Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i stayed in a cabin last night and this happened

it was nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Kazinsal posted:

imgur appears to have blocked either my IP or my entire ISP because every single request returns 403. and of course because they've effectively monopolized image hosting much like photobucket did circa 2002 this makes most of the internet unusable for me

really wishing I could just let the forest be my guide right about now

what is the first octet of your IP address

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Kazinsal posted:

imgur appears to have blocked either my IP or my entire ISP because every single request returns 403. and of course because they've effectively monopolized image hosting much like photobucket did circa 2002 this makes most of the internet unusable for me

really wishing I could just let the forest be my guide right about now

homedepot.com doesn't load if you try to visit it from romania

just a blank page

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Progressive JPEG posted:

homedepot.com doesn't load if you try to visit it from romania

just a blank page

Same in the Netherlands. There's a couple more sites like that. Just a blank page or a 403. I guess it's their way of complying with gdpr. You'd expect them to have a courtesy page but nope.

Then again those courtesy pages are condescending as gently caress anyways "out european visitors are important to us and we are working on a way to deliver our conc
ent bla bla" yeah sure thing bud, it's only been 2 and a half years. Aaaaany day now.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

spankmeister posted:

Same in the Netherlands. There's a couple more sites like that. Just a blank page or a 403. I guess it's their way of complying with gdpr. You'd expect them to have a courtesy page but nope.

Then again those courtesy pages are condescending as gently caress anyways "out european visitors are important to us and we are working on a way to deliver our conc
ent bla bla" yeah sure thing bud, it's only been 2 and a half years. Aaaaany day now.

Blocking European visitors is the correct reaction to being told to put up a cookie warning popup.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

what is the first octet of your IP address

first octet is 70, BGP AS6327. it resolved itself after about a day and a half but that was definitely an annoying period of "the internet just doesn't work anymore because one company dominates an entire type of service"

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

are you guys aware of what thread your posting in

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
every time I have to think about the intersection of large scale internet routing and abusive technical monopolies I want to wander off into the wildnerness so

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

come chill with me, in byob

none of u will ever escape tech :cawg:

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I want off this ride.

My dream is to quit tech and to get a job at home hardware in the gardening section in the spring and summer.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

i can't do overnight jobs anymore. i'm tired all the time and my kids probably hate me and i'm certain my wife does too.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

I watched the latest chefs table and want to quit tech and apprentice under tootsie. being a pitmaster is the best job on the planet.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i worked as a line cook once for three years and it sucked. a lot of people can't handle kitchen work but i did alright. i'd be completely exhausted after every shift though.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

oh yeah kitchen work sucks. with low and slow bbq there's probably other challenges but at least you aren't trying to rush out 100 tables in a 4 hour dinner services. the two biggest downsides seems to be the constantly monitoring the fire/shoveling coals and and you have to wake up at 2 AM every day.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

one of the many wildfires visible from crater lake

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

man, we got some smoke from siberia earlier this year but our fire season has been pretty tame.

sorry you guys had to take up the slack

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

the mountain just east of town exploded in flames last week, but fortunately a few days after it started the temperature dropped and we got some snow. now it's contained to about 7000 acres

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The air is unbreathable for hundreds of miles around me. I've had a sore throat for 3 days

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

The air is unbreathable for hundreds of miles around me. I've had a sore throat for 3 days

wearing a mask might help. it helps a lot with particulate pollution (as i learned living in a hyper-polluted city in china)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I've been wearing my medical one but I left my smoke one back in WA foolishly.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

it's happening again.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

i got to drive the denali park road this weekend

I haven't gone through all the pictures and gopro footage yet, but

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
god I hate computer

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

just got back from a long weekend in the woods with no cell service. it was good

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I have received 37 pagerduty calls in the last 48 hours

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

come chill with me, in byob

me omw 2 escape tech

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

once again, the thread title, i'm ready to go, drive me out to the woods

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i just got back from the beach; would recommend

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
sweet content over in the byob spaceship thread btw
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918699&userid=174725

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

this is from a national park in the dolomites during the summer, near the border w/ switzerland

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Broken Machine posted:

this is from a national park in the dolomites during the summer, near the border w/ switzerland

gorgeous

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
yeah, that's incredible, sheesh

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
yeah i would love to be in the alps right now. is that a recent photo???

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

yeah i would love to be in the alps right now. is that a recent photo???

that one isn't mine i just found it, i've never been to the dolomites myself (yet), but i've been to the alps a few times. it's inspiration for places i'd like to visit sometime. the other pics i've posted are ones i've taken though

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wonder who's on the hook for the cloudflare bill today lol

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

8 days since the contract was all ready to go just waiting for lowtax' signature

any day now

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wow did i ever post that in the wrong thread lmao

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

patch tuesday is next week. by saturday i'm going to be back in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

patch tuesday is next week. by saturday i'm going to be back in this thread.

Spoke too soon. Multiple possible compromises so the regular patching plus emergency patching plus reports.