Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Moon Slayer posted:

This is true. But I also really loving hate "haha you know about [thing] that must mean you love [thing]" posting and I'm going to start giving people a day off for it going forward.

haha you know about "haha you know about [thing] that must mean you love [thing]" posting that must mean you love "haha you know about [thing] that must mean you love [thing]" posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Just pretend I posted a giant *Facepalm* image here. Not terribly surprised at y'all, but am very disappointed.

getting flashbacks from the old Perry Fellowship Bible thread over here

Yes, there is an artist named Shadman who was known, (before the pedo thing) for taking Rule 34 and ramping it up to 11. alot of edgy, " pushing the envelope" type garbage.

He would often show up in imgur comments. There was a sort of comment meme like

"Shadman, no!
Shadman, YES!"

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Thank god someone finally posted it I thought I was taking crazy pills

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Moon Slayer posted:

"Hmm, so you say that this 'Adolf Hitler' guy was some kind of famous fascist dictator and mass murderer? Well I've never heard of him because I don't spend my time reading about famous directors, and it's kind of weird that you know so much about him. Anything you want to admit, hmm?"

Can you change your name to Wimp Lo, because I'm pretty sure someone deliberately taught you posting wrong, as a joke.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I know there are a few creepy cartoonists the folks in this thread know about, but I never remember their names. I don't attribute this to anything but you all having better memories than I do. And maybe to actually reading imgur comments.

Anyway, I would have thought a guy called "Shadman" just likes fish.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Shadman? More like Shatman

rofl

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

gleebster posted:

Anyway, I would have thought a guy called "Shadman" just likes fish.

No, what I said is that he sleeps with the fishes. You see...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Moon Slayer posted:

This is true. But I also really loving hate "haha you know about [thing] that must mean you love [thing]" posting and I'm going to start giving people a day off for it going forward.

Yeah there was none of that happening but nice melt-down.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Oh boy I've sure been owned.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

everyone on this page, including me, is having a meltdown. none are without sin and only The Almighty can forgive us when we err from His way.

as penance, i will share this missive from the holiest of webcomics.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Anyone who posts "Achewood sucks" gets a sixer.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
You really are a worthless mod.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

E: was gonna post these in the fanart thread but this thread deserves them more

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

day by day you are proving yourself a great fit to be a mod.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

You really are a worthless mod.

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

day by day you are proving yourself a great fit to be a mod.

In summary, modding is a land of contrasts.

Also gently caress you, and thanks.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
Achewood suc

cessfully attracted a fan base despite having like 5 good comics.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Welp guess it's time to start posting terrible alien comics again and bring the thread quality back up a bit

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Thank you. I am now filled with disgust and loathing.

Wait.

I am now filled with (more) disgust and loathing (than usual)

anyway. Comic

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Johnny Aztec posted:

Thank you. I am now filled with disgust and loathing.

Wait.

I am now filled with (more) disgust and loathing (than usual)

anyway. Comic
Tom Gauld

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LOL

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Chill your pills guys, Moon Slayer is obviously having a bad day. Something must have happened.

We need to adjust our posting accordingly, for example, today I will not talk about how Jucika's luscious curves turn me into a horny old-timey cartoon wolf banging his fist on the table.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

Chill your pills guys, Moon Slayer is obviously having a bad day. Something must have happened.

We need to adjust our posting accordingly, for example, today I will not talk about how Jucika's luscious curves turn me into a horny old-timey cartoon wolf banging his fist on the table.

Definitely don't talk about how when you see Jucika your eyes pop out of your skull like dinner plates on springs and you make a sound that can only be described as a siren going "AWOOGA"

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

What happened is that people are posting badly.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I too am sexually attracted to a cartoon woman drawn many years before I was born

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Hygiene posted:

I too am sexually attracted to a cartoon woman drawn many years before I was born

I don't see why you gotta bring her age into it

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Phlegmish posted:

Whatever you do don't look at this:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

Finally, Moon Slayer and I agree on something.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Achewood sucks.

(I just wanna see what probe MS will give me. <3)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Look, let's all just enjoy some Beartato and put this all behind us

These two happen to be two of my favorite strips.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
You should stop talking about how atttacted you are to Juicka because I love her more than any of you. My name is Mr. Juicka, and she is my wife, who I love.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Whybird posted:

You should stop talking about how atttacted you are to Juicka because I love her more than any of you. My name is Mr. Juicka, and she is my wife, who I love.

:wrong:

She's married to me.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

ultrafilter posted:

Whatever you do don't look at this:

Now, you see, I most often think Jusica gets the better of it in these comics, or at least gets even. But with these Romanian guys, she's left high and dry (or wet).

As for Achewood, I never could get into it, because insisted on starting at the beginning:

and who would be interested in that?

But I think the best Nedroid comic is this one (I did not compulsively start at the beginning. I'm a fickle fellow. Also, I'm sentimental):

Merry Christmas, Beartato!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Nedroid is extremely solid, and I'm sorry my brain refuses to remember it exists when I'm thinking about potential good comics to look up :smith:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Going to appeal to the (or Request) in the forum title and ask if anyone has that Tom Gauld strip that had two mirroring pictures of a kingdom's assets but one had labels like "Our heroic explorers" and the other "Their barbaric invaders" or something like that.

TIA and namaste.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I would never even lower myself to discuss the possibility of a BEST Beartato comic. It is a fool's errand to do so.

Another one that I loving love.

The two panel " What did you do?" just gets me.

" Boy, I havent checked Nedroid.com in forever! I bet theres a ton of new comics!. ....has not updated in literally a year :smith:

Johnny Aztec has a new favorite as of 04:42 on Sep 13, 2020

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Like I said, I'm sentimental and not afraid to admit it.
Also:
Probably from the New Scientist, but also in Gauld's Baking with Kafka,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
To be fair, he's been working with K.C. Green on a long, serialized comic for the past few years. Probably has taken up most of his time.

Unfortunately not too many stand alone pages to share, here's a truncated sampler platter of a few pages from it. Please don't make fun of me by saying it's worse than achewood.

(Btw, it's called Back, and it's not about the king. He's the bad guy. It's about a cowgirl who may or may not cause the apocalypse.)