Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Jason Garrett made most of his opponents look like geniuses in comparison.

be careful or he'll clap at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Wowza

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1303370625009020929

Have fun paying for receivers that are up for extensions!

Happy with Keenan's deal

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Hot Diggity! posted:

Wowza

Gatdamn I’m glad we paid Michael Thomas last year.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

They're the best cheaters, too. The Bucs are going to wish they had Winston back when Tom starts noodle arming throws around game 4 because he's just too old to keep up with the game anymore.

I love the running theory by patriots fans that a management famous for secrecy and competance is somehow magically only bad at cheating and

A: the things they got caught doing aren't "really cheating."

B: The team is being unfairly targeted for things "everyone does" (yet somehow don't get caught doing).

And, bizzarely

C: We know everything they've tried because somehow they're comically incompetant specifically when it comes to, and only to, (not) cheating.

Reminds me of how jingo states claim their opponents are comically incompetant and also existentially dangerous.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Hot Diggity! posted:

Wowza

He deserves it OP

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I'm so glad there's a podcast now for sports groupies. I've only seen two tweets out of this podcast and the first one was about a girl getting railed by an entire basketball team. It has no where to go but up.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1303374021782835200

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Oh, that seems much more reasonable in context

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Eifert Posting posted:

I love the running theory by patriots fans that a management famous for secrecy and competance is somehow magically only bad at cheating and

A: the things they got caught doing aren't "really cheating."

B: The team is being unfairly targeted for things "everyone does" (yet somehow don't get caught doing).

And, bizzarely

C: We know everything they've tried because somehow they're comically incompetant specifically when it comes to, and only to, (not) cheating.

Reminds me of how jingo states claim their opponents are comically incompetant and also existentially dangerous.

They call me the deflator because I'm losing weight

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Front load it before you hopefully have to redo kyler murray, i guess.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

tarbrush posted:

Oh, that seems much more reasonable in context

yeah the contract makes a lot more sense in the life of the greater contract but the sticker shock sure is something.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Ugh, the Bucs are going to have to give Godwin a ton of money.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

a neat cape posted:

Happy with Keenan's deal

i mean you should still be happy, but lol

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Front load it before you hopefully have to redo kyler murray, i guess.

If they can give him a massive bonus and have it spread out over the 5 years that would be ideal, but what do I know about the cap...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

nerve posted:

i mean you should still be happy, but lol

Why lol?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

three posted:

"This is it, this is the year Miami and Buffalo win the division!" is an evergreen post in these here forums for years.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1303379861239664643

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

:actually: the Bills will win their division and it won't be close

I know it's the Bills we are talking about, but still

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Keenan Allen as the second highest paid WR is a bit of a reach

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Keenan Allen as the second highest paid WR is a bit of a reach

He was the next one up. He's in that tier.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Miami will probably be adequate.

In that sweet 6-10 to 8-8 spot baby

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Cam Newton better be amazing because that offensive roster sucks

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

AndrewP posted:

Cam Newton better be amazing because that offensive roster sucks

Cam Newton is amazing.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Cam Newton was amazing.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I’m sure EA’s motivations are totally pure and are in no way an attempt to generate some good press for Madden 21, which has received nothing but scorn from reviewers and on social media.

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1303378820028915722?s=21

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Yeah, if this really is Cam's return and he is 100% the player he was, he is still going to have to claw like crazy for every win. I just don't see how that team is going to win more than 8 without the aforementioned cheating. On paper, there is no reason the Bills don't run away with that division.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Professor Funk posted:

I’m sure EA’s motivations are totally pure and are in no way an attempt to generate some good press for Madden 21, which has received nothing but scorn from reviewers and on social media.

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1303378820028915722?s=21

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1303382007863562250

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

also the other hting about the patriots on defense is in the brady era they've always had a qb that can just milk the clock for 75% of the game and keep them off the field and rested.

even in Cam's mvp season he was missing checkdowns and going 3 and out the entire time because he has inconsistent mechanics.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

a neat cape posted:

He was the next one up. He's in that tier.

Keenan Allen is lowkey a top 5 WR full stop

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Riiiiiight. Look, the guy shouldn't be blacklisted and I'm sure that at least up until a year or so ago he could still play and potentially start, but that is silly. I guess they didn't want to add him as a scrub because then people would question what the point was. At that rating he is at least playable.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Lotta people itt counting out Bill Belichick.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
ea trying to just drown out all the talk about how poo poo the new madden is by any means possible is at least more interesting than the new game is

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

ghosthorse posted:

ea trying to just drown out all the talk about how poo poo the new madden is by any means possible is at least more interesting than the new game is

And all they're doing is giving us back a feature that was in an old game, so it sounds right

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
People complain about Madden every year when it’s launched, it’s a minor story in gaming/sports circles, and then it’s gone once the first patch date is announced or whatever. Like, I remember basically the same furor a decade or so back when there was a glitch with some of the medium/higher difficulties that allowed low rated DT’s to run with, effectively cover, and out jump guys like Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss for interceptions. It made for some funny videos for a week, then it was gone and nobody cared or remembered.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fartknocker posted:

People complain about Madden every year when it’s launched, it’s a minor story in gaming/sports circles, and then it’s gone once the first patch date is announced or whatever. Like, I remember basically the same furor a decade or so back when there was a glitch with some of the medium/higher difficulties that allowed low rated DT’s to run with, effectively cover, and out jump guys like Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss for interceptions. It made for some funny videos for a week, and then it was gone any nobody cared or remembered.

I am not plugged into this scene but I feel like it's bigger this year. Maybe pandemic related since more people are playing, maybe just tired of years of not having a franchise mode update or whatever? Or maybe just me paying more attention.

As a person who hasn't played in a while I've enjoyed the buggy videos at least.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

fartknocker posted:

People complain about Madden every year when it’s launched, it’s a minor story in gaming/sports circles, and then it’s gone once the first patch date is announced or whatever. Like, I remember basically the same furor a decade or so back when there was a glitch with some of the medium/higher difficulties that allowed low rated DT’s to run with, effectively cover, and out jump guys like Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss for interceptions. It made for some funny videos for a week, then it was gone and nobody cared or remembered.

This year is somehow a step back from last year. I played one game and had 3 insane glitches. Raheem Mostert called for a false start while in the backfield after I audibled into an I formation, for example.

I got a full refund, thank god.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1303386708650721280

Oof Ian

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Establish it

:schotty::schotty::schotty::schotty::schotty::schotty::schotty::schotty:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Lmao somehow Trubisky is better than all of those QBs in Madden. Garbage game.