Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hogama posted:

https://twitter.com/gamenohanashi/status/1301028017389449218
Apparently gonna be some Undertale announcement with the upcoming Famitsu issue?

Huh. Weird. Usually they try to keep Asriel out of promotional imagery for the game...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

nine-gear crow posted:

Huh. Weird. Usually they try to keep Asriel out of promotional imagery for the game...

It''s been 5 years.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MariusLecter posted:

It''s been 5 years.

Yeah, but "No Asriel, ever." Has been the one consistent trend in official Undertale press/media. It just kind of caught me off guard seeing him there.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Can't believe Napstablook is gonna be confirmed for smash

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

what the gently caress is this canwc poo poo???

why am i obsessively reading this

does homestuck ever loving die

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

A big flaming stink posted:

what the gently caress is this canwc poo poo???

why am i obsessively reading this

does homestuck ever loving die

after the ending it released an “epilogue” in the form of two novels, and from there it’s apparently become this sprawling semi-official fanwork that mostly lacks hussie’s input and is instead made between a bunch of collaborators, with all the drama, messiness, and missed deadlines that entails

I haven’t touched it since the comic itself ended, probably a wise decision

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Oxxidation posted:

after the ending it released an “epilogue” in the form of two novels, and from there it’s apparently become this sprawling semi-official fanwork that mostly lacks hussie’s input and is instead made between a bunch of collaborators, with all the drama, messiness, and missed deadlines that entails

I haven’t touched it since the comic itself ended, probably a wise decision

Technically it has Hussie's Input, in that he's basically telling them yes or no and written both dialogue and I believe a narrative outline. But no, Homestuck will never die.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

The Genocide run is still the most fascinatingly written piece of media I've ever experienced; there's always been neat meta-commentary games and whatnot if you know where to look, but very few that involve you, the player, and your ever-so-human decisions and what they say about you, and more importantly, how you feel about them.

I'm a month and a half late to this one, but god, yes. It's really written perfectly.

Flowey calling out people who just watch it instead of doing it themselves is also :discourse:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The Famitsu issue's out and there's a translation of the Deltarune info in it.

quote:

The general outline of all chapters is complete.

The first draft of all the cut-scene dialogue is complete.

They started development on Chapter 2 several months ago and development is going well.

Despite hurting his wrist 7 months ago, Toby and the team have been able to develop things at a faster pace than they did with Chapter 1 – all thanks to the support of his team.

They’re very confident in how the game’s progressing, but it’s still going to be a while before it’s all complete, though.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
dammit ralsei put the hat back on

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Also we've got this silliness.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ralsei looks a lot better with the hat on honestly. Also kind of curious what that shot of the trio dressed like doctors is a about.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
And miss out on Ralsei with those cute-rear end glasses? Y'all can get bent

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Well I guess that settles the debate about whether Ralsei wore wizard boots or was barefoot like the other goatfolk in DR/UT...

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I can't read Japanese but I'm excited that the text about Chapter 2 says Mother 2 near the end of it

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Sep 9, 2020

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

seems funny that development only started "several months ago", I hope that doesn't mean they've been having to start over a bunch

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

nine-gear crow posted:

Well I guess that settles the debate about whether Ralsei wore wizard boots or was barefoot like the other goatfolk in DR/UT...

He has doctor boots in that one :3:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Is Toby Fox japanese now

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The rest of the game is supposed to come out all at once right?

Though if each chapter was roughly as long as the first one if not longer I actually wouldn’t mind an episodic release that much honestly.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

multijoe posted:

Is Toby Fox japanese now

He does live in Japan and is best friends with Sakurai

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

for a heart-stopping moment i mistook the shadows of his toes for sandals and thought "oh god he loving would, wouldn't he"

overmind2000 posted:

I can't read Japanese but I'm excited that the text about Chapter 2 says Mother 2 near the end of it

chapter 3 is just you playing the whole of earthbound with ralsei and susie giving color commentary

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Macaluso posted:

He does live in Japan and is best friends with Sakurai

Oh wow, absolutely living the weeb dream

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Oxxidation posted:

chapter 3 is just you playing the whole of earthbound with ralsei and susie giving color commentary

The future of vtubing is Toby Fox streaming games on a ten second delay, typing furiously with his feet

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

grieving for Gandalf posted:

seems funny that development only started "several months ago", I hope that doesn't mean they've been having to start over a bunch

i know this year has felt like years but it does take some time to get an actual development team together and set up & it looks like they did a bunch of preliminary work on the overall game first

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I'm so glad trans girl Mad Mew Mew is having fun with her life. :unsmith:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Larryb posted:

Ralsei looks a lot better with the hat on honestly. Also kind of curious what that shot of the trio dressed like doctors is a about.
Probably a section about the dad in the hospital.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
For most of the game I thought Ralsei had a spider face and fangs

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
That was almost definitely on purpose as a fake out.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ralsei should wear the hat, not saying this in a "shadow Ralsei is better" kind of way, but in a "his hat is really cute and he should wear it all the time" kind of way.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Considering it's Toby Fox, I'm sure there'll be a way to toggle wearing and not wearing the hat.

And that eventually, his icon next to his health will update between the two.

I feel like the nurse outfits are a sign that they'll be putting on costumes for certain actions rather than just a point or bow all the time.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’d also like to see them implement some kind of level up system in this game for people who want to go that route (or at the very least, have some way of increasing your max HP)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 9, 2020

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Imagine the whole game where numbers doesn’t matter.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

True, and there are armor upgrades in the first chapter when it comes to minimizing damage.

Also since everybody seems to be fine I’m going to assume the whole NotChara scene at the end of the first chapter was Kris just very dramatically about to cut into some pie. Though that still leaves the part where he literally rips his Soul out and tosses it into a birdcage in question.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Larryb posted:

True, and there are armor upgrades in the first chapter when it comes to minimizing damage.

Also since everybody seems to be fine I’m going to assume the whole NotChara scene at the end of the first chapter was Kris just very dramatically about to cut into some pie. Though that still leaves the part where he literally rips his Soul out and tosses it into a birdcage in question.

Room for more pie.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Oxxidation posted:

dammit ralsei put the hat back on

It's weird because his face icon is the be-hatted version of him.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Larryb posted:

The player can still move the soul a little bit during the ending so it was probably a means of denying the player pie

Honestly though I don't think that scene was meant to be " It's NotChara Time here comes the stabbings!" so much as it was Kris returning to how they are when the player is gone. If they're meant to be this universe's Frisk then anything can happen because we don't know what Frisk was like outside of the player's control

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 9, 2020

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Larryb posted:

It's because you're too kind-hearted to eat ALL THE PIE. Chara is not so merciful.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

overmind2000 posted:

The player can still move the soul a little bit during the ending so it was probably a means of denying the player pie

Honestly though I don't think that scene was meant to be " It's NotChara Time here comes the stabbings!" so much as it was Kris returning to how they are when the player is gone. If they're meant to be this universe's Frisk then anything can happen because we don't know what Frisk was like outside of the player's control

Given the way they dress and the fact that the Dreemurrs are their adoptive family, I always assumed Kris was meant as a stand-in for the Chara/First Fallen Human we never really met in the last game.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Larryb posted:

Given the way they dress and the fact that the Dreemurrs are their adoptive family, I always assumed Kris was meant as a stand-in for the Chara/First Fallen Human we never really met in the last game.

In terms of the role, definitely, although they almost certainly aren't meant to be the physical incarnation of Chara in this universe considering that their skin color is different from Chara's

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Perpetual Motion posted:

Toby Fox has finally achieved the highest musical honor:

https://twitter.com/BiancoAsterisco/status/1209988197851303942

Getting bootlegged.

Response to an old post and a bit offtopic, but this reminded me about a scene in Capernaum where a Mickey Mouse toy plays the leekspin song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qz2txPn2WQ

I'm pretty sure they just grabbed some bootleg toy when making the movie, and I gotta wonder about all the different moving parts that came together to make that meme song appear in a Lebanese movie.