Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Created my account in 2008 and don’t see anything. How drat long ago do you need to have done it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Xenomrph posted:

Hmm... I've been a member since 2001, I don't see any messages like that. :(

:same:

Would have just paid scalper price for a Cobra Trooper with that kind of coupon.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I joined in 1999, for what it's worth.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I joined in 1999, for what it's worth.

I could have sworn I got that email, because I remember looking at it and seeing it tell me some highlights from my account history. But now I can't find it anywhere in my inbox. What's the subject line?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The highlight email is called "25 years of eBay? No way!"

There was no code or anything in mine though.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Got my light box in today. Already love it!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Agrias120 posted:

I could have sworn I got that email, because I remember looking at it and seeing it tell me some highlights from my account history. But now I can't find it anywhere in my inbox. What's the subject line?

Mine said:

quote:

A $25 coupon for being with us since the start.
Sent:Aug-31-20 13:20

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

While still no cobra trooper, I am reminded that I still have a great Target. Found all three of wave 2 this afternoon.

It also seems that the internet is correct on thw wave 2 case breakdown, there were 3 commanders, 2 gungho, and 1 red ninja on the pegs.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Even though Craig Drake did the art on that Baroness box and it looks pretty good, I still say boxes belong in the trash. Free your toys!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Dale-Taco posted:

While still no cobra trooper, I am reminded that I still have a great Target. Found all three of wave 2 this afternoon.

It also seems that the internet is correct on thw wave 2 case breakdown, there were 3 commanders, 2 gungho, and 1 red ninja on the pegs.

Awesome collection!

I have a Baroness on the way, can't wait to lay out my entire collection. Cobra Commander is coming this week, as is the Red Ninja I think, so that means I'll only be missing the Trooper, too.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Even though Craig Drake did the art on that Baroness box and it looks pretty good, I still say boxes belong in the trash. Free your toys!

That box art introduced me to Craig Drake, who has such a cool, timeless, Nagel-inspired style. The art from the side of the Baroness box is my phone's wallpaper now (cropped to show her head and shoulders).

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

That box art introduced me to Craig Drake, who has such a cool, timeless, Nagel-inspired style. The art from the side of the Baroness box is my phone's wallpaper now (cropped to show her head and shoulders).

Hasbro’s been hiring some great artists for box art in recent years and the final products look great because of it. In addition to Drake on GIJC they’ve also got Tom Whalen (@strongstuff) doing the 6” Power Rangers line and (until recently) Gregory Titus (@gregorytitus) on the Black Series.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I finally threw out all my Mythic Legions boxes this weekend. I may regret it someday if I decide to sell them off, but it was getting ridiculous. I had almost 80 boxes filling up my storage closet.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Grant DaNasty posted:

I finally threw out all my Mythic Legions boxes this weekend. I may regret it someday if I decide to sell them off, but it was getting ridiculous. I had almost 80 boxes filling up my storage closet.

I used to keep every single Black Series box and it got to the point where it was taking up an entire cabinet. Now I just keep boxes for exclusives and spindly/fragile figures and everything else goes into a 4mil ziploc and a big tub when it’s not on the shelf.

The only stuff I keep in packaging is vintage stuff and con exclusives where the packaging is half the appeal.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Well I lied sorta. Technically I didn't throw away all the packaging. I broke them all down and I threw out all the inside clear plastic parts that held the figures and weapons. At least this is more manageable.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I keep Hot Toys boxes, because the value of the figure actually does crater if you don't have it.

But I will never sell them anyway, so I probably don't have to. But whatever I got a garage.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The first wave of Thundercats Ultimates is shipping out, and I should have them within a few days. I guess there was an issue with some colors/paint applications not matching the prototypes, due to factory errors, so the company has ordered replacement parts that are supposed to ship automatically to anyone who ordered the figures... This should take a couple of months. They're minor errors, really, but it's a classy move to fix it for us like that.

Here's a youtube video that explains it.

I'm not sure yet if I'll buy every single figure from this line, but I preordered most of the first 3 waves. I really hope it does well enough that they get to make a lot of secondary characters. There were a ton of major characters from the show that never got toys from the old LJN line, like Mandora and the Lunataks. Been waiting for a Chilla action figure since I was 7...

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Grant DaNasty posted:

Well I lied sorta. Technically I didn't throw away all the packaging. I broke them all down and I threw out all the inside clear plastic parts that held the figures and weapons. At least this is more manageable.

Oh man, I have been thinking of doing this, but hadn't pulled the trigger. You may have just convinced me...

Also, I remember seeing your display on the cabal. Cool to see you're a fellow goon as well!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have a line on an Eternia set here locally. The person who found it for me talked to the owner, he bought it from a local flea market 16 years ago here in town.

This might be my original set.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Oh man, I have been thinking of doing this, but hadn't pulled the trigger. You may have just convinced me...

Also, I remember seeing your display on the cabal. Cool to see you're a fellow goon as well!

Hell yeah, Cabal above all!

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I have a line on an Eternia set here locally. The person who found it for me talked to the owner, he bought it from a local flea market 16 years ago here in town.

This might be my original set.

You can finally retrieve your grandfather’s treasure map you left inside it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Unmature posted:

You can finally retrieve your grandfather’s treasure map you left inside it

I'm pretty sure I left a joint inside Snake Mountain.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I'm pretty sure I left a joint inside Snake Mountain.

Oh that’s definitely gone

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Unmature posted:

Oh that’s definitely gone

Most likely.

So this set is really beat up, cracks in the main tower, shattered tracks and almost none of the weapons or small vehicles. I'm probably gonna pass on it but he does have a 95% complete Snake MOuntain I'm negotiating on.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Well, if you didn't have the cash for the haslab sentinel, if you have an elegoo mars (or similar resin printer) you can print this dude.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/art/giant-x-men-sentinel-22-24-tall-made-for-elegoo-mars

22-24" tall when it's finished. Looks neat.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Storm shadow came in today. Box is uncrushed, in good condition, and happily sitting with his "friends".

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Found this at Walmart.

He’s the only one they had but they had 3.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Sorry if this is an old question but should I trust target's site inventory over popfindr? I'm seeing different numbers and am wondering if a trip would be wasted or not.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Kingtheninja posted:

Sorry if this is an old question but should I trust target's site inventory over popfindr? I'm seeing different numbers and am wondering if a trip would be wasted or not.

Target is a cesspool of LIES. :arghfist::smithicide:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CelticPredator posted:

Found this at Walmart.

He’s the only one they had but they had 3.

I got one today too, my Walmart had like nine. I was in no way worried about finding one, unlike fuckin’ Target.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
$20 or $25 for the Deadpool ones?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Still no other characters. Gonna check one more ‘Mart

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Cable figure is p cool.

I guess he’s the only one out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Made another deal on figures, this lot has Randor, Clamp Champ and Sorceress!

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

Rhyno posted:

Made another deal on figures, this lot has Randor, Clamp Champ and Sorceress!

Nice score!

I only need five figures from the original line to have everyone; Randor and Sorceress are two of them.

Unfortunately, I'd kind of dropped off buying the figures when the last wave was released, and they weren't widely available here in the UK.

Everyone else I still have from when I was a kid, all complete with weapons.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did you have access to the giants or laser light guys? Part of me wants to pursue them but since I didn't have them as a kid they're not in my radar.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

Rhyno posted:

Did you have access to the giants or laser light guys? Part of me wants to pursue them but since I didn't have them as a kid they're not in my radar.

No. Pretty sure they didn't make it over here.

They would be lovely to have, but I can't really justify the cost.

I got rid of all the vehicles and playsets as a kid, with the exception of Grayskull which I still have. For some reason at the time I knew I would regret selling the figures so kept them. Kid me was pretty wise.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Freshly minted adult me was dumb as poo poo. But the way I'm going ill have the entire figure lineup by the end of October. Got a line on a repaired Scare Glow and it seems replacing the leg bands lowers the value to some people.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

Rhyno posted:

Freshly minted adult me was dumb as poo poo. But the way I'm going ill have the entire figure lineup by the end of October. Got a line on a repaired Scare Glow and it seems replacing the leg bands lowers the value to some people.

Scare Glow is a great one to get. He's another I don't have. One day I'll find him at a price point I'm happy to pay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Gonna be north of $250 for me. Which sucks but ill live with it.