Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

One weird twisting angle and your cooter would burst open like the floodgates of Hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

appointment with the oral surgeon tomorrow and yup here it comes. I'm spotting already. hooooraaaay

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Having one of those pre-period days where everything hurts, barely have the energy to move, can’t concentrate on anything, feel vaguely sick and if I just had a runny nose I’d swear it was the flu. ughhhhHHH

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

This thread is proof that it is definitely women who try to hide that periods are gross. Much like how "Don't you realise that most skincare and make up is made by men" is making a rather different argument to the one he thinks it is.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Waterbed Wendy posted:

the cask of mymoundtillado

(as the last of the tampons are slotted into the wall) for the love of God, Monstresor!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

SatansOnion posted:

(as the last of the tampons are slotted into the wall) for the love of God, Monstresor!

I'm weeping and struggling to breathe omg

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

This might only be intelligible to irish people, if even that.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
more like wee-weepoxy

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Ok for wood but not okay for bagina?! Another double standard smdh

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is like an All-Stars. Dude went full bingo there.

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow
I started what might be my first period in years what the gently caress

If not it's just a fun time being really sick with added blood yay

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
"susan that's a lovely lipstick you're wearing, where did you get it?"

"oh you know, my pussy."

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Dazerbeams posted:

bloodgates of Hell.

ftfy

big missed opportunity

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july
i remember in high school one day my (female!) Anatomy class (!!!!!!!!!) teacher proclaimed that "you only lose a tablespoon of blood each month" and EVERY girl in the class erupted with indignation and the boys proceeded to make fun of us because "you guys are such wimps, that's not that bad"

that still rustles my jimmies :arghfist: when I was 14 I used to be stricken immobile on the couch from cramps and going through 'overnight' pads during the day, she was otherwise a great teacher but wtf lady

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

HOT BREAD! posted:

i remember in high school one day my (female!) Anatomy class (!!!!!!!!!) teacher proclaimed that "you only lose a tablespoon of blood each month" and EVERY girl in the class erupted with indignation and the boys proceeded to make fun of us because "you guys are such wimps, that's not that bad"

A tablespoon a MONTH?! I probably lose a tablespoon every 30 seconds.

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july
Yeah idk where she got that info but she was wrong as all hell and it sucks that she taught that info to high schoolers 😤

Fake e: goog says average is 6-8 tbsp but we all know how wildly that can vary

Actual e: also, the CLOTS

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

HOT BREAD! posted:

Fake e: goog says average is 6-8 tbsp but we all know how wildly that can vary

Actual e: also, the CLOTS

1) The average per month?

2) Pad commercials should include clots, even if they have to be little blue clots

3) This is my 23rd non-consecutive period day since August 12, and I think it is filling my brain with deviant thoughts

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

YeahTubaMike posted:

2) Pad commercials should include clots, even if they have to be little blue clots

3) This is my 23rd non-consecutive period day since August 12, and I think it is filling my brain with deviant thoughts

imagining the prop guy tasked with figuring out a decent visual representation of a blue clot.

Literally A Person fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 9, 2020

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Literally A Person posted:

imaging the prop guy tasked with figuring out a decent visual representation of a blue clot.

Slightly warm blue raspberry Jello :gonk:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

YeahTubaMike posted:

Slightly warm blue raspberry Jello :gonk:

M'eh, it's a living

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

YeahTubaMike posted:

Yep, monthly average. Err... per-period average?

Y’all are reminding me how I saw a pad commercial the other day and they were actually using (light) red liquid. it was super surprising and I can’t help but think how many people who saw that were freaked out (myself included) because we have managed to normalize Blue Curaçao menses, I guess? had to have a long think to myself after that one

new boot goofin fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Sep 9, 2020

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:

Colonel Cancer posted:

How about a shewee or whatever they call those big prosthetic penises for lady campers but for periods?!? Relive man's worst horror every time you go to the bathroom.

someone sufficiently masc-looking please bring a pressurized shewee into a men's bathroom, blast a stream of blood into a urinal with the casual nonchalance of someone who does it every day, and report back on bystander reactions

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
The same shock jock who calls teen girls and adult women Tomato Pants went on and on about a news story pre Covid, a company that offered women a paid week off for their periods/they could work from home if they were up to it, otherwise week off. How pissed he was, and then how eager to get all the "super bitchy" women out, but only if dudes got a paid week off to wank.

it's like, I will never ever have a penis or experience what it feels like to ejaculate, but I am pretty sure it overall feels better than a period.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Cowslips Warren posted:

The same shock jock who calls teen girls and adult women Tomato Pants went on and on about a news story pre Covid, a company that offered women a paid week off for their periods/they could work from home if they were up to it, otherwise week off. How pissed he was, and then how eager to get all the "super bitchy" women out, but only if dudes got a paid week off to wank.

it's like, I will never ever have a penis or experience what it feels like to ejaculate, but I am pretty sure it overall feels better than a period.

It's not bad.

:clint:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

imagining the prop guy tasked with figuring out a decent visual representation of a blue clot.

Just throw in some bits of corn starch in cold blue water. Close enough.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ill always remember the guy who learned while being mocked that tampons do not plug the vagina so you can pull it out and let it all drain like water down the drain at home. He did not understand it wasn't like an instant *blormph*

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Get the Hannibal folks to mock it up. It'll look great.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Barudak posted:

Ill always remember the guy who learned while being mocked that tampons do not plug the vagina so you can pull it out and let it all drain like water down the drain at home. He did not understand it wasn't like an instant *blormph*

Would that be more or less convenient than how they work currently?

E: that's an honest question.

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 9, 2020

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Who What Now posted:

Would that be more or less convenient than how they work currently?

E: that's an honest question.

That’s exactly how the cups work. When it functions as intended, it’s pretty drat great.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

I don't really care if cis dudes get time off every month as well. Everyone should get more vacation days no matter what (here in america, where no one has guaranteed paid time off).

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

HOT BREAD! posted:

that still rustles my jimmies :arghfist: when I was 14 I used to be stricken immobile on the couch from cramps and going through 'overnight' pads during the day, she was otherwise a great teacher but wtf lady

Yeah, I heard 2 tablespoons back in the day. I think I figured it out though. It is possible that no matter how much menstrual fluid you lose, only a tablespoon or two of that is regular circulating blood. Like when you shed the uterine lining that leaves some capillaries at loose ends and a tiny bit of regular blood leaks out of the circulatory system. The liquified uterine lining itself isn't exactly blood. Menstrual fluid also contains mucus, anticoagulant, and probably various goos I can't remember at the moment. Fluid produced does not equal blood lost.

Why would the small amount of regular circulating blood lost be worth mentioning at all? Just a guess, but I bet it's that whole "thing that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die" meme. They want to reassure 14 year olds that you're not going to lose a dangerous amount of blood and randomly die of anemia one month. That would be hemorrhaging, not menstruating.

I am totally pulling this out of my rear end, but it seems like a reasonable way the misleading 1-2 tablespoons factoid could have gotten started.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Dazerbeams posted:

One weird twisting angle and your cooter would burst open like the floodgates of Hell.

Imagine if you sneeze or laugh and a few drops of pee comes out. Normally not a problem. But with Mensez a few drops of pee releases a blood wave that engulfs the city.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

Imagine if you sneeze or laugh and a few drops of pee comes out. Normally not a problem. But with Mensez a few drops of pee releases a blood wave that engulfs the city.

Been a while but I dont think thats how that Siouxsie and the Banshees song goes.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Listen I don't know which one of you tik tok witches cast a spell on the thread that makes other people get your symptoms but I just felt myself ovulate for the first time I and I'm not happy about it.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I replaced my usual sympathetic magick candles with used tampons. Light the string like a wick, hit a lady in the junk with a metaphorical brick.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I mean I am the OP, y’all did this to y’selves

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Facebook Aunt posted:

I just remembered this guy, lol.

Would you gently caress me? I'd gently caress me. I'd gently caress me hard.

And I'd seal all those intimate juices inside with organic Mensez! Call now and we'll throw in the cunny vacuum, OUR gift to YOU, ABSOLUTELY FREE!

Also - hey, hi - have any of y'all felt pregnant and then actually been pregnant prior to being late? There is something going on with my wife's uterus and I am not sure how to advise her asides from suggesting a pregnancy test which she is currently adverse to for superstitious jinx type reasons.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

kntfkr posted:

Would you gently caress me? I'd gently caress me. I'd gently caress me hard.

And I'd seal all those intimate juices inside with organic Mensez! Call now and we'll throw in the cunny vacuum, OUR gift to YOU, ABSOLUTELY FREE!

Also - hey, hi - have any of y'all felt pregnant and then actually been pregnant prior to being late? There is something going on with my wife's uterus and I am not sure how to advise her asides from suggesting a pregnancy test which she is currently adverse to for superstitious jinx type reasons.

What symptoms is she experiencing?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

HIJK posted:

What symptoms is she experiencing?

Just like a fullness that equates more to what she felt in 3rd trimester of our 1st born than the fullness that you experience after eating. Stomach feels "weird" but not like nausea. She just says she feels pregnant. I think she took a test like a week after I busted and it was negative so I'm a little worried about what her feeling could be if it's not eggnancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
"Eggnancy" is a loving fantastic word, lol.