Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I guess Cactus Jack was originally a Charlie Manson gimmick. And there was Pogo the Clown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
There was that time where Jim Neidhart came out as a KKK member on the indies to attack Virgil, though that probably falls more under the tasteless bracket like the Truth Commission.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Wasn't Stone Cold supposed to be a serial killer? And Waylon Mercy?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Lucha is full of that stuff. Charly Manson, La Nazi, etc.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Waylon Mercy was basically a straight rip off of Max Cady so yeah.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Okay, so we cancelled our Network subscription a year or two ago and had stopped watching anything but NXT before that, so forgive me if this is a stupid question. What the gently caress is with all the dick kicking? I keep seeing results for world championship matches and it seems like there's been at least half a dozen times where one guy just kicked the other in the junk and then proceeded to have a non-match. How the hell is it a thing that keeps happening? Especially in a main event?

vince thinks it's hilarious

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I would have been loving livid to get a main event like that back when PPVs were $30-$60

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Of the 3 different 6-man Dragon Gate matches had in Ring of Honor, which one was considered the best?

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Okay, so we cancelled our Network subscription a year or two ago and had stopped watching anything but NXT before that, so forgive me if this is a stupid question. What the gently caress is with all the dick kicking? I keep seeing results for world championship matches and it seems like there's been at least half a dozen times where one guy just kicked the other in the junk and then proceeded to have a non-match. How the hell is it a thing that keeps happening? Especially in a main event?

you can't run a feud with the same two people for six months if you give the WWE Universe clean finishes!!

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Haven't dick kicks always been a thing?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Yes, but usually as a comedy spot and not as a match ender, at least not if it isn't the result of interference. Otherwise any heel could win any match by kicking the other guy in the balls whenever the ref's back is turned. You wouldn't have eye gouges, rope chokes, and a whole bunch of other heel tactics because why do that when you could win immediately with a kick to the balls? It's like the saying about how the only protected finisher in the WWE is the surprise rollup.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I mean Goldust was doing them forever, but I don't think they really became a thing as far as match finishes go until Undertaker punted Brock in the dick

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Back in my day you forearmed an opponent in the dick, with class.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Goldust did hit the Shattered Dreams, but not very often, and it wasn't always a match-ender even then. Well, sometimes it was a match-ender because he did it in full view of the ref and didn't care about taking the DQ.

Has anyone done more forearm Low Blows than Chyna?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
IIRC Ric Flair did a fair few of them.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Wasn't Stone Cold supposed to be a serial killer? And Waylon Mercy?

Stone Cold was not supposed to be a serial killer, per se, but he designed the persona to evoke the personalities of some serial killers he'd researched.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nut Bunnies posted:

Lucha is full of that stuff. Charly Manson, La Nazi, etc.

Chessman

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

TUS posted:

Of the 3 different 6-man Dragon Gate matches had in Ring of Honor, which one was considered the best?

this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeKPZpA2fWQ

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Speaking of which, wasn't Nakamura disqualified for all his dick kicks while the white folks won main event championship matches at Wrestlemania with them?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Speaking of which, wasn't Nakamura disqualified for all his dick kicks while the white folks won main event championship matches at Wrestlemania with them?

Yes, because at the end of the day [Vince]a sneaky yellow shouldn't be allowed to hold the top title, and the unifanverse thinks they like him but they actually like what I tell them to like and if a ching chong holds the belt then that would just be aweful. We only barely tolerate "the black people" holding the top belt once in a blue moon, after all. They should be grateful that we even allow them to be on TV while leaning into ridiculous stereotypes.[/Vince]

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Waylon Mercy is specifically based on Max Cady, who may or may not be a falsely accused rapist (which is still hosed up source material)

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

sam sheppard, a doctor who went to jail for murdering his wife and then was acquitted in appeals, became a heel character playing an evil doctor who murdered wives

bartok
May 10, 2006

Smoking Crow posted:

sam sheppard, a doctor who went to jail for murdering his wife and then was acquitted in appeals, became a heel character playing an evil doctor who murdered wives

He's also according to Mick Foley's first book the inventor of the Mandible Claw.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

bartok posted:

He's also according to Mick Foley's first book the inventor of the Mandible Claw.

I think that story is actually true.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Has anyone ever made the "Sunset Flip, opponent stays up and tries to fight it" spot look good or at least not bad?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Has anyone ever made the "Sunset Flip, opponent stays up and tries to fight it" spot look good or at least not bad?

Triple H

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

But this is one of the best things in prograps tho?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Any big guy who gets his balance and tries to squash the flipper by just dropping down on his rear end

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

In the Retro review of Wrestlemania X7 and Austin vs. Rock, they mention a "Million Dollar Dream into a cradle" callback.

What is that a call back to? Some match between Austin and Bret, I think but which one? I only ever saw their WM13 match.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

In the Retro review of Wrestlemania X7 and Austin vs. Rock, they mention a "Million Dollar Dream into a cradle" callback.

What is that a call back to? Some match between Austin and Bret, I think but which one? I only ever saw their WM13 match.

Early in his WWF run Austin was managed by Million Dollar man and used the million dollar dream as a finish. Also in Austin’s submission match with Bret much was made about Austin not being a submission wrestler only for him to bust out his old finish.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

NikkolasKing posted:

I want to say Survivor Series 96.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

NikkolasKing posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhs-pOpBwcU&t=900s

The call back is in this match Austin would not let the hold go of the Dream, he cared more about choking Bret Hart then winning so he gets pinned from stubbornness. At WM17 he let it go because he cared more about the championship and winning.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Lid posted:

The call back is in this match Austin would not let the hold go of the Dream, he cared more about choking Bret Hart then winning so he gets pinned from stubbornness. At WM17 he let it go because he cared more about the championship and winning.

Austin should have done more film study and watched the WM 8 !watch between Bret and Piper.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I love how that spot gets used from time to time and is treated as a big deal when it's kicked out of. I'm sure somebody has used it in AEW recently but I can't place it.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lid posted:

I can still make myself mad by thinking about how much better the main event of Mania 14 would have been as the final blowoff to Bret vs Austin

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

jesus WEP posted:

I can still make myself mad by thinking about how much better the main event of Mania 14 would have been as the final blowoff to Bret vs Austin

Agreed, though I wonder, what would have been the plan for Shawn Michaels have been if Bret had stayed? Best I can figure is Owen.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

TL posted:

Agreed, though I wonder, what would have been the plan for Shawn Michaels have been if Bret had stayed? Best I can figure is Owen.

Maybe a Shamrock rematch?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Shawn Michaels vs Triple H 1/2364

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think if Brett ended up staying Shawn would of probably ended up leaving for WCW TBH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Replace Bischoff with pilled up Shawn as the mouthpiece for the nWo in 98 and I am so loving in.