Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I don't think it was posted over in this thread, so I'll let you guys in on the good news.

https://twitter.com/machikado_staff/status/1298998894378942467?s=21

The best anime you didn't watch last spring, Machikado Mazoku, is getting a second season. No dates or anything announced yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
most people didn't watch it in the spring, when you think about it. fairly standard reaction to a summer show

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ganbare, Shamiko, IMO

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower posted:

most people didn't watch it in the spring, when you think about it. fairly standard reaction to a summer show

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Well Shenmue is getting an anime for some reason.
https://twitter.com/segadriven/status/1302021892241530886?s=19

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Someone, somewhere, really loves that franchise, huh?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes me

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Crunchyroll announced the second season of, uh, shield hero for 2021

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Waffleman_ posted:

Hey, Shield Hero has a good OST. It's made by the same guy who did the Made in Abyss soundtrack.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Well that's definitely a better way of finishing the story than making more games.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
THRILL! As a teenage boy plays gatcha games and asks everyone he meets where sailors hang out!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Mirage posted:

THRILL! As a teenage boy plays gatcha games and asks everyone he meets where sailors hang out!

CHILL! as he takes care of a kitten and then plays Space Harrier at the local arcade.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I look forward to episodes focusing on capsule toy collection, forklift-racing, and failing to sneak through a warehouse every night for a month.

I'm actually really curious to see how it goes and looking forward to this. It's me, I'm the person who wants a Shenmue anime :stwoon:.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Mostly this just makes me want a Yakuza anime.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

a shenmue anime would need the energy of P4A to really work and i'm not sure they'll go that far

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Waffleman_ posted:

The fans are gonna love it when they fight a giant turtle for about 5 solid episodes.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Sindai posted:

We've already got Hinamatsuri.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

sinky posted:

We've already got Hinamatsuri.
Hinamatsuri doesn't have Takaya Kuroda's smooth baritone (or I think he qualifies as proper bass?) voice, though, so I'd say it's quite the downgrade. :colbert:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'm enjoying the adventures of Anus Boldgoat against the mysterious Avos Dillhaver in Misfit.

It's just filler but it's fun filler.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm actually looking forward to seeing how the big Seven vs Juzo fight is going to play out in No Guns Life. They've done a good job inferring that the Gun Slave Units at full strength are going to be absolutely stupidly-powerful, rather than just going to 11 at the series finale out of nowhere. Considering what's been seen in the more serious fights so far has just been basic autonomous self-defense protocols to get around the lack of a Hands, I expect they're probably gonna turn out to be walking WMD's that level entire cities rather than just heavy artillery units or something.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sindai posted:

Yakuza would probably end up as a live action drama before it's an anime

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Yakuza would probably end up as a live action drama before it's an anime

There's already a stage play.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there are several live-action adaptations of the yakuza games, including a live action tv drama adaptation of the psp spinoff games

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1302804538043236354?s=20

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

To Your Eternity waiting for this show to air

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

I know that COVID-19 has hosed up a lot of anime production, but has their been any other anime that's been delayed when they were only a month away from premiering?

I hope HnY doesn't get delayed because of everything going on

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yes, like a dozen shows last season got delayed a week or two before the season or in a few cases after they started airing

a month beforehand is a pretty normal time to announce delays since its when the tv schedules get locked in and all the shows that are on schedule release a new PV announcing their start date. anything that doesn't is probably behind schedule.

Tales of Woe fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Sep 7, 2020

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Jesus christ I miss Kekkai Sensen. Is there nothing left to adapt; no impetus for further seasons?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

there's been like four? volumes of the manga released since its second season came out, one just came out a couple days ago.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think the second season was very successful or did much to boost manga sales tho

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
kekkai sensen s2 felt more carried by the material it was adapting than like it enhanced it in any way

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Draxion posted:

there's been like four? volumes of the manga released since its second season came out, one just came out a couple days ago.

Eight as of four days ago, according to Wikipedia. Blood Blockade Battlefront Back 2 Back hasn't even been localized by Dark Horse, and they dropped BBB like a hot potato after Volume 7 originally. They likely only did the rest because the anime happened.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kekkai Sensen, like Baccano, was too cool for this world.
(I should read the Baccano LNs yes?)

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Grouchio posted:

Kekkai Sensen, like Baccano, was too cool for this world.
(I should read the Baccano LNs yes?)

follow your heart imo

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Re Zero S2 is now the most currently watched series on Netflix Japan.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

lol at Uzaki doing an anime-original ep that's a blatant tourism advertisement.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.siliconera.com/the-world-ends-with-you-anime-first-episode-september-twewy-anime-episode-1/

There's going to be a preview of the The World Ends With You anime's first episode next week.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Droyer posted:

lol at Uzaki doing an anime-original ep that's a blatant tourism advertisement.

The airport in the last episode looked like they just used photos from the real airport and stuck the characters into them.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The airport in the last episode looked like they just used photos from the real airport and stuck the characters into them.

Let us just get a cup of coffee next to these large standies of detective Conan.

Let us examine the places we might go next to these large posters of detective Conan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
By the way, I'm going to start working on the Autumn season thread next weekend, so if there are any thread title recommendations, be sure to throw them out here.

For reference here are the new shows:

https://anichart.net/Fall-2020

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2020/fall