Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Just don't ask for sweetmeats.

Wouldn't that be a haggis pie?

43 = answer to the universe + 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

fridge corn posted:

I dont think you need Google to figure out what avocado toast is

It took me a while to figure out that sundried tomatoes were actually sun-dried tomatoes, and not someone using "sundry" as a noun.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Smashed avocado on sourdough toast is actually amazing, Hipsters Was Right

That's recently become my lunch choice with the following added;
  • Crushed walnut (or hazelnut)
  • Dried chilli flakes
  • Corriander flakes
  • Crushed black pepper
  • Rock salt
  • A few drops of lime juice
Easy and quick to make. Tastes lovely.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

talking about how you wouldn't take a covid vaccine because government/big pharma bad was antivaxx bullshit then and it's antivaxx bullshit now

No, it really isn't.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/lincnotfound/status/1303519122907688961

Who was worrying about taking their mask off to eat earlier?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Wouldn't that be a haggis pie?

43 = answer to the universe + 1

It's the bits the Scots won't put in a haggis and the English won't put in a pie, but the French will base an entire meal around.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

TheRat posted:

No, it really isn't.

good strong argument, you really convinced me

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Julio Cruz posted:

good strong argument, you really convinced me

I don't think screeching at people that are showing a healthy skepticism of a government and an industry that considers human life to be a very distant second to NUMBER GO UP that they're identical to the people who think Bill Gates is trying to mind-control them with nanoparticles activated by 5G is the winning argument you think it is, mate.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://twitter.com/lincnotfound/status/1303519122907688961

Who was worrying about taking their mask off to eat earlier?

No way thats 6 inches.
Unless you are fellating the sub for later constantly.

Nutapii
Jun 24, 2020

I enjoyed the critique of "woke lefties won't be listening" from lots of first name initial numbers; to a guestlist of some guy who was the advisor to Theresa May, Boris Johnson's sister, Ruth Davidson, and a former government minister. But hey, David Lammy was there. Is it that they're not all old men, or is it if you're not UKIP you're a wokescold.*

*like reverse LF, where if you weren't for TWM you were a running dog capitalist.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
'An Inconvenient Ruth' fuuuuuuuck oooooooooffffffff

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
https://twitter.com/JimBethell/status/1303742350003445761

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Lol yes it was the youfs and their raves.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
With their lewd and lascivious cavorting and ecstasies and clarkycats I oughtn't to wonder :nono:

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I'm still amazed at the people who refuse to believe COVID is a thing.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
There are people that believe that space isn't a thing.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
i wonder how big the overlap between "goes to illegal raves" and "would listen to the advicee of a member of the House of Lords" is

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Angepain posted:

i wonder how big the overlap between "goes to illegal raves" and "would listen to the advicee of a member of the House of Lords" is

That tweet really missed a trick by leaving out the "My lords, I ... " at the beginning.

e: "My lords, I'm also 'hip' as the kids say now, and I believe they perhaps ought to exercise more caution."

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 9, 2020

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Most of the raves in summer have happened outdoors anyway, its safer to go to a rave and ingest a large quantity of MDMA than it is getting a train to a major city then sitting in a fart box for hours as people complain about the air conditioning

mmmm

been a while since I've been to a good party myself. I used to eat a lot of drugs so now anything too speedy just makes me be sick whilst wired out of my head for hours. Do miss this kind of dumb poo poo though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y77fw1Vskx8

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

True. But you'd think with all the evidence. Then I suppose you can't logic someone out of a position they didn't logic themselves into. See Q and all that.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Guavanaut posted:

Yes but living in British housing will do that to you

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I am unintentionally drunk on a school night and God I woud love to be in a field off my face jumping around to the Prodigy live.

So many reasons why that can't ever happen. :(

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I wondered why my mum was muttering about kids and raves these days. BBC news poisoning.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I've always hated raves. And I say that as someone whose got a portoloo arriving tomorrow.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Lord Sugar being a complete twunt. Again.

https://twitter.com/tristandross/status/1303756865902456834?s=19

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

e: nevermind

Cerv fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 9, 2020

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bobstar posted:

Yes but living in British housing will do that to you
:pusheen:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I don't think screeching at people that are showing a healthy skepticism of a government and an industry that considers human life to be a very distant second to NUMBER GO UP that they're identical to the people who think Bill Gates is trying to mind-control them with nanoparticles activated by 5G is the winning argument you think it is, mate.

All the people who talk about "healthy skepticism" of every other vaccine on the planet absolutely are part of that group, though, so what exactly's so different about any potential covid vaccine that makes the "healthy skeptics" normal rational people?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Operation Warp Speed is using new techniques in a compressed development cycle at least in part to try to beat China to getting a vaccine that's not a complete trashpile (like the Russian one lol) for geopolitical reasons in an unprecedented global situation for vaccine making.

It's good that they're doing proper trials, but I think it's fair to be a bit more concerned about these vaccines than say the cholera vaccine, which has been mostly the same since the 50s with some innovations with extensive research.

I'd be more comfortable with things like the inactivated virus vaccine that Sinopharm are working on than the Moderna vaccine.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

All the people who talk about "healthy skepticism" of every other vaccine on the planet absolutely are part of that group, though, so what exactly's so different about any potential covid vaccine that makes the "healthy skeptics" normal rational people?

What is your angle here? Why do you care so much? Is it just awkward that you thought you found some people to look down on but others didn't join in so now you're grasping at straws, weeks later btw, to claim some kind of victory to satisfy your desire to be right? Cos that's how it seems. But we don't like each other so whatever.

I'll take the vaccine if people tell me I should do that because I dunno? I guess I'd also clad my house in fire too.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Turns out that threatening to tear up international law can have international consequences.
https://twitter.com/DarrenEuronews/status/1303784063933788160

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Turns out that threatening to tear up international law can have international consequences.
https://twitter.com/DarrenEuronews/status/1303784063933788160

Maybe this is the 5 dimensional chess thinking way out of chlorinated chicken? Bravo Boris.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
:hmmyes: They don't have chlorinated chicken in North Korea, checks out.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I've read through that operation Moon-shot plan and we are totally hosed this winter aren't we?

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Necrothatcher posted:

I've read through that operation Moon-shot plan and we are totally hosed this winter aren't we?

I watched that press conference live. Lots of really enthusiastic declarations about how this 20 min covid test was going to enable us all to go into work/school/cinemas/theatres/pubs safe in the knowlege that we were all free of infection. We'd do it in the morning or the night before and a negtive covid result would mean we would be free to do everything, unrestricted.

Then a brief statement that such a test does't exist, the government doesn't guarantee it will ever exist, and of course no details about how we all get a daily test kit.

We're hosed. I've been drinking since 7pm so right now I don't care. Functional alcoholism might be the only way I get through a pandemic and Brexit.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Jedit posted:

It took me a while to figure out that sundried tomatoes were actually sun-dried tomatoes, and not someone using "sundry" as a noun.

Adjective:sun:

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Maybe this is the 5 dimensional chess thinking way out of chlorinated chicken? Bravo Boris.

I'd assume that Ireland, having had something resembling governance over the last few years, has been making political inroads to the USA and maybe even China in the same way it did the rest of the EU to make sure that there's much stronger political understanding and at least tacit agreement that things should go the way Ireland wants.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ireland has been making political inroads in the US since the Fenian raids in 1866. The entire trade committee is Irish-American and there's cross party support for loving Boris over this.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Guavanaut posted:

:hmmyes: They don't have chlorinated chicken in North Korea, checks out.

Don't they have fields fertilized with unprocessed human waste, and hence a whole host of really interesting parasites?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Please. I'm talking about it being the past tense of "sundry-ing".