Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

yeah those terrorists really hosed up season 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

[tossed salad joke]

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Eat This Glob posted:

funny medical poo poo i just remembered: if you drink a shitload of rubbing alcohol, the cure is regular ethyl alcohol. they'll prescribe you vodka if you drink methyl alcohol and wind up at the hospital. warning: just go buy bottom-shelf vodka if you need to quell the shakes. you won't have a good time getting "cured" at the ER and you'll likely wake up with a tube in your dick

They’ll prescribe you fomepizole if you go to an ER in the U.S. of A. because it works slightly better and they get to bill you way more for it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Anthony Perkins's wife died on 9/11 too.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
It's been one year and one week since Joe Biden's eye exploded with blood on national television

What IS a boy to do?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I'd be pretty pissed if I had created Frasier and didn't get advanced warning but Seth MacFarlane and Mark Wahlberg did.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

exmachina posted:

What was his actual answer? Mine would be "yes of course I would want him dead. But should best sentencing practice really be set by the victims?"

victims of crime are actually the right’s bread and butter rhetorically speaking, you’d be springing a trap on yourself pretty hard and walking right into “see? they care about the rights of murderers more than the rights of victims!”

which is of course stupid, but for the kind of people whose brains are melted from fear of black people, it works

he heard the blues a callin

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Declan MacManus posted:

victims of crime are actually the right’s bread and butter rhetorically speaking, you’d be springing a trap on yourself pretty hard and walking right into “see? they care about the rights of murderers more than the rights of victims!”

which is of course stupid, but for the kind of people whose brains are melted from fear of black people, it works

he heard the blues a callin

Tossed salad and scrambled jets

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Jet salad can't melt steel eggs

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Change dot org.

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
just remembered ron paul won an electoral vote in the 2016 election lol

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Glenn Beck and his lovely 9/12 cult

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Freedom Fries.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

silicone thrills posted:

Freedom Fries.

This one really encapsulates post 9/11 America the most imo. Just a bunch of petulant conservative idiots pitching a fit because the french wisely decided not to join us in our murder crusade

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

“Remember how you felt on 9/12?”

Yeah Glenn, I felt like poo poo.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Milo and POTUS posted:

This one really encapsulates post 9/11 America the most imo. Just a bunch of petulant conservative idiots pitching a fit because the french wisely decided not to join us in our murder crusade

lol the US literally stooped to economic bullying to force a bunch of countries into the war.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Trixie Hardcore posted:

“Remember how you felt on 9/12?”

Yeah Glenn, I felt like poo poo.

I have no doubt conservatives were low key thrilled because they were given carte blanche to do whatever the gently caress they wanted and anyone who objected would be labelled seditionists. It was the best thing that ever happened to them

silicone thrills posted:

lol the US literally stooped to economic bullying to force a bunch of countries into the war.

I... didn't say otherwise?

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy

Eat This Glob posted:

funny medical poo poo i just remembered: if you drink a shitload of rubbing alcohol, the cure is regular ethyl alcohol. they'll prescribe you vodka if you drink methyl alcohol and wind up at the hospital. warning: just go buy bottom-shelf vodka if you need to quell the shakes. you won't have a good time getting "cured" at the ER and you'll likely wake up with a tube in your dick

Yeah Iirc the ethanol jumps to the front of the queue to be processed by the liver instead of the methanol. Bodies are crazy and catheters are the worst

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Milo and POTUS posted:

I... didn't say otherwise?

Just agreeing. I reading a bit more into it than I knew just from existing during that time and holy gently caress this country is just pure scum

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

thetan_guy42 posted:

Yeah Iirc the ethanol jumps to the front of the queue to be processed by the liver instead of the methanol. Bodies are crazy and catheters are the worst

yeah it slots into the same spots first, a similar thing can happen with grapefruit juice and st john's wort competing for the liver which can gently caress up your body's ability to use certain drugs, particularly antidepressants and oral birth control

(it's gotta be a lot of grapefruit juice)

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
lol republicans getting mad at shrimp on treadmills in 2011

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I’m imagining an Air Marshal walking down the aisle demanding to know if there are any terrorists on the plane too chickenshit to hijack it and if any terrorists raise their hands he makes them go up to the cockpit and finish the job they started.
were Air Marshals not a reaction to 9/11? did they exist before the attacks?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

silicone thrills posted:

Just agreeing. I reading a bit more into it than I knew just from existing during that time and holy gently caress this country is just pure scum

Oh okay. Assumed wrong tone from the way it was worded. I actually don't know anything about what you were talking about w/r/t smaller countries tbh

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Beck testing the waters if being an anti-Trump Democrat would be a better grift

quote:

Beck told the New Yorker he doesn’t speak like that any longer, that he’s become a different man. In particular, he said he regrets calling the president a racist.

“I did a lot of freaking out about Barack Obama,” he told the magazine.

Added Beck, “So much of what I used to believe was either always a sham or has been made into a sham. There’s nothing deep.”

Beck went on, in the interview, to state that he now supports the Black Lives Matter movement.
and falling right back in line within a month

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

britishbornandbread posted:

were Air Marshals not a reaction to 9/11? did they exist before the attacks?
The air marshals date back to the big hijacking boom of the 60s and 70s, before airports even had metal detectors or anything, but there were like a few dozen of them at any one time. It ballooned to thousands after 9/11.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

silicone thrills posted:

lol republicans getting mad at shrimp on treadmills in 2011

Hey, that's money that could have been spent on a Mercedes truck for KBR that they burn on the side of the road when it gets a flat tire

Funny politics thing I just remembered but had repressed, that the US contractors would actually do that when they got flats or busted radiators. The level of grift of just wasted money in Iraq is just unbelievable of how they wasted the loving money

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Private business is never inefficient I think you'll find

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Pitch posted:

The air marshals date back to the big hijacking boom of the 60s and 70s, before airports even had metal detectors or anything, but there were like a few dozen of them at any one time. It ballooned to thousands after 9/11.

would it be a fair assumption that there is at least one on every US domestic flight?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

would it be a fair assumption that there is at least one on every US domestic flight?

i highly doubt they have the manpower to do that

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
FAMS effectiveness against crime and terror, has also been questioned. According to Congressman John J. Duncan, the air marshal program has led to only 4.2 arrests a year, at an average cost of $200 million per arrest. He argued that this represents a win of the perceived dangers of terror, supported by a profit center-type approach, over realistic spending priorities.[39][40]

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

silicone thrills posted:

Freedom Fries.

liberty cabbage in the us and alsatian dog in the UK

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

vyelkin posted:

FAMS effectiveness against crime and terror, has also been questioned. According to Congressman John J. Duncan, the air marshal program has led to only 4.2 arrests a year, at an average cost of $200 million per arrest. He argued that this represents a win of the perceived dangers of terror, supported by a profit center-type approach, over realistic spending priorities.[39][40]

lol

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1262731779523465216

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

vyelkin posted:

I have absolutely nothing to back this statement up with in terms of a linked source, but I am sure I read/heard that the stringent security measures at airports now in the post-9/11 world have never actually halted a terrorist attack?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I have absolutely nothing to back this statement up with in terms of a linked source, but I am sure I read/heard that the stringent security measures at airports now in the post-9/11 world have never actually halted a terrorist attack?

Something like three quarters of the weapons they'd carry to test TSA got through.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

According to that same congressman quoted in the Wikipedia, basically the only security change since 9/11 that has actually helped to stop any future 9/11 is that now they lock the cockpit doors in airplanes. Everything else is just billions of dollars thrown away on security theatre.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
the Lana del Raytheon twitter account got outed as a sex pest and just vanished into nothingness forever (I hope).

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

gradenko_2000 posted:

the Lana del Raytheon twitter account got outed as a sex pest and just vanished into nothingness forever (I hope).

when did this happen? I got a bit confused because apparently I had been following someone with the same twitter name but slightly differently spelled.

on that note I checked the twitter account with that name which is protected, and it had ebaumsworld in the bio.

33 minutes ago. That site is still around

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Aidan_702 posted:

when did this happen?

no later than 2018 - my sense of time is all out of whack so I can't be more precise than that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

gradenko_2000 posted:

no later than 2018 - my sense of time is all out of whack so I can't be more precise than that

I thought it was like 5 years ago... stupid Trump era time dilation