Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cant wait to go to sleep tonight and wakeup to football tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

AndrewP posted:

10 months, drat. What are their plans? I am absolutely buying Tua as the future of the Dolphins but I still think maybe he shouldn't take any hits this year

Fitzmagic is starting, but no one knows for how long. Tua is the only other QB on the roster now that Rosen is gone.

It’s just sort of assumed that at some point this season Tua will take over. He’s cleared for contact and a full workload. His recovery has been crazy fast.

So yeah, he’ll probably start a few games at the end of the season. I’ve had my eye on week 12 against the Jets. That’s right after the bye. And then the next week we host the Bengals. Burrow vs Tua in Miami late in the season will get butts in seats towards the end of another unremarkable Dolphins season.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Mid 50s and showers in KC for the season opening game.

Can't have the slightest thing not be weird I guess, but a wet ball and no preseason could be fun if you're into that type of thing.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Football has returned to us.

Foot. Ball.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
God drat this is gonna be weird.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Honestly not really? Like baseball and hockey feel fairly normal, you’re just going to miss out on drunk Seattle fan spilling popcorn all over himself.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Hail Football, Hail Satan

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Mexican Radio posted:

Hail Football, Hail Lord Jesus

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Can tonight's game be streamed for free via the Yahoo Sports app or NFL app without any cable/satellite TV subscriptions? Can anyone point to a definitive answer on this somewhere?

I don't understand how those apps' games are chosen.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This is my annual plea to the gods to bring back the fantasy announcers.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

pmchem posted:

Can tonight's game be streamed for free via the Yahoo Sports app or NFL app without any cable/satellite TV subscriptions? Can anyone point to a definitive answer on this somewhere?

according to this webzone you can do the yahoo app for free or use your antenna

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/texans-vs-chiefs-live-stream-how-to-watch-nfl-2020-season-opener-online

quote:

If you just want to watch on your phone, the Yahoo Sports app for iOS and Android gives away every NFL game that's broadcast in your local TV market to your smartphone or tablet for free. Yes, that includes Monday Night Football and Thursday Night Football. You can also sign into your NFL Game Pass subscription and stream it from the Yahoo app.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Magary's "Why Your Team Sucks" have started going up on Defector.

So far it's:

Lions
Giants
Washington
Bengals

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Yes. Last year I could watch any game in my area on the yahoo app. I don’t have a cable subscription.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mexican Radio posted:

Hail Football, Hail Satan

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

How do people like this become successful? He probably has a net worth in the seven digits, right? How is it possible that he is where he is where so many smart, competent, compassionate people I know are struggling?

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1304039718347304962?s=20

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Hot Diggity! posted:

So far it's:

Lions
Giants
Washington
Bengals

Came here to post this.

Its now at the Defector

https://defector.com/why-your-team-sucks-2020-cincinnati-bengals/

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

pmchem posted:

If you know someone who has a cable or satellite subscription and they are willing to share their login info you can use it to watch the game through the NBC Sports app on any device.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

fsif posted:

How do people like this become successful? He probably has a net worth in the seven digits, right? How is it possible that he is where he is where so many smart, competent, compassionate people I know are struggling?

Hey 40k new cases a day is stable I guess.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

fsif posted:

because of a blanket willingness to serve capital

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Hot Diggity! posted:

So far it's:

Lions
Giants
Washington
Bengals

Is Defector up now? Cool. Thanks thread, would've forgotten about my subscription, lol.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

fsif posted:

Meritocracy is an utter lie and the only way to get ahead is to either be born rich, serve the rich, or get incredibly lucky in your psychopathy.

Football.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fsif posted:

Teams have barely left camp and the season hasn't even started yet! Little early to be counting those chickens.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Curious to see what games are being played in LA under a red sky.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Teams have barely left camp and the season hasn't even started yet! Little early to be counting those chickens.

It's also a couple of days after a 20 year old college player died of covid.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

No! The NFL defeated COVID!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ughh Google sucks so bad for image searching now. There was a photo posted here a few months ago of a winter game with the two lines visibly breathing onto each other with large plumes of foggy breath easily 3-4 feet in distance. I think it was Eagles vs an AFC team, or maybe the Lions?

I should've saved that photo so I could just post it at people like Rovell.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

fsif posted:

I'm going to store this tweet in a warm cave. Might bring it back out in 45-60 days to see how its aged.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

I thought Defector was going to be subscriber only?

Really glad it isn't, I love old Deadspin and it seems like the new site is just like the old Deadspin.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Ughh Google sucks so bad for image searching now. There was a photo posted here a few months ago of a winter game with the two lines visibly breathing onto each other with large plumes of foggy breath easily 3-4 feet in distance. I think it was Eagles vs an AFC team, or maybe the Lions?

I should've saved that photo so I could just post it at people like Rovell.

Probably the Lions@Eagles game from I think 2013 where it snowed like 8 inches during the game. I was at that game with my ex, it was pretty miserable.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

axeil posted:

I believe it is and opening it up early on is intended to sell people who didn't already subscribe? But I guess I don't know for sure.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

axeil posted:

Really glad it isn't, I love old Deadspin and it seems like the new site is just like the old Deadspin.

Probably the Lions@Eagles game from I think 2013 where it snowed like 8 inches during the game. I was at that game with my ex, it was pretty miserable.

I think it'll be subscriber only, but probably want to keep stuff free while word spreads that, hey it's the Deadspin you used to love.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Pretty sure they're doing a limited article thing if you're not a subscriber. Also commenting privileges at a certain level of subscription.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I fully expect every outcome from the game Sunday. 8 tds, 0 ints. 8 ints 0 tds. Joe to retire before the game. Burrow passing for 600 and running for 400. Burrow taking a knee every down as a statement. Joe to ascend into heaven after Hart Ole's a defensive end. Kimo to run onto the field in a chargers uni at halftime while WWF heel music plays.

Aaaaaahhhhh

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I expect the Dallas cowboys will give everyone in the world a great big hug

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Joe burrow is going to be palmered by Chris Jones

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Shinjobi posted:

I expect the Dallas cowboys will give everyone in the world a great big hug

I do not think this is likely to happen, but hey any given sunday

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Metapod posted:

Joe burrow is going to be palmered by Chris Jones

I hope bosa eats him

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Oh right they play the chargers

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Strobe posted:

That was Elway and the Chiefs during the 1990 season.

Eat poo poo Elway

I was at that game. Every time the officials said that it was too loud the crowd went nuts and screamed as loud as they could. I think that game is what built the tradition of every fan at Arrowhead screaming as hard as they possibly can. It was this dawning realization that you as a fan could affect the outcome of a game if only you believed in your dreams hard enough.

gently caress John Elway

https://www.chiefs.com/news/the-day-the-crowd-was-too-loud-for-john-elway-and-arrowhead-was-born

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Csj3xJmwI

kiimo fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Sep 10, 2020

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

a neat cape posted:

I hope bosa eats him

I personally wouldn't root for live human cannibalism, but hey we all cheer differently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Magicpants posted:

I personally wouldn't root for live human cannibalism, but hey we all cheer differently

Bad fan