Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Imagine, if you will, a Koosh ball but made of penises with a shotgun sticking out of the middle. That is who I want to role play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
The shotgun is also a penis

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hey, get your own character sheet.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

apatheticman posted:

Hey marvel, remember Dr Octopus? Well I've got some ideas.

Hey Stan it’s your cousin, Marvin. You know that new design you’ve been looking for?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/sophieming_/status/1303311040206209026?s=21

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Solice Kirsk posted:

Imagine, if you will, a Koosh ball but made of penises

no I read the Kingdom Hearts dick hydra fanfic years ago and i really don't want to be reminded of it

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Why on this dying earth would you wear broken glass as jewelry?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Well What Now posted:

Why on this dying earth would you wear broken glass as jewelry?

People can't afford fancy rocks anymore.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Why would you wear diamonds, less child soldiers died for the broken glass

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The reason diamonds are so expensive is because of all the cocaine they have to buy for the child soldiers. It's a vicious cycle.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Someone thought this was a good enough idea to tell it to someone, and that person agreed that it was a good idea, and those two people decided to implement it, then they only shut their store down after they got called out by hundreds of people. Oh, but they're fulfilling orders that were already made though. Sweet jesus. :stare:

I have to admit that I'm not jaded enough not to be shocked by this.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
now picturing it going like Oddworld meets Metal Gear where they turn the child soldiers into diamonds

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ghost Leviathan posted:

now picturing it going like Oddworld meets Metal Gear where they turn the child soldiers into diamonds
they burn the child soldiers into ash, then make diamonds from the ashes and carry them into battle

somewhere the gif of venom snake eating doritos also comes into this

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

YeahTubaMike posted:

Someone thought this was a good enough idea to tell it to someone, and that person agreed that it was a good idea, and those two people decided to implement it, then they only shut their store down after they got called out by hundreds of people. Oh, but they're fulfilling orders that were already made though. Sweet jesus. :stare:

"I see that you're admiring my bolo tie. It's called the Eric." :smug:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

I mean, people bought it? If the profits/proceeds were going to a social justice cause then maybe ok? because anyone paying hundreds of dollars for the most pointless of performative activism should be separated from their money as aggressively as possible because they sure as poo poo aren't going to actually get involved and help.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Ordered takeout online. This is what I got upon order completion.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Those poor poor McDonald’s workers

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

pentyne posted:

I mean, people bought it? If the profits/proceeds were going to a social justice cause then maybe ok? because anyone paying hundreds of dollars for the most pointless of performative activism should be separated from their money as aggressively as possible because they sure as poo poo aren't going to actually get involved and help.

Un no way is this ok and nothing can make it ok. This is akin to going to Auschwitz and making jewelry out of the gravel you find on the ground. Jewish People were brutalized and died there. Black people and people if color were brutalized un those riots and some did die. The excuse of "haha idiots and their money are soon parted " falls flat and is absolutely unconscionable considering you can do just that without using Black people's pain and people of colors pain as the basis of getting rich quick.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Yeah the commodification of Black death is a continuance of the culture leading to, allowing, and excusing Black death. It's extremely gross.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
For a moment I thought you were talking about the bubonic plague.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Same, I was confused and intrigued

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There are some things that you probably just shouldn't ever make merchandise of. Auschwitz is one of those things as we found out from that edgy war history modeling thing from a few pages back.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

CJacobs posted:

There are some things that you probably just shouldn't ever make merchandise of. Auschwitz is one of those things as we found out from that edgy war history modeling thing from a few pages back.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

From the above twitter link]

What the gently caress is desegregating social media? This is the only charity these jewelers were donating to, besides recouping manufacturing costs. None of the money was going to the families of the victims. You know, the one's related directly to the deceased for whom the jewelry is named after.

In other news, pedophilia.

Mom Fights to Ban Child Sex Dolls After Daughter's Likeness Was Used for One
After her daughter's likeness was used for a sex doll that went up for sale on the internet, a mother paired up with a Boca Raton-based organization to fight for a federal mandate
https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/mom-fights-to-ban-child-sex-dolls-after-daughters-likeness-was-used-for-one/2287435/

quote:

A mother is fighting back after a photo of her child was stolen and her likeness was turned into a sex doll that was legally for sale on Amazon and other websites.

NBC 6 talked exclusively with the girl’s mother to talk about her quest with a Boca Raton organization to fight for a federal mandate banning child sex dolls. Currently, child sex dolls are only banned in Florida and two other states, but advocates and victims say much more needs to be done to expose this secret.

“I knew it right away. I knew it the one site, I saw her and zoomed in on her face and her hair. I was just, I couldn't believe it," said the mother, who asked to be identified as only Terri.

The $559 doll resembled her 8-year-old daughter. And not just any doll -- according to the Amazon ad, it was "a high quality sexy dolly live dolls for men." One product review posted in May read, "Good item during these times."

“I can't sleep sometimes because that's all I can think about, men who have sex with those dolls, and I can't get them back. I just want to burn them," Terri said, in tears.

The same doll appears naked on another website, which NBC 6 has verified but we are not identifying.

Terri says she freaked. She reached out to Amazon – and four days later the ad was removed. In a statement, an Amazon spokesperson said, “All sellers must follow our selling guidelines and those who do not will be subject to action including potential removal of their account. This product has been removed.”

But Terri said she found the same doll on other sites on the internet.

“And some of these websites have her completely naked and they have a video of people trying to explain how this child sex doll works," she said.

A quick search shows similar child sex dolls on other popular sites.

“They should be charged as sex offender. They should be fined. And these websites need to be shut down," Terri said. "I knew at that moment I couldn't do this fight alone. I knew I needed someone to help me because I can't get these dolls off 13, 14, 15 websites."

Terri paired up with the Child Rescue Coalition, or C.R.C., a Boca Raton-based organization that is dedicated to stopping and identifying predators that trade illegal child sex materials.

Bad Marketing Moves: Amazon selling literal pedo sex dolls modeled on actual children.

There is the change.org link, but honestly I don't think it does anything. It's not a government petition, and any money you donate after signing goes directly to whoever runs change.org. FYI if anyone doesn't know. Not to mention every time the number of total signs is reached, it's automatically extended.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Platystemon posted:

For a moment I thought you were talking about the bubonic plague.

On reread I got that too, lmao

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I wish that article would explain how she found the ad in the first place and said, "wait, that's my daughter". I just don't understand.

Kevin DuBrow has a new favorite as of 18:01 on Sep 10, 2020

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Someone in California actually got bubonic plague last week

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

CommonShore posted:

It actually happens more than you'd think (though still really rare). Its just easily treatable with modern antibiotics and usually water treatment gets it anyway but in some really rural places it can happen.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

CommonShore posted:

It still occurs in wild rodents in many places so once in a while it pops in humans. Luckily modern antibiotics work wonders if it's caught early.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

value-brand cereal posted:

From the above twitter link]

What the gently caress is desegregating social media? This is the only charity these jewelers were donating to, besides recouping manufacturing costs. None of the money was going to the families of the victims. You know, the one's related directly to the deceased for whom the jewelry is named after.

I had to look into their whole platform and past things they pat themselves on the back for doing/supporting/just linking to even understand it (so they've hosed up their messaging SUPER badly and count in this thread themselves), but it looks like their main goal is trying to get white people to understand and engage more in conversations about racism. They bring up stuff like 'if you're white, studies show over 90% of the people you follow on social media are, too'. By 'desegregating social media' they mean that they want to get more white people following and listening to people of color.

Or possibly that they're white people who don't understand why nobody lets THEM talk about racism. It could also be that.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I wish that article would explain how she found the ad in the first place and said, "wait, that's my daughter". I just don't understand.

Its super unclear but at one point it says "Amazon ad" so possibly it was fed to her as an ad on another site, or while she was on Amazon itself?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I somehow completely missed that there'd been another lethal riot in the US, I thought this was still about 2017. :( But that was Charlottesville, not Charleston.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
"lethal riot" is a hell of a way to put it

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

RagnarokAngel posted:

It actually happens more than you'd think

Bubonic plague? In my California?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Please get back to work, Mr. Governor

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Winklebottom posted:

It still occurs in wild rodents in many places so once in a while it pops in humans. Luckily modern antibiotics work wonders if it's caught early.

Armadillos apparently carry bubonic plague AND leprosy. Papa Nurgle's lesser known blessed creatures.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

About once every year or two, the Army sends out a safetygram because some trooper went camping and got the plague.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The Black Death didn't go away, it kept killing people every generation less and less effectively for basically ever. It took about 400 years for the major outbreaks to stop in Eurasia. Imagine that you drop a bouncy ball off a roof and it bounces high, then lower, then lower, then lower. Same with our old friend bubonic plague

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The plague only cooled off after enough Europeans who didn’t have twitchy immune systems died childless.

European experience high rates of autoimmune disorders to this day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The Black Death didn't go away, it kept killing people every generation less and less effectively for basically ever. It took about 400 years for the major outbreaks to stop in Eurasia. Imagine that you drop a bouncy ball off a roof and it bounces high, then lower, then lower, then lower. Same with our old friend bubonic plague

Imagine four rats on the edge of a cliff