Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Dustcat posted:

i thought the pumping was mostly softbank

i mean musk helped hype it, like when he announced full self driving within the year again, but it's not like he stopped doing something to suddenly make it crash

i love how Softbank has been consistently involved in the dumbest financial moves over the past 3 years

WeWork, that shady reverse factoring business, this recent bubble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

oxsnard posted:

8 days ago. Timing not perfect, but the stock is -43% since I posted this
sir, i would like to subscribe to your newsletter

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

sir, i would like to subscribe to your newsletter

its this thread. i dont recommend it

Divot
Dec 23, 2013

Giga Gaia posted:

its this thread. i dont recommend it

I don't get what y'all we're saying over the weekend about this thread being a dark read and comparing it to the climate change thread

Doomsday Econ is the only thread here that I have fun reading

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Divot posted:

I don't get what y'all we're saying over the weekend about this thread being a dark read and comparing it to the climate change thread

Doomsday Econ is the only thread here that I have fun reading

i dont understand the 'cspam is so DARK' posts at all tbh. i guess if youve never read the news or a non-fiction book prior to 2016 maybe. i dunno. just lol at poo poo

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

i hope tsla crashes abysmally and we get to call this thread Doomsday Elonomics when it happens

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

*describe the reality we all live in and experience*

yo, this poo poo is depressing. you all are blackpilled. be more positive.

Rhetoric-o-Tron
Jan 5, 2009

by Pragmatica
well my portfolio is in flames but at least my WSB comments have been really popular today

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Shugojin posted:

i hope tsla crashes abysmally and we get to call this thread Doomsday Elonomics when it happens

lol

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
just don't read the climate thread yo

Divot
Dec 23, 2013

Giga Gaia posted:

i dont understand the 'cspam is so DARK' posts at all tbh. i guess if youve never read the news or a non-fiction book prior to 2016 maybe. i dunno. just lol at poo poo

Yeah I dunno I mean I don't read the climate change thread anymore cause it was too upsetting and the Succ Zone has just become a deep well of hatred that isn't that fun anymore

This thread though is just all of us riding the wild roller-coaster of NUMBER and I'm happy to be along for the ride

e; ^what he said

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 64 days!

nm found it

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Shugojin posted:

Elon after all his stock is worthless sitting a closed garage with his Tesla running

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Gazpacho posted:

did you forget to carry, it's down 32% from its all-time high close

also ~16th US company by market cap and still worth more than JP Morgan

nah dyslexia moment lol

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/dallasnews/status/1303409271854559232?s=20

Blood

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Shugojin posted:

except he'll have received $15bn funded by rubes and taxpayer incentives.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!

the punchline is that we have highly developed self-awareness, a miracle that has taken the entire lifespan of the universe to produce, and this is what is set before us to comprehend with it

although we know not what we are or where we are going, we are not nothing, for nothing cannot scream inside

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

as soon as you sell it'll bounce back

or maybe if you sell you'll somehow lose even more money, like you will go to pull your cash out and your brokerage will exfiltrate all your cash to iran? idk

this is why im going long baby

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

noo not futtbuckers

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
HODL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
aw man not luby's

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

the punchline is that we have highly developed self-awareness, a miracle that has taken the entire lifespan of the universe to produce, and this is what is set before us to comprehend with it

although we know not what we are or where we are going, we are not nothing, for nothing cannot scream inside

lol imagine believing the sense of self consciousness you get from a brain that is convinced two straight lines are curved through childish tricks

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

is that supposed to be a Luby's reference

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i used to think fuddruckers was a made up place because the name is obviously a joke, like quaker steak and lube, but turns out it's real, like quaker steak and lube

basically americans shouldn't be allowed to name or theme restaurants anymore

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

dick wizard posted:

noo not futtbuckers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIBj2GIbGo0&t=30s

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
but yeah, two blows to entertainment/arcade-themed restaurants and cafeterias. also for texas eateries, highland park cafeteria closed for good, which was an old-school dallas cafeteria where the ancient, republican, purple-haired ladies liked to hang out. their tastebuds must have still be good because that place was tasty... including the liver.

also had a wall of presidents going back to george washington as you walk toward the serving line, ending with trump. took my parents there earlier this year before the pandemic and they scowled at trump. anyways so long highland park cafeteria

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

number not bloody enough

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

BM is a 1%er yall

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

:ohdear:

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Ruddfuckers

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

horny is prohibited, even if it’s ant-man

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

idiocracy... not a documentary??

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Fuddruckers competes at the high end of the fast food market against chains such as Flakey Jake's

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

i get fuddruckers confused with bibbentuckers and just go to whataburger instead

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

wtf

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
everyone come to my new burger joint Jitty Tob Sum Cwaps

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Fellatio del Toro posted:

idiocracy... not a documentary??

it's proof that we are not locked into a single timeline

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

what part of to the moon did you not understand!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

smythe sold at 3:59