Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

No rants about how Control doesn’t cooperate with a Noyoko controller from 2000, can’t be Chibosoma.

Yeah Chibisoma at least had amusing meltdowns to go with the miserable posting. Chibisoma's exit from the Gunnerkrigg thread is still one of the funniest things posted on this forum..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Been finishing up Watch Dogs 2 and wow this game gives you almost too many options in approaching missions.

I had been cheesing most of the missions with drones and camera hacking, but the stealth/combat system from Watch Dogs 1 is still mainly intact. The stun gun is pretty strong when upgraded and the stun grenade launcher is *chef's kiss*

How's the season pass for WD2? I've been waffling on buying it, but it seems like in general Ubisoft's season passes aren't great value?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Tezzeract posted:

Been finishing up Watch Dogs 2 and wow this game gives you almost too many options in approaching missions.

I had been cheesing most of the missions with drones and camera hacking, but the stealth/combat system from Watch Dogs 1 is still mainly intact. The stun gun is pretty strong when upgraded and the stun grenade launcher is *chef's kiss*

How's the season pass for WD2? I've been waffling on buying it, but it seems like in general Ubisoft's season passes aren't great value?

wd2's dlc episodes are actually really good, some of game's better comedy (and josh moments) are in those cutscenes

you can always just youtube them if you're burnt out on the gameplay though

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

whenever hwurmp posts about control he is possessed by the vengeful spirit of chibisoma

this is so far removed from chibisoma that it's very weird to even venture a comparison. reminder what chibisoma was actually like.

her twitter seems to be gone which is a shame because there was some great content on there, I only have old embedded snippets of these

quote:

Hey, stupid cunts.

If you see your teammate get paralyzed, loving HEAL THEM, YOU WORTHLESS GOD drat MORONS.

Some dickless little fuckboy was throwing Hadokens on G-Rank Kirin when it was at the final area. You dumb Fiver cunts don't deserve me on your teams. loving use...

quote:

Monster Hunter World sucks so much. And these dumbfuck Fivers have the nerve to call older titles bad. Go gently caress yourselves. You couldn't get into them because you're impatient little turds who had to have your hands held. You don't deserve to play real Monster Hunter, assho...

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Just heads up

Do not buy Bounty Battle

it is by far the worst fighting game I have ever played and it had the biggest potential and an incredible cast but wow is this bad.

Hit boxes are broken
Animation is stuttered
Frame rate issues
Stages are uninspired and bland
It is an ugly game
No online multiplayer
AI is unbalanced in the way that even on hardest difficulty you can stun lock them into a corner (they also won’t jump to higher platforms on stages)
No story mode
Crashed on menu multiple times
Thankfully steam allows refunds

Only good thing about it was animated intro
https://youtu.be/m2DEtVcSr20

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

this is so far removed from chibisoma that it's very weird to even venture a comparison. reminder what chibisoma was actually like.

her twitter seems to be gone which is a shame because there was some great content on there, I only have old embedded snippets of these

Here's some from way back from the author of Gunnerkrig Court

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3351001&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=83#post394974181

Basically, the author was setting up the groundwork for a possible romance and chibisoma went off on twitter like he killed a dog and made them eat it.

chibisoma posted:

Well, Gunnerkrigg Court's decided to sink ships and hook Annie up with Jack, it seems. Interest completely hit rock bottom. Thanks, Tom!
Oh good, generic straight romance #2,405,120. Yawn. No Kat/Annie End, no reading. Jack's the least interesting male since Chiba Mamoru.
And to Tom: gently caress you for not taking a god drat chance, you cowardly loving bitch. "Nope. Everyone has to be straight!" gently caress you.
Remember the lesson GCC teaches us: Be straight, otherwise your peers won't like you. #GunnerkriggCourt #fuckingasshole #badendconfirmed
Now I definitely need to get to work on writing a guide because otherwise the urge to strange that cowardly little prick won't go away.
Yeah, can't do it. Hey @gunnerkrigg - good job sinking ships and ruining the comic, you weak god drat writer.
@gunnerkrigg Can't have the main characters be bi/gay, right? That's for the two designated 'weirdo' characters, huh? gently caress you, you prick.
@gunnerkrigg No, really, it's nice of you to have a 'please stop reading now' arc. Real considerate of you.
@gunnerkrigg - proving that making a bi/gay character the lead isn't worth the trouble. You're really breakin' down barriers there, Tom.
Hey kids: If you're gay, you should be off where you can't be seen. You must be straight. Remember the lessons that @gunnerkrigg taught us.
loving makes me sick. Great, one more generic straight romance with a bland male lead. Good job @gunnerkrigg you loving coward.
Need to go watch @GeorgeTakei say/do things to calm down. Stupid anti-gay bullshit ruining my morning. Off to Youtube I go...

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

What is a fiver

It sounds like a gang or maybe some sort of Christian cult

e: or the rabbit from Watership Down

e2: is World the fifth entry in the series?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

What is a fiver

It sounds like a gang or maybe some sort of Christian cult

e: or the rabbit from Watership Down

e2: is World the fifth entry in the series?

In World, your character is part of the Fifth Fleet.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Hey, how much fun can I have playing The Division 1 today?

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Hwurmp posted:

In World, your character is part of the Fifth Fleet.

Because it's the fifth (main) MH game.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I've been playing Divinity:OS2 again; only level 11 but I'm further along than the last time I tried playing. But almost every single quest I have, enemies are 2+ levels over me? I'm getting rocked trying to accomplish anything

No idea where to go or how to fix this. Am I missing something obvious? Explored most of the map but there doesn't seem to be anything easier anywhere, so far.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Graveyard and Blackpits area (east side of the map) are the easiest places to start. Wouldn't visit the Paladins until after doing both of those. And stay da gently caress away from that scarecrow.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Lmao I just discovered the scare crow right after posting. They rocked my poo poo real good :)

But yea everything in the Pits is also 2+ levels over me. Did as much as I can seem to figure out in the Graveyard...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think there are some side quests in the town square you can do also.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I found this a pretty useful guide. There's also generally easier fights at the entrances to the areas so you almost always pick off an encounter or two.
I also have no idea how you came to the idea that Blackpits are low-level. Just that oilrig fight, JFC. Still, one thing I've learned after a co-op playthrough: if all the fights are too hard for you, you're not abusing consumables enough.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Sep 13, 2020

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I'm absolutely loving Mechanicus. The way cognition points work is incredibly cool, and being able to chain actions by utlizing them correctly is very satisfying.

However, I'm dumbfounded there's no way to skip/speed animations. It's a bit annoying.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

If you haven't had the chance to check out Cloud Gardens it is amazingly great and chill.

+ nice visuals
+ nice sound
+ very chill and engaging
bonus: didn't hosed up simple physics like most games do. poo poo falls properly and more relevant STAYS at it's place. Even way over 15 years after realtime physics introductions, developers frequently gently caress up the basics. This game does not (as seen below on perfectly believable object placement). Go get it.

https://i.imgur.com/mH0YRRj.mp4

haldolium fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 13, 2020

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
All this Divinity OS1/2 chat really makes me want to play but I bounced so hard off D:OS1 that I kept going back to try and play it for several weeks and constantly getting wrecked in combat and could not remotely figure out what to do or find anything on the map.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

I found this a pretty useful guide. There's also generally easier fights at the entrances to the areas so you almost always pick off an encounter or two.
I also have no idea how you came to the idea that Blackpits are low-level. Just that oilrig fight, JFC. Still, one thing I've learned after a co-op playthrough: if all the fights are too hard for you, you're not abusing consumables enough.

Thanks for the map :)

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

pentyne posted:

All this Divinity OS1/2 chat really makes me want to play but I bounced so hard off D:OS1 that I kept going back to try and play it for several weeks and constantly getting wrecked in combat and could not remotely figure out what to do or find anything on the map.

I just started dos1 after bouncing off it hard the first time. Somehow it's fully voiced now which is cool.

the game gave me a shovel early on. in this first town someone has buried landmines. They blew up an hour of unsaved progress. That was great.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

pentyne posted:

Here's some from way back from the author of Gunnerkrig Court

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3351001&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=83#post394974181

Basically, the author was setting up the groundwork for a possible romance and chibisoma went off on twitter like he killed a dog and made them eat it.

lol forgot about this

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Philman posted:

I just started dos1 after bouncing off it hard the first time. Somehow it's fully voiced now which is cool.

the game gave me a shovel early on. in this first town someone has buried landmines. They blew up an hour of unsaved progress. That was great.

Quick save a lot. For both games.

They're super fun, but there are also a lot of situations that you can get into that feel like gigantic middle fingers. They're mostly kind of charming and funny when you can just quick load from five minutes ago, but it sucks poo poo when they actually cause you to lose progress. The biggest flaw with D:OS 1 and 2 is that neither game autosaves often enough.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Paradoxish posted:

Quick save a lot. For both games.

They're super fun, but there are also a lot of situations that you can get into that feel like gigantic middle fingers. They're mostly kind of charming and funny when you can just quick load from five minutes ago, but it sucks poo poo when they actually cause you to lose progress. The biggest flaw with D:OS 1 and 2 is that neither game autosaves often enough.

I think even D:OS1 had a slider for the autosave time span. You're right never the less, quicksave is always a good idea in both games.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

El_Elegante posted:

No idea what the player base is like but the base game and some expansion content is fun to play if you like looter shooters.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

El_Elegante posted:

I still think it's a solid, very pretty and engaging shooter, but you have to enjoy repetition (which is the case with many games like that I guess).

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Division 1’s environment work nails NYC in the winter perfectly, and the collectibles are surprisingly well written AND fun to actually collect, too.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

My brain decided that today is Tropico day, and the first game is sadly too old-school for me. What's the best one in the series for a beginner? 3? 4?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

StrixNebulosa posted:

My brain decided that today is Tropico day, and the first game is sadly too old-school for me. What's the best one in the series for a beginner? 3? 4?

4’s still really good but if you have 5 and all the DLC it’s basically the same thing but better.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

StrixNebulosa posted:

Three is the first modern. They are all quite similar after that.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Oxxidation posted:

wd2's dlc episodes are actually really good, some of game's better comedy (and josh moments) are in those cutscenes

you can always just youtube them if you're burnt out on the gameplay though

Thanks, I picked up the season pass. Don't think I'm sick of the game just yet, though I might be Watch Dogged out for Legion.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
How enjoyable is "Among Us"? I'm put off that it's a cell phone game that also has a Steam release.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

punk rebel ecks posted:

How enjoyable is "Among Us"? I'm put off that it's a cell phone game that also has a Steam release.

Very. You just need a group. It's not just a mobile game port, it's just a simple enough game to work on both, neither side is compromised other than maybe the text chat.

Playing with randoms is probably hell, but playing with a group of friends is great.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

punk rebel ecks posted:

Depends who you play with. With a good group it's great and fun, with a lovely group it sucks. Like any sort of competitive multiplayer social game.

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

Tropico 6 is the best version of tropico. I think I skipped a few in the middle.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I see. I have no friends so I don't think Among Us will be for me unless it's still fun with randos.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

El_Elegante posted:

You can have fun and actually there are people playing division 2 that can still be persuaded to play division 1, including me. You may be mostly on your own for leveling up depending on time zones and availability and such but if things work out it can happen for the end game at least.

Depending on how much you’re into quasi-battle royales then the Survival mode can be good fun for a while too. Though mostly as a PVE thing these days.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

TIL the default melee sickles in Dusk can reflect enemy projectiles

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Kibayasu posted:

You can have fun and actually there are people playing division 2 that can still be persuaded to play division 1, including me. .

Id totally be down for reinstalling if you’re playing for the first time.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Division 1 was recently free on Uplay, I picked it up at the opportunity as well. I bet you could find a lot of goons who grabbed it, might be worth asking in private games.

This is so relaxing to watch.

Seconding Cloud Gardens (again.) It's a great little game. At four dollars, you can do nothing wrong with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

re: Division 1 as a single-player experience it owned, I loved exploring that environment and finding all the collectible story bits. It's probably better as a team thing but I got a good 20-30 hours of fun out of it.