Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
The Guardians will probably be allied units for most of the campaign and them turn on you in the final few maps.

Though maybe our friend will survive it in some way. I mean some of the guardians get through unscathed (the ones in the shrines, Robbie's oven that he really wants to gently caress etc).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I forgot he wants to gently caress an oven.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Cartoon Man posted:

Some noobie advice in spoilers though don’t be afraid to just go off on your own and ignore this.

Head to Kakariko village first like the game suggests you do. Once you’re done there, head for Hateno Village (Far East)to get the last of your sheika slate upgrades. After that you can truly go gently caress around and do whatever. If you want to go after the four Divine beasts, here’s a good order in terms of difficulty and reward: Zora domain (north of Kakariko), Death Mountain (north of Zora but you really can’t miss the giant loving volcano), Rito Village (far west), and the Gerudo Desert (far Southwest).

I would change this to Rito Village first (I mean of the divine beasts; definitely go to Kakariko/Hateno first overall). Getting Revali's Gale first is absolutely game-changing as far as exploring the world goes. Plus, IMO, it's by far the easiest to complete.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I hope they call the little guy The Defect.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
It kind of bums me out that cool looking Zelda spin offs keep dipping into genres I don't love. I couldn't get into the original Necrodancer or any Musou game. I'm very tempted to try again though.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Playable Hestu.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Fuzz posted:

Playable Hestu.

I would be so down for that.

The greatest crime of the original was not giving us playable Makar

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I wonder if we'll get to see tiny Sidon? :3:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Unless this is a budget title i can't see how its pre calamity BotW canon cast only. There's maybe 7-8 notable characters max from that era. The first HW got a river of poo poo on release for only having 13 characters.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

pentyne posted:

Unless this is a budget title i can't see how its pre calamity BotW canon cast only. There's maybe 7-8 notable characters max from that era. The first HW got a river of poo poo on release for only having 13 characters.

A budget title from Nintendo? nah this is a full $60 release.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

pentyne posted:

Persona 5 Scramble (The last KT crossover musou game) had about that many playable characters and I don't think it was any worse for it at all.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Professor Wayne posted:

It kind of bums me out that cool looking Zelda spin offs keep dipping into genres I don't love. I couldn't get into the original Necrodancer or any Musou game. I'm very tempted to try again though.

I feel you on Cadence of Hyrule. I can't do rhythm games at all. :( I am just physically incapable. I think I have a brain defect.

I am extremely down for more HyWar, though!

Zore posted:

I would be so down for that.

The greatest crime of the original was not giving us playable MakarGroose

Fixed, but playable Makar also would have been good, now that you mention it. We got Medli but not Makar!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I just realized they could make a pretty penny selling some of Link's clothes from BotW as costumes for characters. The Barbarian set would look fitting on Daruk, Stealth Armor is a no-brainer for young Impa, and Link himself is absolutely going to get the Gerudo outfit.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Sarcastro posted:

I would change this to Rito Village first (I mean of the divine beasts; definitely go to Kakariko/Hateno first overall). Getting Revali's Gale first is absolutely game-changing as far as exploring the world goes. Plus, IMO, it's by far the easiest to complete.

Yeah I left Revali's Gale until the end of the game after I'd finished everything else - god drat did I regret that. As much as I enjoyed the hell out of BotW it would have been even better if I'd gotten that sooner.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

pentyne posted:

I mean they could pretty easily pad it out with OCs (they have a unique little guardian on the cover who's almost certainly a character), the Ganonblights etc.

And you have, at minimum

Link
Zelda
Revali
Urbosa
Mipha
Daruk
King Daphnes
Impa
Purah
Kohga

Who are all active and important during the period. We've definitely seen either Impa or Purah in the trailer as well.

Then there's a lot of background characters who get mentioned in diaries and the memories who could show up like Link's dad (who was a knight and good enough to be chosen to teach Mipha how to spear fight). Or the Koroks and Great Fairies etc.

Zore fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 8, 2020

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Silver Falcon posted:

I feel you on Cadence of Hyrule. I can't do rhythm games at all. :( I am just physically incapable. I think I have a brain defect.

Cadence has a mode where you don't have to act on rhythm for accessibility reasons, but I'm not sure if you can activate it in the demo (in fact my brain can't even remember if there's a demo or if I'm just making that up)

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

I wonder if any missions in this game will explain some of the more mysterious areas of BotW. And maybe a mission with King Dorephan throwing a guardian off a cliff.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

god damnit. I hate musou games :(

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

god damnit. I hate musou games :(

Yeah. I was so thrilled when I saw 40-odd posts showing up so quick, but....

Oh well, I'm glad most everyone else here is happy.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'm looking forward to all the uploads of videos of the story though, I'm honestly interested in that. :shobon:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Surely there's going to be some kind of dimensional shenanigans that throws other Zelda characters into the mix, if only because I can't imagine they won't take the opportunity to keep the huge existing cast playable.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Rand Brittain posted:

Surely there's going to be some kind of dimensional shenanigans that throws other Zelda characters into the mix, if only because I can't imagine they won't take the opportunity to keep the huge existing cast playable.

In the main campaign probably not, as that being an accurate retelling of the Great Calamity seems to be one of the big draws for this.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

I could see something like Tingle's spirit coming to protect the island named after him. Same with other characters with BotW landmark references, but most importantly Tingle.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Calamity Tingle

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Captain Hygiene posted:

Calamity Tingle

:hmmyes:

Actually now I'm interested in seeing the videos that Peco puts out of gameplay because his poo poo is wild.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

God November can’t come soon enough.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Never played the first Hyrule Warriors, but I fuckin loved the storyline in BotW so I’m abso-fuckin-lutely getting this one!

Also I’m guessing this means BOTW2 ain’t coming till like 2022 and this is just to tide us over lmao

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

announcement video also seemed to suggest that botw2 is primarily updating the previous world map

FooF
Mar 26, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

announcement video also seemed to suggest that botw2 is primarily updating the previous world map

To the degree that they're modifying the original, rather than creating something entirely new, that could cut down on the development time but this being Nintendo and BotW being such a landmark game, they're probably doing something ridiculous.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reveal is literally: [image of BotW Hyrule in all its glory] "You've explored Hyrule before... [image pans down to show a cross-section of Hyrule from the side and there's a subterranean layer 3x the size of the surface] ...but never like this!" Followed by some sky layer with a floating Hyrule Castle.

Hyrule Warriors - Prelude to BoTW: The Definitive Holdover Edition still looks pretty cool, though.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Brave of them to set a game at a point in time canonically where nearly everyone dies.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've never played a musou game before until Hyrule Warriors definitive edition, and lemme tell ya, its a real fun game. The adventure mode is a massive time suck, but you could easily play the legend / story mode. I imagine they'll have original playable characters for this game, similar to the first one. Hopefully someone less annoying as Lana...

Edit: Calamity Linkle

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Zore posted:

I mean they could pretty easily pad it out with OCs (they have a unique little guardian on the cover who's almost certainly a character), the Ganonblights etc.

And you have, at minimum

Link
Zelda
Revali
Urbosa
Mipha
Daruk
King Daphnes
Impa
Purah
Kohga

Who are all active and important during the period. We've definitely seen either Impa or Purah in the trailer as well.

Then there's a lot of background characters who get mentioned in diaries and the memories who could show up like Link's dad (who was a knight and good enough to be chosen to teach Mipha how to spear fight). Or the Koroks and Great Fairies etc.

Great fairies.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

RickRogers posted:

Great fairies. I....need them

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

time to main urbosa, hell yeah

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

there should be a non-canon sidestory where baby sidon defeats calamity ganon

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The original HW padded out its cast with different weapons that amounted to entirely new characters. I am sure this is the same

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Given that we see Zelda playable in her adventuring gear and using the slate but on the cover in her dress, I'm fully expecting the ending to be unlocking and playing as awakened Zelda as she goes to seal herself and Ganon away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

seiferguy posted:

Edit: Calamity Linkle

Bring back linkle or the game will stinkle.