Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RamboMoe
Aug 12, 2005

This account was a birthday gift from my brother. I wanted an RC car. Fuck you.

artism posted:

Yes, but he also appears to just get after it on one lift per day which I think is the key. High effort and fatigue management etc.

I do one lift per day, 7 days a week. Squat variation every other day and bench variation the days between. Deadlifts after squat about twice a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Man I haven't watched Juji's videos in forever. Dude is taking all the steroids now.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
drat juji is real big now also he looks like hes aged 15 years

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I think my conditioning is kinda poo poo if a set of squats for 12@9.5 does this to me

:rip:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

probably need more calf work

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
Wow rude, you don't just point out my biggest weakness like that. :catbert:

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
idk, looks peachy to me :wiggle:

in other straight news, I'm opting out of the absurd "4x price for weights" race going on in my local marketplace and buying some concrete mix soon. God bless my brother-in-law (stationed in Okinawa for another couple years) for lending me his standard barbell, at least I'll be able to make a couple hundred pounds of weights to fill the void in my gymless heart.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I've actually been seeing some fairly normal prices around here the past few days, at least for dumbbells. If I wasn't poor af I'd jump at them. Any listings asking insane prices have been up for weeks.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

nooneofconsequence posted:

probably need more calf work

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Helios Grime posted:

I think my conditioning is kinda poo poo if a set of squats for 12@9.5 does this to me

p sure that's what 12@9.5 is supposed to look like

I've actually been seeing some fairly normal prices around here the past few days, at least for dumbbells. If I wasn't poor af I'd jump at them. Any listings asking insane prices have been up for weeks.

i thought that a couple times but it was always just a few people being nice and selling poo poo at reasonable prices, everything like that gets snapped up quickly and the market looks like poo poo again the next day

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

I wanna trade these stupid rear end octagonal plates for some nice round ones. I wonder if anyone would take me up on it if I posted on FB Marketplace.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Got an angle grinder?

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Seriously need some golden calves gang tags

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

bomb posted:

Seriously need some golden calves gang tags

I thought Moses put a stop to that whole golden calf thing.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Batterypowered7 posted:

I thought Moses put a stop to that whole golden calf thing.

Skinny leggers have been oppressing us for thousands of years

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I just need to keep losing weight and eventually my calves are gonna look huuuuuuuuuge

God bless 10+ years of being over 250+ lbs

Necronormiecon
Mar 12, 2019

Farewell, sweet Nerevar. Better luck on your next incarnation.
Calf havers ✊

I wasn’t even fat for that long, but it did leave me with monster calves [as well as a deformed mattress]: https://imgur.com/a/aeU9HrG

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

Nap Ghost
you seem to have some kind of weird growth on your lower legs, might want to get those looked at

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

I have this print in my janky garage gym.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

turd in my singlet posted:

you seem to have some kind of weird growth on your lower legs, might want to get those looked at

Mine get looked at all the time trust me.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

A million thanks to the goons that recommended lifting my bench an inch so I could press better. Such an obvious fix, and it made benching 100% more comfortable today.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Helios Grime posted:

you forgot to share what 30 rep squats did to you

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

straighten out those wrists boi

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
I don't think I will boomer.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Clarence would be so disappointed

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
Clarance is Vegan and that is like cheating and I ain't no cheater.

artism
Nov 22, 2011

Who are the cool lifters these days other than Eric Bugenhagen? I remember really liking Alan Thrall and Clarence0; Pete Rubish/Leeman/Chris Hickson from before but it appears the latter three are gone. Oh wait no Pete is still around, nice. Since I’m just starting to train again I get really psyched from all this stuff

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

Nap Ghost
Greg Nuckols (Stronger By Science)

Barbell Medicine

uh probably some other peoiple, Mike Tuscherer probably

artism
Nov 22, 2011

Nice already deep into Barbell Medicine. Are they the innovators of auto regulation, or just the popularizers? These were not widely-known concepts in 2012/13 from what I remember. I’ll be sure to check out the other guys, too

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

Nap Ghost
BBM got their RPE system from Mike T

autoregulation in general is v popular nowadays, there are tons of different ways to program it. Nuckol's Average to Savage 2 base program has a very interesting concept where you start with a lower RPE (@5-6) and just repeat sets at that weight until you're tired enough that the sets become noticeably harder (@7-8). Renaissance Periodization's bodybuilding programs use an RPE "target" with open-ended sets where you just keep doing reps until you hit that RPE target (weight should be selected so that happens in a reasonable number of reps)

idk i'm rambling i'm supposed to be stuyding right now

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Martins' latest video featured someone getting seriously injured doing stupid crossfit poo poo. Was funny.

nooneofconsequence fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 5, 2020

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Martins' latest video featured someone getting seriously injured doing stupid crossfit poo poo. Was funny.

Were they kipping some pull-ups?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Nah some dude dropped a 100 lb munitions shell directly on his hand during some relay thing at the end of some dumb crossfit medley in those bigass bomb defusing outfits to be ~badass~. He was an army dude so doubly funny.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

So my right knee has been acting up, but not while working out at all. I can't sit cross-legged on the floor, nor can I cross my leg while sitting at a chair (so my ankle rests on my left knee and my right leg is parallel to the ground), because it makes that knee ache. Also, putting weight on it directly in certain situations (knee on the bed, trying to reach for something, for example) makes it ache. Squats and deadlifts don't make it hurt at all, and it's entirely pain free unless I do one of the above. Not sure what's going on.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

sounds like you need to lift more

chupacabron
Oct 30, 2004

sounds like you need to lift more

seconding. Lifting usually fixes those kinds of things for my creaky computer-touching body

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

republicans stripped more checks out of their relief proposal. Looks like no squat rack for me this year

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Just make your own out of junkyard scraps.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

I went to check out homegym on reddit just to see what kinda in stock tracker they had or maybe budget home tips and it's like 90% people posting their $4k rogue setup going "oh gee it's not much but it's a start" gently caress off.

Way back before the pandemic it was somewhat interesting. People linking to deals, etc. now it's just reddit bullshit karma farming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Vim Fuego posted:

Way back before the pandemic it was somewhat interesting. People linking to deals, etc. now it's just reddit bullshit karma farming

Getting orders done is kinda annoying at the moment.
We waited a day to clear something up (replacing red comp plates with blue ones to get them earlier) and someone got them before us cause their system doesn't reserve products until the offer has been accepted, so we only got like 2 pairs for now instead of like 10. And this wasn't even for listed items, we were directly communicating with the salesperson at the time.

At least we got some bars and an Echo Bike