Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

Sockser posted:

Aya Cash is the best and I'm super happy to see her getting more high-profile work and everyone should watch You're the Worst that's all

I've been impressed by all of the cast, really (with the exception of Giancarlo who is playing the same character from Breaking Bad essentially). I didn't realize Homelander was in Banshee. I couldn't get past the god awful camera work, but it may be worth another visit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Can someone give me a quick’n’dirty on what You’re the Worst is about?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Bust Rodd posted:

Dysfunctional couples and recreational drug use, mostly. Also a fair bit of burnout, PTSD, and some good-natured humor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Vq6BySruo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du_r992sCRQ

These two clips sum most of it up

Sockser fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Sep 13, 2020

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

Two jerks date each other and one of them is Aya Cash

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Piell posted:

Why are you even watching this if you're just going to make a show that only exists in your head?

He likes the Nazi plot and is trolling.

His early posts were a combination 'Sealioning' / 'Calm_Hitler.jpg' routine.

Bio's running a creative writing exercise.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Bioshuffle posted:

If what I predicted doesn't turn out, the thing I'm guilty of is guessing wrong. It's not like we're in some contest where we have to guess everything correctly. Speculating about potential outcomes is half the fun.

The thing you’re guilty of guessing wrong is whether or not you can identify someone’s clearly racist traits. That’s not a good thing to be wrong about and says a lot about how you handle that topic of discourse.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Rewatching the latest episode, I'm finding that I'm not a big fan of Maeve. I'm not sure if it's the the writing or the actress but she just seems to take up space in the scenes she's in. An exception being the plane scene from last season. I guess her having to share scenes with Antony Starr isn't helping any.

Reminds me a lot of Rashida Jones and her time on The Office.

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 13, 2020

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Sockser posted:

Dysfunctional couples and recreational drug use, mostly. Also a fair bit of burnout, PTSD, and some good-natured humor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Vq6BySruo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du_r992sCRQ

These two clips sum most of it up

Those people seem insufferable. Hard pass. The acting is good though.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah no thank u, glad she made it on to a show with mutants and super powers so that I can see her

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Bioshuffle posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the goons in this thread start claiming Homelander and Doppleganger are the same character because they're portrayed by the same actor. Why even bother watching the show if they already have all the puzzle pieces figured out? It's baffling. To say the least.

There is absolutely no evidence in the show that they are the same, outside one sentence which could be interpreted a million different ways, and an accusation from someone who had one encounter, in the dark literally decades before the present. Don't forget that during the incident where Liberty kills the brother, she is wearing a hoodie, in the dark, and the girl is inside the car. That's outside the fact that witness testimony is notoriously unreliable. I'm going to bookmark this page so I can see how they backpedal when it turns out the whole thing was a red herring.
Does SA still do toxx clause? I'll toxx if you toxx.
Toxx qua toxx.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Toxx Toxx Toxx!

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

eSporks posted:

I'll toxx if you toxx.
Toxx qua toxx.
Nah.

Did you read a word of what I typed? I literally said there's a possibility they are a same person, just like there's a possibility they are not.

Watched the episode again and I found it interesting how Liberty doesn't use any electricity when killing the brother. Also noted that her face is kept concealed the whole time by her hoodie.

I'd be very disappointed if they turn out to be the same person, as that would mean all the clues were planted just to mess with people who enjoy dissecting little clues.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The show is great, this thread is bad

poo poo like this is one of the reasons I wish they had released the entire season at once

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Oh god just threadban and let the rest of us enjoy the :discourse:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

FilthyImp posted:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
What if stormfront is a clone of liberty? Or if stormfront and homelander are clones of liberty? Or if homelander is really liberty/stormfront's child?

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I want to see more of the B team. We got many more non-Seven supes last season.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

If nothing else the whole “Stormfront is Liberty’s daughter who coincidentally happened to end up super racist too and is a completely pointless and unnecessary distinction in a world where you have a magical compound that can give any power you can imagine, in a show that has never been about sleight of hand at all“ proves that Kripke’s model of drip feeding season 2 has a lot to answer for.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Durzel posted:

If nothing else the whole “Stormfront is Liberty’s daughter who coincidentally happened to end up super racist too and is a completely pointless and unnecessary distinction in a world where you have a magical compound that can give any power you can imagine, in a show that has never been about sleight of hand at all“ proves that Kripke’s model of drip feeding season 2 has a lot to answer for.

Maybe but i definitely prefer this. besides the two people who I already have on ignore because they post like trash this thread is v good. I like getting to appreciate what a show is trying to do each episode instead of consuming the entire narrative in 1-2 sittings while missing or glossing over half the details. I look back now and realize that the entire Netflix Marvel thread was 10,000 posts that went "These shows are all so BLOATED, they should have less stuff in them! Why, yes, I did watch all 12 episodes at once, why did you ask?" because TV is fundamentally not meant to be binged. We tried binging, but you just end up consuming something like a critic (as quickly as possible so you have your takes prepared for the discourse) instead of as a fan (just watching the drat show every week and maybe rewatching it and gleaning over the details and having fun figuring things out.

Also at the risk of sounding melodramatic its really nice to have things to look forward to throughout the week.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 13, 2020

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

unlimited shrimp posted:

I want to see more of the B team. We got many more non-Seven supes last season.
To be fair, we're only four episodes in, and we have already seen a few different supes.

It's not the first time goons have tried to pitchfork against anyone not sharing their ideas. Let's not forget the breaking bad thread where everyone who thought Walter White poisoned the kid was accused of being trolls and mocked and bullied mercilessly.

Only to find out they had been right all along. I guess it's a TV IV tradition of sorts to try and muffle out anyone not sharing their theories. It happened in breaking bad thread, it happened in GoT thread, and you see it happening here.

Either way, I think we can all agree Friday can't get here fast enough. I love love love that they added someone who can actually be a viable threat to Homelander.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

FilthyImp posted:

no i'm sure the poster who unironically loves stormfront and is arguing that the makers of the TV show lied in an interview to misdirect us is 100% going to add productive observations to the thread

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'll be disappointed if Homelander isn't actually A-Train because it will punish us very good tv viewers who are smart enough to get the secret messages behind the information presented to the viewer.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Liberty stabbed Shannon.

HppyCmpr
May 8, 2011

Bioshuffle posted:

It's not the first time goons have tried to pitchfork against anyone not sharing their ideas. Let's not forget the breaking bad thread where everyone who thought Walter White poisoned the kid was accused of being trolls and mocked and bullied mercilessly.

Only to find out they had been right all along. I guess it's a TV IV tradition of sorts to try and muffle out anyone not sharing their theories. It happened in breaking bad thread, it happened in GoT thread, and you see it happening here.

I don't ever remember Vince Gilligan coming out and confirming that Walt did or didn't do that.

I generally assume you're discussings things in good faith but so many of your comparisions are invalid it's getting difficult to maintain that.

HppyCmpr fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Sep 13, 2020

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rando posted:

Liberty stabbed Shannon.

:aaaaa:

HppyCmpr posted:

I don't ever remember Vince Gilligan coming out and confirming that Walt did or didn't do that.

I generally assume you're discussings things in good faith but so many of your comparisions are invalid it's getting difficult to maintain that.

He's not

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Rando posted:

Liberty stabbed Shannon.

I was just thinking about the good 'ole LOST threads from long ago.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I think if Liberty had had electrical powers it would've outed by now. Perhaps she got re-dosed with V and picked up new powers/abilities.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I think if Liberty had had electrical powers it would've outed by now. Perhaps she got re-dosed with V and picked up new powers/abilities.

We haven't really seen anything of Liberty outside of one flashback to know she's at least stronger than normal, and them just launching into things with "Well she also has lightning powers" would have ruined any buildup they were going for, so I assume if she did have the same power set it'll be revealed down the line or otherwise explained when it comes to that. Plus we've already seen two go fast mans, so it's not like powers are entirely exclusive.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rando posted:

Liberty stabbed Shannon.

And then Walt shot Liberty's valance, leading to this cycle of hatred

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
My guess is that the Vought founder who was a known Nazi and whom they made it a point to bring up already this season, created Liberty and experimented on her over the years.

That’s why she seemingly doesn’t age and why she might have new powers now.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

Plus we've already seen two go fast mans, so it's not like powers are entirely exclusive.

Homelander said A-Train's probably not in the Top 20! Apparently the world is lousy with Flashes

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
That the 1970's murder took place durring a storm is probably not a coincidence

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah I'd bet on Stormfront getting some V work done over the years along with her changing getup. Or maybe she could originally just conjure storms but has got greater control over them over the last fifty years to the point where she is just directing plasma

kas
Sep 9, 2003
I am a snoot.

Coward

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Rando posted:

That the 1970's murder took place durring a storm is probably not a coincidence

Good catch

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

Maybe but i definitely prefer this. besides the two people who I already have on ignore because they post like trash this thread is v good. I like getting to appreciate what a show is trying to do each episode instead of consuming the entire narrative in 1-2 sittings while missing or glossing over half the details. I look back now and realize that the entire Netflix Marvel thread was 10,000 posts that went "These shows are all so BLOATED, they should have less stuff in them! Why, yes, I did watch all 12 episodes at once, why did you ask?" because TV is fundamentally not meant to be binged. We tried binging, but you just end up consuming something like a critic (as quickly as possible so you have your takes prepared for the discourse) instead of as a fan (just watching the drat show every week and maybe rewatching it and gleaning over the details and having fun figuring things out.

Also at the risk of sounding melodramatic its really nice to have things to look forward to throughout the week.
Fair points. I agree with you, although at the same time only being able to watch one episode is annoying at the time, but that’s largely due to the fact I have been spoiled by other shows that just get dropped in one go.

I do agree with Kripke about how having the whole season to binge in one go means you get a sugar rush and then a short lived afterglow of discussion, but I was semi serious about having to endure the non-sensical theories. Still, at least it’s not reached peak Reddit Westworld levels.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hah, the Album We Didn't Start the Fire is on is called Storm Front. I had forgotten about that.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Maybe Hughie will take stormfront, who is liberty, on the Downeaster Alexa.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Hughmoris posted:

Rewatching the latest episode, I'm finding that I'm not a big fan of Maeve. I'm not sure if it's the the writing or the actress but she just seems to take up space in the scenes she's in. An exception being the plane scene from last season. I guess her having to share scenes with Antony Starr isn't helping any.

Reminds me a lot of Rashida Jones and her time on The Office.

I'll tell you, I don't mind Maeve although she does seem to be over-whelmed in some scenes but I can't tell if it's acting issues or just how someone would be in her situation

The actors I think are weakest of the cast so far (its a very young show at this point)

- A Train
- Starlight

They both seem to over-act a lot and the scenes with the two of them aren't the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I feel like Starlight being sort of a void of personality is thematically appropriate/works. Completely disagree about A-Train, he plays the part well. I don't really have any qualms with the performances in this show really. Stormfront seems a little on the nose, like that actress is Aubrey Plaza 2.0 where she's just the same person in everything. But even then she's still not bad.