Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Victory Position posted:

just lmao that Palmer Luckey named his surveillance company after a city on the continent that gets completely destroyed by Lavos after they loving wake them up

lavos is government regulation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

lol

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Breakfast All Day posted:

it's lovely because they turn so quickly from "here are readily verifiable facts about the interests of the parties involved and inconsistencies of the official timelines that show the likelihood of prior knowledge and make intent a more likely explanation than incompetence" to "here are empirical topics we don't understand but we value our ignorant intuitions over the positions of knowledgeable people". it's confusing the type of skepticism that questions western geopolitical narratives with the type that questions the shape of the earth. it's the opposite of truth seeking, it's searching for mystical explanation. the alternative plane pentagon thing is literal transubstantiation: it cannot be observed or falsified, it serves no purpose to the conspiracy, it's only a belief to be used as a badge of faith and to give a sense of secret knowledge

and it's superfluous and associates disbelieving the official narrative with irrational mythmaking

yeah that was disappointing they just went in on everything, it really diminishes the value of the actual inconsistencies

to me, the most compelling evidence they presented of a 9/11 conspiracy was the anthrax letters. there really seems to be no other explanation to that except as a cherry on top of 9/11 to get the patriot act passed

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1305007930631225345

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Adolph Nagle

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
:stoked: for Chapo to get back to what they're good at

https://twitter.com/NetflixFilm/status/1304827599688839168?s=19

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
saruman and sauron are completely different characters you imbeciles you absolute morons

selec
Sep 6, 2003

crepeface posted:

saruman and sauron are completely different characters you imbeciles you absolute morons

one of them is the lady from Metroid and the other one is a transformer right

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

crepeface posted:

exactly, just like how hobbits called gandalf "gaffer"

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
saruman illustrates that even noble allies that study fascism too closely to combat it can be seduced by how effective it can be and sauron is a pokemon

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

he is a very Sourman

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Samus Aran is Irish

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Samus Aran is Irish

She does have a habit of leaving around timed explosives

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
Super Metroid. 2021. Comedy/Crime/Drama. Dyspeptic bounty hunter Samus Aran (Brendan Gleeson) tracks his criminal target Ridley (Ciaran Hinds) to the resort town of Zebes, Connacht. Samus finds his mission is complicated by the discovery of the "Super Metroid" (Daisy Ridley). Written and directed by Martin McDonagh. 92 min.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Often Abbreviated posted:

Super Metroid. 2021. Comedy/Crime/Drama. Dyspeptic bounty hunter Samus Aran (Brendan Gleeson) tracks his criminal target Ridley (Ciaran Hinds) to the resort town of Zebes, Connacht. Samus finds his mission is complicated by the discovery of the "Super Metroid" (Daisy Ridley). Written and directed by Martin McDonagh. 92 min.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

does brendan gleeson hang dong

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lumpentroll posted:

does brendan gleeson hang dong

i'm pretty sure what google is showing me are photoshops but i'm no longer interested in this movie

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Victory Position posted:

just lmao that Palmer Luckey named his surveillance company after a city on the continent that gets completely destroyed by Lavos after they loving wake them up

What a loving nerd says I, the guy whose cats are all named after Warcraft 3 main characters.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

MizPiz posted:

She does have a habit of leaving around timed explosives

Last time I asked a girl to cosplay as Samus Aran for sexual purposes, she broke her spine in 5 places. Still working out the bugs on that one.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
:staredog:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

Last time I asked a girl to cosplay as Samus Aran for sexual purposes, she broke her spine in 5 places. Still working out the bugs on that one.

Science team has vapor for brains.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Nanomashoes posted:

Science team has vapor for brains.

There we go, I knew somebody would get that reference. One of the few good expendatures of time in completionism: Metroid Prime's scan logs.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

watched “feels good man”

its good but i thought the chapo ep took a much deeper dive on the actually interesting topics the movie touched on. i mean, its anchored by the human interest story of matt furie and his fight to reclaim pepe, which is fine and interesting, but he is completely irrelevant to what pepe became and, more accurately, what pepe’s indicative of—late stage capitalist alienation of a bunch of brain poisoned nihilist idiots that are addicted to online with no hopes of a future.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

tfw no gf is another documentary that's more about 4chan and meme culture.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

crepeface posted:

CHOMSKY: And here comes Bilbo Baggins. Now, this is, to my mind, where the story begins to reveal its deeper truths. In the books we learn that Saruman was spying on Gandalf for years. And he wondered why Gandalf was traveling so incessantly to the Shire. As Tolkien later establishes, the Shire’s surfeit of pipe-weed is one of the major reasons for Gandalf’s continued visits.

ZINN: You view the conflict as being primarily about pipe-weed, do you not?

CHOMSKY: Well, what we see here, in Hobbiton, farmers tilling crops. The thing to remember is that the crop they are tilling is, in fact, pipe-weed, an addictive drug transported and sold throughout Middle Earth for great profit.

ZINN: This is absolutely established in the books. Pipe-weed is something all the Hobbits abuse. Gandalf is smoking it constantly. You are correct when you point out that Middle Earth depends on pipe-weed in some crucial sense, but I think you may be overstating its importance. Clearly the war is not based only on the Shire’s pipe-weed. Rohan and Gondor’s unceasing hunger for war is a larger culprit, I would say.

CHOMSKY: But without the pipe-weed, Middle Earth would fall apart. Saruman is trying to break up Gandalf’s pipe-weed ring. He’s trying to divert it.

ZINN: Well, you know, it would be manifestly difficult to believe in magic rings unless everyone was high on pipe-weed. So it is in Gandalf’s interest to keep Middle Earth hooked.

CHOMSKY: How do you think these wizards build gigantic towers and mighty fortresses? Where do they get the money? Keep in mind that I do not especially regard anyone, Saruman included, as an agent for progressivism. But obviously the pipe-weed operation that exists is the dominant influence in Middle Earth. It’s not some ludicrous magical ring.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Directed by Ridley Scott

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

with colin farrell and colm meaney as the bumbling former real ira "space pirates"

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
there'll be a throwaway line about how they're the "space pirates" because they were the losers assigned to dealing acid instead of real drugs

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

what I wanted to see dug into is how pepe can have a seemingly completely separate culture and meaning on twitch

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Watching a bunch of out of touch middle aged normies trying to figure out 4chan like Einstein watching a toddler fail to understand a seesaw smh

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
lol

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

desperate to know who they are referring to with the "concerned friends" bit. Who are the concerned friends that Virgil was ghosting?

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

probably himself

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

T-man posted:

Watching a bunch of out of touch middle aged normies trying to figure out 4chan like Einstein watching a toddler fail to understand a seesaw smh

when i realized what the episode was going to be I threw my head into my hands

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

congrats nichael

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

TeenageArchipelago posted:

desperate to know who they are referring to with the "concerned friends" bit. Who are the concerned friends that Virgil was ghosting?

matt i guess cause he liked the tweet?

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

the only logical conclusion here....is that virgil is matts ex-wife

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

what I wanted to see dug into is how pepe can have a seemingly completely separate culture and meaning on twitch

it was bizarre, i kept waiting for them to delve into the single most widespread, culturally permeated and adaptable versions of pepe, which is twitch chat. i'm baffled

anyone that saw the doc, did they go over it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao owned, matt remains best chapo