Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Acerbatus posted:

What was that one vaguely RTS-y game that was in development where you had a giant robot and needed to manage a base and killed bug monsters? I think it was top down.

The Riftbreaker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zushio
May 8, 2008

Convex posted:

Isn't Sigma 1 largely the same game with a few extra missions?

They are mostly the same, but Sigma both added and removed content. It also didn't feel nearly as tight to play to me back in the day. Plus Sigma felt a lot easier. In an ideal world we would have both versions, but if I had to pick one I think Black is better. The added Rachael stages are neat, but it doesn't make up for the off feeling I get from the rest of the game.

NG2 vs Sigma 2 and NG3 vs Razor's Edge is a harder call. Each one has mostly the same story as its pair, but gameplay systems, level design, weapons and combat are entirely different across the different versions. All 4 have significant flaws frankly, but each one is flawed in a completely different way.

As I said, in an ideal world we would get all 6 games.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Okay, finished Parasite Eve 2. It also did the Resident Evil thing, along with everything else, where you beat the game and it gives you a score and you unlock bonus modes and items from replaying. I ended up just restarting and doing a speedrun for the good end, which was cool. I was surprised how much of that stuff I hadn't seen before despite spending a lot of time on the game as a kid. Not sure if I'll 180 immediately into Koudelka or try something else first

unrelated:

https://twitter.com/fellawhomstdve/status/1303452092380610560

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Sep 9, 2020

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

:master:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Black > Sigma And 2> Sigma and Razors Edge > 3

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Infinitum posted:

This video does a really good job of explaining JoJo

Fuuu

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Ancient Sumerians knew

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hwurmp posted:

The Riftbreaker

That's the one.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

stev posted:

I was really disappointed that it turned into a cool but fairly standard shonen fighter around the time it got really popular. The first two seasons were fantastic and it felt like something really different.

When season 4 drops on Netflix I'll carry on but I'm really not on board with Stands the way I was Hamon. And what the gently caress with that Oingo Boingo poo poo? Seriously.
Definitely watch Part 4, it gets back to the weird/creative bent that Part 2 had, and since Stands are way more varied and developed than Hamon ever was it's IMO it's when JoJo hit its peak. Honestly even though Part 3 is so famous it's really by the numbers and kind of generic up until the last few bits in Egypt so your reaction is pretty normal.

Part 5 has even better and unique/creative stand battles but unfortunately the story is probably the worst in all of JoJo (I can't speak for Parts 6-8 though).

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckwlr3r0290

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What are some games where high-level play is unrecognizable to a “casual” player of that game?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

What are some games where high-level play is unrecognizable to a “casual” player of that game?

Smash Bros? I have no idea what the hell is going on in any competitive matches.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKyT19o-Nl8

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nate RFB posted:

Definitely watch Part 4, it gets back to the weird/creative bent that Part 2 had, and since Stands are way more varied and developed than Hamon ever was it's IMO it's when JoJo hit its peak. Honestly even though Part 3 is so famous it's really by the numbers and kind of generic up until the last few bits in Egypt so your reaction is pretty normal.

Part 5 has even better and unique/creative stand battles but unfortunately the story is probably the worst in all of JoJo (I can't speak for Parts 6-8 though).

Part 3 is basically peak 80s "I'm going to beat the poo poo out of you for being so evil" shonen

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Shadow of the Colossus maybe?

Mario 64, Sunshine, and Odyssey for sure.

Also, Superhot.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Part 7 Jojo has basically jumped the shark entirely with how convoluted it gets.

There's a loving stand that's literally just a self-aware bunch of sticks that shoots asbestos at people
Yes a pile of sticks.
Yes asbestos.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Don’t powers cost mana in that game?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Part 3 is basically peak 80s "I'm going to beat the poo poo out of you for being so evil" shonen

Astroprojection wtf, who says astro instead of astral??

Also, part 3 is just a roadtrip around the world in 80 days thing. A ton of part 3's design stems from Araki wanting to write about some places he visited during his own road trip as well as writing about characters fighting enemies whose powers resemble horror films that Araki saw. Almost every enemy in part 3 can be traced back to a particular horror film or horror franchise.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Infinitum posted:

Part 7 Jojo has basically jumped the shark entirely with how convoluted it gets.

There's a loving stand that's literally just a self-aware bunch of sticks that shoots asbestos at people
Yes a pile of sticks.
Yes asbestos.

That's part 8.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Don’t powers cost mana in that game?

Yeah but mana recharges after a short delay and you can also buy loads of hypos and slam them all the time. Also I think certain bonecharms give you mana on kills?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Animal Crossing

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Yes a pile of sticks.
Yes asbestos.

That's not 7. That's 8. Also its ability isn't really that, it is more like it is a pet for Rock People, it is a bug that resembles some sticks so it is basically a stick bug, and the power is that when it attacks you, your body's joints will fill with asbestos when you move around and stretch out. Any space in your joints will fill up with asbestos.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jay Rust posted:

FPPOV Starcraft

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sam Faust posted:

That's part 8.

Whoops :v:

Legit can't wait to see if Steel Ball Run gets animated though

Planning on making the Jolyne section of this an avatar shortly :nyoron:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McWEab2zwSE
(It's a fan video)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
What was the game with all the crazy animation cancelling? Gunz The Duel?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
To tie jjba discussion and high level gameplay together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6lo5aq6Z_c

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

FirstAidKite posted:

Astroprojection wtf, who says astro instead of astral??

Also, part 3 is just a roadtrip around the world in 80 days thing. A ton of part 3's design stems from Araki wanting to write about some places he visited during his own road trip as well as writing about characters fighting enemies whose powers resemble horror films that Araki saw. Almost every enemy in part 3 can be traced back to a particular horror film or horror franchise.

I think I'd have enjoyed it a lot more if they cut out half of the "stand user of the week"s (there are a lot of duds to choose from) and either made it shorter or spent that time on the road trip aspect. Most of the characters were great, but the repetitive format just made the whole thing drag. I agree it picks up a lot when they actually get to Cairo, but by that point I'd almost burned out two or three times.

The ridiculous censorship in the Netflix version (which I think is the original Japanese broadcast version) really undercuts all of the cool horror moments too, which is a real shame.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I can't believe Persona 6 will be about a women's prison and also the weather.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Barudak posted:

Steel Ball Run features the revelation that Jesus, aka Joshua bin Joseph, is a JoJo and also the clearest thought experiment of why rude people tend to get their way.

Funky Valentine posted:

JESUS: Judas, my son...I 'truly believe' that you have a 'righteous cause'. I 'truly believe you 99 percent'. But.....I need 'to be sure of that 1 percent'. So please....'take out your wallet'. I need 'to see how much silver you have'. If it is only...'29 pieces of silver'.....or even '31 pieces of silver'....then I will 'truly believe you 100 percent'. Please, 'prove that I can believe you 100 percent'.
JUDAS: *blinks twice*
JUDAS: *takes out gun*

Torquemadras posted:

JESUS: There is a 'truth'... Do you hear what I'm saying? For the 'rich man', it is difficult to enter the 'kingdom of heaven'. I'm saying it's difficult... That's all I'm saying. Rather, you'll see a 'camel through a needle's eye'. Have you realized it yet...? The 'needle' is something that a camel 'may pass through'. My intention was for you to 'question' this challenge... for the 'rich man'. You shall think about this.
DUMBSHIT DISCIPLES: Wah...?! I don't get it... I don't 'get it' at all, Jesus...!
JUDAS: Actually, it's Jesuus if you translate it properly...
JESUS: shut the gently caress up

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

I can't believe Persona 6 will be about a women's prison and also the weather.

Part 6 gonna rule
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAsM_nd1ULQ

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

one of these days i will watch jojo

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

one of these days i will watch jojo

probably not today though

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/09/get-ea-play-with-xbox-game-pass-at-no-additional-cost/

great value etc...

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoles/xbox-series-x

it's official, 499 USD

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Part 6 also has Limp Bizkit which got translated in the games as Flaccid Pancake.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

stev posted:

I think I'd have enjoyed it a lot more if they cut out half of the "stand user of the week"s (there are a lot of duds to choose from) and either made it shorter or spent that time on the road trip aspect. Most of the characters were great, but the repetitive format just made the whole thing drag. I agree it picks up a lot when they actually get to Cairo, but by that point I'd almost burned out two or three times.

The ridiculous censorship in the Netflix version (which I think is the original Japanese broadcast version) really undercuts all of the cool horror moments too, which is a real shame.

They gave dio way too little time imo
Spent so much time getting there and the final battle is only a 2 parter? Shiiiiiit

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's funny that Dio is the most famous JoJo villain even though Kira in Part 4 has about four times more screentime, a way cooler and more interesting power, and is just all around far more charismatic and entertaining.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT5JQ-ZR1ho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Jay Rust posted:

I wanna say Super Monkey Ball and maybe all of the Sonic games. The 2d ones for zipping off the edge of the screen and the 3D ones for loving around with gravity