Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Speaking of exclusives, if anyone missed out on the GameStop Gamer Gremlin check your Targets. Saw a few at my local store along with Flasher and the vanilla version.

I'd be interested if the figure wasn't exactly the same with each release. I feel like I'm paying $30 for the accessories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Kingtheninja posted:

In other news I'm checking one last target downtown today but if anyone finds a beachhead and wants to ship it to me I'll venmo you!

Disregard this, found one!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

I made this and am very happy with myself. :smugdog:

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

So what are the chances that ordering the pulse con exclusives are going to be a cluster gently caress like everything else Hasbro does?

Makeing it one per person is a step in the right direction, but i still worry they will sell out in 5 minutes...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It really depends how many they make.

They normally make thousands of these for at least 2 cons (SDCC and Fanexpo Canada, which has even higher attendance) and in recent years for some post con website sales too.

But there are other factors like, how long is the lead time? Were they manufacturing already when the writing was on the wall for cancellations? Did they adjust up or down because of it?

Who knows?

I only want the Hellfire set. Or really, I only want Emma but the set will do.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Dale-Taco posted:

So what are the chances that ordering the pulse con exclusives are going to be a cluster gently caress like everything else Hasbro does?

Makeing it one per person is a step in the right direction, but i still worry they will sell out in 5 minutes...

Almost certainly. Hopefully they'll stagger releases and announce times they'll be up, instead of "AND THEY'RE UP NOW GO GO G- oh, sold out already."

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Dale-Taco posted:

For some reason I'm a Premium member so I get to order things a day before others so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can get the Hellfire set with no problems. Reposting the days/times for those curious:

https://marvelousnews.com/252-27469

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Louisgod posted:

For some reason I'm a Premium member so I get to order things a day before others so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can get the Hellfire set with no problems. Reposting the days/times for those curious:

https://marvelousnews.com/252-27469

Is this the first time it's mattered to be a member other than the free shipping?

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

I only want the cobra commander, but given how hosed distribution of the rest of the line has been im worried that im not going to get him. :(

Ill be double sad since he would be the only one im missing. I still have hopes that the cobra trooper will come home eventually...

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Is this the first time it's mattered to be a member other than the free shipping?

I dunno, probably. I think most people have Premium since Hasbro extended it to people that bought things a while back or something.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I don't have premium, but am gonna grab if and when they confirm that new subs qualify for the early access sale. Their TOS is not clear on it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I remember they were giving away Premium when it launched if you bought anything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

I remember they were giving away Premium when it launched if you bought anything.

And they extended it if you spent enough money or backed a Haslab project.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Not sure if he just hasn't sold out yet or they added more, but the hasbro site has pimp destro available still. I was going to skip destro but I think the burning money accessory really did it for me.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Bandai has started doing little acrylic series logos for Kamen Rider.

I know there's not a ton of Kamen Rider fans here, but it seems like a pretty easily stealable idea if you want one for whatever series you collect

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://megalopolis.toys/collections/scratch-ding-and-dent-sale

Discounted stuff if you don't care about the boxes.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Got a sweet deal on the DMC5 Nero and Dante figures I've been eyeing, Thanks

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I kind want that pennywise 1:12. Gotta wait for the next paycheck on Monday.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Some really great prices on the NECA Godzillas here, but their immense weight ballooned the shipping so much that it was basically the same as paying full price at Target.

Those thicc Zilla thighs are expensive :negative:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah some great prices but I've heard far too many bad things about dealing with them.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

My wife calls my Neca Godzillas "murder weapons". They are heavy, dense, extremely well done figures. Some of the earlier Godzillas also have really sharp dorsal fins too, and since their tails are notoriously difficult to attach, I was pretty close to piercing skin a couple of times while trying to get the nubbin into the hole.

Edit: Wow, even with shipping, that's a really good price for the set of Batman White Night McFarlane DC Multiverse figures. Going to have to place an order, that's about $20+ cheaper than in stores.

ultraviolence123 fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Sep 12, 2020

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I was into the MP Lioconvoy that was on there last night, but I am trying not to buy stuff right now as I get ready to move and am actually selling things myself.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

I nabbed a Burning Candy Convoy. Apparently they're offering USPS shipping now so with shipping it was $82.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I might grab some S7 motu off there, solid prices.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I've only done the single order with them, but it was for a punisher war machine helmet and a legends comic cap shield, and both came in with no problem.

Dunno if that order was a unicorn or not, but I'd feel comfortable buying from em again.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I just got my figuarts Thanos from them. The figure and box were in great condition, no complaints there. It just took a super long time to get here.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
I used to really like them when you could use your rewards points for money off your order. Now it seems you can only use the points on one item and it has to cover shipping, which eats up a ton of points on its own.

I switched over to Dorkside, but I'm getting upset with them too as they used to be first to get stuff, now I've got stuff pre-ordered with them that I'm finding at Target (i.e. Strongman wave figures).

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

That damaged box sale is tempting, but having just dropped $400 on a Millennium Falcon I think I need to chill for a while. I am also trying to move and get rid of stuff!

In other news, wave 1 of Thundercats Ultimates arrived on time despite the apocalypse, and they are beautiful. Due to aforementioned moving, I am leaving most of them in the shipping boxes, but I took them out for a minute just to take a look. The sculpts and paint apps on these guys are gorgeous. I only opened up Lion-O. Great figure all around. He feels really sturdy, good joints, and the swappable parts pop on and off easily and securely. The only issues with him were a stuck joint at one of his boot cuts and the little dagger version of his sword being stuck in its sheath. Both were resolved by a quick soak in hot water.

I think I'm going to have to collect the full line on these guys. Partly because I friggin' love Thundercats, partly because I'm impressed by the quality and attention to detail, partly because I was impressed at Super 7's response to the incorrect colors on a couple of figures, and perhaps most importantly, because I want this line to succeed so they make all my favorite characters that LJN never did.

Side note: I was talking with my mom the other day about this and that, made a joking aside that the world is burning around us and my main worry was my fancy Thundercats toys being delayed. She said "I remember Thundercats. That one was better than most of the shows you watched." And I was like "yeah... it really was."

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Bandai Space Marines are up for preorder, one week only

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-U...ent=&utm_term=_

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

i've been a wee bit obsessed

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Good lord now that's a collection! Awesome, man.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
My Nimrod 3-pack got lost in the mail. Oh well.

I'm going to throw this in here, because I know y'all are some cool people with some disposable income. Here is a place you can send a few bucks to help people who've been displaced by these lovely fires on the west coast. This one in particular helps people in my community here in Oregon. Drop a few bucks if you can, if you can't thats cool too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thanks!

Eternia is a little beat up, missing some parts and the tracks are broken. But as it sits it will loom good in the display and I'm going to attempt the track repair/rebuild. Grayskull is missing a lot but I basically got it for free. Snake Mountain is only missing the chains.
I have 48 figures so just about 2/3 of the original line, most of these are complete.

I'm starting to narrow it to the expensive stuff so it'll be a bit harder to just grab stuff up quickly. The Powers of Grayskull Dinosaurs are very pricey.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

That collection is a thing of beauty. I have a pretty decent vintage MOTU collection too, but not a lot of the big items. I do have a castle Grayskull that’s not in too bad shape. I’m pretty sure my Scare Glow is complete and probably the most valuable guy in there. I’m not really in a place where I’m eager to part with any of it, but you guys will be the first to know if I change my mind.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm going to guess the Overwatch line went over like a fart in church considering the pile I just walked by in Ollie's?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'm going to guess the Overwatch line went over like a fart in church considering the pile I just walked by in Ollie's?

I would think people really into it got the figmas instead.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nanigans posted:

I made this and am very happy with myself. :smugdog:

It made me chuckle.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I also saw loads of them at a Marshall’s. They’re good figures, but they came out like a year too late.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joe Fisto posted:

My Nimrod 3-pack got lost in the mail. Oh well.

I'm going to throw this in here, because I know y'all are some cool people with some disposable income. Here is a place you can send a few bucks to help people who've been displaced by these lovely fires on the west coast. This one in particular helps people in my community here in Oregon. Drop a few bucks if you can, if you can't thats cool too.

The outpouring here in Eugene has been so much that the county’s asked to stop for now so they can inventory everything, it’s been great. It’s hard to express how bad the smoke is here and it seems especially bad today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Louisgod posted:

The outpouring here in Eugene has been so much that the county’s asked to stop for now so they can inventory everything, it’s been great. It’s hard to express how bad the smoke is here and it seems especially bad today.

That's amazing.

I was down at the donation center/refuge earlier today and it is just chaos. Sad, sad chaos.