Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Epitope posted:

As to comparing 2.5 mg of one vs. the other, it might not be because of the type. It's pretty hard to accurately dose a spray like that, and maybe the gummies are on the high side. So you could be comparing 2 mg to 3 mg.
I suspect it might be a combination of the two. I tried to snip the gummies into even quarters, but some pieces came out slightly bigger than others. Sometimes they had air bubbles, too, which was bullshit. I can see those as being slightly more variable (due to human error) than the spray.

But yes, do try a spray if you can find it. This one is by Choice Labs here in MI, a cinnamon indica "breath spray". 100 ml total, or 40 x 2.5-ml sprays. It also comes in peppermint sativa. I produce too much saliva to hold anything under my tongue for too long, so this was a welcome product. It's compact, so it would be discreet enough to use out in the world, too (if that was a place I went anymore).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

red19fire posted:

My state is on the verge of legalization, How can i get into the industry before it explodes? There's one medical dispensary near me that has an opening for a bud tender, but i sent in a resume last week and haven't gotten a response yet.

Your state might require licensing to work in the industry. Look into that first. In Colorado, it's a state issued occupational license good for two years for $75~.

If you want to budtend, do it, but don't settle on it if you'd rather work at a grow or do courier work. I like hand-trimming, so that's what I do for contract work. Smoke a joint before work, put some headphones in, then just manicure weed all day.

grillster posted:

Shhh don't give them any ideas...

METRC is a goddamn devil and I will never stop making GBS threads on it, because it's constantly down or moving slower than a couple of octogenarians loving in the backseat of a modern sedan.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 9, 2020

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Your state might require licensing to work in the industry. Look into that first. In Colorado, it's a state issued occupational license good for two years for $75~.

If you want to budtend, do it, but don't settle on it if you'd rather work at a grow or do courier work. I like hand-trimming, so that's what I do for contract work. Smoke a joint before work, put some headphones in, then just manicure weed all day.

METRC is a goddamn devil and I will never stop making GBS threads on it, because it's constantly down or moving slower than a couple of octogenarians loving in the backseat of a modern sedan.

Not only is it what you said, there's the burden in the bloat it adds to dispensary operational costs.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm just glad that as a trimmer, I don't have to gently caress with metrc. Spent too much time at my last gig trying to learn it, only to never be able to access it or count on it to be done processing in a reasonable time.

It's like Acumatica for weed.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

DoombatINC posted:

I converted my DBV into an e-nail, it is positively a weapon

is it supposed to have a mouthpiece? i've just been inhaling from the plastic all these years

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

is it supposed to have a mouthpiece? i've just been inhaling from the plastic all these years

It should've come with a glass mouthpiece for the other end of the whip, yeah :D there's tons of aftermarket whip mouthpieces that work with everything, I actually got mine a whip-to-14mm adapter so I can run it through my water pieces

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hirayuki posted:

I suspect it might be a combination of the two. I tried to snip the gummies into even quarters, but some pieces came out slightly bigger than others. Sometimes they had air bubbles, too, which was bullshit. I can see those as being slightly more variable (due to human error) than the spray.

But yes, do try a spray if you can find it. This one is by Choice Labs here in MI, a cinnamon indica "breath spray". 100 ml total, or 40 x 2.5-ml sprays. It also comes in peppermint sativa. I produce too much saliva to hold anything under my tongue for too long, so this was a welcome product. It's compact, so it would be discreet enough to use out in the world, too (if that was a place I went anymore).

Where can I get this breath spray I am so fuckin' interested

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

bagmonkey posted:

Where can I get this breath spray I am so fuckin' interested
I found mine at New Standard in Hazel Park. I thought I saw it online at other places as well, but not anymore. Since it's from one of those umbrella companies that produces a lot of different brands around here, I imagine it'll be popping up in shops soon enough. Look under Tinctures if you're browsing online.

It turns out two sprays does the trick for me, which is good to know but also halves the number of doses. :(

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

I ran a new water pipe through a couple cycles on the ultrasonic cleaning machine. Well, this is the first piece of glass I've had that has developed pinhole leaks in it. The pinholes are easily spaced around where the base meets the water containment cylinder.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Does the ultrasonic cleaner do that?

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

Shoulda gone with the Megasonic

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Agrinja posted:

Does the ultrasonic cleaner do that?

If there are impurities or air in the glass, then the cleaning action will cause those imperfections to cavitate.

(why did I have to look for videos on ultrasonic cavitation)

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
want weed

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

grillster posted:

If there are impurities or air in the glass, then the cleaning action will cause those imperfections to cavitate.

(why did I have to look for videos on ultrasonic cavitation)

Oh poo poo. I think I'm going to stick to iso for cleaning my stuff.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

This is the only time I've ever had a problem. I've contacted the head shop to chat about it and he's going to see if his glass guy will run it through the kiln. I've noticed the bottom glass plate was always a bit murky, and the leak occured at the flange where the air cylinder meets the pedestal.

I still run my regular pipes through it but I will be more careful when I suspect glass quality is an issue. Ultrasonic cleaning is generally safe on glass and the joints if they are of good quality.

I've never had the ultrasonic cleaner get anything alcohol couldn't; I just use it because 91% alcohol is a little hard to come by.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

I've blown out the levels so it's easier to see the drops with the potato camera I used for this. I've marked the pores; they are evenly spaced. Science.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

grillster posted:

I've blown out the levels so it's easier to see the drops with the potato camera I used for this. I've marked the pores; they are evenly spaced. Science.

Aw man, when you said "pinhole leaks" I was thinking of this and wondering "wait that's kinda cool just find a way to catch the water" haha

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

E what am I even typing

red19fire
May 26, 2010

This morning I managed to time my eggs, coffee and vaporizer to finish at the same time. This world is poo poo, but for a moment everything was perfect.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I stepped outside to smoke but outside already has quite a bit of smoke here in Portland :(

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I bought a single joint from caliva and I broke it up into a bunch of small joints, like 6-8, that I smoked over a week and a half. I have to say, after doing edibles for the last 5ish months... smoking is WAY better. It gets you high faster, which is what I want due to working a normal job: get high fast. The high also feels nicer. I just don't want to be a smoker though. Does vaping still make you stink? What does it do to your lungs? I've vaped a couple of times with a real weed-vape and a vape pen with a cartridge, but I don't really know what's what.

Also there's vaping liquid and there's vaping actual weed (which doesn't seem to be a big thing compared to the vape cartridges?). And someone I know talks about 'dabs'. Is any of those things better or worse for your lungs? Someone mentioned tinctures earlier. Is there a good guide for those?

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

redreader posted:

I bought a single joint from caliva and I broke it up into a bunch of small joints, like 6-8, that I smoked over a week and a half. I have to say, after doing edibles for the last 5ish months... smoking is WAY better. It gets you high faster, which is what I want due to working a normal job: get high fast. The high also feels nicer. I just don't want to be a smoker though. Does vaping still make you stink? What does it do to your lungs? I've vaped a couple of times with a real weed-vape and a vape pen with a cartridge, but I don't really know what's what.

Also there's vaping liquid and there's vaping actual weed (which doesn't seem to be a big thing compared to the vape cartridges?). And someone I know talks about 'dabs'. Is any of those things better or worse for your lungs? Someone mentioned tinctures earlier. Is there a good guide for those?

I would be careful not to go too hot or too much on the concentrate vapes. Weed vapes are pretty bulletproof (under a maximum temperature) and can get you absolutely blasted without being hard on the lungs. In fact, both will get you really blasted, and will do the job without a trace. Concentrate vapes can be hit or miss with additives and temperature modulation.

grillster fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 14, 2020

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I'm a huge proponent of dab concentrate vapes but you've really got to be super picky about what setups you're running since there's such dramatic variation in safety and quality. That goes double for cartridges, especially when you're not filling them yourself. Flower vapes are usually a lot less fiddly and more "cram the weed in, press the button and inhale" but they're often more expensive and sessions take longer than just taking a single head-spinning dab.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
See I dig the flower vapes *because* it's a nice 15 minute session. Just hang out outside, maybe in a comfy chair maybe in a hammock, pet the dog, vape the weed, stand up and go to space. It's PERFECT.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Dabs is like bong rips
Cartridges is like a dugout and one hitter
Dry herb vape is like sipping tea, only weed

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I'm taking a weed hiatus because I think my brain is starting to erode. :psyduck:

Epitope posted:

Dabs is like bong rips
Cartridges is like a dugout and one hitter
Dry herb vape is like sipping tea, only weed

Much like any four-panel geometrical display initially looks like a Loss edit, any three-line post initially looks like a haiku.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

What do you guys think of RSO (Rick Sampson Oil)?

I’ve been using a 1:1 blend, trying to find a way to take weed that won’t gently caress up my throat but edibles aren’t legal here yet. It seems pretty good but holy poo poo is it STICKY. And it seems like sometimes you get a bad batch that has very low potency, is sticky as resin, and tastes so bitter it would be like biting straight into a pill.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm taking a weed hiatus because I think my brain is starting to erode. :psyduck:

Much like any four-panel geometrical display initially looks like a Loss edit, any three-line post initially looks like a haiku.

Highku

edit: My weed story for the day... I got to witness someone smoking a bowl using a blue laser as the heat source

grillster fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 15, 2020

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i finally got me a nice strong indica i95 - star dawg cross....

i've been using only sativa for so long because i thought i hated indica i forgot what it was like.

it's almost like mildly hallucinogenic? i take an SSRI so acid will never work to its full effect on me, but this was kind of similar in a way. instead of clors and images shifting, my brain just kind of keeps trying to grasp on to the moment but you can't ever quite get a hold of it until you start to come down?

I kind of liked it!

I actually thought that the different types thing was bullshit but im pretty sure its not now..... i dunno? i also got some Light of Jah that I have no tried yet but my friend tried it and said it was good. Its a sativa... sometime ill do a double blind test, but the stench of the i95/stardawg will probably give it away my friend said he could smell it on my porch after i smoked a bowl in the living room just inside about 20 minutes before he arrived lol.

(CO dispensary imported to a neighbor state *shh*)

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

extra row of teeth posted:

What do you guys think of RSO (Rick Sampson Oil)?

I’ve been using a 1:1 blend, trying to find a way to take weed that won’t gently caress up my throat but edibles aren’t legal here yet. It seems pretty good but holy poo poo is it STICKY. And it seems like sometimes you get a bad batch that has very low potency, is sticky as resin, and tastes so bitter it would be like biting straight into a pill.

Decarb your weed, then stick it in a large mason jar.

Prepare 2 other mason jars, 1 with a funnel and a coffee filter and the other empty. Have more coffee filters on hand!

Fill the jar that has the decarbed weed in it with Everclear grain alcohol and stir it for 30 seconds, no more.

Immediately pour out the grain alcohol into the empty jar.

Now, taking your time, slowly pour the grain alcohol with the weed in it through the coffee filter and funnel setup.

After you have filtered all of the Everclear, fill a shot glass a quarter of the way full and get your favorite chaser ready, I use Coke but juice or what have you may appeal to your palate.

BE CAREFUL THIS poo poo IS POTENT!

Enjoy!

P.S.- RSO is disgusting and cloying and will fill your mouth with disgustingness, adding a glob of it to a glob of peanut butter on a Ritz cracker for example will make it far better of an experience. The above is what I do instead, after trying RSO.

Enjoy!

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Thanks for the replies. What are good flower vape brands / models?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

redreader posted:

The vapor genie is pretty great, it's lighter operated and can really hit. People are also into the magic flight launch box, cool little electronic deal, very classy looking, doesn't smash me hard enough but great for some simple vaping.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The Magic Flight and Vapor Genie have been deprecated for many years now. The Fury Edge is a very popular electronic portable right now, and the DynaVap is the lighter vape of choice. I'd browse Puff It Up, their selection is excellent across the board.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

redreader posted:

I really think the dynavap m (any year is good) is the best type. It's simple, cheap, hits harder than any of my other vapes, and uses the least of the devil's lettuce. If you don't like it being butane powered you can build or buy an induction heater to go with it, which is also pretty cheap. If you take really good care of it it should last a lifetime. Maaaybe buy some extra o-rings and a 3 pack of the steel filters. They can go missing if you have butterfingers like me when cleaning.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

redreader posted:

https://youtu.be/jAvkXm-KBkA

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i use an e-nano plugged into a bubbler and it's lasted me for like...6 years

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Bad news: spider mites make me take down a plant sooner.

Good news: I'll have weed soon! I cut branches and set them upside down, how soon-ish can I start trying out buds? 2-3 days?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
If you have to eat this poo poo and you're not going to prepare it into food at least put it inside an empty gelcap. If it's concentrate like RSO there's no need to suffer. Even if it's oil you can still pill it if you don't want to actually eat the stuff.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

the RSO rick simpson oil or whatever sounds like absolute quackery. Why is it be talked about seriously in this thread? This isn't Lorenzo's Oil, its some crass oil extraction its not magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

that video is literally from 2018?