Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Centrist Committee posted:

Aren't they trying to sell the port and redevelop it with lovely condos and a new baseball stadium or something?

sorta, the Oakland A's asked to make a new stadium at Howard Terminal, which doesn't handle large ships, and the Port Authority said "lol sure whatever, pay us" and then the maritime trading companies said "oh yeah we'll still offload coal right next to the stadium, idiots".

that poo poo ain't never getting built.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
Does anyone know how to modify phone cameras to take an accurate picture of the sky?

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Incelshok Na posted:

Does anyone know how to modify phone cameras to take an accurate picture of the sky?

No citizen, the sky is blue. Every child knows this.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I work in a greenhouse and I'm honestly not sure there's enough light to work today.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Incelshok Na posted:

I you're using an iPhone you can use this app: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/camera-2/id1313580627

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 23, 2021

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Reporting to you live from the nuclear fallout ground zero.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
It looks like a post apocalyptic N64 game, complete with low draw distance.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1303743104311324680

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

I'm leaving for Boise tomorrow to stay with my parents for a week just to avoid this. Jesus Christ.

Boot and Rally
Apr 21, 2006

8===D
Nap Ghost
It looks like Earth in The Matrix outside. Except instead of blacking out the sun to fight a robot adversary we did it for single family homes, bumper to bumper traffic and cheap electronics.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Incelshok Na posted:

Use a flip-phone and get it perfect:

Happy California Admission Day!

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Got my first frantic NO ON 15 text message today.

Did you know they're going to take that TAX MONEY and also spend it on FUNDING THE GOVERNMENT instead of schools which aren't the government?

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Took a stroll down the fury road wearing a K95 to snap pics and take in the bedlam. Saw a bluejay pecking and pulling at a window like it was trying to get inside. Decided to go home and noticed a fine white powder coating the streets and sidewalk. :thumbsup:

gonger
Apr 25, 2006

Quiet! You vegetable!

Incelshok Na posted:

Try holding up a white piece of paper to help the software figure out the proper white balance.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

"lets have burning man in sf"

"no not like that"

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Jaxyon posted:

Got my first frantic NO ON 15 text message today.

Did you know they're going to take that TAX MONEY and also spend it on FUNDING THE GOVERNMENT instead of schools which aren't the government?

Imagine living under a martian sky and still thinking that rising taxes are your biggest concern.

E: grammar

America Inc. fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Sep 9, 2020

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
If you stick an air filter over your window ac or whatever aim to get a MERV 14 if you can. Iirc merv 13 might be enough for particulate but I think you really want a 14. They may or may not be in stock cause the filter media is in short supply because of covid, so good luck

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

Not really, not like Los Angeles/Long Beach, Oakland, or Seattle are. Stockton does bulk and break bulk, not containers, and only ~250 ships a year. There are two ships docked there today, with no ships arriving. 47 ships will arrive in Oakland today.
Thanks for the perspective.

sincx posted:

Buy some blue painter's tape and do your best to seal all the gaps around the window AC, including the top of the movable part of the window.

Also buy an HVAC air filter at Home Depot, and just cut it up and tape an appropriate-sized piece of it in front of the window AC's air intake. It should help a little.

and people who don't have an AC at all can do the same thing with a $20 box fan and a HVAC filter:

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/blog/how-to-diy-an-air-purifier/

If you have a "pro" mode in your camera app, manually set the white balance to 5900K, which is what it should be for day time.

idiotsavant posted:

If you stick an air filter over your window ac or whatever aim to get a MERV 14 if you can. Iirc merv 13 might be enough for particulate but I think you really want a 14. They may or may not be in stock cause the filter media is in short supply because of covid, so good luck
The seams are already taped, but thanks for the filter idea. The AC's built in filter has holes bigger than a screen door.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

How far south does the doom sky extend? Is it like this in LA?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
My contact on the ground in LA told me that it was hazy but not orange this morning.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
The sky looks like a normal day in Riverside, and that's even with the El Dorado fire nearby.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Im in north Orange County and it has been orange-ish sky today and yesterday

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Down here in northern SD county it is hazy enough to make the color feel like twilight all day but not blood-orange-fury-road like in the bay

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

We've got a Martian sky here in Contra Costa.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Even if it's time to replace the fleet or whatever why tweet about this lol

https://twitter.com/SJPDPIO/status/1303745668213649408

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Further reinforcing the stereotype that BMWs are driven by rage-fueled dipshits.

I'm on the coastside of the Peninsula and it's like the sun never got above the horizon today.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I'm on the Bay side of the Peninsula and the sky is looking less orange out across the East Bay. Any East Bayers want to weigh in?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Kenning posted:

How far south does the doom sky extend? Is it like this in LA?

http://www.alertwildfire.org/

You can go here and click on some cams in the forest so see how it looks.

You can also watch live footage of fires as well.

This is LA/OC region (scroll down for pics)
http://www.alertwildfire.org/orangecoca/index.html?v=81e002f

While this is the Bay Area
http://www.alertwildfire.org/southeastbay/index.html?v=81e002f

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love
I am a little jealous — in Fresno our air quality is just as poo poo, but the sky is just brown-gray and we don’t even get any of the fun apocalypse colors as a tradeoff :mad:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The birds are absolutely silent, except for one crow. Clearly the doom is upon us.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Some neighbor up the canyon must have been loving making horseshoes or something, because the dull, dead ring of hammer on anvil was echoing among the anxious calls of the ravens and jays. Truly it is a fell day.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

The calamity known as Turmp ushered in the 10th Umbral Era.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I'm on the Bay side of the Peninsula and the sky is looking less orange out across the East Bay. Any East Bayers want to weigh in?

Currently in Oakland: The sun has made a timid appearance and also taken off most of that awful and garish make-up. Temperature is decent and there is a breeze!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
here in camarillo it just looks like any other day, but we're still pretty far from fire for now

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It's like we're on Venus now, instead of Mars.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Meanwhile in far NorCal, the entire City of Oroville is under an evacuation warning again after the entire town was evacuated in 2017 due to imminent catastrophic dam failure.

Oroville is also 10 minutes from Paradise. Butte County can't catch a break.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Went back out on the deck and it's as dark as 8:30 pm out there now. I literally had to turn the indoor lights on to find something.

This is so unsettling, and I keep trying to find the words for it, but they don't come. This is terrible.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

this is all that is left of the postapocalyptic bay area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.