Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think this dude was actually just a supervillain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Bananas are radioactive so for this application they're obviously good

fun fact, the potassium in bananas gradually poops out positrons which does absolutely nothing useful but does technically mean that the produce department at walmart has an above-average antimatter output

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Potassium is a significant contributor to a person’s exposure to ionising radiation. I once saw a great proposal to manufacture and sell “depleted potassium” as a dietary supplement.

I can only assume they found that isotopic separation was cost prohibitive.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I have recently begun eating several bananas per day. What should my intake be if I wish to become an atomic superhero?

Edit: Also, I want to play with the killer steel ball.

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I have recently begun eating several bananas per day. What should my intake be if I wish to become an atomic superhero?

I mean at least 30

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Unfortunately you turn into Captain Bathroom long before you gain atomic superpowers. :(

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

Unfortunately you turn into Captain Bathroom long before you gain atomic superpowers. :(

Mix some chili in, and you'll get there.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Since potassium doesn't stay in the body you'd have to consume millions of bananas at one sitting, which is a super power in itself!

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
In the land of the hypokalemic, the man who doesn’t have to dose insulin with a mouse syringe is king.

Eat your bananas, kids.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Facebook Aunt posted:

Lol at this person who doesn't know about Bananaman.

Just lol.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
The Bananas in Pyjamas were just normal teenagers who made an unfortunate choice of snack before bed.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The Corn of the Future Is Hundreds of Years Old and Makes Its Own Mucus

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Cats Movie Viewer Spots A Cat Butthole They Forgot To Remove

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

By popular demand posted:

Since potassium doesn't stay in the body you'd have to consume millions of bananas at one sitting, which is a super power in itself!

OK, thirty I could do, but millions? Maybe if I make a smoothie or something?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

glopcorn

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The translated news item does not say it, but there is additional piece of information on other sites; it seems that the statue was designed so that it explodes the moment the six pieces are put together.

So definitely a supervillain. Or modern artist.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Going back to to the radioactive banana talk for a minute, I assume this is the end result.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I wish there was a better way to word that. Sounds like the disaster was Fukushima's fault and not the 9.0 earthquake, followed by a Tsunami.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You can have earthquakes and tsunamis all day long, but you release caesium 137 into the ocean one time...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

It used to mean something to be a country girl

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

That's pretty amazing, I hope things work out.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

It used to mean something to be a country girl

Corntry girls make goo

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, that was pretty good.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

That's pretty amazing, I hope things work out.

Seriously. Combined this with cover cropping, no till farming, and limiting spraying and you could make something amazing happen in the soil health revolution.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

And apparently the best picture they were able to get of it was a blurry and poorly cropped photograph of a TV screen, taken at a weird angle. :psyduck:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Tiggum posted:

And apparently the best picture they were able to get of it was a blurry and poorly cropped photograph of a TV screen, taken at a weird angle. :psyduck:

Look at this guy, complaining loudly in the streets that his cat buttholes aren't being delivered in hi-def.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Just get a cat you perv.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Captain Monkey posted:

Just get a cat you perv.

Maybe that's not the best option, at least from the cat's point of view.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
A cat is fine too.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Captain Monkey posted:

Just get a cat you perv.

Found the perfect thing for you cat anus pervs.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Linked from the Ali frontpage

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001052248045.html

Oh cute a cuddly long cat that y

:prepop:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

gleebster posted:

Maybe that's not the best option, at least from the cat's point of view.

Any cat owner will tell you that a cat loves nothing more than to show you its butthole for no reason.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Sodium Chloride posted:

Found the perfect thing for you cat anus pervs.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Linked from the Ali frontpage

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001052248045.html

Oh cute a cuddly long cat that y

:prepop:

This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak purrformance looks like.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

quote:

Aria DiMezzo, who described herself on her Facebook page as a “polyamorous transgender Mississippian lesbian anarchist atheist Aria DiMezzo,” is now the GOP nominee for sheriff position of New Hampshire’s Cheshire County.

[---] she ran with the slogan, “F*** the police” as part of a Libertarian group.
https://heavy.com/news/2020/09/aria-dimezzo/

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:laffo:
Godspeed, hopefully everyone who votes solely based on the letter after the name will continue their good work.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

That's not that out of the ordinary for New Hampshire, especially that part of New Hampshire.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

South Dakota AG telephones police saying he hit a deer.

Actually he manslaughtered someone.

while driving home from a Trump fundraiser at a bar

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Any cat owner will tell you that a cat loves nothing more than to show you its butthole for no reason.

it's because kittens do that so their mothers can inspect their butt for any problems, and by domesticating cats we have made them neotenous, they retain some kitten traits their entire life

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/theheraldsun/status/1306004924086411265?s=21

In case they delete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

And they did