Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ethanol posted:

I played crossplay from ps4 on ffxiv, war thunder, and rocket league like 4 years ago.. mostly recently crossplayed cod mw with a party of people on pc

Rocket League only got PS4 crossplay last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Rocket League only got PS4 crossplay last year

oh yeah you're right about that

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Happy Hedonist posted:

Never mind Microsoft's history of loving over consumers by all means necessary.

Yeah, but they aren't now. If they start loving people over again, I'll stop supporting them. I'll support whoever is working towards making gaming better.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

shouldnt be a shock the company in the leading position wants to avoid crossplay, the reverse situation happened with the 360 and ps3 with sony pushing for it and microsoft refusing to. if youre expecting any company to operate in any capacity beyond "what makes us money" youre going to be very disappointed generally

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

drat i lost my chance to complete metro exodus ? not on game pass anymore

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah, but they aren't now. If they start loving people over again, I'll stop supporting them. I'll support whoever is working towards making gaming better.

They're all just companies, they don't need "support"

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I know everyone's tastes are very subjective but I always found the PS exclusive argument as the huge reason it was a better console really weak. I 100% admit they had more and better first party titles last generation but over the course of 7 years on this list all I feel I've missed out on is Bloodborne, Yakuza 6, Nioh 2, and Ghost of Tsushima.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_4-only_games

Missing out on four titles over seven years isn't a big deal to me. Thats not even factoring in how I'm able to play Forza, Ori, Sea of thieves etc on gamepass. I know most MS games go to PC as well but I only get consoles so I'm comparing games available on PS vs Xbox. After seeing the games line up of both consoles if MS flight sim (on console), Avowed, and Fable 4 deliver I think its already a better "exclusive" line up going into next gen. Again that's my personal tastes but I think the PS exclusives argument is really overblown for most people.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

agreed most people dont care which is why no one bought the xbox

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

They're all just companies, they don't need "support"

Do you think they just magically get money for being a company or something? They stay solvent by selling products that people want. If you give someone money, they will think you support what they are doing. If I don't agree with what someone is doing, I don't give them money. If enough people don't give them money, they have to change what they are doing. Microsoft wasn't selling as much as Sony, so they changed what they were doing.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Sep 10, 2020

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Seltzer posted:

I know everyone's tastes are very subjective but I always found the PS exclusive argument as the huge reason it was a better console really weak. I 100% admit they had more and better first party titles last generation but over the course of 7 years on this list all I feel I've missed out on is Bloodborne, Yakuza 6, Nioh 2, and Ghost of Tsushima.

Missing out on four titles over seven years isn't a big deal to me. Thats not even factoring in how I'm able to play Forza, Ori, Sea of thieves etc on gamepass. I know most MS games go to PC as well but I only get consoles so I'm comparing games available on PS vs Xbox. After seeing the games line up of both consoles if MS flight sim (on console), Avowed, and Fable 4 deliver I think its already a better "exclusive" line up going into next gen. Again that's my personal tastes but I think the PS exclusives argument is really overblown for most people.

OK but a bunch of people got the PS4 for a bunch of other games. Other than Bloodborne the ones you listed weren't the ones that sold systems.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

me in 2013: going to buy xbox because halo and forza are never coming to pc
thread in 2020: going to buy xbox because all its games are on other platforms

Cojawfee posted:

Do you think they just magically get money for being a company or something? They stay solvent by selling products that people want. If you give someone money, they will think you support what they are doing. If I don't agree with what someone is doing, I don't give them money. If enough people don't give them money, they have to change what they are doing.

do you realize how many ps4s were sold

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Do you think they just magically get money for being a company or something? They stay solvent by selling products that people want. If you give someone money, they will think you support what they are doing. If I don't agree with what someone is doing, I don't give them money. If enough people don't give them money, they have to change what they are doing.

thinking about microsoft not getting money this generation and the end result being the halo infinite footage and having a small laugh.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Seltzer posted:

Just wanna say that I'm pretty sure avowed and fable 4 are only teaser trailers at this point so not exactly a great argument to portray as an exclusive lineup. I mean if you're gonna start hyping up or declaring them as exclusives worth mentioning, at least wait until we get better hands on looks otherwise you're gonna look like the goons who hyped up Anthem after that brief totally marketed intro trailer.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Stux posted:

thinking about microsoft not getting money this generation and the end result being the halo infinite footage and having a small laugh.

lol

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Microsoft makes more then just Xbox’s and have been a trash company for years, but I repeat myself.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they should put gamepass on Switch imho

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

they should put gamepass on Switch imho

They should stop making hardware because they have never been good at it and stick to services on other platforms.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Seltzer posted:

over the course of 7 years on this list all I feel I've missed out on is Bloodborne, Yakuza 6, Nioh 2, and Ghost of Tsushima.

Missing out on four titles over seven years isn't a big deal to me.

Four titles out of 74 seems like you're writing off a lot of good games to me. What's the Xbox list look like?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox_One-only_games

11. Whoa. I must admit I'd love to play Rare Replay on the Switch someday, but that's quite a difference.

They were adamantly against it until Epic forced their hand with Fortnite

The same way Microsoft were against it last gen. It's always the platform with less players that wanted crossplay and stood to benefit the most. Is there anything Sony are still blocking Crossplay on?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Rad Valtar posted:

They should stop making hardware because they have never been good at it and stick to services on other platforms.

i love my switch :shrug:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Seedge posted:

Four titles out of 74 seems like you're writing off a lot of good games to me. What's the Xbox list look like?

11. Whoa. I must admit I'd love to play Rare Replay on the Switch someday, but that's quite a difference.

i think seltzer saying for them specifically they only care about those and the ms ones to them are more interesting is fine its the part at the end where tthey conclude "and so it doesnt apply to most other people either"

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

ethanol posted:

i love my switch :shrug:

I meant Microsoft. I also love my Switch.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Rad Valtar posted:

I meant Microsoft. I also love my Switch.

oh my bad m8 :hfive:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Ineffiable posted:

Just wanna say that I'm pretty sure avowed and fable 4 are only teaser trailers at this point so not exactly a great argument to portray as an exclusive lineup. I mean if you're gonna start hyping up or declaring them as exclusives worth mentioning, at least wait until we get better hands on looks otherwise you're gonna look like the goons who hyped up Anthem after that brief totally marketed intro trailer.

That's why I said "if they deliver". PS line up was essentially trailers and concepts as well.

Seedge posted:

Did you miss the part where I said games that are also on PC but not on ps are "exclusive to me" as I only buy consoles? People only looking at consoles are thinking can I play this on PS or can I play this on Xbox?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gamepass cant go on switch etc cause platform holders are not going to let them offer games they already sell or hurt their ability to offer copy cat subs in future.
Rumors were either a pipe dream or a tactic to portray xbox as the plucky underdog trying to do right by the gamers but mean other consoles got in the way

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Twerk from Home posted:

All consoles should be the size & form factor of the PSTV, or at least the super-slim PS2

ftfy

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Seltzer posted:

That's why I said "if they deliver". PS line up was essentially trailers and concepts as well.

sony got the last guardian and ff7 remake out somehow alongside getting all their new games out without major issues while microsoft chronically cancels games or turns them into crackdown 3. its much safer to bet that sony or nintendo actually put out the games they announce and in the state that they promised them than ms.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PSTV was so good, Sony did it dirty with the memory cards

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I will give sony money again when they do something with the Ape Escape IP and not a day before

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Seltzer posted:

Did you miss the part where I said games that are also on PC but not on ps are "exclusive to me" as I only buy consoles? People only looking at consoles are thinking can I play this on PS or can I play this on Xbox?

Then the page you linked with 74 games isn't accurate. It doesn't list games like Death Stranding and Street Fighter V because they're also on PC.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

kecske posted:

I will give sony money again when they do something with the Ape Escape IP and not a day before

finally a sane opinion thank you

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Stux posted:

sony got the last guardian and ff7 remake out somehow alongside getting all their new games out without major issues while microsoft chronically cancels games or turns them into crackdown 3. its much safer to bet that sony or nintendo actually put out the games they announce and in the state that they promised them than ms.

none the less the safest bet is always to wait at least a year or two into the generation. would have beena good rule for young ethan buying his first xbox one

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

PSTV was so good, Sony did it dirty with the memory cards

They also did it dirty by basically not supporting it almost immediately after launch (both in Japan in 2013 and in the rest of the world in 2014). It was some of the most state-of-the-art console hardware I ever used in terms of size/form factor and it just got wasted on the software side (I don't even mean the lack of games, I mean the other stuff like adding features and stuff like that). poo poo, I wouldn't be surprised if I found out I'm responsible for like half the information about the intricacies of how the PSTV works that's available online, because Sony themselves sure as gently caress didn't tell anyone.

Thom12255 posted:

People keep saying that Playstation is better because of their exclusive line up but honestly looking through it and I'm not interested in almost any of those games past or future.

What in the sweet gently caress do you play? Not judging, are you just all-in on Ubisoft games and EA Sports, that sort of thing?

Even if the majority of their exclusives don't appeal to you, they just have so loving many (especially if you're excluding PC from this equation) in a ton of different genres, what the gently caress more do you want from them?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

univbee posted:

They also did it dirty by basically not supporting it almost immediately after launch (both in Japan in 2013 and in the rest of the world in 2014). It was some of the most state-of-the-art console hardware I ever used in terms of size/form factor and it just got wasted on the software side (I don't even mean the lack of games, I mean the other stuff like adding features and stuff like that). poo poo, I wouldn't be surprised if I found out I'm responsible for like half the information about the intricacies of how the PSTV works that's available online, because Sony themselves sure as gently caress didn't tell anyone.

I'm still using mine regularly, the emulation on it is insane. The source ports of Quake 1/2 are also amazing and the homebrew scene in general. The power of it compared to its size and energy use/sound levels is insane.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ive been toying with the idea of going back through the e3's of 8th gen and making a vaporware list by publisher but its gonna be a lot of work

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Ive been toying with the idea of going back through the e3's of 8th gen and making a vaporware list by publisher but its gonna be a lot of work

Deep Dive :negative:

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

univbee posted:

Even if the majority of their exclusives don't appeal to you, they just have so loving many (especially if you're excluding PC from this equation) in a ton of different genres, what the gently caress more do you want from them?

Ghosts is the only game on that list that inter... oh poo poo Knack 2

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Seedge posted:

Then the page you linked with 74 games isn't accurate. It doesn't list games like Death Stranding and Street Fighter V because they're also on PC.

It also doesn’t include stuff that isn’t a paid exclusive, but comes out way earlier on PS4 due to PS4’s larger market share and international presence. A lot of them are niche but there are some heavy hitters like Persona 5 and Nier: Automata. Even remasters of old FF games took a while to come to XBox, and I think stuff like Dragon Quest Heroes never made it over.

I guess waiting paid off for DQ11 but most of the time whatever XBox gets is just the same thing, but late.

AdmiralViscen fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Sep 10, 2020

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'm sure it's still coming. :tinfoil:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Thom12255 posted:

Ghosts is the only game on that list that inter... oh poo poo Knack 2

again that list is nowhere close to complete because its missing all the ps4/pc only titles or ps4/switch titles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

it doesnt even have hzd on it lol, that game took 3 years to come to pc