Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Crazycryodude posted:

I have a little crock pot that I let it go in for 24 hours and I've never had a problem. As long as the temp stays low enough that the THC doesn't start getting denatured/vaporized/whatever it can go basically as long as you want I think, with longer coming out stronger but also with more plant matter in it.

Thank you!

Edited to add: sorry to ask for so much hand-holding, but if I do 2 cups of coconut oil + 2oz trim + whatever AVB I have, de-carbed then slow cooked for 24 hours, that should yield some pretty decent butter?

Lovelyn has issued a correction as of 19:55 on Sep 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

An oz per cup should be a solid ratio imo. I find that 1oz of decent bud per cup of coconut oil plus whatever AVB I have comes out pleasantly strong, everyone's taste differs of course and your trim might be weaker than bud but I doubt you'll be disappointed, especially with AVB to kick it up a bit more. Just play around and see what works for you, if one batch comes out too weak/strong then oh well now you know for next time.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
its gonna be great, just start slow when u eat whatever ur making bc the only way to know for sure is have a couple bites & wait & see

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
what's up we'd thread

i'm smoking a hybrid called "Haze" today in a vape cart

vape carts have been my go-to for the last couple years and i love them

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'm declaring this a good vibes zone, bad vibes will be removed

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

haze

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

T-man posted:

I'm declaring this a good vibes zone, bad vibes will be removed

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Wheeee posted:

get a single flame torch, much more consistent results than a triple

Alright.

How finely ground should it be?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Dynavaps are fairly grind agnostic, you can just shove little nugs in them and it'll work fine, but you'll get the nicest hits with a medium to fine grind packed full but not tight.

When you're torching the Dynavap you want the outer large dim blue cone to be almost touching the cap, kept at a consistent distance while you evenly rotate the Dynavap. Use a smaller flame size with a triple torch and stop the moment it clicks; with a single torch you can generally push a second or two beyond the click once you get a feel for it.

Keep the flame near the bottom of the cap, indicated by the arrow, to get the highest temp/strongest hits:

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

on the recommendation of this thread, i think i'm gonna treat myself and order a vapcap for when i'm off my tolerance break. i have an arizer extreme-q and air 1, but i miss the ritual / manual aspect (used to have a vaporgenie). also seems like they're good for microdosing and conserving bud, almost like a 1-hitter for vaping.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Wheeee posted:

Dynavaps are fairly grind agnostic, you can just shove little nugs in them and it'll work fine, but you'll get the nicest hits with a medium to fine grind packed full but not tight.

When you're torching the Dynavap you want the outer large dim blue cone to be almost touching the cap, kept at a consistent distance while you evenly rotate the Dynavap. Use a smaller flame size with a triple torch and stop the moment it clicks; with a single torch you can generally push a second or two beyond the click once you get a feel for it.

Keep the flame near the bottom of the cap, indicated by the arrow, to get the highest temp/strongest hits:

:crackping:

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
bnr weed thred was recommending https://www.planetofthevapes.com/products/potv-one-vaporizer so i picked one up & its all i use now

battery life could b a little longer maybe but thats me reaching it still runs thru like 6 or 8 seshes on a charge easy

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

seattle plague rat posted:

bnr weed thred was recommending https://www.planetofthevapes.com/products/potv-one-vaporizer so i picked one up & its all i use now

battery life could b a little longer maybe but thats me reaching it still runs thru like 6 or 8 seshes on a charge easy

i had one of these for a while before giving it away, it's an awesome device and if i needed a new battery powered vape today i'd get either one of these or the larger variant Fury Edge for more battery; they're good enough that i wouldn't pay retail for a Mighty or Crafty+ anymore and i only gave mine away because i already have a Mighty

anyone who thinks the Dynavap isn't an extremely effective vape wasn't able to figure out how to use it

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

I have a yocan hit too, it worked pretty well until I busted the screen, which is integrated into the cap/not replaceable, and they don't sell replacement caps for that particular vape as far as I can tell. boo

the evolve plus is a very effective little concentrate pen though, great for the price

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Wheeee posted:

anyone who thinks the Dynavap isn't an extremely effective vape wasn't able to figure out how to use it

i know know i mean it literally goes crack ping

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

the satisfying weed equivalent of reloading a garand

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

just woke up. it's 1:07AM and i'm gonna smoke our last two joints and majorly dent our wax supply. cheers yall . gonna drown this weird hellish isolated world out with ganja~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Wheeee posted:

Thanks! I've probably been heating it too quickly.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

I’m so exciiiiiteddddd

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

finally picked up my Mighty and an oz of pineapple today is going to be magic

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I think I just successfully inhaled through my mouth while simultaneously exhaling through my nose but I'm too high to really tell

feels like finding out I can fly or shoot lasers from my eyes I'm so stoked

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i really dont understand edibles i ate a 10mg one yesterday no effects ate 10mg more of it today and i think it might be kicking in after 20 minutes

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Stairmaster posted:

i really dont understand edibles i ate a 10mg one yesterday no effects ate 10mg more of it today and i think it might be kicking in after 20 minutes

I find that edibles are like the opposite of alcohol; they hit you harder and faster on a full stomach. Was that a factor?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ah gently caress im high

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

oh no

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
lmao, i know that feeling

as for edibles, the only way to tell is to experiment.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Drink some water and change rooms if the one you're in sucks.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I dropped my metal mesh screen down the sink, so I pulled out the mesh filter from my old Magic Flight Box

works a lot better than the previous mesh and it's a hell of a lot easier to clean

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

was gonna try to make it another week but gently caress it I need weed

the dynavap rocks, I can't believe how high I am from this little baby bowl.

does a gas range stove work well for heating? I foresee myself going through a stupid amount of butane with this thing

e - left is red line haze (sativa), right is blueberry headband.

tmfc has issued a correction as of 20:46 on Sep 13, 2020

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

best lemon og ever

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

tmfc posted:

I foresee myself going through a stupid amount of butane with this thing

Yeah, no kidding. That triple torch eats like half a fill per day.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/jacqbryant/status/1304605829203505155?s=20

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

rippin bowls

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
Thanks for the help, goonfriends. Time to blast off into edible-land!

Lovelyn has issued a correction as of 22:17 on Sep 13, 2020

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
i love using my arizer air 2 with my bong. its so good

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Lovelyn posted:

Thanks for the help, goonfriends. Time to blast off into edible-land!

wow that looks rlly good

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

being the guy who gets to name the weed strains has to be the best job ever

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

in the future weed strain names will be indistinguishable from paint color names

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Spoondick posted:

in the future weed strain names will be indistinguishable from paint color names

cornflour blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Virgil Vox posted:

cornflour blue dream