Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Man I have no idea what is happening in the latest episode of God of Highschool half the time plot wise, but drat it looks gorgeous. The choreography in this show is so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r37i6fuajt4

Otherside Picnic PV's out.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Space Flower posted:

i made a thread for that crunchy+harajuku anime and then i watched half of it which i think was more than everyone else

I've never finished an anime I made the thread for

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
pretty sure I've made more threads for shows I never finished than ones I did finish, but generally start a thread because I'm interested in a thing and looking forward to watching it -- sometimes the interest fizzles if the show isn't that great, mostly I just have a hard time finishing anything even when I really like it.

Furnaceface posted:

I consider this a challenge so I will make the S3 DanMachi thread where I hate watch the first 4 episodes, stop watching, then binge the rest in the last 2 weeks because it still didnt live up to the good stuff in S1 like the minotaur fight.
not trying to be like "no don't dare make a thread with this attutude" but just in general, imo, the hatewatch atmosphere kinda sucks in a thread about a show. I know some people (somehow) get some enjoyment out of watching things they hate but it's kind of a bummer if you're watching something because you genuinely like it but are having to post alongside people who are just watching so they can poo poo on something.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if you really want to hatewatch something with friends you can do it in your own time and your own space instead of dedicating an entire thread to doing it tediously

anyway i made the machikado thread a long time ago when i just thought s1 of the anime looked neat and i've since burned out on it and am looking forward to getting back into it with s2 and somehow that thread i made is still actively posted in. that's my thread making legacy

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
The only good hatewatch threads are the unintentional ones.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i would be curious if there is anyone enjoying danmachi after s2 though

and what caveats they have for that

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hestia is cute, op.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hestia is a discount Aqua, OP. My thoughts are known.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grouchio posted:

Hestia is a discount Aqua, OP. My thoughts are known.

I wish i knew less of them

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Endorph posted:

I wish i knew less of them

:same:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Everything Burrito posted:

not trying to be like "no don't dare make a thread with this attutude" but just in general, imo, the hatewatch atmosphere kinda sucks in a thread about a show. I know some people (somehow) get some enjoyment out of watching things they hate but it's kind of a bummer if you're watching something because you genuinely like it but are having to post alongside people who are just watching so they can poo poo on something.

I was trying to make a joke. :(

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

I'm excited, for more Haikyuu!!

kater
Nov 16, 2010

‘Historically, 72% of all deaths in London are related to dragons’

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

kater posted:

‘Historically, 72% of all deaths in London are related to dragons’

I've spent lots of time in London and the math checks out. Dragon poop ends up everywhere and it's slippery as hell.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Furnaceface posted:

I was trying to make a joke. :(

sorry, I really wasn't trying to pick on you it's just a thing that has bothered me on more than one occasion so your post was kind of a jumping off point :shobon:

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
All right, thanks for all the responses! I'd better start thinking about the OP then

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nitrousoxide posted:

I don't think I can watch this episode of Uzeki. It's just one big advertisement.

Honestly I can't really blame a tourist spot for doing this, all things considered. It's still a fairly fun episode, but it is really on the nose how much of it is "please, for the love of god, come visit Tottori and spend money here. PLEASE."

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

it worked at least, seen a ton of japanese twitter posts about it. although i doubt it will ever get the sheer tourism revenue that series like gup, k-on, banana fish or lucky star brought in

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Did Zombie Land Saga work to that extent?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Zombieland was insanely successful at putting Saga on the map, beyond any of the producers or planners wildest dreams. They were probably expecting a bit of extra local tourism and instead they got a ton of both local and chinese tourists making a mecca out of it.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Isn't s4 of attack on titan supposed to be airing next month?

That manga has ended, right? Without spoilers, is the general opinion that it ended satisfyingly?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

Isn't s4 of attack on titan supposed to be airing next month?

That manga has ended, right? Without spoilers, is the general opinion that it ended satisfyingly?

We're still in the endgame, with the manga setting out its final arguments. It hasn't yet told us the conclusion it will reach.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

drat I thought the manga started its endgame like a year and a half ago, isn't s4 supposed to be the final season? Is that still the plan and it's gonna be an anime original ending, or what's the deal there?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it's probably gonna be timed to coincide with the end of the manga

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

drat I thought the manga started its endgame like a year and a half ago, isn't s4 supposed to be the final season? Is that still the plan and it's gonna be an anime original ending, or what's the deal there?

This reminds me of when people told me to read Dorohedoro because it was totally almost finished in 2013

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
it's not dorehedoro's fault that the magazine it ran in was cancelled (twice)

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

once is a coincidence...

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dorohedoro was too powerful for any one magazine to handle

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Done work for the week, time to start my weekend.

e: this weeks Uzaki isnt bad, has a few good gags, but doesnt really hit the spot like the last few. Maybe I will spend the next 2 days catching up on Deca-Dence. Did it stay good? I dont see much talking about it any more.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 14, 2020

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
well zombieland was funny and idiosyncratic as all hell so of course it would work, while uzaki is hit-and-miss and they released it in the middle of a pandemic

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

e: this weeks Uzaki isnt bad, has a few good gags, but doesnt really hit the spot like the last few. Maybe I will spend the next 2 days catching up on Deca-Dence. Did it stay good? I dont see much talking about it any more.

Deca-Dence remains extremely solid. There's just less mad speculation now we have a better idea of what the story is and where it's going.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Furnaceface posted:

e: this weeks Uzaki isnt bad, has a few good gags, but doesnt really hit the spot like the last few.
Largely because "Mamazaki being horny for the insanely buff college kid" is funny but also not super funny like in previous eps.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Largely because "Mamazaki being horny for the insanely buff college kid" is funny but also not super funny like in previous eps.

That was last week's ep.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

FilthyImp posted:

That was last week. This week was just a tourism ad.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

There's also a specific thread for Deca-dence

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

deca dence is great

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Droyer posted:

That was last week's ep.
Goddamn it i'm a week behind everyone all the time.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ninjewtsu posted:

It'll likely end right before the anime does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

dogsicle posted:

i would be curious if there is anyone enjoying danmachi after s2 though

and what caveats they have for that

i think i finished the spinoff abt the elf chick but not s2 what was wrong with it