Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

I have a wicked facial scar that I got from skipping breakfast

I got my sick facial scar from not skipping breakfast. 5 year old me was so dang excited for the most important meal of the day I sprinted chin first into the kitchen table.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Beartaco posted:

I got my sick facial scar from not skipping breakfast. 5 year old me was so dang excited for the most important meal of the day I sprinted chin first into the kitchen table.

So if you had skipped, would the table have hit you in the chest instead?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

I have a wicked facial scar that I got from skipping breakfast

How'd you get that scar, tough guy? Eating pineapple?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Only thing left out is the protagonist magically suddenly remembering exactly who the bad guy was and going on a detailed list of all their rude antics and how the restaurant totally owned them by messing with their food.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

What loving restaurant has a text line straight to the owner to harass them?

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

If there's one thing I've learnt from working with the public in various ways, it's that you should definitely definitely give your personal contact information to them as soon as possible.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://www.facebook.com/91377147531/posts/10157800582362532/

It's gaining massive amounts of traction.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Today I remembered That Girl. We all know That Girl because she's had a really exciting life! She's a model, and she totally has like four boyfriends, and she had cancer but she's better now, etc. etc.

So, today I was thinking about the last That Girl I knew and how she once told me her family owned the Sturgis motorcycle rally. I texted my friend to ask him if he remembered and he responded immediately with:

"Oh, yeah, she told us that, and then she told us that Dr. Dre came to Sturgis and wanted to perform so he auditioned for her, but she didn't like it, so she told him to gently caress off."

This woman was every day of 38 years old when she told us this.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Today I remembered That Girl. We all know That Girl because she's had a really exciting life! She's a model, and she totally has like four boyfriends, and she had cancer but she's better now, etc. etc.

So, today I was thinking about the last That Girl I knew and how she once told me her family owned the Sturgis motorcycle rally. I texted my friend to ask him if he remembered and he responded immediately with:

"Oh, yeah, she told us that, and then she told us that Dr. Dre came to Sturgis and wanted to perform so he auditioned for her, but she didn't like it, so she told him to gently caress off."

This woman was every day of 38 years old when she told us this.

Did she have any comments on the lethal smash mouth concert?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Did she have any comments on the lethal smash mouth concert?

She has become markedly more normal since having a baby. Last time I saw her was at a friend's wedding and the only STDH was that apparently the wait staff refused to understand her on purpose and outright ignored her when she said she wanted milk for her toddler.

But I have a lot of stories about this girl from like ten years ago. A LOT. Like how she had thirteen million dollars (she was very wealthy, but not that wealthy), and she had adopted a baby from a friend who was white trash and worked at Sonic and did meth so she literally just TOOK THE BABY (the kid exists, but we think she's just the godmother or a friend of the family, because he definitely doesn't live with her) and her name means something in French (it doesn't). Also she speaks Tagalog (she doesn't) and her dad was the chief of police (no). One time, we sat down to dinner when all of a sudden she takes her phone out of her pocket and (not pressing buttons or anything) just screams NO I WILL NOT GIVE YOU MONEY into it and then threw it into her purse. Again, no button or anything. Then she refused to talk about it all night.

Most of the weird stuff she says is easily disproved by Google and she is an extremely wealthy and successful person, so we're really not sure where this behavior comes from.

e: I actually don't know how to get a hold of her anymore, in answer to your actual question.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Most of the weird stuff she says is easily disproved by Google and she is an extremely wealthy and successful person, so we're really not sure where this behavior comes from.

It is an easy way to get attention and as long as she's loaded she won't face serious consequences for it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

She has become markedly more normal since having a baby. Last time I saw her was at a friend's wedding and the only STDH was that apparently the wait staff refused to understand her on purpose and outright ignored her when she said she wanted milk for her toddler.

But I have a lot of stories about this girl from like ten years ago. A LOT. Like how she had thirteen million dollars (she was very wealthy, but not that wealthy), and she had adopted a baby from a friend who was white trash and worked at Sonic and did meth so she literally just TOOK THE BABY (the kid exists, but we think she's just the godmother or a friend of the family, because he definitely doesn't live with her) and her name means something in French (it doesn't). Also she speaks Tagalog (she doesn't) and her dad was the chief of police (no). One time, we sat down to dinner when all of a sudden she takes her phone out of her pocket and (not pressing buttons or anything) just screams NO I WILL NOT GIVE YOU MONEY into it and then threw it into her purse. Again, no button or anything. Then she refused to talk about it all night.

e: I actually don't know how to get a hold of her anymore, in answer to your actual question.

This sounds a lot like one of my old friends. Over the course of one party I overheard her tell random people about :

1. Sky diving over Stonehenge
2. Buying a Ferrari
3. Selling her current business for $5m
4. She is pregnant, engaged, and moving to Europe with a middle eastern prince
5. Can get us all back stage for the Nine Inch Nails show for free
6. She'll pay me back for the pizza

Absolutely none of which was even remotely true. She was just a pathological liar and always had to "one up" any story she heard.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Had a student like that.

Family is rich and has a jet (his dad was a navy dentist who had recently retired, so, no)
Had his pilots licenseat 14 (asked his mom about it and she says "Maybe in a computer game?")
Took his dad flying one day and as a prank whispered into his mike "Ignore what I'm about to say ", and then throwing the plane around yelling "Mayday! Mayday!" into his mike (see above)
Had a metal plate in his arm replacement bone skeleton. (Uhh...)
Despite that, came in with a cast on his arm (his mom said he complained to the doctor until he got one, not that he had anything really wrong)
Was fireproof (got tapped by a flame in lab one day, jerked his hand back with an "Ow!" and a girl asked innocently "I thought you were fireproof? " I had to turn around to hide my attempt not to laugh)
Was adopted (true!) from Australia (actually Nevada), and so had a terribly fake accent. For a week.
Over Thanksgiving break said he had to go up to New York to help Grumman with the problems they were having with the engines on the F-16 (so, so many things wrong there)
Had this idea for a forearm mounted flamethrower the size of a Red Bull can, and there were generals interested in his idea.
After graduation was "just chillin' at my apartment and dj-ing on the weekends. I get like 1200 a gig" While his Facebook had pics of him at his parent's house.

Surprisingly, he rarely got called out on those. Most people just went "Huh. Ok." and moved on. One guy did go "That kid's so full of poo poo! " and we couldn't bring ourselves to give him a cursing in class penalty.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

MrUnderbridge posted:

Had a student like that.

Family is rich and has a jet (his dad was a navy dentist who had recently retired, so, no)
Had his pilots licenseat 14 (asked his mom about it and she says "Maybe in a computer game?")
Took his dad flying one day and as a prank whispered into his mike "Ignore what I'm about to say ", and then throwing the plane around yelling "Mayday! Mayday!" into his mike (see above)
Despite that, came in with a cast on his arm (his mom said he complained to the doctor until he got one, not that he had anything really wrong)
Was fireproof (got tapped by a flame in lab one day, jerked his hand back with an "Ow!" and a girl asked innocently "I thought you were fireproof? " I had to turn around to hide my attempt not to laugh)
Was adopted (true!) from Australia (actually Nevada), and so had a terribly fake accent. For a week.
Over Thanksgiving break said he had to go up to New York to help Grumman with the problems they were having with the engines on the F-16 (so, so many things wrong there)
Had this idea for a forearm mounted flamethrower the size of a Red Bull can, and there were generals interested in his idea.
After graduation was "just chillin' at my apartment and dj-ing on the weekends. I get like 1200 a gig" While his Facebook had pics of him at his parent's house.

Surprisingly, he rarely got called out on those. Most people just went "Huh. Ok." and moved on. One guy did go "That kid's so full of poo poo! " and we couldn't bring ourselves to give him a cursing in class penalty.

We had a girl like this in my high school and at one friend's graduation party we all sat around telling "Sara [Redacted] Stories" until one of the teachers walked over. When we explained what we were doing, he joined in.

(Yes, people at my school invited teachers to their graduation parties. No, I don't know what the gently caress.)

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Worked a lovely dead end job at one point with a coworker who was full of poo poo like that.

I recall two of her biggest stories. One was that she used to be a truck driver. She did not even have a regular driver's license, but no she totally used to have a job where she'd ride in the cab for long hauls, and the pay was super great. I think I said to someone else at the time that it sounded more like she was dating a truck driver and traveled with him, or possibly was a sex worker with a truck driving client.

The other story that stands out is the ultimate end result of her continually escalating stories and I guess she got really into NCIS, because she started telling everyone she was ex-NCIS, just like the show. This was a great and entirely believable story because, firstly, we're Canadian and NCIS is an American agency, and secondly, it was totally reasonable for her to have done that as a young woman and then settled down in her thirties to a lovely job at a car wash making maybe $10/hr.

She got pregnant while she was working and would barge into conversations to let you know that no matter how tired or busy you are, it didn't remotely compare to what she, as a pregnant woman, was going through and/or when the baby was born she was going to be so much busier than what you were complaining about.

It was not her first kid. It was like her fourth. She had custody of none of them.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

MrUnderbridge posted:

Had a student like that.

That reminds me of a classmate I had at university. Guy was no older than 21 but he really really really wanted to tell you he was an Afghanistan vet and also a Navy Seal, and also did training with the Green Berets, etc. Also he was a CIA operative at 18 like some Secret Agent Cody Banks poo poo. Nobody called him on it they just nodded and hoped he'd shut up or try and change the subject, and then the moment he walked out of the room everyone went 'god gently caress he's annoying'.

The real fun came when an actual vet a year below my class started prodding him with specific questions (basic ones, mind you) like "what was your MOS" that he just could not answer. Also when he visited the uni's shooting sports club and everyone there called him on his poo poo because he was actively dangerous in how mind bogglingly stupid he was, pretending to play tactical.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Didn't we have a "My uncle works at Nintendo" thread? Whatever happened to that? I enjoyed it immensely.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The last That Girl I encountered was in the early 2010s, when we were both in our early-mid 20s. She had a fake Norwegian last name and every member of every northern European band was in love with her. Every time I went to a show and ran into the band outside or something, I'd ask them if they knew her, and they invariably said no. When I told them that she told me they were in love with her, they'd just laugh.

I don't remember all the details because she randomly disappeared out of my life shortly afterward and none of my friends ever had contact with her again. If I didn't have pictures of her, I would have assumed that she was some weird fever dream.

edit:

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

To be honest, it sounds like she's bored.

YeahTubaMike has a new favorite as of 17:36 on Sep 9, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Why do all the wannabe military types try to be SEALs and poo poo? It's not at all hard to believe that some schmuck was a combat arms grunt and that's still impressive to anyone that hasn't been that but would be impressed at special forces.

Like I know multiple guys who were in combat, got out by like 22, and immediately became fat boring nerds who like beer and video games.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 17:37 on Sep 9, 2020

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Because they've bought into media propaganda that being a high speed, low drag operator is basically the coolest thing ever. It's a dumb fantasy about killing people basically. It's essentially the same poo poo you see with right-wing wackos currently happening where the militarized police force and government agents are invariably the good guys.

They basically lack any interesting personality traits and hide it behind some misguided pop culture machismo bullshit.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.
I'm so glad other people have STDH friends.

I had one when I worked in Disney who told us he starred in an Off-Broadway show (I guess he didn't realize IBDB was a thing? The show he said he starred in straight up didn't exist, one with a similar name played ~5 years before he said he starred in it). He was best friends with famous Broadway actors and would "talk" with them regularly while we were hanging out. He was rich and lived in Paris in high school (he was a middle class kid fro bumfuck PA). He also told us he went to NYU Tisch and that was the school he was doing the DCP through (we saw his nametag and it said some Community College in his bumfuck town).

Originally we just kind of shrugged off his lies, some we even half believed, until another friend and I had a day off together and we started discussing how unbelievable some of his stories were and coordinated the lies we uncovered. He still continued to lie even when we started questioning his tales. Is it the attention that these people crave? Even negative? It's just bizarre.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

It's compulsive lying and is a marker for a myriad of personality disorders, minor and severe. They don't really do it because they think they can get away with it, they just do it. You're asking why people with mental illness develop a complex based around the consistent need to be valued and receive validation. It's one of the most commonly misunderstood and stigmatized compulsions and classifying it as "attention seeking" is essentially no different than claiming other disordered behaviors are inherently attention seeking.

Is it aggravating to deal with? Yes, it is, but it's not really all that hard to understand why it happens, insomuch that the traits of many other personality disorders are intrinsically linked to a lack of impulse control and a tendency towards socially inappropriate habits.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I just go along with it because the more you go "Wow, that's amazing' the more elaborate it gets.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I used to do that type of poo poo when I was younger. Not as extravagantly as the ones y'all are discussing, but for me it was just to see what stupid poo poo I could get people to believe.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

omnibobb posted:

I used to do that type of poo poo when I was younger. Not as extravagantly as the ones y'all are discussing, but for me it was just to see what stupid poo poo I could get people to believe.

Same. Then I grew out of it a little after I left high school. I have no real idea why I started it, or what I hoped to achieve other than ‘will they believe THIS?’ It makes me cringe when I read these stories because even though they’re way worse than I was, I hate that I did it or a couple-few years.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

One of the major tells for The Lying Kid was that almost every whopper was followed by a snicker and a "Ts." sound. As if he couldn't believe we bought it, when really nobody did. But at the same time he would get super defensive and aggressive if called out. He definitely had some major issues.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Today in poo poo that definitely happened:
https://twitter.com/BostonPatrolmen/status/1303802523225149442?s=20

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

subpar anachronism posted:

Didn't we have a "My uncle works at Nintendo" thread? Whatever happened to that? I enjoyed it immensely.

My uncle who works at Internet hacked the forums and removed it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

3D Megadoodoo posted:

My uncle who works at Internet hacked the forums and removed it.

Jeff K, your uncle Rich needs to sell his Internet.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/alexandrawlee/status/1307107479512330240?s=21

Just in case

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Gone that fast. Presumably due to the call outs

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

when it was first posted i couldn't get a read on the poster to see if they were doing a bit or not. i'm glad to have an answer so i can mock them with confidence.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This is so stupid it made me lol out loud in irl life. Good job.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/orinanne/status/1310602123571331072?s=21

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
What did The Rock do?

Edit: ahh, endorsed Biden.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Skwirl posted:

What did The Rock do?

Endorsed Biden/Harris.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Skwirl posted:

What did The Rock do?

Edit: ahh, endorsed Biden.

Well you see Unfortunately, everyone I know is about to turn our backs to the Rock. We used to be huge fans. My children have already started burning his movie's. Such a sad day to hear rock say this. My teen's took this really hard. Figured he was smarter than this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Having your kids burn plastics is a good way to ensure the survival of the Republican party into the next generation.