Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

!Klams posted:

They eat your ....ugh, yellow bar super fast though. Anyone else find that usually you can't press circle to descend with iron man? It's super annoying when you want to land quickly so that you can dodge (which is in itself counter intuitive) and he just won't go down... Man. His flight is so cack.

/edit: This was a right Debbie downer post! I loving love this game and am gutted I'm in the last level. MODOK HYPE!

Tap X once when you want to drop quick. Circle is more for altitude adjustment, tapping X puts you in free fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do you need to advance the Initiative story to unlock Hives? I keep reading about how great they are for leveling quick but haven't seen one.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Aphrodite posted:

Do you need to advance the Initiative story to unlock Hives? I keep reading about how great they are for leveling quick but haven't seen one.

Yeah.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

what are people doing with black widow? i tried doing an overcharge build but i wasn't getting enough healing and now i'm trying an invisibility build but it feels a little clunky.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Namaer posted:

what are people doing with black widow? i tried doing an overcharge build but i wasn't getting enough healing and now i'm trying an invisibility build but it feels a little clunky.

Heavy Pistol, focus on comboing and charged headshots when available and use invis to break out of tough spots.

Estel
May 4, 2010

Empress Brosephine posted:

The tip about Iron man and getting rockets right away is probably the best tip. Such a difference.

The second tip is once you have the Missiles unlock Lasers. This also unlocks Photon Samurai and it eats the intrinsic bar but it gives you a really big multi-hit AOE attack.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Namaer posted:

I have an Overcharge build that focuses on using her sub-machine guns to build up the meter quickly and also stuns enemies super quick, so I can use takedowns like crazy which I have set to drop heroic orbs so I can pop off my abilities like no tomorrow.

It’s pretty broken and it took a lot of time to get going (you have to have her be in her 20’s for all that stuff to work) but she has never been downed once I got the build running.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Namaer posted:

Bounce around, focus on stun with takedown giving heroic orbs, use the iframes with shock bolts to interrupt attacks, use invisibility when hurt and chain more takedowns to heal.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you build for Heroic orbs, and Intrinsic/Crit stuff you can get drat near close to perma-stealth while in combat.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Namaer posted:

SMGs and stun stun stun. Her grapple is perfect for getting in close and quick for a take down.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Basically every character's endgame play revolves around maximizing stun and getting heroic orbs from takedowns.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I ended up liking the game more that I thought I would based on my weekend beta impressions. If I hadn't got a free copy through that Verizon promotion I probably never would've touched it again but I liked the campaign ok and I think Thor is super fun to play so I'll probably keep it around for a little while. Plus some of the jank can be funny:

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

That Darkhold exotic artifact for beating all missions is rubbish. I guess it could be useful if you play Hulk and drain health for heroics then get it back with Rage? It seems practically worthless.

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

My buddy basically just wants to dick around this game in multiplayer and went straight into the Avengers Initiative after finishing the intro mission.

He's not gonna get costumes from the single player story but outside of that does anyone know if he's going to run into issues?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Chomposaur posted:

My buddy basically just wants to dick around this game in multiplayer and went straight into the Avengers Initiative after finishing the intro mission.

He's not gonna get costumes from the single player story but outside of that does anyone know if he's going to run into issues?

Technically he shouldn't suffer any penalties for having done so but the game is a bit of a house of cards at the moment so who knows what might break. Might want to check that he has access to the SHIELD and other MP mission chains in case those go off finishing Reassemble but otherwise I can't think of anything.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Chomposaur posted:

He’s not going to get to fight MODOK. I think that counts as an issue.

I mean, maybe they’re in some multiplayer missions but everything about him in the story mode was a delight for a marvel nerd like me.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I mean, maybe they’re in some multiplayer missions but everything about him in the story mode was a delight for a marvel nerd like me.

Yeah, he's my favourite Marvel character (or maybe Madrox the multiple man) and I was always sad that he's impossible to film, and too niche and too weird to really ever show up anywhere high profile and then THIS! It really is magnificent!

Dr. Bonertron
Mar 26, 2009

The doctor said I was too muscular to be aborted
https://i.imgur.com/efsqne8.mp4 no one presses a button quite like the hulkster

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What’s the fastest way to level?

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

fadam posted:

What’s the fastest way to level?

I've found hives and priority missions to be pretty fast. For the fastest leveling I think the HARM wave missions are best but you don't make any progress on gear power.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I got the game. Despite being third person instead of isometric it does scratch that Marvel Heroes itch. I hope they go off the rails in the same way and just add dozens of characters over time. "Non-avengers? Sure. Existing villains and NPCs somehow playable and meeting themselves? Who cares, just let people play them"

So far only Future Fight, a mobile game, lets you play as MODOK. I challenge the developers to step up to the plate and correct this eventually.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I got the game. Despite being third person instead of isometric it does scratch that Marvel Heroes itch. I hope they go off the rails in the same way and just add dozens of characters over time. "Non-avengers? Sure. Existing villains and NPCs somehow playable and meeting themselves? Who cares, just let people play them"

So far only Future Fight, a mobile game, lets you play as MODOK. I challenge the developers to step up to the plate and correct this eventually.

Not the same but Marvel VS Capcom 3 has MODOK as a fighter.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
So I'm only a few hours in, but my impressions so far are that the game is fun, with a lot of janky poo poo that should've been ironed out pre-release.
The chars I've tried so far all feel pretty coool, but I haaaaate Iron Man's flight, it feels loving awful and slow and unresponsive. Was hoping it would feel much more powerful & "weighty". Like, the feeling of the flight andm ovement was the one thing Anthem actually nailed, and I was hoping it felt more like that.

I also really loving wish devs would learn that restricting move speed in hub areas is horrible and nobody ever, ever likes it. I dunno why it keeps getting put in games because it's just universally annoying as hell.

So far I'm enjoying the story though, I'm really liking AIM guy's slow transformation into MODOK which is an angle I wasn't expecting.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

So far I'm enjoying the story though, I'm really liking AIM guy's slow transformation into MODOK which is an angle I wasn't expecting.

I was hyped from it the second I heard “Tarleton”

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Romes128 posted:

Not the same but Marvel VS Capcom 3 has MODOK as a fighter.
I forgot about that. That was a delightful roster pick.

The game on PC is even buggier than I was expecting. I think it has a memory leak issue or something because I always start out fine and then performance slowly gets worse over time until I crash. Hopefully they can get some bug fixes out soon.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Oh yea like everyone's already mentioned, the sound mixing is reaaaally bad.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Oh yea like everyone's already mentioned, the sound mixing is reaaaally bad.

This is the only game where I turned subtitles off cause they're horrible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The real metagame in this is "Which of these challenges can I do in the HARM tutorial?"

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

this Iron Man mission in a large canyon full of rocket launchers sure does suck poo poo.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Karma Tornado posted:

this Iron Man mission in a large canyon full of rocket launchers sure does suck poo poo.

I believe the thread advice was that if you just boost forward you can get moving fast enough they can't track you, which is more successful than actually trying to deal with the launchers.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Zaodai posted:

I believe the thread advice was that if you just boost forward you can get moving fast enough they can't track you, which is more successful than actually trying to deal with the launchers.

Yeah, I wound up doing that and eventually made it. One missile followed me with a dogged determination that I could almost respect

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Ran into an annoying bug, hoping someone has a solution. In one of the first missions, Kamala has to knock out some security cameras or something for Bruce in the Chimera lab. I knock em all out but when I get back to the table and Bruce nothing happens. I guess a cutscene is supposed to play but nope, we just stand there like dopes. Anyone run into this and found a workaround? Currently reinstalling and hoping that fixes it.

Grem fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 11, 2020

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

Orv posted:

Technically he shouldn't suffer any penalties for having done so but the game is a bit of a house of cards at the moment so who knows what might break. Might want to check that he has access to the SHIELD and other MP mission chains in case those go off finishing Reassemble but otherwise I can't think of anything.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Thank you! Yeah I loved the story mode but I think right now he's basically only looking to gently caress around on Thor for 30 minutes after he puts his kid to sleep, so just gonna see how far we can get with multiplayer alone.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Is there a way to respec my build, OR will I get enough points to unlock every skill? A yes to either of those is fine, a no to both is going to ruin me.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Zutaten posted:

Is there a way to respec my build, OR will I get enough points to unlock every skill? A yes to either of those is fine, a no to both is going to ruin me.

At max level you have enough points to max out every skill

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Grem posted:

Ran into an annoying bug, hoping someone has a solution. In one of the first missions, Kamala has to knock out some security cameras or something for Bruce in the Chimera lab. I knock em all out but when I get back to the table and Bruce nothing happens. I guess a cutscene is supposed to play but nope, we just stand there like dopes. Anyone run into this and found a workaround? Currently reinstalling and hoping that fixes it.

Generally reloading a checkpoint (or quitting and starting the game if not possible) will clear those glitches. I've had a few in various places. Reinstalling the whole game is an odd first choice.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Mr Beens posted:

Generally reloading a checkpoint (or quitting and starting the game if not possible) will clear those glitches. I've had a few in various places. Reinstalling the whole game is an odd first choice.

And, yeah, it happens a fair amount. I've been cheated out of getting quest-chain exclusive rewards too, the game is hella buggy. My wife was watching the credits after I finished it and was like "How can the credits be so bad, they know the hardware and it's just some text?" I had no answer.

Anyone know how that's possible? Like the framefrate on the end credits is AWFUL. And, yeah, HOW? I'm gonna go ahead and assume that it involves someone doing tons of coke, stalking and murdering someone, with a splash of #MeToo, as all these big budget Dev fiasco stories tend to devolve into eventually.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zutaten posted:

Yes you’ll have enough points to max everything. Well, you SHOULD, but there’s a missing skill point bug going around right now...

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I lolled when Kamala put on "Flight of Icarus" as the theme for Tony's starboost launch.

Then the sound ruined the moment because you could barely hear the song behind Stark's max volume heavy breathing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

that sequence was so loving weird. I couldn’t tell what the hell the controls were or what it wanted me to do, and the input lag and feedback is so poor it was nearly impossible to tell if what I was doing was actually affecting anything or if it was the wrong input. also I don’t know if there was supposed to be like, a backdrop but it was basically just a black screen with vague clouds flying by until the space station shows up. and yeah the sound mixing was so bad you could barely hear the music

it’s really fascinating what a state most of the game is in including some of what should be it’s big set pieces. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like it in a released game. and I own Enter the Matrix.