Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Infinitum posted:

I've always said they should do War4, and a new WoW expansion at the same time.

Story beats play out in War 4, then are resolved in WoW.
The terrain of WoW would constantly shift based on the outcomes of MILLIONS of campaigns being compiled to show which way the plot should turn.

Designed by committee, except the players are the committee.
Actual agency (Gasp)

Yeah they could have done it really well after the best expansion, WotLK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Isn’t mmo music just whatever podcast you happen to be listening to?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I tried FF14 years ago and I stopped at around level 35 because I was incredibly bored of all the "run here kill 10 monsters run back" quests and then I finally hit the first real raid (Titan I think, the one who does a big aoe slam that knocks people off the map and ends the raid instantly) and twelve fights in a row we get close to the end and my team dies to a big aoe slam that knocks people off the map and ends the raid instantly

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Isn’t mmo music just whatever podcast you happen to be listening to?

It's typically whatever album I'm jamming to this week :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3S7k-zfIQM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AolstL1_MhE

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

:vince:

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

lol

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

New not-Deadspin is finally here: https://defector.com/

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Here is my favorite FFXIV Zone Music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhtHU2V4yRg

And, if you are playing a game and not enjoying it, that's okay! Just cast it off in here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3916775.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

(Someone explain the village in flames joke please :()

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

California's latest wildfires were started by idiots setting off explosives at their gender reveal parties

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

The current West Coast Wild Fire was caused by a botched gender reveal party, much like the previous one last year or two years ago.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Jay Rust posted:

A gender reveal party in real life caused one of the wildefires in California

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This is the second time this has happened.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's... whatever the gently caress they want!! *bam margera bursts out of the box and punches his dad*

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/cableknitjumper/status/1303585860860801024

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Played Hypnospace Outlaw and got to Carl P's page about Lisa and I guess now Im going to sleep.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Waffleman_ posted:

This is the second time this has happened.

Oh man don't know to go with "That we know of", or "...so far!"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is why you should NEVER reveal your gender.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the ideal gender reveal party is when they turn 18 and it's hosted inside playstation home for the PS3

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Jay Rust posted:

It's like your True Name and if other people know it they will have power over you.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Been having a lot of fun with Tony Hawk 1+2, hopefully it sells well enough that our corporate overlords will allow us to have fun sports games again.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

dwarves do it right, everyone should wear heavy armor and grow out their beards

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

gender reveal party in defunct mmo Wildstar

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The 7th Guest posted:

it's... whatever the gently caress they want!! *bam margera bursts out of the box and punches his dad*

Tony Hawk's Underground 2 was a series of gender reveal parties

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The first few times I heard of gender reveal parties I thought it was like a trans coming out thing, which sound a lot more fun.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I think I would go so far as to say FFXIV has the best music of any video game I've ever played

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Barudak posted:

The current West Coast Wild Fire was caused by a botched gender reveal party, much like the previous one last year or two years ago.

The fire in California was started by the gender pyrotechnic device. The Oregon one was was started by lighting in August that spread by labor day winds. I think the Washington wildfire was also started by lightning.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

fridge corn posted:

I think I would go so far as to say FFXIV has the best music of any video game I've ever played

You say that but it has no tracks on this, very suspect!!!

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

fridge corn posted:

I could probably agree with that, though to be fair it also has the most music of any video game. Literally, already 4 years ago it held the world record for the most original pieces of music in a video game (384 tracks at the time of patch 3.45).

I both greatly respect and also feel bad for Soken and his team for the quality and quantity of their work.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Like beyond saying whether you liked it or not, don't debate the quality of music imho (on this kind of forum anyway). Too many intangible components for it to be settled as something right or wrong, good or bad.

I'm reminded of that giant bomb GOTY show where they fast forward through some songs they've never heard, completely divorced of their context, to chin stroke about their quality.

no more impossible to discuss t han any other form of media like games or movies lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Yeah nah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkVOnU16BMY

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
At least one person has been directly killed by an explosive device at a gender reveal party

The person who originally invented gender reveal parties now regrets doing it and the kid whose gender was revealed at the first party later stopped conforming to that gender

There is no reason for them to exist but there's a big industry around them now so they cannot be allowed to stop

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ff14 is not anywhere near to the best music in a video game, its not even in the considerations lol

there are a few strains of video game soundtrakc which people seem to lose their minds over and theyre all so boring

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

anyway that said this is the best video game music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_ESNsz8RLk

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Fez actually does have the best video game soundtrack, officially. It's both great in game and really easy to chill out and work/read to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
anodyne 2 was much better than the first one, which allowed it to reach the lofty heights of “okay”