Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
One of the queens was apparently behind the parody series "Rapal Dark Res"

I love when internet poo poo posters cross over into the TV world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
That was Roem behind Rapal Dark Res.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
i watch one drat drag race video on youtube the same day i see CDR up for sale on amazon because I figured it was behind one of their stupid subscription things which makes it unwatchable on a tv, and youtube decides to recommend several videos about who won, thanks algorithm

this is already better than s12 and as5 though so good on you cdr

e: oh, and this is where they hid the good lipsyncs of 2020 also, excellent

Zvahl fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Sep 9, 2020

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Anastarzia's finale look was just heart-eyes territory for me. Loved it!

https://twitter.com/Anaquway/status/1303221202870099969

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Starzy, Ilona, and Priyanka's finale looks were :discourse: :love:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Ilona's look was lovely, and the message along with it is absolutely worth looking into.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEke1mEJCRn/

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

how do you have an ex-drag mother

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

luminalflux posted:

there coulda been a massive emotional falling-out and the drag mother is no longer in her life, perhaps? it sounds like Ilona has gone through a massive amount of life changes recently, and sometimes it's necessary to cut people out of your life during those changes if the person has been an unhealthy influence.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

luminalflux posted:

Okay this is social media hearsay, but it's what her drag mother posted as a story on instagram.

Someone was nice enough to transcribe the whole thing, since it's like 25 or whatever of those frames (i don't use instagram I am dumb sorry)

Ok bitch I'm not one to try... I even deleted my posts earlier to protect her but how dare you attack me then try to play the victim... Maybe you can get away with this poo poo with other people but I am not the one.. so here it is.

About Ilona

I was gonna drop it and move on but hearing that she's been spreading more lies is too much... Like girl before you went in the show you planned everything out and it was so contrived, that pow wow regalia isn't even your tribe. That's like a Thai person wearing a Chinese garment saying they're proud of their culture! Educate yourself before you try to inform others about your heritage

To be someone's emotional punching bag then having it turn into physical violence and aggression I won't tolerate, that's why I'm done with her. Also having her freak out and embarrass me while claiming I'm bullying her lol as if bitch please. I did nothing but ever support you and have your back when no one else would!

The other night when all this poo poo went down she was screaming at me that I need to sober up and was "out of it" when I was dead sober at that point, which is why I didn't kick her rear end. Anyone who knows me knows if anyone attacks me I'd usually come back at them but seeing as how out of control her mental stability was at that point I only pulled her hair.

Literally everyone in Vancouver was so done with your rear end and bullshit when you got back from LA. No one would even talk to you hardly and you were afraid to ever go out on Davie Street! I have your back, making sure no one hosed with you!

Of course I was angry the other night after you attacked me not once but twice. You were out of control. I can't keep making excuses for your behaviour. Have fun playing the victim.

So here's the story... I did not want to go out at all that night the she started crying about how she couldn't do it alone! So I got my rear end up and ready to go support her to do a gig for free because she begged me to! She was in a mood right off the bat stemming from her mental health issues and insecurities fuelled by alcohol and cocaine.

I struggle with my own mental health sometimes and I'm not judging her for being so unstable but I don't have the tools to deal with this.

There was a person in attendance who a few weeks prior. Ilona was literally sobbing uncontrollably for hours because she was afraid they'd kill her because they gave her 30,000$ to go on Drag Race with that. They started to want it back. This person also started dating one of Ilona's friends around that time.

So... this person who I had every reason not to trust comes to the show from Vancouver. The friend of hers who just broke up with him told me that he physically wouldn't let her leave his please when they broke up and that he was the person who drew a moustache on my face on my billboard campaign.

Clearly I'm not happy he's there then he decides to sit with us uninvited and push me as I reached out for help onstage about to perform, so I was upset about it and when I finished performing I complained to her!

Then she lost her poo poo on me saying I was bullying her which makes no sense. She was distraught because from my take she wanted to seem to him like she had his back so he'll give her more money or drugs.

So she freaks out on me the first time and I even left that table to get away from her. Then she followed me over and got extremely aggressive towards me saying she was gonna put her hands on me! Which I find laughable because everyone knows if we actually fought I would destroy her. Also I think she knew I wouldn't go there with her!

A friend had to get in between us to prevent her from keeping to attack me. Then she stormed off, and after about 5 minutes I got upset and went to tell her not to pull that poo poo with me ever again and that I wouldn't tolerate it in the dressing room.

By this point she's screaming at the top of her lungs that she's going to kill me, then came at me again. Before I pulled her hair off.

Directly after I left immediately. About half [an hour] or so later I think she realised she hosed up and was messaging me to talk calmly and hash it out which I wasn't open to [at] all at this point because I was so upset afterwards. So I made that post and got messages asking me to take it down, I didn't til the next day after I calmed down.

We had bookings together Friday and Monday that I chose not to do anymore due to the situation. But I still posted on my socials letting people know the events were still happening and that they should still go!

So now I'm just posting about this one time to clear up what actually happened. I heard she's been posted misinformation claiming I'm jealous or what not but sweetheart as loving if, I'm very happy with who I am and where I'm at. I hope you find comfort and peace, and just because I don't want you sitting at my table doesn't me I don't want to see you eat.

Queens can you hear that... Drama XOXO

And also gently caress anyone else who has poo poo to say to me about how I handle my life. You're watching my stories, I'm not asking for opinions. Enjoy the entertainment for a brief second from your boring rear end life and shut the gently caress up. I know who I am and what I've done with my life to break down gender barriers to create a better understanding of what it means to be trans. I paved the way so little bitches like that can be who they are, you're welcome.

Nope not done yet... One more thing. You wonder why no one in Vancouver wants to book you?! Because they know you. Good thing you got on the show so you can keep doing 100$ gigs out of town

And Ilona's response: https://ibb.co/qWt3bCj

I've read through this a few times trying to get at the meat and I'm pretty sure it had something to do with Ilona's final runway which I haven't seen yet so I'm doing the worst kind of reporting, but that's just what I've seen floating around about the situation.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Zvahl posted:

I've read through this a few times trying to get at the meat and I'm pretty sure it had something to do with Ilona's final runway which I haven't seen yet so I'm doing the worst kind of reporting, but that's just what I've seen floating around about the situation.

From what I understand from reading it, Ilona posted instastory explaining her finale look, and mentioned in passing that she no longer has a drag mother. Her former drag mother explained that her final runway look wasn't even from the same tribe that Ilona belongs to. She said that Ilona has a cocaine habit, and has burned a lot of bridges. The other night Ilona begged her to do a gig for free with her because she was afraid others would attack her. She reluctantly agreed, and when they got there, it turned out that Ilona's cocaine dealer leant her $30,000 to have costumes made for her run on Drag Race Canada. He was there to intimidate Ilona and thus her drag mother, but Ilona is trying to stay on good terms with her so that he can keep dealing her cocaine. Ilona freaked out that her drag mother was upset about the situation, and they got into a massive argument. Ilona replied saying that it's all lies.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Sep 9, 2020

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Nihonniboku posted:

From what I understand from reading it, Ilona posted instastory explaining her finale look, and mentioned in passing that she no longer has a drug mother. Her former drag mother explained that her final runway look wasn't even from the same tribe that Ilona belongs to. She said that Ilona has a cocaine habit, and has burned a lot of bridges. The other night Ilona begged her to do a gig for free with her because she was afraid others would attack her. She reluctantly agreed, and when they got there, it turned out that Ilona's cocaine dealer leant her $30,000 to have costumes made for her run on Drag Race Canada. He was there to intimidate Ilona and thus her drag mother, but Ilona is trying to stay on good terms with her so that he can keep dealing her cocaine. Ilona freaked out that her drag mother was upset about the situation, and they got into a massive argument. Ilona replied saying that it's all lies.

yeah i mostly wasn't sure about the connections between everything especially given that it was a lot of instagram posts and people being referred to with insufficient information so i'm glad it at least seems to be about as weird as I thought it was so I wasn't entirely misreading things

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
$30,000 from your cocaine dealer jesus

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Is her drag mother indigenous?

:/ Obviously something happened but don't know if I believe it all, and authenticity policing regalia feels real lovely.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Her name is Quanah Style and she is a transgender Cree drag queen so she's about as legit as you can get.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Ilona's finale dress was one step above a Coachella war bonnet, I was amazed that it got a positive reception.

The Little Death posted:

Is her drag mother indigenous?

:/ Obviously something happened but don't know if I believe it all, and authenticity policing regalia feels real lovely.

If representing Indigenous culture is going to be part of your stage gimmick, I feel like you should meet a benchmark of not wearing an offensive Party City amalgamation.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

talking poo poo and stuntin petty
it’s the tribe from party city

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

So Nancy Drews on Reddit have already mostly figured out the AS6 cast. Filming likely hasn't started yet, but queens have been in quarantine for some time.

If you like being spoiled:
AS returners: Pandora, Yara, Ginger..............................................................................................................
Early season: Sonique, Jiggly, TKB................................................................................................................
Later season: Scarlet, Ra'jah, A'keria, Jan.....................................................................................................
Possibly: Serena (LOL, and I'm praying it's true)...........................................................................................
Possibly: another queen that was strong on their season and is having someone post for them online

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 11, 2020

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

gandlethorpe posted:

So Nancy Drews on Reddit have already mostly figured out the AS6 cast. Filming likely hasn't started yet, but queens have been in quarantine for some time.

That second queen is the most exciting thing I've heard in a while if true. Been waiting for that.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

gandlethorpe posted:

If you like being spoiled:
AS returners: Pandora, Yara, Ginger..............................................................................................................
Early season: Sonique, Jiggly, TKB................................................................................................................
Later season: Scarlet, Ra'jah, A'keria, Jan.....................................................................................................
Possibly: Serena (LOL, and I'm praying it's true)...........................................................................................
Possibly: another queen that was strong on their season and is having someone post for them online

To be honest, none outside the first 3 on that list really excites me and I think we're starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel here. Maybe it's time to put All Stars on hold for a couple of years. Team name #2 I guess?

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Honestly I'm excited for Yara, Pandora, Jiggly, and TKB. I'm also excited to see how fast Jan gets eliminated. She was safe every episode until her elimination and it's been, what, a year at most, half of which she couldn't perform during? She'll be eaten alive by the seasoned ones.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I highly - HIGHLY doubt that.

Jan turns it out all the time and is polished as gently caress.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

I highly - HIGHLY doubt that.

Jan turns it out all the time and is polished as gently caress.

she got totally hosed by the judging regularly; she'll do great.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
That list sucks and I will not dignify it with any further thought

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
Thank you for spoilering as I definitely do not want to know!

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Full agree with Eej.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Yeah I guess this is shade but that list looks like they're reaching into the deep recesses of their backup options. Maybe due to the current situation.

Yara I totally get, it's really early for Jan but she's always destined for All Stars. Pandora, I guess? IDK about Ginger though since AS2 doesn't exactly need "redemption". (and personally I'm not an A'keria fan after the whole debacle with Plastique, but sure, she's top 4 I guess) As for the rest, they're not exactly "Good at Drag Race". I know the challenges aren't necessarily the point but it's not so fun either watching a majority of the supposed "all stars" cast stumble their way through the main challenges, which we've been getting more and more with the recent AS seasons.

I'm totally down for more TKB lipsyncs though

e: Oh, the 12th queen is rumored to be Silky? hmm

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Sep 13, 2020

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

The list is great.

I'm preemptively mad if Yara doesn't win.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

They all should at least give good TV

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

blizzardvizard posted:

e: Oh, the 12th queen is rumored to be Silky? hmm

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm happy that (AS6 casting spoiler) Pandora is getting another shot. Of all the people screwed over by AS1, she was the screwiest.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I know part of it is the extra echo they put on top to make it sound more like a live performance but the queen's verses were actually really well produced. Usually they just slap some autotune on them and call it a day because that was the Lucien vibe and they've just been aping that since he left but they actually sounded like a real song I might buy

I really noticed that too. U Wear It Well is a decent song to start with, but I thought that Ralph did a great job coaching everyone....way better coaching than I've seen in other challenges. Sometimes it seems like they're giving them so little good advice that they are set up to fail. Ralph sang lines with them, gave them great advice on phrasing and harmony etc.

Then they also did some decent production on the final track, except the mix was a little off to me, the vocals were a bit loud but that could be my TV.

But compared to some of the other write your verse challenges it was night and day. Listen to "Can I Get an Amen", its brutal how bare and crappy the vocals sound, like the production is intended to make people sound terrible.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
CDR production team didn't get the memo and didn't realize you weren't supposed to give the queens good advice and coaching

Still thinking about the dream scenario of Kim Chi getting runway coaching on her season

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Cafe Barbarian posted:

Listen to "Can I Get an Amen"

where my people at
Where My People At
WHERE MY PEOPLE AT

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Eej posted:

CDR production team didn't get the memo and didn't realize you weren't supposed to give the queens good advice and coaching

Still thinking about the dream scenario of Kim Chi getting runway coaching on her season

Yeah I have to admit, CDR seemed weird in that it sort of contrasts with Drag Race USA on how the challenges are framed. They still tried to do the tired "oh it's all messed up!!! What will HAPPEN!!!" edits, but honestly it felt more authentic than a lot of what has happened on drag race recently. Even the choreography seems more directly true to the setup parts than it has previously, where you see the queens messing up complex choreo that is suddenly missing from the final number.

Basically, CDR puts reall drag race to shame in many ways :canada:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/WorldOfWonder/status/1305269008187318279

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Since it's not immediately obvious what's going on from that tweet (since i thought they were just posting the video again with a Chi Chi sendoff): Chi Chi was eliminated that episode, so she got edited out of the music video. They edited her back into the music video for that version.
She's not there in the stuff that filmed after the episode was over (IE: all the cool neon stuff) but she's there for the rest of it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Some more AS6 T:
It might be a 13(!) queen season with both Silky AND Eureka. Not sure how I feel about that. But maybe they'll tone themselves down, or cancel each other's attention-hogging out.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

Some more AS6 T:

Oh nevermind I am now negative excited. RPDR execs shoving every fat drag queen who's ever appeared on their television program into a single season like "we will have a big girl win even if the cast is insufferable and has no chemistry god DAMMIT we've been trying for seven years and at some point you just need to stack the deck"

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Silky is annoying as hell and I see no value in having her back. I'm also against All-Stars bringing people back for another all-stars season. Yeah, Ginger is fun. maybe if they didn't make all-stars every goddamn year we'd have, you know, stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Let's just take a year or two off from All Stars if they aren't going to bring in any international edition queens.

I'd definitely bring in Lemon, Rita Baga, Baga Chips, Divina de Campo, Cheryl Hole, and Pan Pan. Cut Silky, Eureka, Rajah, Serena, and Scarlet.

Unrelated to the spoilers, I had breakfast the other day with a guy who I went on a few dates with last year to catch up. This reminded me of his story of how he once went on a date with Eureka pre- Drag Race. He said the date was kind of awkward, and he wasn't interested in going out with her again. He then went to one of her drag shows where Eureka saw him in the audience, and called him out for being a heartbreaker, and gave him general poo poo. He said the whole thing was very uncomfortable.