Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Egg Moron posted:

lol if i didn't check this thread I would have never known. That would have been the top story on any given day in like 1998

lol what a shitshow

DRAIN the muthafwiggin SWAMP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

News so buried in a lovely year few will even poke fun at the last name.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Laterite posted:

Seems like Sioux City-Omaha-Lincoln-Des Moines wouldn't be bad options either, climate-wise. Just don't live too close to the Platte or Missouri rivers when springtime floods jump the levees.

Don't you fuckers loving dare, you stay the gently caress out, we just built a brand new bus line

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

https://i.imgur.com/A9zKkDI.mp4

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

lol

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

So the Oregon thing is because of a rumor going around Facebook spread by right-wing sites that ‘Antifa’ is starting fires

same poo poo happens in every major natural disaster or other breakdown of order these days, especially in chudlands

the instant that the authorities get overwhelmed, the milita-inclined types start spreading rumors of evil leftist outsiders committing crimes. it's just to provide themselves with an excuse to take to the streets with guns to hunt down anyone they dislike (mostly minorities) while emergency services are busy elsewhere

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

needs some cascade volcanoes going off too

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

so exactly how much CO2 are these wildfires giving off and how do they compare to one individual person trying their best to reduce their individual consumption

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Thesaurus posted:

How about Milwaukee? What's it like?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Main Paineframe posted:

same poo poo happens in every major natural disaster or other breakdown of order these days, especially in chudlands

the instant that the authorities get overwhelmed, the milita-inclined types start spreading rumors of evil leftist outsiders committing crimes. it's just to provide themselves with an excuse to take to the streets with guns to hunt down anyone they dislike (mostly minorities) while emergency services are busy elsewhere

reminder that facebook literally facilitated a genocide in myanmar from this poo poo and were forced to admit it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
A Gender Reveal? At this time of year, in these dry conditions, in this part of the country, located in the brush during a 100f heatwave?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
i just told my family we aren’t going to Boise. The winds have shifted and now the AQI is going to be worse in Boise than Pomona lmao. Cool country we have here.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

so exactly how much CO2 are these wildfires giving off and how do they compare to one individual person trying their best to reduce their individual consumption

look, if everyone would just extinguish ten square feet of wildfire, we could be wildfire neutral within a decade!

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

SKULL.GIF posted:

Nvm let me half assed math this

Edit. Okay so the 2017 British Columbia fires burned 1.2 million hectares, and is estimated to put out very roughly 150 million tons of CO2

The current fires are at 1.3 million hectares, so over 150 million tons.

Telsa Cola has issued a correction as of 06:04 on Sep 11, 2020

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

this is the red letter media set, isn't it? what episode is it from?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TeenageArchipelago posted:

this is the red letter media set, isn't it? what episode is it from?

It's the inside of the Wisconsin governor's mansion

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Telsa Cola posted:

Nvm let me half assed math this

Edit. Okay so the 2017 British Columbia fires burned 1.2 million hectares, and is estimated to put out very roughly 150 million tons of CO2

The current fires are at 1.3 million hectares, so over 150 million tons.

Australias Black Summer bushfires earlier this year are estimated to have burnt more than 18 million hectares and released between 650 million and 1.2 billion tonnes of carbon dioxide. Australia annual emissions are around 531 million tonnes in a normal year.

https://www.climatecouncil.org.au/resources/summer-of-crisis/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%80%9320_Australian_bushfire_season

Helith has issued a correction as of 06:45 on Sep 11, 2020

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

this week has been so loving insane that DC is flooded and it literally doesn't even make the news.

IT ISN'T EVEN FRIDAY YET.
[well I guess technically its Friday now on the east coast but still WHAT THE gently caress will tomorrow bring!?]

e: sorry thought this was trump thread but uh yeah point remains

Crunchy Black has issued a correction as of 06:53 on Sep 11, 2020

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

When you can't get a zombie apocalypse as your excuse to kill people freely you turn to the next best thing.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

SpudCat posted:

When you can't get a zombie apocalypse as your excuse to kill people freely you turn to the next best thing.

extended family got the order to evacuate, the husband is staying behind to "shoot looters"

just cant imagine the mind set where you put your life in danger to end the life of others to protect your material chotchkies

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

kazr posted:

extended family got the order to evacuate, the husband is staying behind to "shoot looters"

just cant imagine the mind set where you put your life in danger to end the life of others to protect your material chotchkies

he wants to shoot black people op

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

kazr posted:

chotchkies which are likely to burn to ash

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

A plane and bus loaded with antifa looters/arsonists is currently en route to your uncle's house to take his microwave and TV. I hope he's prepared. Imagine the movie Zulu, but with black clad antifa

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I love the word chotchkies, it's so satisfying to say out loud.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

my cat is norris posted:

I love the word chotchkies, it's so satisfying to say out loud.

Yeah I really don’t want to know if it’s got racist undertones or something.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/AlbertRamonTV/status/1304245074017083392
https://mobile.twitter.com/dayronperezwx/status/1304054124091248646
https://mobile.twitter.com/hurricanejourn/status/1304051640740147202

2020¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

save us el nino!

"i am el nino"
-chris farley

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

ironically we have seen multiple systems getting affected by shear this year in the Atlantic (Marco is the big one)

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

HelloSailorSign posted:

Yeah I really don’t want to know if it’s got racist undertones or something.

good news, it doesn't! from Ukrainian / Yiddish use

anyway RIP to California but maybe a wet winter will damp down The OR/WA fire complexes

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

SKULL.GIF posted:

wildfires emit ~5 - 10% of our yearly CO2 contributions. or used to, anyway.

kazr posted:

pff, maybe u neoliberal marxists don't understand the value of what i call my material conditions but this here furby is worth more than ur entire soul.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

so much for draining the swamp.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
really really loving hate chuds!!

https://kval.com/news/local/sheriff-springfield-man-tried-to-start-fire-at-dexter-frisbee-golf-course-this-week

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/afreedma/status/1304465761625350146

hell yeah smokephoon

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Imagine getting lung cancer from second hand smoke hitting your lungs at 185 mph

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

just only plant those pine trees i guess
bing bong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

So when do we switch to building houses with stucco walls and terra cotta tiles for the roof? These timber framed houses are basically made of matchsticks at this point.