Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Remulak posted:

what the gently caress is a ‘rich academic’?

that’s the oddest part of this.

I don't know about that person in particular but I assume they come from money and went into academia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I assume it’s a grad student who has parents that pay their bills or cover their rent rather having to live off their lovely stipend.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Blarghalt posted:

Within the next year, some prominent alt-righter is going to shoot another alt-righter after accusing them of being antifa

The alt-right has a handful of backstabbers, grifters and paranoid folks that are more likely to turn on each other if they can't get any progress in purging liberals and minorities.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Remulak posted:

what the gently caress is a ‘rich academic’?

that’s the oddest part of this.

glen is not a good person, hth

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

hes a great one!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Farm Frenzy posted:

hes a great one!

no, no he's not

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
yes he is

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Farm Frenzy posted:

hes a great one!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Glenn has been going down the reactionary hole for a bit but CSPAM loves it some hero worship

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
the only hero is crack ping comrade daou

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CharlestheHammer posted:

Glenn has been going down the reactionary hole for a bit but CSPAM loves it some hero worship

dude is besties forever with tucker carlson but no CSPAM gotta love him like he's baby sinclair

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Having a positive opinion of greenwald is counter revolutionary.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Southpaugh posted:

Having a positive opinion of greenwald is counter revolutionary.

its also just plain stupid

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

no CSPAM gotta love him like he's baby sinclair

Not sure who that is, I don't read theory

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Glenn is extremely online and lives and dies as a thin-skinned poster and dammit, I can't help but respect that.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zeroisanumber posted:

Glenn is extremely online and lives and dies as a thin-skinned poster and dammit, I can't help but respect that.

you don't in fact gotta hand it to gg

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Zeroisanumber posted:

that was fine but now he’s out there defending cops so online poison can get anyone.

which is sad he literally used to be the complete opposite.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

that was fine but now he’s out there defending cops so online poison can get anyone.

Oh really? gently caress him then.

Gaupo Guacho
Aug 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Spergin Morlock posted:

/Mike Tyson holds two pigeons together
lol

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

CharlestheHammer posted:

No, he never was the exact opposite. He's extremely anti-liberal/left and always thought the United States needs to go down and authoritarian right wing governments should be center in the world stage. He's your standard right wing libertarian who trolls as a contrarian jackass but always sides against liberal democracies because that's what libertarians really hate.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

MysteriousStranger posted:

No, he never was the exact opposite. He's extremely anti-liberal/left and always thought the United States needs to go down and authoritarian right wing governments should be center in the world stage. He's your standard right wing libertarian who trolls as a contrarian jackass but always sides against liberal democracies because that's what libertarians really hate.

lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

MysteriousStranger posted:

I mean people tweeted at him with one of his own tweets which was the exact opposite position

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
TERFs fit here, right? Because JK Rowling wrote another book, and wouldn’t you know it, the villain is a “transvestite serial killer,” to quote a Telegraph review.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

it’s also 944 pages for a pulpy detective novel

like what

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vdxl_7xhAI

quote:

Clackamas County Sheriff's Deputy: Be careful, there are some laws revolving around what you're gonna do. Don't get yourself jammed up, because you might think you're doing the right thing, but before you know you have criminal charges. I believe in the second amendment, and I believe in it probably more than anyone you can think of. Don't get yourself in a situation where you lose your rights, because you're just pushing the limit, right? We're all, you guys all mean to do good, you all mean, your heart's in the right place, but the loving courts nowadays don't care where your heart is. The courts don't give a poo poo what you're trying to do.

Militia member: [unintelligible]

SD: What?

MM: [unintelligible] law about this [unintelligible]

SD: They can't beat it! (laughs) I'll tell you this. If you fear for your life, if you happen to be in imminent, serious physical danger, it's not just they're saying "Hey, I'm gonna loving kill you," they have to represent a means. So be advised, there's homeowners who've been prosecuted for murder because they killed some guy who was on their property. You have to prove there could be serious physical injury or death, OK? Now, if you throw a loving knife in their hand, that's on you.

MM: [unintelligible] Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah (laughs) cause I could go for the baseball bat [unintelligible]

SD: Be smart people. I wouldn't let this poo poo happen in my neighborhood either, but be smart about it. Don't-

MM: We are not law enforcement. We're a deterrent.

SD: Right. Deterrent, that's cool! Be a deterrent, I want you to be a deterrent. But don't get yourself in trouble. Because you got good hearts, you guys are good country people, you mean good, don't let your mean good, but bad judgement, and you know what I'm saying, get you in trouble. Because nothing could be more shittier, than have John Foote from the DA's office playing the screws to you because you want to be the good guy. And then it falls apart.

MM: Your life will change exponentially if you make a mistake.

SD: You're drat right. And we'll have no choice, in filing charges. Because this has to be that [unintelligible] "All I did was come over and ask him if I could ask for directions and he took a shot at me!" And it's done.

MM: Might see you guys later.

SD: Anyway, be careful! Have fun. [unintelligible] Don't get yourself in trouble, because we will be getting calls about that.

MM: Thank you for your help.

SD: My pleasure, I love to help you guys out. I'm telling you to help you out, ok guys? Don't get in trouble.

MM: Hey Mark.

SD: Yes?

MM: If you need a coffee, or a bathroom or anything...

SD: I'm going home in 45 minutes, and I'm drinking wine. (laughs) I've been down here for three days of this poo poo, so [unintelligible] Yeah, my pleasure, take it easy.

MM: It's appreciated, we appreciate you.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

how did that professor using digital blackface to expand their platform become a fight about Glenn

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
interesting. didn't know this

https://twitter.com/racistNEET/status/1304075787260366848

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i think this might've already been posted. but oh well

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

it’s also 944 pages for a pulpy detective novel

like what

brevity is the soul of wit, as they say

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Lovecraft face turn

Lovecraft face turn

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

I am hearing that on his deathbed #HPLovecraft received the light of Islam and unhesitatingly recited the Shahāda. Even now he looks down on the Ummah from the gardens of Jannah. Truly there is no god but God, and Mohammed is his prophet!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I heard on his deathbed Lovecraft wrote a good engaging story. Sadly we will never see it.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

I heard on his deathbed Lovecraft wrote a good engaging story. Sadly we will never see it.

The text of the story is indescribable

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

have you all considered that perhaps glenn greenwald and hp lovecraft are lands of contrasts

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rah! posted:

it will always be surprising when non-white people support white supremacists, no matter how many times i see it. The entire history of indigenous people in america, for the past 500 years, is genocide at the hands of whiteys

When I think of Swedish literal neo-nazi cum genocidal war criminal cum cop-killer I think of Jackie Arklöv and it's always a fresh :psyduck:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/colinflaherty/status/1304555371336470529

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
David Neiwert on Greenwald's work as the lawyer for the World Church of the Creator is pretty important to understanding Greenwald.

https://twitter.com/DavidNeiwert/status/1130534973902020608

Gaupo Guacho
Aug 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Greenwald is a libertarian free speech absolutist, of course he's fash sympathetic. he just happens to have a tankie fan base whose foreign policy views align with his isolationism

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Tracey is so dumb who is paying him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Tracey is so dumb who is paying him?

His Patreon pulls in $3800 a month alone.