Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Not sure if I’m a special snowflake, but prior to my invite I wasn’t able to see anything in the forum. No vacationers or anything.

I followed the instructions in the wiki, got my invite, accepted it, then reset my group info, then refreshed the forums and could see it all. Started reapplying to sigs, and then an hour later I got a PM from directorbot purging me. Back to square one, no forums access and can’t see anything in ESA/I.

Not sure if this is because my forum name isn’t the character that I had my invite on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Oodles posted:

Not sure if I’m a special snowflake, but prior to my invite I wasn’t able to see anything in the forum. No vacationers or anything.

I followed the instructions in the wiki, got my invite, accepted it, then reset my group info, then refreshed the forums and could see it all. Started reapplying to sigs, and then an hour later I got a PM from directorbot purging me. Back to square one, no forums access and can’t see anything in ESA/I.

Not sure if this is because my forum name isn’t the character that I had my invite on?

Try resetting your access, I had something similar happen to me when there was a purge of inactive characters coinciding with my return.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Glad a bunch of people are coming back because I just started playing and don't want to have to move already.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

NGC773 posted:

PANFAM have glassed the entirety of Fountain and have left the region to now stage in low sec next to Querious.

What does 'glassed' refer to?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Also if you want to learn how to play the game again / hang out and do basically nothing come to the continuous TCAG hellcamp (advert is in fleet finder, mumble is under the Ascendence corp). I'm usually there super early EUTZ / super late USTZ. It's a fun group, I helped knock down the armor timer for the TEST ansiblex last night with them.

There is a very cool 70 year old woman who normally only builds supers scouting the G-M4GK side for us and occasionally being FC.

Agrikk posted:

What does 'glassed' refer to?

They destroyed every structure in the entire region.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Private Speech posted:

Try resetting your access, I had something similar happen to me when there was a purge of inactive characters coinciding with my return.

I got purged from the forums, but not booted in game.

I’ll try it again and see what happens.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Oodles posted:

This happened to me too and I can't remember what I did to fix it :(

I think you just go to the ESI thing and log in your character again.

The Elysium jabber is super active too and they'd know

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
90% of the war is fought by ENTOSISING structures in some poo poo ship. Usually alone and takes forever. Welcome

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Stereotype posted:

They destroyed every structure in the entire region.

Well, mostly. :smuggo:

They've left a fair number of Fortizars and other stiff for their new renters to clean up.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Solus posted:

We are dug in deep and have no plans to leave

So... just like Deklein?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Foehammer007 posted:

90% of the war is fought by ENTOSISING structures in some poo poo ship. Usually alone and takes forever. Welcome

This is not going to be as true anymore I don't think

Ynglaur posted:

Well, mostly. :smuggo:

They've left a fair number of Fortizars and other stiff for their new renters to clean up.

I built a cloaky thrasher and am going to go harass those renters

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

Oodles posted:

Yeah that's what happened to me too.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

I can't be hosed to log in and shoot things but I'ma kick in to finance those who do

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

mynnna posted:

I can't be hosed to log in and shoot things but I'ma kick in to finance those who do

:eyepop:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
When I rejoined back in February the same thing happened and then it basically fixed itself like maybe a day or less later?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Anyway. Gonna double post to post the war art I made.

Please give me (Cryo Huren) money and will buy many ships to welp into the enemy with

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

mynnna posted:

send money to penifSMASH ty

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Foehammer007 posted:

send money to penifSMASH ty

no gently caress you

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

mynnna posted:

no gently caress you

He is in GSF now so suck it up and do it

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mynnna posted:

Nice. People keep saying they are trillionares but they never post a screen grab.

Can I have a keepstar? I promise I'll feed it and look after it.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

He is in GSF now so suck it up and do it

I mean still no, I don't have it anymore anyway.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

mynnna posted:

Did you just buy all of the moon goo from jita?

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Logged into Eve for the first time in over a decade. I'm in my old Helios located in PR-8CA.

I go to do the auth stuff. I have my character registered. The group reset page-thing is blank and does nothing.

Also, I saw a bunch of my old skills that I vaguely remember but forgotten what they do are now colored yellow and disabled and its asking me for Omega Time. Do I have to pay money to play my old guy?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Two Beans posted:

Logged into Eve for the first time in over a decade. I'm in my old Helios located in PR-8CA.

I go to do the auth stuff. I have my character registered. The group reset page-thing is blank and does nothing.

Also, I saw a bunch of my old skills that I vaguely remember but forgotten what they do are now colored yellow and disabled and its asking me for Omega Time. Do I have to pay money to play my old guy?

Yes. You can login for free, but most skills are going to be locked behind a subscription.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Two Beans posted:

Yeah, you have to pay for omega to train or use previously trained omega skills which is basically all the skills you'd care about. 500 plex is like 1.3B isk if you want to use real space coins instead of fake fiat currency, otherwise if you haven't ever used their "starter packs" you can buy them like once per account and are a good deal (this is what I did).

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Stereotype posted:

Did you just buy all of the moon goo from jita?

You must be new.

(Real answer: no I'm just a fabulously wealthy goon who quit years ago, that poo poo was just in my hanger)

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

mynnna posted:

You must be new.

(Real answer: no I'm just a fabulously wealthy goon who quit years ago, that poo poo was just in my hanger)

Why yes I am new, hello!

Glad you're bringing your giant bags of money to the fight

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Two Beans posted:

No. You are free to play your old guy with all those yellow skills disabled. Have fun!

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
Mittens blew and now I come

Why is this game still around? is it less bad yet?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mynnna posted:

:sun: that will be handy :sun:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

mynnna posted:

My brain hurts from that many zero's

How many trillion is that? Also send isk to Sally Undock

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Baculus posted:

Mittens blew and now I come

Why is this game still around? is it less bad yet?

it isn't bad i don't think, but i never played in the past so i have nothing to judge it against

Hexel posted:

My brain hurts from that many zero's

How many trillion is that? Also send isk to Sally Undock

It looks to be 1.004 trillion, which if you bought it with PLEX would be about $15,000

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

I think it's prettier and more stable, the core gameplay is mostly the same though. Some annoying things went away and some other became annoying instead.

e: Here's Mittens words on the matter, from imperium.news:

Mittens posted:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~STRATEGIC TILDE RESERVE UNLOCKED~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But wait: Does Eve Online, A Bad Game, Kind of Suck?

Months before this war kicked off, something strange happened. Namely, I started playing Eve Online! In-client. For more than a decade I’ve been a mostly-metagame player, with the hope that eventually Eve would become the game I always hoped it could be. Perhaps because Pearl Abyss acquired CCP and thus there are some adults in the room, perhaps because of blind dumb luck, but for whatever reason after CCP nearly ruined the game in 2019 with such nonsense as the Blackout, the Drifter Invasion, and all that other crap, they actually made the game good! I go on fleets now on the regular and fiddle with a 33-planet PI chain while scheming and plotting. It owns.

The game is probably in the best state it’s ever been for balance and user-friendliness. I’m not going to tell you it’s perfect and wonderful because I want people ready to fight in heavy TiDi against the combined forces of the entire drat game, and that means a bunch of gritty, tough things are gonna happen – but the underlying game itself is in the best state it’s ever been.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Sep 9, 2020

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Stereotype posted:

Yeah, you have to pay for omega to train or use previously trained omega skills which is basically all the skills you'd care about. 500 plex is like 1.3B isk if you want to use real space coins instead of fake fiat currency, otherwise if you haven't ever used their "starter packs" you can buy them like once per account and are a good deal (this is what I did).

I'm not gonna be able to pay real money on this game, and I only have 6.1M ISK balance with a net worth of 85.8M. welp.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Stereotype posted:

it isn't bad i don't think, but i never played in the past so i have nothing to judge it against

It looks to be 1.004 trillion, which if you bought it with PLEX would be about $15,000

plus about 1.25-1.5t of goo

so, uh, a lot

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
:shobon: what a bloke

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Goon Hero

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

If mynnna sent me some isk i'd do my damnedest to go lose a super for goonfleetwaffeswarm, I don't think mynnna will give me isk though.

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?

Oodles posted:

Exact same thing happened to me when I re-upped last month, so I went to bed and when I woke up the next morning it had fixed itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nynex
Sep 9, 2020

mynnna posted:

You must be new.

you are a god amongst men