Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Dzhay posted:

Is it any good? I'm not inherently opposed to the premise.

Its ok. Nothing creepy or gross so far and she really hates all the other characters lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I Am Fowl posted:

I'm told there actually is an isekai with this premise, but it's more of a rushed Dark Souls-like. Game ended up both broken-hard and just plain broken with softlocks and poo poo.

I'm reading something with terrible bugs and stuff so I don't know if it's what you're looking for or not but take a look at

Kono Sekai ga Game da to, Ore dake ga Shitte Iru

Anyway, does anyone remember that manga where some lady's cat turned into a cat man and became her buttler? He was black and really skinny, like Katz from Courage the Cowardly dog and that's all I can remember.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

RareAcumen posted:

I'm reading something with terrible bugs and stuff so I don't know if it's what you're looking for or not but take a look at

Kono Sekai ga Game da to, Ore dake ga Shitte Iru

Anyway, does anyone remember that manga where some lady's cat turned into a cat man and became her buttler? He was black and really skinny, like Katz from Courage the Cowardly dog and that's all I can remember.

Saeki-san's Black Cat?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Dzhay posted:

Dunno, didn't read it. Not the sort of thing I normally enjoy, but I'll give it a shot and come back with a trip report.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

I Am Fowl posted:

has a threat-level comparable to a neighborhood raccoon

This mental image is perfect :laffo:

Don't know if you've already been posting in the Misc Shounen thread, where each issue of WSJ usually gets a bit of talk, think that's the only place I've seen any chatter about it. I've been enjoying Magu, but for some reason, I was expecting a faster pace of making friends contracting servants from the initial chapters. Not a complaint, though

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Leraika posted:

Saeki-san's Black Cat?

Yes that's it exactly! Thank you so much!

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Dzhay posted:

Going through it, it's lighthearted and silly as hell. Of course with a lot of gun-nerdery, as could be expected from that cover.

EDIT: It's a solid manga, though the TL takes a sharp drop when a new scanlation group picks up. At least they are upfront with the fact that they're heavily using Google Translate, OCR and the like, but there's a definite dip in quality.

Kibibit fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 4, 2020

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

They say that you don't go to Denny's, you end up at Denny's.

I'd say the latest chapter of Mieruko serves as proof of that.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Sleepy Princess
After surviving many harsh trials, its time for the Demon King and gang to finally meet Aurora Como Rhys Kaymin, the Princess's aunt.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Arkanian posted:

i didn't know a denny's visit could be more terrifying than usual

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Crasical posted:

Put your glasses back on and face the facts!
An appropriate choice in words

Do you see that? That's what happens when fluff is back on the menu. :colbert:

Demon Mom has me convinced we need a reccattear style game where you expand a shop that caters exclusively towards monsterfolk.

Manager is dangerously close to becoming my favorite character over Theresa. CAPITALISM HO!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Kitsune Spirit is incredibly powerful.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

quote:

"The Door above says 'Shark Teeth'. Just saying, in case your mom enjoyed her champagne a bit too much during pregnancy

God, I hate chatty translators.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Crasical posted:

God, I hate chatty translators.

You never know when they have an actual note and it's awful.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't mind if they have post-chapter credits shenanigans but gently caress off with mid-chapter running commentary

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
And a foetal alcohol syndrome joke just tossed in there like it's 2005 and they're so edgy.

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!
Worst I ever saw was the proofreader (yes, the proofreader) making a bunch of homophobic remarks, as well as slurs, across multiple chapters of a series I was reading.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
this all makes me think of how Chillock Scans just stopped trying with the last few volumes of Freak Island and just tossing in lols and memes and remove kebab just ughhh

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Sleepy Princess

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

I love how the Demons who know her best also know not to doubt the Princess's capabilities.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Arkanian posted:

I think I panned Mieruko the first time I saw it (think it was still the first 5 chapters or so), but I went back to it again and wow it's actually really good, both the art and the writing. So thanks thread

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Interrogation Princess

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

blizzardvizard posted:

I think I panned Mieruko the first time I saw it (think it was still the first 5 chapters or so), but I went back to it again and wow it's actually really good, both the art and the writing. So thanks thread

I think the first 5 chaps was the author redo-ing the bits from when it was a twitter comic or whatever, it definitely improved as its gone and has been a great horror

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
On the other hand I'm totally uninterested in the random slice of life horror bits and only started following the comic once it developed an actual plot

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Senryu Girl

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

couple new Mermaid Princess's Guilty Meal

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I love how horribly dark that manga is while still being jovial and lighthearted for the majority of the pages in the chapter. It seems like it only has few chapters left, I'm curious how it'll end for Era.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Hell yeah, new Mr. Villain's Day Off

also new Demon Mom

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Brought To You By posted:

Do you see that? That's what happens when fluff is back on the menu. :colbert:

I enjoyed the battle arc, but I think it mostly stands out now to simply give contrast to how much better the normal fluff is.

Quite liking Demon Business Manga.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

PirateDentist posted:

I enjoyed the battle arc, but I think it mostly stands out now to simply give contrast to how much better the normal fluff is.
Contrary to the popular phrase; you can enjoy the sunny days without the rainy days.

The Battle Arc isn't terrible, but two of them back to back with months of real world pacing issues did not warm me up to it.

quote:

Quite liking Demon Business Manga.
Same, Moth is fun and the Boss continues to steal the spotlight whenever she's around. I also enjoy Merii's unbridled thirst for Chise.

The author also launched their newest comic Heal & Squeeze about vampires running a :airquote:Spa:airquote: to provide healing and relaxation in exchange for blood. Things go in an interesting direction with this new client.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Oh heck, I bumbled into that comic randomly just because it was on the front page of mangadex and the title was weird. Didn't realize it was the same artist as 'thread-darling-manga-that-I-don't-read' Demon Mom..

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Useless Ponko

It was called Cat Warrior in the U.S.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
wow the character design and posing in that sample page does not make me comfortable

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Leraika posted:

wow the character design and posing in that sample page does not make me comfortable

:emptyquote:

those sure are some knockers huh

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Sleepy Princess

~menacing~

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hell yeah, Kaiju Girl Caramelize is back! Rairi is swiftly becoming my favorite character.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Going balls deep on chapter 69. :69snypa:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Huzzah! posted:

Going balls deep on chapter 69. :69snypa:

I love this dumb manga so much.

Ex is a good sword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Lonely Professor and Robot Girl's Despair-Like Utopia

quote:

Follows the daily life of a professor and a robot girl in a post-apocalyptic setting.