Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

ChubbyChecker posted:

bobby jordan dmed d&d for his kids, so some of the stuff in his stories could very well be from his d&d sessions

*rolls*
"Ok Suzie your character just thought of a boy she likes and you're in the not-yet-given-a-nonsense-name dream realm so you know what that means..."
"My character's neckline 'swoops' downward papa?"
"You got it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
When I finished the first book "Eye of the World" the ending put me off-balance because I assumed the it would happen like four or five books in and to think that there are over a dozen books now.

That being said, confession time, I once attended a Wheel of Time LARP :cripes:

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Galewolf posted:

When I finished the first book "Eye of the World" the ending put me off-balance because I assumed the it would happen like four or five books in and to think that there are over a dozen books now.

ahahaha

thank you for this, i needed it

was there much tugging

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Galewolf posted:

Wheel of Time is weird because originally it was just supposed to be one book (which is why they actually get to the Eye of the World in the first novel) then it was supposed to be a trilogy (which is why Rand kills the main antagonist up to that point at the end of book 3) but after that is when it became just kind of open ended and meandering.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

muscles like this! posted:

Wheel of Time is weird because originally it was just supposed to be one book (which is why they actually get to the Eye of the World in the first novel) then it was supposed to be a trilogy (which is why Rand kills the main antagonist up to that point at the end of book 3) but after that is when it became just kind of open ended and meandering.

and rand was a later addition. originally the main character was the dad who had just come back from a war like the author

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
more like rand al'bore

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

ChubbyChecker posted:

yes, but humans don't really keep harems like chimps, so human males' genitals are tinier compared to size

gorillas are more monogamous than humans so their genitals are even smaller

Chimps don't keep harems; they live in mixed gender groups where males fight for position and access to females, and females endeavor to have sex with as many males in the group as possible to defend against infanticide. They aren't any less promiscuous than bonobos; just more aggressive. Gorillas aren't monogamous; the only monogamous primates are night monkeys. Gorillas do have a harem structure (as much as you can apply that framing to animal sexual behavior) mostly living in troops of one male to several adult females and their children. The actual theory about comparative dick sizes in great apes is that the less competition over mates that there is, the smaller the dick and that's why gorillas have the smallest.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

ChubbyChecker posted:

yes, but humans don't really keep harems like chimps, so human males' genitals are tinier compared to size

gorillas are more monogamous than humans so their genitals are even smaller

Humans have the biggest dicks of all the great apes my dude, all other apes are packing candy corn compared to us

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

Xenocides posted:

It portrayed him as a bit of an idiot expecting that when news of the massacre hit the press in Germany the people would condemn the wehrmacht’s actions. I am a bit mixed on that. Gandhi was sometimes very naive but I am not convinced he would be that naive.

“Hitler killed five million Jews. It is the greatest crime of our time. But the Jews should have offered themselves to the butcher’s knife. They should have thrown themselves in the sea from cliffs…. It would have aroused the world and the people of Germany…. As it is they succumbed anyway in their millions.”—Gandhi (if his biographer is correct)

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
lol shows what i know

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I see a lot of R.A.Salvatore talk here, but it's all Drizzt. I don't see a single post on everyone's favorite, forgotten, hero...Cadderly.

Somehow, I avoided all of the Drizzt stuff as a teen, but DID stumble upon the Cleric Quintent. Five books about a priest of Deneir, the god of art, literature, and knowledge (but not THE god of knowledge, that was the more popular Oghma.)

So Cadderly became "The Chose of Deneir" and therefore could literally cast any AD&D priest spell at any time, sort of no limit (it made him tired and, we later find out, ages him prematurely). But then when he was "done" his grand project of literally building a new temple/library of Deneir using the magic, and artificially aging himself to 100, he then gets de-aged back to, like, 25, I guess as some sort of thank you gift from his god.

And then the last book was full of vampires...just, like, an inordinate amount of vampires.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

No ring

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I think the author was Spider Johnson or Jones? My ex would not shut up about how great this one book of his was, about some bar in the middle of space with random people, like a woman who never aged, and it was the best book ever! And I read it because she wouldn't stop talking about it, but all I remember is being so horribly bored.

I think if more people kept pushing some of the bad fantasy poo poo, more people would read a little and then dip out.

I never read the Cave Bear books. A friend warned me about them, thankfully. Something about the main character getting raped a lot, having to abandon her kid, and then being the only woman to get the Super Hot Jock with the Biggest Dick so every woman hated her.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I still remember the general geography of Ansalon and I think it's fine that it's unnatural and weird because it's the result of Gods knocking an asteroid into the NE of the continent but Taladas is some dumb poo poo.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!

Cowslips Warren posted:

I think the author was Spider Johnson or Jones? My ex would not shut up about how great this one book of his was, about some bar in the middle of space with random people, like a woman who never aged, and it was the best book ever! And I read it because she wouldn't stop talking about it, but all I remember is being so horribly bored.

I think its Spider Jones. I just had someone recommend this author to me a month or so back so I'll consider this a bullet dodged.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Cowslips Warren posted:

I think if more people kept pushing some of the bad fantasy poo poo, more people would read a little and then dip out.
I liked those but I only read them as part of like... literal decades of an anthology sci-fi magazine my dad had managed to get me for Christmas one year when money was tight. There was a lot of good stuff in there, and a lot of mediocre stuff, and a lot of weird stuff that ranged in quality. So the spacetime bar was more fun as like, a 'returning friend' popping up between unrelated stories. I probably would have been a lot more bored reading it all at once. There was also a series of short stories I liked that featured uuuuh... a detective with a banana-like alien as a partner and they solved crimes together?

GB Luxury Hamper
Nov 27, 2002

Cowslips Warren posted:

I never read the Cave Bear books. A friend warned me about them, thankfully. Something about the main character getting raped a lot, having to abandon her kid, and then being the only woman to get the Super Hot Jock with the Biggest Dick so every woman hated her.

She gets raped in the first book by the rear end in a top hat neanderthal dude who hates her for being different. And everyone in the neanderthal clan is okay with it because rear end in a top hat is the future chief and Ayla is a weirdo, and because neanderthal women are expected to accept whenever any neanderthal man gives the sex command! But of course most of the neanderthal women enjoy the sex anyway because they're just wired that way!

So she has a kid and then is forced to leave him behind. The kid is occasionally mentioned in the later books, I think she has some visions about her half-neanderthal kid fighting the future spawn of Super Hot Jock? But she never seems to want to go back for him, which could have been more interesting than just about everything that happens in the last two books.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

runchild posted:

I read at least a half-dozen Dragonlance books as a kid, but the only one I even vaguely remember was Conundrum, the one about gnomes in a submarine exploring the underside of Ansalon. That’s right, the underside. The running joke was that the purpose of the expedition was to learn why very large rocks float, and I distinctly remember them looking up at the the continent from below. So I always assumed the fantasy setting with a floating continent was a flat world, not an actual planet.

Which is all to say I’m surprised to learn it had another hemisphere.

Why do I remember that this is because there were shrimp underneath the continent butting their heads to keep it afloat :gibs:

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

DrBouvenstein posted:

Somehow, I avoided all of the Drizzt stuff as a teen, but DID stumble upon the Cleric Quintent. Five books about a priest of Deneir, the god of art, literature, and knowledge (but not THE god of knowledge, that was the more popular Oghma.)

Was that the one with the extremely annoying Dwarf who wanted to be a Druid and only spoke in gibberish?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Re: harry turtledove:

I liked Clash of Arms
http://www.starshipsofa.com/blog/2013/07/30/starshipsofa-no-300-harry-turtledove/

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

The world map from the tabletop RPG Children of the Sun:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Rascar Capac posted:

The world map from the tabletop RPG Children of the Sun:

Show bobs and Krace

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!

Cowslips Warren posted:

Spider Robinson's "Callahan's Crosstime Saloon" series. Think "Cheers" but with nerd puns all over the place. The only book in the series I have any recollection of at all takes place in a whorehouse and has a scene where a native american man named "Many Hands" fixes a light bulb or something.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Deptfordx posted:

Was that the one with the extremely annoying Dwarf who wanted to be a Druid and only spoke in gibberish?

Doo-dad!

I think Doo-dad (instead of Druid,) Oi, and...uhh...maybe like two other words were all he could say.

And he had a brother who spoke normally, but I swear half his dialogue was just saying,
"Me Brudder!" when the other dwarf was in trouble.

The main priest also had, like, a super hot girlfriend. No, hotter than that. Hotter than you can DREAM of, apparently. Even the elves, who normally find all humans disgusting and gross, thought she was the hottest thing to ever grace Faerun. Also, she was a kick-rear end kung-fu master. Pages upon pages of describing her punching goblins in the face, spin kicks to the chests of orcs, etc., etc...

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Yeah, wasn't that series really bad? I mean even in terms of Dnd genre tie-in, really not good. I struggle to remember a single plot line or other character, but I definitely remember only reading a couple of them and deciding they weren't even worth teenage me's time and that was a low goddamn bar.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

Why do I remember that this is because there were shrimp underneath the continent butting their heads to keep it afloat :gibs:

I think that might have been a joke? Like, the character believed it but the joke was them jumping to conclusions? Or maybe it really is the way it works. Honestly I kind of love “major revelation about how this world works turns out to be stupider more bizarre than you could have guessed”.

This is making me consider re-reading Conundrum. There was a post way earlier in this thread where someone’s friend who owned a ton of Dragonlance books said it’s one of the only good ones. Might be worth a shot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I know I read a bunch of D&D novels when I was younger (Dragonlance, Ravenloft, Dark Sun and a couple of the Drz'zt ones) but I couldn't tell you anything about any of them.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Yeah Conundrum wasn’t that bad to be honest, if only because most of the band of protagonists die before the end

I say this as having reread it as an idiot teenager and having forgotten it existed for 15 years

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Deptfordx posted:

Yeah, wasn't that series really bad? I mean even in terms of Dnd genre tie-in, really not good. I struggle to remember a single plot line or other character, but I definitely remember only reading a couple of them and deciding they weren't even worth teenage me's time and that was a low goddamn bar.

Not great, kind of bland, and full of cliches.

Oh no, the main bad guy is, dun-dun-DUN, the protagonist's father! Didn't see that coming!

And, as mentioned, he is "The Chosen One," and also a super smart book nerd and engineer who literally makes a loving magical flashlight and uses a loving yo-yo as a weapon.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

did anyone else read george rr martin's wildcards series?

i read them when i was like 14 or 15 and being from england they ended up teaching me a shitload about american 20th century history.

the basic premise was in like 1950 an alien virus gets released on earth and it kills 90% of people, turns 9% of people into freaks with weird, lovely superpowers, and turns 1% into traditional superheroes. its called the 'wildcard' virus and the deformed people are called jokers and the heroes are called aces. i think its kind of a shared universe thing and so each book follows a whole bunch of different characters in different plot threads that kind of work together at the end.

then comes the weird stuff:

- the aliens who release the virus look like humans, except they're telepathic and dress like the three musketeers. they tested the virus on earth because they didn't want to test it on their own planet and humans were genetically similar for some reason.

- the one prominent black character is a like 'woke' pimp. he gets sex magic powers when a girl hes loving who is into tantric sex squeezes his dick really hard as hes about to nut and pushes the cum back up inside him. this awakens his powers and she gets really mad and jealous that he has sex magic powers when sex magic was her thing. he charges up his powers by squeezing the cum back into his body and it makes his forehead swell up like the head of a penis.

the main way the characters find out about an impending alien invasion is he fucks a corpse in the rear end and busts in it to bring it back to life and the corpse tells them about the aliens then immediately dies again. the sex magic guy is also homophobic and the main heroic telepathic alien gets offended when he meets the pimp and overhears the pimp thinking 'lord save us from faggots from space' (which is a direct quote, its stuck in my brain forever). the hero alien isn't gay, he just dresses in a lot of satin

- theres a female joker called roulette whose pussy has a chance to kill anyone she fucks by melting them

- theres a hosed up german kid called mack the knife whose power is he can make his hands vibrate fast enough to cut stuff. he is obsessed with slicing up womens genitals.

- theres an entire AIDS subplot where the government blocks like any effort to help the victims of the superpower virus because its a retrovirus and AIDS is a retrovirus and so somehow anything to help one would help both and people are too homophobic to help the superpower victims.

- a character called Succubus whose power is she turns into the ultimate fantasy of whoever is looking at her, but it also ages her super fast so when shes not being hosed she is a crippled old woman even though shes like chronologically a teenager. she just spends the whole time getting raped and molested and then i think dies being torn apart by an insanely horny crowd

- a jfk-type politician who is super friendly to the virus victims and is like their main hope for liberation but of course he turns out to have an evil mind controlling split personality called The Puppetmaster who like mind controlled his downs syndrome neighbour girl when he was a kid and made her have sex with him then bashed her head in with a rock

- the AIDS arc brings another black character, who is a gay cajun were-crocodile, who gets raped by a villain, and the villains main thing is like his hands are big clubs of bone or something and theres a lot of time devoted to saying how his penis is also like that

i liked the series overall as a kid and its made up of a looot of books and I think I only got up to like book 5 or 6 and so I have no idea how much more off the rails it goes. I think it was trying for the 'edgy real-world version of superheroes' that is super common now, but it did it a long time ago in print form. i dunno why 'realistic' has to mean rapey because there were a number of characters and storylines that weren't edgy and rape filled and were still realistic but were good fun. I cringed every time it got to one of the sex magic guy chapters because I really did not enjoy them at all.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Yeah but remember when kitiara gets stuck on the moon with the gnomes?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i read them when i was like 14 or 15 and being from england they ended up teaching me a shitload about american 20th century history.

the basic premise was in like 1950 an alien virus gets released on earth and it kills 90% of people, turns 9% of people into freaks with weird, lovely superpowers, and turns 1% into traditional superheroes. its called the 'wildcard' virus and the deformed people are called jokers and the heroes are called aces. i think its kind of a shared universe thing and so each book follows a whole bunch of different characters in different plot threads that kind of work together at the end.

then comes the weird stuff:

- the aliens who release the virus look like humans, except they're telepathic and dress like the three musketeers. they tested the virus on earth because they didn't want to test it on their own planet and humans were genetically similar for some reason.

- the one prominent black character is a like 'woke' pimp. he gets sex magic powers when a girl hes loving who is into tantric sex squeezes his dick really hard as hes about to nut and pushes the cum back up inside him. this awakens his powers and she gets really mad and jealous that he has sex magic powers when sex magic was her thing. he charges up his powers by squeezing the cum back into his body and it makes his forehead swell up like the head of a penis.

the main way the characters find out about an impending alien invasion is he fucks a corpse in the rear end and busts in it to bring it back to life and the corpse tells them about the aliens then immediately dies again. the sex magic guy is also homophobic and the main heroic telepathic alien gets offended when he meets the pimp and overhears the pimp thinking 'lord save us from faggots from space' (which is a direct quote, its stuck in my brain forever). the hero alien isn't gay, he just dresses in a lot of satin

- theres a female joker called roulette whose pussy has a chance to kill anyone she fucks by melting them

- theres a hosed up german kid called mack the knife whose power is he can make his hands vibrate fast enough to cut stuff. he is obsessed with slicing up womens genitals.

- theres an entire AIDS subplot where the government blocks like any effort to help the victims of the superpower virus because its a retrovirus and AIDS is a retrovirus and so somehow anything to help one would help both and people are too homophobic to help the superpower victims.

- a character called Succubus whose power is she turns into the ultimate fantasy of whoever is looking at her, but it also ages her super fast so when shes not being hosed she is a crippled old woman even though shes like chronologically a teenager. she just spends the whole time getting raped and molested and then i think dies being torn apart by an insanely horny crowd

- a jfk-type politician who is super friendly to the virus victims and is like their main hope for liberation but of course he turns out to have an evil mind controlling split personality called The Puppetmaster who like mind controlled his downs syndrome neighbour girl when he was a kid and made her have sex with him then bashed her head in with a rock

- the AIDS arc brings another black character, who is a gay cajun were-crocodile, who gets raped by a villain, and the villains main thing is like his hands are big clubs of bone or something and theres a lot of time devoted to saying how his penis is also like that

i liked the series overall as a kid and its made up of a looot of books and I think I only got up to like book 5 or 6 and so I have no idea how much more off the rails it goes. I think it was trying for the 'edgy real-world version of superheroes' that is super common now, but it did it a long time ago in print form. i dunno why 'realistic' has to mean rapey because there were a number of characters and storylines that weren't edgy and rape filled and were still realistic but were good fun. I cringed every time it got to one of the sex magic guy chapters because I really did not enjoy them at all.

that's quite an act, what do you call it?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

My first introduction to Feist was a book called Lady of the Acoma or something and it was about the other perspective of the Riftwar and all the political machinations that were happening inside the invading nation.

I remember really liking it, much more than the main books when I eventually got around to reading them.

Its a trilogy co written with Janny Wurts actually and yeah its actually good. Crosses over with Magician. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_Trilogy

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Barudak posted:

The cover is great, yeah.

One of the best details in the book is that there are cosplayer conventions in the reality of the critique writer where people dress up like Hitlers characters and the description is basically garishly colorful wehrmacht stuff.
:question:

juggalo baby coffin posted:

It's getting a TV show on Hulu! Chasing after that GoT money by people who I assume never read a word of Wildcards.

CynCyanide posted:

Spider Robinson's "Callahan's Crosstime Saloon" series. Think "Cheers" but with nerd puns all over the place. The only book in the series I have any recollection of at all takes place in a whorehouse and has a scene where a native american man named "Many Hands" fixes a light bulb or something.
I don't remember anything from Callahan's from when I read it as a teenager except for one scene. The protagonist, who is an obvious author insert, has sex with his pregnant wife on the roof of the saloon. After it, he spends several paragraphs describing the protagonist imagining his unborn baby saying hello to all the sperm that must be floating nearby and having a friendly conversation with them.

Spider Robinson is a sex-obsessed freak, there was a collection of short stories that a read way to young that had a bit of a theme:
  • Super hot women from the future time-travels to the present and seduces a virgin supernerd. Turns out she is a pornstar from the future and is recording the nerd's brain to sell the memory. The nerd figures this out after sex with her, breaks her recording gear, and the story ends with him victoriously pissing on it.
  • Couple has a multi-dimensional vortex in their house, when you are inside you can see translucent aliens from other dimensions. It gets more vivid as you get to the center of the house, where it turns out they have a gently caress-room where sensations bleed over between dimensions. So countless aliens synchronize their loving in the center of this vortex, including the human couple, for mind-blowing sex.
  • Another future traveler comes back to our present, but in the future society has evolved beyond disgust at the human body. So obviously future clothing has the crotch and armpits cut out and people no longer wear deodorant, because it's all acceptable and why not get a good wiff?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I just remembered Legend Entertainment developed a few adventure games based on some of the terrible franchises in this thread. They were ok for the most part despite being made for fans.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Nigmaetcetera posted:

No, I win because you care and I don’t. You really didn’t grow up in the 90’s, did you? The person who cares less about anything wins automatically.

are you the same nigma who got run out of the wow subforum for being really enthusiastic about rape ERP with non-consenting participants or was that another insanely lovely poster with a nigma-something style name

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

ChubbyChecker posted:

ahahaha

thank you for this, i needed it

was there much tugging

There was like maybe 3 girls out of 50 sweaty nerds so I think they were all Aes'Sedai (sic?) and true to my irl , they didn't talk to me :/

I was a random noble and there was a rival of me and things ended up getting so convoluted that the "important" (the Aes'Sedai and bunch of others) dominating the play.

I mean, it was quite nerdy but probably not nerdy as the Star Trek LARP we attended next year and my friend was a Klingon and he glued fusili wholewheat pasta to his forehead as his "prop" and I was playing a "deep Federation" diplomat trying to sabotage the peace talks and I gave the tracking codes of the Defiant to the Klingons and at the end the tabletop portion of the con playing Romulans came in as boarding party to "fake" attack both sides and one of our friends, a 6 foot 5 martial artist kneed one other friend in the crotch knocking him down because he was an uncoordinated caveman...

This fuckin' thread :negative:

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

my nerdy past was roleplaying on neverwinter nights servers when i was 13 or 14. i feel very innocent in retrospect because i was maybe one of two people who wasnt just in it to ERP extremely bizarre permutations of werewolves and million year old dragons who looked like little girls.

in terms of what i read my dad started me off right with the hobbit, then the earthsea quartet (i lost interest towards the end cause stuff started to get weird, like there was some sort of misogynist manor or something where women had to go in through a doggy door or something? in retrospect i think it was more some type of feminist allegory that was totally lost on an 8 year old boy). i was also really into Howl's Moving Castle and those related books by dianna wynne jones. they whipped.

i read a lot of the redwall books when i was very young and i remember like playing redwall games in the playground with a few other kids who had read them. I think i was 6 at that point and I thank whatever gods there are that I lost interest in them around the time one about otters came out that was totally unrelated to the characters and places I liked. i dunno if i would have ended up as a furry but i think there would have been substantial cringe if i'd been into redwall as a teen.

i was really into the edgewood chronicles, which were about sky pirates on some floating islands and were surprisingly dark in a lot of places. Mortal Engines was more sci-fi but it completely whipped rear end, had one of the coolest protagonists ever, a girl who got her face hella chopped and lives for revenge and was raised by a killer cyborg from ancient history. the movie naturally changed her from being horrifically disfigured and blind in one eye to being super hot with a small scar, which kind of fucks up her character arc. that series had one of the most moving endings ever and i'm not too proud to say I cried at it.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

That was the quote that came to mind when I remember how naive he could be but I figured the shine on that naïveté might have worn off by the time the Nazis hypothetically rolled into India. Maybe not though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I know I missed Dragonlance chat but I remember reading the original trilogy in 6th grade and thinking it was the coolest thing ever. It was the first fantasy I had read that wasn't classical mythology or Narnia. One of the my favorite characters was the wizard Fizban. Afterwords I picked up whatever was right next to it on the fantasy paperback rack and within 10 pages they meet the wizard Zifnab and I just noped out immediately.