Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
If some number of my neighbors showed up at my house to thrill kill me wouldn’t it make more sense to kill myself rather than take the chance I couldn’t shoot them all before they incapacitated me and dragged me to their Trump 2020 torture cellar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
probably

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Trixie Hardcore posted:

If some number of my neighbors showed up at my house to thrill kill me wouldn’t it make more sense to kill myself rather than take the chance I couldn’t shoot them all before they incapacitated me and dragged me to their Trump 2020 torture cellar?

I assume at that point it would be a Trump 2024 torture cellar, but I applaud your pessimism

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

idk if you've already heard about this, but there's this neighborhood on the west bank of new orleans called algiers (ie not in the city proper, on the other side of the river, separated by a bigass bridge) where white militias literally set up a whole martial law situation after katrina where they straightup murdered minorities at ad-hoc "checkpoints" and even hunted "looters" - for which they have largely not been investigated or prosecuted for

btw new orleans is majority black and votes ~90% democratic; these incredibly white and conservative enclaves are found as soon as you get just a little bit outside of the city

yep! also the overwhelmingly black prison population in the biggest prison state in the biggest prison country in history were locked in their cells as the guards left while the storm was approaching and are still officially "missing"

much of the cleanup and rebuilding was done by undocumented people who were promptly rounded up and deported when things were almost back to normal

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
yeah it's a real bummer

if i ever had to move back there i'd definitely be prepping my household like it was mad max - not just an armory but also like a jeep with a lift kit and a snorkel and those bulletproof windows lol

e: tho tbf my kids and wife can pass for white, that stuff'd be a tough sell for my wife allowing it right until they start doing that genealogical poo poo

H.P. Hovercraft has issued a correction as of 09:54 on Sep 12, 2020

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yeah it's a real bummer

if i ever had to move back there i'd definitely be prepping my household like it was mad max - not just an armory but also like a jeep with a lift kit and a snorkel and those bulletproof windows lol

e: tho tbf my kids and wife can pass for white, that stuff'd be a tough sell for my wife allowing it right until they start doing that genealogical poo poo

i think the current right wing plan is to turn america into a third world country which can be ruled over by police and "militia" and also with a huge military and nuclear stockpile

and then war with china? they really have no clue what nature has in store for us all.

like how long before malaria becomes a problem in the us?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
malaria is constrained by ecological boundaries of mosquitos, so really that depends on climate change making some areas wetter

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
Malaria was a huge problem in the southeastern US until WW2, when a tremendous amount of resources and DDT were thrown at it. So yeah, we're gonna get wrecked, not just by climate change but also by breakdowns in public spending on mosquito control, which has been ongoing ever since. The CDC has some info about the drive to finally eliminate malaria here.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I love how much we accomplished 50 to 100 years ago is now just totally unthinkable, even though we're infinitely richer and have turbo ultra super computers now

We can't even get anybody in power who unconditionally supports social security now. The notion of PASSING it from scratch? Lmfao

Eliminating smallpox and polio? Forget about it lol. We got to the moon 70 years ago using pocket calculators and today the big space achievement we are being promised is.....going to the moon

An entire government that is totally incapable of doing anything but making the rich richer and population totally convinced that better things arent possible. Amazing. And these shits want to get mad at people for not bothering with them despite being promised nothing more than the grim march of austerity

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo

Epic High Five posted:

I love how much we accomplished 50 to 100 years ago is now just totally unthinkable, even though we're infinitely richer and have turbo ultra super computers now

It just highlights how depressing the current legislative gridlock in the face of two major crises requiring decisive collective action and funding really loving is.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
chapo discussed the war boner for China as being a remnant of a bunch of older politico dipshits studying the soviet union in college during the cold war and having no idea how to deal with a post USSR world without inventing a new cold war

i don't necessarily think they are wrong. Condoleeza Rice was exactly this person in the bush admin. but i don't think a bunch of people who got their careers started as weird Twitter poo poo posters have the most nuanced take on it. there's also the fact that as China and India continue to modernize and improve the standards of living for two billion plus people they will butt heads with our insanely rich but smaller population country whose military policy is basically doomsday prepper thought on a national level

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
doomsday prepper thought but only for guns and no care for water, food, and medicine

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

the chud plan for a collapse is to become a bandit.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Blarghalt posted:

the chud plan for a collapse is to become a bandit.

surprise twist: Pandora is actually Earth, and the dystopian universe that we're in the historical back story of is loving Borderlands

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Epic High Five posted:

We can't even get anybody in power who unconditionally supports social security now. The notion of PASSING it from scratch? Lmfao

Eliminating smallpox and polio? Forget about it lol. We got to the moon 70 years ago using pocket calculators and today the big space achievement we are being promised is.....going to the moon

An entire government that is totally incapable of doing anything but making the rich richer and population totally convinced that better things arent possible. Amazing. And these shits want to get mad at people for not bothering with them despite being promised nothing more than the grim march of austerity

We could have had flying cars but instead rich people hijacked the government so they wouldn't have to pay taxes.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

https://twitter.com/dburbach/status/1304541520712937472?s=21

We had somewhat similar bullshit here in Australia last bushfire season when rumours of arsonists got completely out of hand, and of course chuds on social media were screaming about MUSLIM TERRISTS BURNING OUR TOWNS but also GREENS TERRISTS BURNING OUR TOWNS (because that supports their Global Warming conspiracy, you see) and yelling about getting the Greens political party disbarred
Just last week the results of the official inquiry got published and oops no arsonists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ScUpHRRnLo

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

https://twitter.com/dburbach/status/1304541520712937472?s=21

We had somewhat similar bullshit here in Australia last bushfire season when rumours of arsonists got completely out of hand, and of course chuds on social media were screaming about MUSLIM TERRISTS BURNING OUR TOWNS but also GREENS TERRISTS BURNING OUR TOWNS (because that supports their Global Warming conspiracy, you see) and yelling about getting the Greens political party disbarred
Just last week the results of the official inquiry got published and oops no arsonists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ScUpHRRnLo

yeah, well tehr could have been!!! :argh:

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/FBIPortland/status/1304485157337018377?s=20

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
doomsday prepper thought but only for guns and no care for water, food, and medicine

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:
also trusted official sources:

covid is a hoax
obama is a kenyan muslim
theres a worldwide cabal of pedophiliac vampires who traffick children in garden sheds

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
To be honest I wouldn't be all that surprised if it turned out some Boogaloo Bois were trying to start fires to somehow frame BLM, they've done dumber poo poo before

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

To be honest I wouldn't be all that surprised if it turned out some Boogaloo Bois were trying to start fires to somehow frame BLM, they've done dumber poo poo before

I would be surprised if that didn't happen.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

That in and of itself is how you know we’re done as a society.

We have multiple very obvious problems converging to turbofuck us simultaneously and our response is to shrug and ask why Applebee’s isn’t open yet.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

cumshitter posted:

so a standard prepper

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yeah it's a real bummer

poo poo, I’m white and live in whitebread oc and have a lifted jeep and armory now

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

duz posted:

so a standard prepper

they make their own medicine though; Dr Prepper

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

I'm pretty sure I remember a story from last year's apocalyptic California wildfires about some Maga dude flying to California and back so he could drive down the highway throwing lit matches out his car or something to start forest fires in California for ????? reasons. I don't know if they ever found out why he did it, but I remember popular theories were that he was trying to start false flag wildfires to blame on environmentalists, or that he was trying to burn down California because it's a blue state.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol my idiot chud, uh, very close relative, is saying her goodbyes to me and my siblings because she's going to be black bagged any day now because of what she knows. She's a 64 year old semi disabled retiree living in Ontario Canada (though she was born in a war torn country and emigrated here as a young child :v:). She also liquidated all her investments she could get her hands on and bought silver bars and jewelry.

These people are convinced they're some of--if not the--smartest people in history lol

Cocaine Bear has issued a correction as of 17:12 on Sep 12, 2020

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Cocaine Bear posted:

Lol my idiot chud, uh, very close relative, is saying her goodbyes to me and my siblings because she's going to be black bagged any day now because of what she knows. She's a 64 year old semi disabled retiree living in Ontario Canada (though she was born in a war torn country and emigrated here as a young child :v:). She also liquidated all her investments she could get her hands on and bought silver bars and jewelry.

These people are convinced they're some of--if not the--smartest people in history lol

what does she know? also expect her to voluntarily go dark soon to see how people react

Pasty Doughboy
Dec 23, 2006
With red way hair. One day it will all be gone, I’ll go blind from the glare

Cocaine Bear posted:

Not joking, is this person having a mental health crisis? A break from reality (further than the typical right winger?). It sounds like she needs mental health intervention ASAP.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Pasty Doughboy posted:

Not joking, is this person having a mental health crisis? A break from reality (further than the typical right winger?). It sounds like she needs mental health intervention ASAP.

Very much so. Heavily exacerbated by social isolation and underlying substance abuse issues but she's made it exceedingly clear that she will not accept help. I doubt the veracity of it but she claims to have letters with her lawyer and family doctor preventing her family, specifically her children, from having her committed or taking control of her finances in any way (we just want to talk but she assumes we're gonna rat her out to the feds or something). We were planning an intervention to beg her to just be with her family but she caught wind of it and told us all in no uncertain terms that she wanted nothing to do with it and would kick us out of her house if we tried.

This person is 100 percent disconnect from reality and its making them miserable and they will not accept any help and any communication with them is instantly twisted to an incoherent string of rambling conspiracy nonsense.

But only she can save us from the pedophiles. It's all very horrible!

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

This is the case for most situations in which you pull out a gun in response to having one pointed at you

the art of the quick-draw is alive and well

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Controlled burning that spells “BLACKS RULE”

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
My trump-supporting mom wears a face shield instead of a real mask, but "no one's ever told me to wear anything else!" while she goes to shop at the mall or go to restaurants. Yesterday she texted me asking what the reviews for Tenet have been like since the theaters near her are opening again and I told her don't go to the loving theater. She responded with how she has an unknown number of years left and she's not gonna spend it "afraid to go out to dinner or a theater".

This person who used to be my mom would definitely have cared about being a disease vector to other people when I was growing up. Thanks for removing that, Fox News!

Also I haven't talked to my dad since Father's Day because after a nice time with no politics, we said they should visit our new place, and my dad said "probably not since BLM is gonna cause massive riots on the 4th of July and Los Angeles will be in ruins", and when I said "we're done here", he started getting tears in his eyes that I was "silencing his freedom of speech just like when you hid my Trump painting at Christmas!"

lol just as petty as are prez

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I don't get how so many people lost their minds. The mush they believe right now is insanity.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Philthy posted:

I don't get how so many people lost their minds. The mush they believe right now is insanity.

If there is a functional future society with information age capabilities, they're going talk about social media the same way we talk about cfc's, leaded gasoline, or thalidomide.

The human brain is very clearly not meant to be able to pick and choose what custom reality it lives in like a loving buffet line.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Megera posted:

My trump-supporting mom wears a face shield instead of a real mask, but "no one's ever told me to wear anything else!" while she goes to shop at the mall or go to restaurants. Yesterday she texted me asking what the reviews for Tenet have been like since the theaters near her are opening again and I told her don't go to the loving theater. She responded with how she has an unknown number of years left and she's not gonna spend it "afraid to go out to dinner or a theater".

This person who used to be my mom would definitely have cared about being a disease vector to other people when I was growing up. Thanks for removing that, Fox News!

Also I haven't talked to my dad since Father's Day because after a nice time with no politics, we said they should visit our new place, and my dad said "probably not since BLM is gonna cause massive riots on the 4th of July and Los Angeles will be in ruins", and when I said "we're done here", he started getting tears in his eyes that I was "silencing his freedom of speech just like when you hid my Trump painting at Christmas!"

Lmao

:qq: son I only told you I don't want to visit because black people are going to destroy your home and kill your family. you're silencing my free speech if you don't put up with me wishing for your family's demise so my paranoia can be vindicated

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Megera posted:

Thanks for removing that, Fox News/YouTube/Facebook

Mine, as an immigrant who struggled with language, used to volunteer hours a week running a language circle for new immigrant woman and used it as an opportunity to direct these women to all kinds of support programs and integration initiatives.

Couple months ago I asked her if it's ever justified to take an infant refugee away from their refugee mother and she said in some circumstances it is right. Human brains are not robust things.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Megera posted:

SOmetimes I think it's a good thing my FOx News, republican, racist, concealed carrying, NRA member father passed away 10 years ago because I can't even imagine where his head would be right now with all this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Hillary 2020 posted:

https://twitter.com/kevinroose/status/1304466868996980736?s=20

Trump chuds on the west coast are going to burn to death defending their houses from fictional BLM / antifa arsonists because of Facebook.

That's really very bigly bad.

Sad!