Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TL posted:

Then I'm not sure what this Triple H/BLM story is.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/06/wwe-nxt-aj-francis-on-triple-h-black-lives-matter-meeting-671191/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

quote:

Francis also responded to a fan who tried to knock Triple H by posting a photo of he and the rest of the McMahon Family with President Trump.

Francis responded with a photo of Trump shaking the hand of former President Obama and writing, "Meeting with Trump doesn't mean that you believe with every single thing he believes in. Grow up."
Motherfucker, that's not the same loving thing!

Well now I need to take a walk.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

"Hey, can you sign this thing for a charity auction?"

"Ok."

Feel free to go off, but sometimes it can be just that simple.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Evil Badman posted:

"Hey, can you sign this thing for a charity auction?"

"Ok."

Feel free to go off, but sometimes it can be just that simple.

"Hey can you sign this thing for a charity auction, the same charity that me, one of your best friends and most everyone else in our bible group has been talking about for the last month. The same bible group your other best friend is part of it too. Oh wow you didn't hear about any of this? The group that's been going viral the last two months?"

You are right he definitely didn't ask what charity and has managed to not hear about it at all. He wouldn't even be mildly curious despite the group lining up with his own political beliefs.

He also thanks HHH for the support in the text that got cut off.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Just like when the Velveteen Dream investigation that managed to not contact any of the accusers found no wrong doing! Papa H is a straight shooter that sometimes gets taken advantage of because he is so good natured.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

At least we know when Vince dies the next in line will make sure the pedophiles will continue to have long well paid careers shielded from things like accountability and consequences

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

It's 1000% more likely HHH got wind of Drake doing an auction of a signed WM 34 ref shirt and suggested they'd raise more money if he signed it instead of Drake.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

the king of kings is a good man, he simply has wicked advisors

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

At least we know when Vince dies the next in line will make sure the pedophiles will continue to have long well paid careers shielded from things like accountability and consequences

People dying on the hill of “HHH will be better though” each time he does poo poo like this, at what is now at least the thirtieth time he’s done terrible poo poo now, just tells me they’ll let anything slide. editing the rest out because it borders on rant, but this is an obvious pattern (for him and for his defenders)

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 10, 2020

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

MassRafTer posted:

"Hey can you sign this thing for a charity auction, the same charity that me, one of your best friends and most everyone else in our bible group has been talking about for the last month. The same bible group your other best friend is part of it too. Oh wow you didn't hear about any of this? The group that's been going viral the last two months?"

You are right he definitely didn't ask what charity and has managed to not hear about it at all. He wouldn't even be mildly curious despite the group lining up with his own political beliefs.

He also thanks HHH for the support in the text that got cut off.

Thanks for responding to my post. I appreciate the support.

There's definitely skeletons in Trips' closet, but I'm not going to hop on the he "knew the entire time, and is 100 QAnon 4 LIfe" from an Instragram post alone.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Here's what I don't get with playing devil's advocate, "oh maybe it was a coincidence", about these things.

If he wasn't responsible for horrible act #543, what does it matter in the light of the first 542? What is the benefit of the doubt for?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The QAnon trafficking stuff has led to legit trafficking prevention organizations and hotlines being overrun with calls, emails and social media messages to the detriment of sincere cases.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm all for fairness. If HHH says "Oh, I'm sorry, I had no idea that charity was actually some insane rear end conspiracy theory about Democrats running pedophile rings and Trump secretly being the sole force combatting them and also antisemitism" then ok. Maybe you weren't the bad guy on this one.

But like... there's no reason to make the excuse for him especially given all that other stuff.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

STAC Goat posted:

I'm all for fairness. If HHH says "Oh, I'm sorry, I had no idea that charity was actually some insane rear end conspiracy theory about Democrats running pedophile rings and Trump secretly being the sole force combatting them and also antisemitism" then ok. Maybe you weren't the bad guy on this one.

But like... there's no reason to make the excuse for him especially given all that other stuff.

Exactly. If it were Titus O’Neill or Ruby Riott, ill give them the benefit of the doubt. Not loving nazi symbol liker HHH

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If it were like Ruby Riot my reaction would be "Man, I hope that's just her being sucked in by misleading poo poo." But like I would have no idea if it was or not. I'd just hope and kind of put it on her to correct the record.

But like... HHH? I have no expectations of a better person there.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Edit: well this was the wrong thread

JUNGLE BOY fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Sep 10, 2020

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Sure he’s a racist, sure he’s probably a nazi, sure he enables pedos, but a believer in a far right conspiracy cult? You go too far!

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

oh but seriously I posted:

the king of kings is a good man, he simply has wicked advisors

this could apply to either Jesus or Triple H

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

lol Lana tweeted about Miro and immediately took it down.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Boy would I have been a lot more excited about this two days ago before he made an rear end out of himself

Pylons posted:

lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Boy would I have been a lot more excited about this two days ago before he made an rear end out of himself

eh he was just bein a Wife Guy, it happens to the best of us

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
https://www.instagram.com/p/CE7wPsRJhMU/?igshid=6t4low9rx3u2

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Sanguinia posted:

He just needs to be deprogrammed, it should happen with time.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pylons posted:

Lol. Yeah Renee said WWE talent are not allowed to tweet AEW talent when their show is on or something related. I need the specific quote but it’s something specific like this. I forgot what it’s like to be a child in middle school again so I don’t get it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/SirLARIATO/status/1303791082921242630?s=19

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

love 'cide

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Sami remains the best. For context this is in response to a Nancy Pelosi tweet where she said that Trump knew about Covid and still lied and now people died. She then asks people to pass this information on.

https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1303884567552626689?s=20

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sami loving rules

https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1303490263999016961

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

People dying on the hill of “HHH will be better though” each time he does poo poo like this, at what is now at least the thirtieth time he’s done terrible poo poo now, just tells me they’ll let anything slide. editing the rest out because it borders on rant, but this is an obvious pattern (for him and for his defenders)

Yeah he's already shown he's on board with all of the terrible poo poo that has become WWE protocol and not only will he be just as guilty when Vince dies but he might even be worse being that he has the opportunity to change things when he's gone and very likely wont

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Sami remains the best. For context this is in response to a Nancy Pelosi tweet where she said that Trump knew about Covid and still lied and now people died. She then asks people to pass this information on.

https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1303884567552626689?s=20

Sami rules and is correct

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Please Tony, save him from the bad company

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Lol at what I presume is a chud getting Good Vibes because he's seeing Nancy Pelosi get yelled at by a celebrity and didn't even read the rest of it.

edit: Woops, didn't read the dates. Still lol though. "Thank god you're not condoning riots!"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

HHH will always be the guy who chased away people by allowing assholes like Bill DeMott and the rest of those monstrous fucks treat trainees like garbage, his judgment is dogshit and WWE will always be bad as long as the Vince, Stephanie, and Haitch are in power.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tonfa posted:

Here's what I don't get with playing devil's advocate, "oh maybe it was a coincidence", about these things.

If he wasn't responsible for horrible act #543, what does it matter in the light of the first 542? What is the benefit of the doubt for?

Triple H has done enough specifically verifiable awful things that there's no need to conspiracy theory up new reasons to hate him

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

People want to believe that Triple H will make WWE better because WWE is important to them and they don't want it to be unsalvagable, especially when the message every single shoot interview even unto this very month pounds into their heads it "EVERYTHING BAD IS VINCE AND VINCE ALONE." When that's the message its easy to make up excuses in your head like "Triple H HAS to say they did a thorough investigation, but Vince is the one who made the call to keep pushing Velveteen/Riddle," no matter how big the holes in those excuses are.

I don't blame them for hoping that the red flags are red herrings and once Hunter has the actual power things will change overnight. Even I carry a tiny, withered torch for a day when WWE isn't horrible, and Triple H is unfortunately the only practical vector for that torch to continue existing for my foreseeable lifetime

Luckily the last few years have done enough damage to my love and enough alternatives have been made available to me that I can easily let go if the day comes and nothing gets better because he was exactly as bad as the red flags indicated.

(There's also the fact that NXT was really good for a long time and the decline in its quality was so much worse once Vince got involved in it its easy to forget it started faltering before that. Which makes it easier in general for people to ignore the bad signs.)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I also see HHH being more smiley/chummy to peoples faces and then doing the lovely things behind their back and blaming Vince and otehr higher ups. And he is better at deflecting blame off himself and claiming that he didn't know, or wasn't informed.

As an example: look at the way he deflected the blame on the racist ACH shirt. He claims he consulted ACH, he claims he took that feedback into consideration, and then he claims that he had no idea that what eventually came out of that consultation and feedback turned out to be racist. "it's not my fault fellas, I did the right thing." Just like with the "investigation" into real life paedophile Velveteen Dream. "I did the right thing in making an investigation. It's not my fault if because of some magic corporate stuff the investigation was weak as piss." It's not my fault.

Which is different to Vince and his "I'm Vince McMahon dammnit. I say jump and you say how high without sneezing!" Which is a lot easier to point the finger at and blame.

So when HHH does take over, the horror will still be there, and maybe even some extra bits because of HHH's "am I going over?" personality. But the blame will be deflected off of his shoulders due to his weasel ways.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What did lana the coward say? Told you they were pathetic.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HHH is a piece of poo poo and will continue to be a piece of poo poo after Vince is dead, but the on screen product will absolutely improve, if only because it literally cant get worse

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

the on screen product will absolutely improve, if only because it literally cant get worse

Surely people thought this in 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Remember January when Roman Reigns was being force fed dog food every week?