Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Guze posted:

Thinking about duct tape and plastic sheeting today

Lmao gently caress Tom ridge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I just remembered 9/11. Hilarious.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I remember when Pinochet took over Chile.

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8bV9iNStEI

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Groovelord Neato posted:

The Hogan pictures are my favorite 9/11 memory.
The Vince McMahon towers gif is good too :vince:

easily the funniest thing the front page has ever produced

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

quote:

Barbara Kay Olson (née Bracher; December 27, 1955 – September 11, 2001) was an American lawyer and conservative television commentator who worked for CNN, Fox News Channel, and several other outlets.[1] She was a passenger on American Airlines Flight 77 en route to a taping of Bill Maher's television show Politically Incorrect when it was flown into the Pentagon in the September 11 attacks. Her original plan had been to fly to California on September 10, but she delayed her departure until the next morning so that she could wake up with her husband on his birthday, September 11.

Bill Maher, host of Politically Incorrect, left a panel chair empty for a week in her memory.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

More like Kill Maher imo

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just remembered how actor Stephen Rannazzisi completely destroyed his career by repeatedly lying about narrowly escaping the WTC on 9/11.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I think Seth MacFarlane actually did narrowly escape it. As in was supposed to be on one of the planes. (Don't anyone make jokes about how it would have at least ended one atrocity, I actually like family guy and American dad)

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

An insane mind posted:

I think Seth MacFarlane actually did narrowly escape it. As in was supposed to be on one of the planes. (Don't anyone make jokes about how it would have at least ended one atrocity, I actually like family guy and American dad)

and making those kinds of jokes just dishonor the sacrifice that he had to make. When they decided that his talents were too valuable, even after all that flight time that they gave him, it almost destroyed him

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

From 2003:
https://www.washingtonpost.com./archive/politics/2003/11/10/a-memorial-to-politics/fda8ae40-2d82-4580-af3f-32714c6f5261/

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

An insane mind posted:

barbara olson did the opposite

Her original plan had been to fly to California on September 10, but she waited until the next day so that she could wake up with her husband on his birthday, September 11.[2]

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
literally four posts up

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

:justpost:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

makes sense that the whole bush admin was riding the walrus.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

uber_stoat posted:

makes sense that the whole bush admin was riding the walrus.

I had never heard the term riding the walrus before this and I regret that I checked urban dictionary for it.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
who was the dorky politician that rode in that tank

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Michael Dukakis, whose alkie wife once drank rubbing alcohol

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SPWgodul_E

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

muscles like this! posted:

Just remembered how actor Stephen Rannazzisi completely destroyed his career by repeatedly lying about narrowly escaping the WTC on 9/11.

it looks like his career mostly died with The League

but yeah lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

El_Elegante posted:

also he was famously opposed to the death penalty and was once asked, by a moderator, in the middle of an official televised presidential debate, if he would still be opposed to the death penalty if his own wife was raped and murdered

he gave an answer that made him look and sound like an emotionless robot, and subsequently lost the election

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

silicone thrills posted:

I had never heard the term riding the walrus before this and I regret that I checked urban dictionary for it.

I honestly thought it was a term for Bolton eating rear end or giving oral.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

An insane mind posted:

my mom got transferred to a different flight to LA at the last minute, it took off at roughly the same time

her plane was grounded in Ohio or someplace like that and everyone was checked, presumably to see if there was another group of terrorists on board who were to chickenshit to carry out their attack

I didn't know for a few hours if hers was one of the kamikaze planes

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Filthy Hans posted:

jesus

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

vyelkin posted:

also he was famously opposed to the death penalty and was once asked, by a moderator, in the middle of an official televised presidential debate, if he would still be opposed to the death penalty if his own wife was raped and murdered

he gave an answer that made him look and sound like an emotionless robot, and subsequently lost the election

and when asked later about it, he said it was a fair question

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
that’s more surprising than anything else

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, if you are against the death penalty sometimes assholes are going to shove histrionic hypothetical scenarios down your throat. this has always been the primary defense for the death penalty. he's still kind of a creepy robot man, though.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
What was his actual answer? Mine would be "yes of course I would want him dead. But should best sentencing practice really be set by the victims?"

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF9gSyku-fc

basically doesn’t acknowledge the emotional state this hypothetical would put him in, and just gives a rather cerebral response

like, it’s kind of cool he didn’t take the bait

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

yeah I honestly really respect him for that

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

El_Elegante posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF9gSyku-fc

basically doesn’t acknowledge the emotional state this hypothetical would put him in, and just gives a rather cerebral response

like, it’s kind of cool he didn’t take the bait

its kind of amazing how quaint every supposedly campaign losing mistake looks these days

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
It’s been a month since trump ordered unemployment checks from the bank of fema

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

El_Elegante posted:

funny medical poo poo i just remembered: if you drink a shitload of rubbing alcohol, the cure is regular ethyl alcohol. they'll prescribe you vodka if you drink methyl alcohol and wind up at the hospital. warning: just go buy bottom-shelf vodka if you need to quell the shakes. you won't have a good time getting "cured" at the ER and you'll likely wake up with a tube in your dick

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Filthy Hans posted:

my mom got transferred to a different flight to LA at the last minute, it took off at roughly the same time

her plane was grounded in Ohio or someplace like that and everyone was checked, presumably to see if there was another group of terrorists on board who were to chickenshit to carry out their attack

I’m imagining an Air Marshal walking down the aisle demanding to know if there are any terrorists on the plane too chickenshit to hijack it and if any terrorists raise their hands he makes them go up to the cockpit and finish the job they started.

MikeCrotch posted:

Remember when Trump would post nonstop about Robert Pattinson

Genuinely miss this.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

yeah okay, but other than that, how was the 4th annual Frasier Day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

holy gently caress

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Angell