Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

I love this post. Starman is such an underrated movie.

Favorite dessert? Bailey's Irish Coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Best dessert is objectively the butter tart but I gently caress with a creme brulee. Love to shatter that sugar glass top like stone cold

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

oh boy. chocolate cake. wow. nnhnnhhnhn. i wish i had all the chocolate cake in the world (reference)

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

NienNunb posted:

What kind of desserts do y'all like?

Nothing beats a classic NY Cheesecake or a slice of Apple Pie with vanilla ice cream for me but this week I've been craving a good cannoli.

my partner and i found a place nearby that delivers big gently caress-off ice cream sundaes. not great for my weight loss plans, but I do love eating gummy bears on ice cream because i'm literally a toddler

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I know hornyposting is banned but I am HORNY for this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9xhJrPXop4

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

hootin and hollerin that they managed to Movie Trailer Cover eclipse by pink floyd. cmon...............

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Paper Lion posted:

hootin and hollerin that they managed to Movie Trailer Cover eclipse by pink floyd. cmon...............

I made my peace with this happening to every single song when I heard that Karen O cover of Bullet With Butterfly Wings on top of the Hanna trailer and the folksy cover of Marcy Playground's 'Sex and Candy' in Little Fires Everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaCXtBUgLgg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3LdZfciYN8

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Best dessert is Tillamook huckleberry ice cream this is canon

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
fired up about Dune. my favorite book, my favorite board game... my favorite movie? don’t gently caress it up, Denis!

seriously though I want to play Dune the board game so bad

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bard Maddox posted:

fired up about Dune. my favorite book, my favorite board game... my favorite movie? don’t gently caress it up, Denis!

seriously though I want to play Dune the board game so bad

I've never even heard of the board game. Is it like a Risk sort of deal?

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

its way more complicated than risk. its basically a reskin of a super old boardgame from the 70s which had the gimmick of being able to make your own factions, but the twist being that the dune version had 6 premade factions that all perfectly fit in a flavour and ludonarrative way (atredies, fremen, harkonnen, spacing guild, bene gesseret, emperor). if you have a ton of time and want to see it played well in a good, entertaining production, check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js_WINTqtjo

im back to laughing a lot at the dune trailer. "theres a crusade coming." oh word? crusade, huh? not the thing its actually called? oh really denis? whats wrong? say the drat word denis. just say it. oops, all american imperial geopolitics. wouldnt want to evoke politics in this.....movie about politics.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Im very tired

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I definitely remember mentions of the Butlerian Unpleasantness in the part of Dune I managed to read before I got sort of bored

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the Butlerian Hootenanny

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CobiWann posted:

I love this post. Starman is such an underrated movie.

Favorite dessert? Bailey's Irish Coffee.

Jeff Bridges owns

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I've never even heard of the board game. Is it like a Risk sort of deal?

Dune's a weird game that 100% wouldn't be made today but is the most thematic game that I've ever seen. everyone gets a different faction that have wildly different rulesets - the Atreides is the only player that can take notes because of their Prescience! the Harkonnen have lots of traitors they can play against you! the Emperor gets all of the spice (money) every time you buy a card! - they're goofy rules that make perfect thematic sense! it's a weird confluence of politicking, guys on a map, auctioneering, just a wild game that's not like a whole lot else.

also, you can blow up the shield wall, the Fremen can ride a sandworm, you can shoot a shield with a lasgun and it blows everything up. everything about it - the rules, the factions, the talking at the table - is pure uncut Dune, which makes it rule!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like Dune. Hope that movie is good. I just want the spice to flow

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Dont much care for that Teemeethee Cheeleemee character

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This looks so, so, so, so loving good.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Call me crazy but I think Denis Villeneuve makes good movies

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Call me crazy but I think Denis Villeneuve makes good movies

It still boggles my mind that Bladerunner 2049 didn't do well, it's an absolutely incredible film. I love that he is completely unapologetic about it too, he knows he made a great film and doesn't mind telling people so.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jerusalem posted:

It still boggles my mind that Bladerunner 2049 didn't do well, it's an absolutely incredible film. I love that he is completely unapologetic about it too, he knows he made a great film and doesn't mind telling people so.

It’s Jared Leto’s fault

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Dune sucks. I’ll still happily watch the movie.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is legit possibly the best I've felt since quarantine started and all my brain is doing is telling me "No, bad things are happening, you're not allowed to feel good" and also "The other shoe will drop soon, just wait fool mwahahahaha"

But real talk I am happy and distressed about it, what the gently caress is that

Also my partner tested negative for rona in case anyone wondered so yay

This is a biological function—the nervousness—that’s completely natural and happens to most people after times of crisis. Your body is trying to stay alive; this too will pass.

Congrats on your partner’s test results!

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Jerusalem posted:

I think it's time for me to watch it again

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Batista is a+ in bladerunner 2049. are there any other films with "serious acting chops" Batista in them?

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

he was in a james bond. specter? cant remember. its not moonraker, or a brosnan one, or a connery one.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Paper Lion posted:

its way more complicated than risk. its basically a reskin of a super old boardgame from the 70s which had the gimmick of being able to make your own factions, but the twist being that the dune version had 6 premade factions that all perfectly fit in a flavour and ludonarrative way (atredies, fremen, harkonnen, spacing guild, bene gesseret, emperor). if you have a ton of time and want to see it played well in a good, entertaining production, check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js_WINTqtjo

Thanks for this! Dune sounds like the exact kind of board game I would never play, but it seems fun enough to watch others.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

It’s Jared Leto’s fault
I always forget he was in that sucking so bad with a plot that makes zero loving sense.

White people being obsessed with slavery is so loving dumb though, it's literally an economic failure the west grew out of.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Birds of Prey not doing well is also his fault

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Artelier posted:

Batista is a+ in bladerunner 2049. are there any other films with "serious acting chops" Batista in them?

He was great in Hotel Artemis

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Artelier posted:

His scenes with Jodie Foster in Hotel Artemis were probably the best parts of the movie, and his recent episode of Room 104 was really solid and focused on him.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SunshineDanceParty posted:

His scenes with Jodie Foster in Hotel Artemis were probably the best parts of the movie, and his recent episode of Room 104 was really solid and focused on him.

Yeah I was gonna suggest that Room 104 episode too, it's great. Honestly Batista has been good in nearly everything I've seen him in. He doesn't always get the meatiest roles but he always makes the most of them.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah I was gonna suggest that Room 104 episode too, it's great. Honestly Batista has been good in nearly everything I've seen him in. He doesn't always get the meatiest roles but he always makes the most of them.

Yeah there's a reason big directors are using him. He's really worked at being an actor. I have no doubt he'll be good in Dune, and there's a real missed opportunity if he isn't in one of the next two John Wick sequels.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Big Dave is probably the best thing about Spectre. And he’s like, a really good thing about an otherwise mediocre movie.

Probably the best Bond henchman since...Xenia?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, Spectre was deeply disappointing in a lot of ways but Batista definitely wasn't one of them.

I can't get over how loving good he is in Bladerunner 2049 though. I also highly recommend the little prequel short they shot about his character as well.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The other shoe did not drop.

A whole truck of steel-toed boots emptied on top of me. Jesus loving Christ. I am not okay.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1303822478532378625?s=19

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

At first I thought this was you and I lost my poo poo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

at first I thought you were saying you thought Shard was one of the video game characters and I went loving crazy. I chugged my full bottle of lemon water (lemon juice in water)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

at first I thought you were saying you thought Shard was one of the video game characters and I went loving crazy. I chugged my full bottle of lemon water (lemon juice in water)

Add a little sugar to that bottle and have a party