Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

jesus WEP posted:

just got superglue everywhere by squeezing a blocked tube until the blockage popped, and half the glue in the tube came with it. just spent a half hour scrubbing and peeling my hands.

please tell me I'm not the only dingus who's ever done this :smith:

Gluing yourself to yourself is like hobbyist puberty, so welcome to adulthood :v:

ask me how i glued my teeth together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Silhouette posted:

Gluing yourself to yourself is like hobbyist puberty, so welcome to adulthood :v:

ask me how i glued my teeth together

dental insurance is expensive so I totally understand.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

jesus WEP posted:

just got superglue everywhere by squeezing a blocked tube until the blockage popped, and half the glue in the tube came with it. just spent a half hour scrubbing and peeling my hands.

My roommate once glued his lips together by absentmindedly chewing a superglue tube.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

Not with super glue, but a dropper bottle of "Sewer Water" wash.

I was using a palette with rounded cups so the jet of wash blasted up and out and covered the wall in diarrhea, too.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I always kept a needle around to unblock my superglue bottles, and I've totally glued tiny model bits to my fingers.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Gluing yourself together, slicing yourself with an x-acto knife, spilling a pot of wash, and accidentally drinking your paint water are all rights of passage.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

accidentally drinking your paint water are all rights of passage.

Almost did this on friday when batch painting Tau Drones. Very quickly I realized "hey this olive jar filled with sparkly water doesn't smell like beer" and felt like a total idiot.

I did somehow get super glue in my hair a month ago. No idea how that happened.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
My first models were full PLAY LIKE YOU HAVE A PAIR metal Warmachine models and I Zip Kicker'd my fingers together so many times. I don't know how I don't have scars or how I still have fingerprints.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
Never my fingers or body parts but I did clean off my desk recently and discovered where my bottle of glue went. It looks like the aftermath of the heat ray in the original pulp War of the Worlds

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

Never my fingers or body parts but I did clean off my desk recently and discovered where my bottle of glue went. It looks like the aftermath of the heat ray in the original pulp War of the Worlds

my brain keeps trying to resolve this image to a picture of baked salmon

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I've done everything but drink tge water, I'm generally paranoid about spills so I dont have drinks near my paint station

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

LifeLynx posted:

My first models were full PLAY LIKE YOU HAVE A PAIR metal Warmachine models and I Zip Kicker'd my fingers together so many times. I don't know how I don't have scars or how I still have fingerprints.

i have accidentally stuck a zip kicker applicator to something as well as had a toothpick bond itself to somthing because the zip kicker wasn't fully done curing yet when I went to apply more superglue onto something.

I'm a professional.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

X-POSTING 40K

Alokgen posted:

Contrast over big flat panels is iffy, but good enough to move on to the next thing.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

R0ckfish posted:

I finished up the Judiciar earlier today!

This is extremely good and cool.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Electric Hobo posted:

I finished a Champion and 2 fighters for my Deathguard Kill Team.

The glow looks so good.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gluing yourself together, slicing yourself with an x-acto knife, spilling a pot of wash, and accidentally drinking your paint water are all rights of passage.
I’ve drank paint water and washed my brush off in my tea!

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

3/4. I've come close to drinking paint water, but I switched to a mason jar for brush cleaning after that, and now I use a resealable paint cup from dollar tree.

And the teeth thing happened because I got glue on my finger, thought it dried and tried to chew it off only to find out that some of it was still active. It felt like pulling your mouth open after taking a bite of really sticky taffy :v:

Edit: also RIP my bottle of 90s citadel flesh wash that was spilled, i will forever mourn you :(

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I am way more terrified of spilling a wash pot than any of the other hazards, I’d take losing a fingertip to my scalpel over it any day

E: I mostly paint on a folding table in my living room. I guess with a dedicated painting space this isn’t quite as scary?

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Sep 14, 2020

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
It's the loss of money, GW paint is liquid gold and dropping the nuln oil for the 5th time hits right in the feels. Money and potential.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

First time doing a power sword. Trying to work out likelihood of loving up an edge highlight vs how much it will add to the final look of it. This is for the actual edge of the sword, there’s no way I have the skill to put one on the two ridges running up the face

(Yes i will drill the gun barrel I just forgot to do it before priming the model leave me alone)

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

First time doing a power sword. Trying to work out likelihood of loving up an edge highlight vs how much it will add to the final look of it. This is for the actual edge of the sword, there’s no way I have the skill to put one on the two ridges running up the face

(Yes i will drill the gun barrel I just forgot to do it before priming the model leave me alone)
Looks good, paint the cables or whatever it is that is just above the guard for some extra effect and keep the blade as it is.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Oh yeah :cripes: I guess black cables will stand out from the lighter colour of the sword at that point, and gold ferrules will tie back into the armour?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

My favorite will always never be priming a finished model because you thought the wrong can was varnish.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

moths posted:

My favorite will always never be priming a finished model because you thought the wrong can was varnish.
this physically hurt me to read

E: related kinda, my girlfriend did a really beautiful oil pastel of our dog and then used the wrong sealant on it, destroying it. For bonus misery, it was the last chance she got to do one before our dog passed away.

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Sep 14, 2020

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

i have accidentally stuck a zip kicker applicator to something as well as had a toothpick bond itself to somthing because the zip kicker wasn't fully done curing yet when I went to apply more superglue onto something.

I'm a professional.

I had to file my fingerprints off a resin space marine dread.

I used the extra thin CA that flows like an oil wash instead of the thick. Holding two parts together, sprayed the CA accelerator and had a problem. I didn't realise how exothermic that was until I couldn't let go of the model and had to rip my fingertip skin off.

A good day.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

3 out 4 here as well. Although once I ripped open a metal tube of loctite because the cap got stuck and spilled superglue all over of my fingers. That was fun to clean up. :v:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

11 years ago, 5 stitches. I was unemployed at the time, so I took the stitches out myself with the same xacto and a pair of tweezers

The only thing I haven't done is drink paint water.

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

I have done this before, my solution is that I now keep my glue in my paint cup.

EDIT:
Haven't spilled a wash, but I have spilled several pots of paint :negative:

Iron Crowned fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Sep 14, 2020

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I just recently spilled some Agrax Earthshade all over my desk.

When I was first getting into hobbying I also spilled a nice brand new bottle of Chainmail all over my friends' carpet. Sorry Nacho :(

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Sab669 posted:

I just recently spilled some Agrax Earthshade all over my desk.

When I was first getting into hobbying I also spilled a nice brand new bottle of Chainmail all over my friends' carpet. Sorry Nacho :(

Last week I was meticulously cleaning up my desk so I wouldn't knock over any pots or my cup full of brushes, and in doing so my elbow hit my wash jar and spilled chocolate-milk-esque paint water all over my carpet

The best laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley, I suppose

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I have been burning the clogs out of my Citadel glue with a lighter so I expect to join the ranks of horror stories soon enough.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Friday night I accidentally had a decent sized drop of Retributor armor fall off the brush when getting it out of the pot and onto the wet palette (seriously, pop top GW style pots are dumb and are why I've been switching to Vallejo).

So I put a little bit of water on it and used my cutting mat as a makeshift palette.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

For clogs in Citadel glue I usually just flip the metal piece upside down in the bottle and let it sit for a couple minutes, I've never had to use fire...

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I eventually solved the plastic cement problem by throwing away my citadel bottle and replacing with tamiya extra thin

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

I haven't drunk paint water (yet), but I did figure out that my models looked so oddly dark because I was rinsing my brush in my coffee mug :/

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

I'm 4 for 4 over the last 20 ish years.

I stabbed myself in the leg with an Exacto while trying to open a blister pack.
I've fortunately only glued my fingertips together a couple of times. I had a harder time when I accidentally covered my hands in JB weld.
I've spilt shades twice, usually when the lid catches a sleeve. I should 3d print a boot for them.

The paint water was just a sip, probably using 2 mason jars one as my drinking water and another as brush wash water isn't my smartest plan.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I ended up buying a GW water pot just to prevent my brain going "have a sip"

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

One reason I use glass jars specifically and never gone with mugs.
Another reason I'm bad at swapping out the water so it usually ends up sedimenting at the bottom after a while. :v:

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Winklebottom posted:

I ended up buying a GW water pot just to prevent my brain going "have a sip"

Same. I bought one specifically because it doesn't look like anything I might drink from. Also, paint water goes on the right of the desk, drinks go on the left.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

My father-in-law drinks Folgers coffee that comes in those red tubs, and let me tell you those are great for either paint water or to douse minis in for stripping paint. And you’ll never be at risk for drinking it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Funzo posted:

Also, paint water goes on the right of the desk, drinks go on the left.

Other way round, you pervert :colbert: