Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

If anyone was following this game around release you may remember that one of their developer updates was them talking about adding like a few dozen new nobles.

Anyway I started a new game last night after not playing for a while and noticed that some of the nobles weren't in the game. I thought it was a bug but then I realized that actually all those nobles are still in the game files, they're just literally commented out.

Example:

code:
  <!-- New heroes added May 22. To be reordered -->
  <!--  "todo_omer_uncomment after hero add fix"
  <Hero id="lord_NE8_l" is_noble="true" spouse="Hero.lord_NE8_s" faction="Faction.clan_empire_north_8" />
  <Hero id="lord_NE8_s" is_noble="true" spouse="Hero.lord_NE8_l" faction="Faction.clan_empire_north_8" />
  <Hero id="lord_NE8_c1" is_noble="true" father="Hero.lord_NE8_l" mother="Hero.lord_NE8_s" faction="Faction.clan_empire_north_8" />
  <Hero id="lord_NE8_c2" is_noble="true" father="Hero.lord_NE8_l" mother="Hero.lord_NE8_s" faction="Faction.clan_empire_north_8" />
  -->

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
All I require of this game right now is that it lets me smack people with a lance/axe/sword/arrows.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I'm playing fishbus' mod and i have found some very cool variants on armour, but is it possible to find cool stuff like the cataphract armour helmet and chestpiece? i've never seen those in the base game and I really want them

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I got the cataphract horse armour in vanilla once; not sure how. I would love to get it again.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i finally found some of the tier 6 khergit armour after a battle but it was ruined quality so its stats are worse than just regular stuff.

idk how to find larger battles, it seems like if i join an army i get poo poo all for loot even after huge army battles, and the AI just runs away from me all the time unless they are in an army of 600 vs my 100. i think i need to start my own kingdom so i can just fight people all the time.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
If you turn on cheats (go to Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs\engine_config and change cheat_mode to 1), then every item in the game will appear in the discard pile to the left whenever you open the inventory.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

TastyAvocado posted:

If you turn on cheats (go to Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs\engine_config and change cheat_mode to 1), then every item in the game will appear in the discard pile to the left whenever you open the inventory.

thank you for this, now i can go back to actually trying to play the game instead of obsessing over trying to find cool armour. i don't even have to feel bad cause it has worse stats than the Fabled armour i found, it just looks cooler.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
based on what we know about the company, will this game be improved a lot over the next couple of years? People here and elsewhere were really hoped about this on release but the thread hasn't moved much and I checked the steam page a few times and it didn't look like they're putting out patches fast.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Unless something has seriously changed for the worse with TaleWorlds, yes, it'll be steadily improved. The previous games basically never stopped being worked on until they were fully in development of the next one in the series, and the modding communities for them became even more vigorous as time went on.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

redreader posted:

based on what we know about the company, will this game be improved a lot over the next couple of years? People here and elsewhere were really hoped about this on release but the thread hasn't moved much and I checked the steam page a few times and it didn't look like they're putting out patches fast.

The game has improved since launch, and at a minimum they have reworked the way you character levels up to make it less unintuitive. The lastest beta patch, that came out like a week and half ago, is a definite positive step and they've been releasing hotfixes since then. It's likely still gonna be fairly janky in a few years and everyone will likely use some community patch, but the base game is already fun. At a minimum the troop formations and perk system is a big improvement over warband, and the mods are probably going to be really cool.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Yeah they will fix it, but it will be ages.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

redreader posted:

To your first point: It will definitely continue to be improved.

To your latter points: Most people in the thread who got in on the ground floor have put in their first hundred hours or so and are now in the cycle of wait a few patches, play a little to see what's new, wait a few more patches, etc. The main reason for this I suspect is that the devs are actually patching fast enough that it feels worth it to wait a bit and let the systems mature and the mods develop before plunging in on another run. Here's the last 10 patch dates:

Sep 4
Sep 2
Aug 26
Aug 25
Aug 24
Aug 21
Aug 20
Aug 19
Aug 18
Aug 14

Compared to previous titles, this is extremely fast. While not all of those are earthshattering content updates, they are definitely making progress.

The combat, especially the troop management stuff during combat, was excellent on release and has already been improved multiple times. The kingdom management, economy, and quest stuff is all varying degrees of playable but problematic. The character sheets and skill trees were released with a lot of placeholders that are gradually being filled in. Various mods help with these things, but it can be annoying when your favorite modder takes a break from staying on top of patches when you want to try new features.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Yea I put 80 hours in almost immediately because, even with the jank, the underlying systems are still that good.

Will probably do another 80 when I pull the trigger on a particularly good-looking patch and/or mod

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

salt-induced orgasm in the mouth
I’ve been playing unmodded native a bunch the last few weeks. It’s very playable at the moment, I’ve found nothing gamebreaking. Game fun!

Still room for improvement though, but it’s promising.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Fox Cunning posted:

I’ve been playing unmodded native a bunch the last few weeks. It’s very playable at the moment, I’ve found nothing gamebreaking. Game fun!

Still room for improvement though, but it’s promising.

have they fixed the thing where your vassals will constantly betray you without warning or any seeming motive. having a chance to have 1/4 of your kingdom peel off any given turn without any seeming way to mitigate it was what had me give the game a rest last time

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i wish there was a way to target smithing parts for discovery. i have 10000 dagger parts, a weapon that is seemingly completely useless, but only 1 head piece for two handed axes.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i wish there was a way to target smithing parts for discovery. i have 10000 dagger parts, a weapon that is seemingly completely useless, but only 1 head piece for two handed axes.

It took me forever to get the 2nd mallet head. Best advice is to produce a metric gently caress ton of either javelin or 2 handed swords. I pretty much got a pattern each time. Took a few hours truth be told.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Having the part discovery portion of smithing set at random is a really stupid design decision. At least make the parts craft-able and increase the amount of resources you have to use to make them starting out, and/or make the final product less effective stat-wise, but to just have it be random chance before you can even try to make a weapon that you like aesthetically is so fuckin dumb.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Midgetskydiver posted:

Having the part discovery portion of smithing set at random is a really stupid design decision. At least make the parts craft-able and increase the amount of resources you have to use to make them starting out, and/or make the final product less effective stat-wise, but to just have it be random chance before you can even try to make a weapon that you like aesthetically is so fuckin dumb.

"I really want to make a big hammer, but how???? I guess I'll just make an absurdly intricate dagger instead :( "

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the Bannerlord Tweaks mod has a setting that lets you learn all the parts of weapons you smelt. I haven't played with it enough to see if that includes any of the good stuff like 2-handed warrazor heads or the tier 5 sword stuff but it's there

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

KakerMix posted:

"I really want to make a big hammer, but how???? I guess I'll just make an absurdly intricate dagger instead :( "

*accidentally drops a chunk of lumber into the forge*
*INSPIRATION*

What if we hit people with really, really big sticks?

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

terrorist ambulance posted:

have they fixed the thing where your vassals will constantly betray you without warning or any seeming motive. having a chance to have 1/4 of your kingdom peel off any given turn without any seeming way to mitigate it was what had me give the game a rest last time

I haven’t gotten that far, no idea. Riding around and lancing dudes with a fief or three is the level I’m at.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Did they ever make it so tournaments issued everyone the same armor? Was always kinda BS that the average lord got to wear his super strong armor to tournaments.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Did they ever make it so tournaments issued everyone the same armor? Was always kinda BS that the average lord got to wear his super strong armor to tournaments.

No lol.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
"Git gud, peasant" Rhea screams, as the tournament sword bounces off her breastplate.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
There's an historical accuracy argument to keep it this way, but it does make early tournaments a lot more reliant on player skill. I'd actually prefer that they keep it as is but just fix the unavailability of good armor for the player. Still hoping we get armor smithing some day, but more RPish options like doing quests or spending influence to get armor from factions would work as well if they don't want to just include the good poo poo in the marketplace.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

aparmenideanmonad posted:

There's an historical accuracy argument to keep it this way, but it does make early tournaments a lot more reliant on player skill. I'd actually prefer that they keep it as is but just fix the unavailability of good armor for the player. Still hoping we get armor smithing some day, but more RPish options like doing quests or spending influence to get armor from factions would work as well if they don't want to just include the good poo poo in the marketplace.

i feel like you should at least be able to get the armour top-tier units wear fairly easy, even if its gated behind being a vassal or reputation with a faction, then have special nobles-only custom armour made through a quest or a crafting mechanic

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Has the performance gotten better since launch? I got this when it was released but it stuttered even on the lowest settings, most notably during the "everyone get stuck on the ramparts" portions of sieges

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

And yet I saw on a recent patch note that they're now using wooden weapons in tournaments. I assume this means weapons have almost no penetration values making the armor disparity even greater...

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

albany academy posted:

Has the performance gotten better since launch? I got this when it was released but it stuttered even on the lowest settings, most notably during the "everyone get stuck on the ramparts" portions of sieges

yes

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Anyone have recommendations for smithing mods that are compatible with Fishbus'

I can't find one that isn't outdated, and smithing stamina only recovering when you actually pass time is nonsense. it should at least come back slowly while you're travelling

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

Anyone have recommendations for smithing mods that are compatible with Fishbus'

I can't find one that isn't outdated, and smithing stamina only recovering when you actually pass time is nonsense. it should at least come back slowly while you're travelling

I haven't smithed myself so I haven't seen how it works and whats wonky about it. What would you want to fix about it? Cause I can just slap something in

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Fishbus posted:

I haven't smithed myself so I haven't seen how it works and whats wonky about it. What would you want to fix about it? Cause I can just slap something in

The only issue I found with your mod with regards to smithing the last time I played it (1.4.9, I think?), is that in its current (previous?) form the smithing skill could basically be leveled almost infinitely. I had a companion who I made my "main" smith who had started with really high END, which I subsequently went and maxed out to 10, only to find that her smithing skill just kept increasing well beyond what should have been capable even if you started really grinding it up. I think she had 500+ smithing skill and was still getting 3-5 points every time she made a set of javelins or whatever.

In the end, the javelins she made actually started ended up being worth less than characters with lower skill, implying that they might have been worth so much that the price had maxed out and started looping around into funny digits. However, this was done before the experience overhaul, so I'm not sure how it ends up working now.

Edit: I might give it another shot when you update to the latest 1.5.2, but right now I'm kinda burnt out on the game and started playing the Prophesy of Pendor mod for Warband which a lot of people have been talking about, which is really good and I hope gets a port into the new game.

GENUINE CAT HERDER fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Sep 10, 2020

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

I recruited a doctor and made them my party's surgeon, but then the doctor immediately died of old age and now i can't assign anyone else to the surgeon role or gain medicine xp on my main guy so i think my game is just hosed

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Fishbus posted:

There's a "stamina" stat in the smithing screen that limits how much you can smith which isn't by itself a bad idea. Smithing actions consume it and when you're out you have to rest before you can smith more.

However, it gets depleted by ALL actions - including stuff you have to do a lot like turning hardwood into charcoal. It only refills when you pass time at a city, rather than over time as you travel.

Its vanilla form is way too restrictive. You end up making like one or two swords and then resting a day to recover enough stamina to do more. Either just disabling it entirely, or increasing the stamina cap, or making it so it recovers over time while traveling rather than just when resting. Don't know whats possible but loosening the restrictions would be nice

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

albany academy posted:

Absolutely, I have a barely mid-tier computer and when it was released I had frame issues when there were 200 soldiers on the map, now I can run with 400 cap and the stuttering is usually only in the beginning of the fight.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

juggalo baby coffin posted:

I recruited a doctor and made them my party's surgeon, but then the doctor immediately died of old age and now i can't assign anyone else to the surgeon role or gain medicine xp on my main guy so i think my game is just hosed

I read that apparently when this bug happens you can fix it by going into dialog with a companion and picking the "let's talk about your role" option and making them the surgeon from there

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

There's a "stamina" stat in the smithing screen that limits how much you can smith which isn't by itself a bad idea. Smithing actions consume it and when you're out you have to rest before you can smith more.

However, it gets depleted by ALL actions - including stuff you have to do a lot like turning hardwood into charcoal. It only refills when you pass time at a city, rather than over time as you travel.

Its vanilla form is way too restrictive. You end up making like one or two swords and then resting a day to recover enough stamina to do more. Either just disabling it entirely, or increasing the stamina cap, or making it so it recovers over time while traveling rather than just when resting. Don't know whats possible but loosening the restrictions would be nice

The inverse of this is that if you could level up smithing without a cooldown, you could likely max it out pretty easily from smelting all the stuff you make, giving you a boatload of skill points in a short (in-game) amount of time.

I think they know smithing is broken as hell, and the cooldown is a stopgap so the current system sort of functions.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Glass of Milk posted:

The inverse of this is that if you could level up smithing without a cooldown, you could likely max it out pretty easily from smelting all the stuff you make, giving you a boatload of skill points in a short (in-game) amount of time.

I think they know smithing is broken as hell, and the cooldown is a stopgap so the current system sort of functions.

yeah and like I said, that's fine, I just don't want to rest a full day every time I need to make some charcoal. the amount of refining you have to do if you need higher level materials, unless you can get them from smelting weapons, is ridiculous.

there's no time limit on the game so it doesn't impose any meaningful restrictions, just makes it annoying and tedious. the cap should be higher, or you should be able to regen it without waiting, or refining/smelting shouldn't take stamina (or very small amounts of it). it needs tweaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I thought the mod that allows stamina to refill while travelling was balanced fairly well. You can't just max it out in a day but you aren't struggling for long to make charcoal and stuff either. Plus you can switch characters to smith and breakdown things as well.