Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
I will say the level of play (and officiating mostly) was way better than I expected, especially on the defensive end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So we all agree, the preseason is pointless and should be binned

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
my second favorite non-Nuggets moment of the day, after the Brady pick six, was when a call went against New Orleans and the fake crowd noise changed to loud boos.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Gardner Minshew is what Baker Mayfield was supposed to be

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Play posted:

Gardner Minshew is what Baker Mayfield was supposed to be

Baker was sold as 80s man?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Baker wishes he had the chill of a Coug

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Alaois posted:

like he said, NFC East Champions

:thejoke:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Mr. Nice! posted:

The big decisions that mike made today weren't bad.

The bad things were 1 - defensive scheming/playcalling/execution and 2 - lovely offensive playcalling/execution.

fat mike did ok. nolan, moore, and the players did not.

lmao bruh

hes fat mike

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

cardinals

19-0 baby

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Barudak posted:

The most important takeaway from the weekend.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Kalli posted:

The most important takeaway from the weekend.

Agreed, and you know what, make training camps secret from now on too. We don’t get a single glimpse of what teams might look like until Week One of the regular season

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/MichaelDavSmith/status/1305240932883857415?s=20

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Ramadu posted:

cardinals

19-0 baby

:hai:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/FO_ASchatz/status/1305352168749367304

:getin:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Baker Mayfield is dumb and bad.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Baker Mayfield is dumb and bad.

On the plus side, he makes lovely insurance commercials.

oh wait that's not a plus

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

indigi posted:

Wentz still holding on to the ball too long, missing open receivers, and sailing it over the middle. Washington should have had four picks today. he hasn’t improved since his sophomore season and, in fact, has regressed to his rookie form. idk how far a team can go with him

I couldn't care less about the Eagles, but he had no time to throw in the second half. You can only get hit so many times before you turn into jelly.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’m glad the Cowboys lost.

chilihead posted:

I couldn't care less about the Eagles, but he had no time to throw in the second half. You can only get hit so many times before you turn into jelly.

his INT was completely unforced. his overthrows were largely unforced. the line gave him plenty of clean pockets, he just couldn’t get it done. he’s got really bad awareness

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
If we wanna talk about unforced overthrows, how about that Tom Brady everyone?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Barudak posted:

I think it really only serves a purpose for the guys on the edge of making the team. Like 1 or 2 games would be fine.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mr. Nice! posted:

If we wanna talk about unforced overthrows, how about that Tom Brady everyone?

Gronk isn't 20 feet tall?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0HeNwgyFj8

At first I thought this was an amazing play by the DB. I re-watched, and while Jenkins does make an amazing grab, Tom Brady threw that ball behind his receiver. If he could accurately throw the ball, that would have been a completion and decent gain.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

just like all the other old people from the midwest, tom brady has chosen to die in florida

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Pats played a good game but I cannot see how they can play like this and beat actual good teams. Especially now that there’s film out there.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Pats played a good game but I cannot see how they can play like this and beat actual good teams. Especially now that there’s film out there.

You can't see how a Bill Belichick coached team can beat good teams? Have you been in a coma for 20 years?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

FizFashizzle posted:

just like all the other old people from the midwest, tom brady has chosen to die in florida

I always said he just went to Florida to retire. :corsair:

I mean he's 43 lmao, if he starts to suck For Real This Time all it means is that the 2nd law of thermodynamics is real. Everything after Super Bowl LI has just been making the rubble bounce. Even my :patssay: rear end can't really give a gently caress anymore either way.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I assume they will change their game-plans week to week like they always have. Cam having more average rushing attempts than Lamar Jackson is probably not going to be their grand strategy.

That said their main problem on offense is still that their receivers and tight ends are a joke, so I dunno what their plan B is unless uhh... *opens Google tab* ... Damiere Byrd becomes a big deal?

e: Sad thing is it looks like their 5'6" (not a typo haha) 4th string running back runs harder than Sony Michel now.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

You can't see how a Bill Belichick coached team can beat good teams? Have you been in a coma for 20 years?

Their roster on offense is really bad.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Tom Brady 0-16 watch

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1305521841637908480?s=19

All those serious injuries already in week 1 suck

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Mr. Nice! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0HeNwgyFj8

At first I thought this was an amazing play by the DB. I re-watched, and while Jenkins does make an amazing grab, Tom Brady threw that ball behind his receiver. If he could accurately throw the ball, that would have been a completion and decent gain.

From like week 7 on last year, it was a 50-50 proposition on whether any pass Brady threw would even be catchable. All we heard about was it's Brady having lovely receivers outside of Edelman.

It's apparent that's not the whole story imo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

D-LINK posted:

From like week 7 on last year, it was a 50-50 proposition on whether any pass Brady threw would even be catchable. All we heard about was it's Brady having lovely receivers outside of Edelman.

People are still saying that today because the pats don't have a lot of star power on offense, but Cam and the offense moved the ball just fine yesterday. I'm not saying the dolphins are the hardest team to beat, but the pats look fine. I still think 10-6 is their floor this year.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Pats offense is fine (probably) as long as their QB can play like a tank and not die and their 34 year old receiver stays healthy. N'Keal Harry was the only other WR to catch a pass, and the #2 WR by snapcount, someone named Damiere Byrd didn't have a pass thrown to him.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

D-LINK posted:

All we heard about was it's Brady having lovely receivers outside of Edelman.

Mr. Nice! posted:

People are still saying that today because the pats don't have a lot of star power on offense, but Cam and the offense moved the ball just fine yesterday.

It's both. The Patriots beat a (probably bad) Dolphins team by having a 2:1 run:pass ratio and giving their QB 15 rushing attempts, while being unable to do anything but the most pure strain dink-and-dunk passing. It looks like they have no receiving tight ends and no deep (or even intermediate) targets, and no red zone receivers. Their passing weapons are, empirically, poo poo overall.

Brady is also old as poo poo and has been in a slow downward glide path since 2018.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Mr. Nice! posted:

People are still saying that today because the pats don't have a lot of star power on offense, but Cam and the offense moved the ball just fine yesterday. I'm not saying the dolphins are the hardest team to beat, but the pats look fine. I still think 10-6 is their floor this year.

They also just lost to a worse version of Miami at the end of the season

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
If we win next week I will become the most obnoxious person on earth.

And yes I know I don't have far to go there

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Bucs need to move Wirfs to LT and fire Donovan Smith in the loving sun. Christ he was awful yesterday.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Pats are in Seattle next Sunday night, it's going to be really interesting to see how Belichick adapts the game plan.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

Pats are in Seattle next Sunday night, it's going to be really interesting to see how Belichick adapts the game plan.

I pray for our defense which has no linebackers.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Barudak posted:

Vikings secondary disagrees!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I didn't get a chance to watch the game but I saw the highlights. From what I saw I think there's reason to worry about the defense (lots of missed tackles in the secondary) but the results on offense were good enough to paper over it for now.