Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I can answer both those questions because I just got these in the mail last week:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000193707575.html

They're fantastic so far. I didn't expect much for that price and I was just planning to use them for podcasts, but the audio is clear, the bass is decent, and they stay connected even when I leave my phone charging two rooms away.

This is my first pair of true wireless earbuds, so maybe there's way better stuff out there, but I'm suitably impressed. They're so small!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

RandomFerret posted:

I can answer both those questions because I just got these in the mail last week:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000193707575.html

They're fantastic so far. I didn't expect much for that price and I was just planning to use them for podcasts, but the audio is clear, the bass is decent, and they stay connected even when I leave my phone charging two rooms away.

This is my first pair of true wireless earbuds, so maybe there's way better stuff out there, but I'm suitably impressed. They're so small!

Have you made any phone calls with them? That's my primary use case.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The Wonder Weapon posted:

2. Is there a thread recommendation for wireless earbuds?

My Haylou GT1-Pros are still doing the business, I'm happy with them: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000127727081.html

Have a look at this YT channel, its all about cheap wireless buds: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7QwWqU_ZcWVko-SZvgcdMg

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've gotten complaints about the mic quality for calls on the Haylous. Like, it's not terrible, but mine are apparently noticeably bad.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Have you made any phone calls with them? That's my primary use case.

Oh, in that case disregard. I don't even think these ones have a mic

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I just got a "Your order shipped!" email. According to the purchase details, it shipped two months ago. So I guess they can just put in whatever bullshit they like.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

For smoking "that good poo poo", I presume...

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD
I got my first freebie and posted the review the next day. I don't think it's possible to do them on your computer, so keep that in mind; if you want to take your pictures with a real camera, you'll have to put them on your phone. They also get cropped down to a square that can't, far as I can tell, be resized. I framed all my shots as rectangles and about 3/4 of each picture got cropped away.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Thanks now I spent money on poo poo that may never arrive

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Thanks for the input on the headphones guys

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Thanks for the input on the headphones guys

1/8” input, just like my love life :rip:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
more of 1/4'' jacker myself.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath posted:

more of 1/4'' jacker myself.

I have mono

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

e: wtf kyg there was a whole page you missed. how do i delete post

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

The Bloop posted:

I have mono

HPV(ictrola)

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Cichlidae posted:

They also get cropped down to a square that can't, far as I can tell, be resized. I framed all my shots as rectangles and about 3/4 of each picture got cropped away.
I was taking (an inordinately large number of) photos for my latest freebie today; the square was resizeable for some, but not for others. :iiam: Maybe it was the difference between the stock camera and the Ali app camera? Chalk it up to Ali randomness.

Speaking of randomness, I expected to possibly get Package A in the mail today and received Packages B and C instead. Who knows. One took only ten days to get to the States from China, so things seem to be chugging along.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

subpar anachronism posted:

I just got a "Your order shipped!" email. According to the purchase details, it shipped two months ago. So I guess they can just put in whatever bullshit they like.

You can probably just dispute it immediately saying tracking info is fake

Although you'll probably be put on the poo poo list that sellers apparently maintain on 3rd party sites

norp fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Sep 14, 2020

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Oh no, I'm just learning about this now... 😬

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

1. Are people still placing and receiving orders despite COVID?

Yeah. Some items come within a month, and some are held up for months longer. There is no real rhyme or reason to it. Where I live, parcels seem to be processed and delivered in batches. I got two the other day, one ordered on July 2nd and the other on May 19th. If you order from a reputable seller, you should get your items (it just might take a long while).

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

norp posted:

Although you'll probably be put on the poo poo list that sellers apparently maintain on 3rd party sites

I don't think these lists matter even if they are real. I've been refunded for maybe 20% of the orders i've made on AliExpress over the years and I've never experienced any blowback.

I'm not sure what the implications of being on such a list even are.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

While I'm here I'll ask another question.

I ordered maybe 10 watches from AE in the beforetimes, and I don't think I paid more than $3 for any of them. They were mostly worse than you'd expect, really. I'd like some watches that have batteries that last longer than three weeks and bands that aren't tissue paper painted to look like leather. Now, I can go to the Fossil outlet down the road and get something of perfectly acceptable quality for $40 to $70. Has anyone found a brand or keyword for stuff in that general quality range but at AE prices?

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

While I'm here I'll ask another question.

I ordered maybe 10 watches from AE in the beforetimes, and I don't think I paid more than $3 for any of them. They were mostly worse than you'd expect, really. I'd like some watches that have batteries that last longer than three weeks and bands that aren't tissue paper painted to look like leather. Now, I can go to the Fossil outlet down the road and get something of perfectly acceptable quality for $40 to $70. Has anyone found a brand or keyword for stuff in that general quality range but at AE prices?

Pagani Design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq8_kai8G5Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y98byQQ0MRQ

They sell a lot of automatics, but do have some quartz

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i bought a watch so bad i wouldn't give it away on Ali and that was the end of my watch buying experiments. let me know if you find good ones

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

This Biden is a not so ugly max bill ripoff

US $19.99 50% Off | Biden Luxury Watch Men Top Brand Leather Strap Chronograph Waterproof Sports Quartz Wrist Watch Mens Fashion Business Male Clock
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKzCrrz

And I want this almost-sterile submariner, cracks me up that it just says QUARTZ

US $9.99 30% Off | Rolexable Classic Watches Mens Daily Waterproof Date Leather Strap Sport Quartz Army Watch Casual Wristwatches Relogio Masculino
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLKC1PH

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Snowy posted:

And I want this almost-sterile submariner, cracks me up that it just says QUARTZ

That could totally be a hipster watch brand name.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Moo the cow posted:

Pagani Design.
They sell a lot of automatics, but do have some quartz

This stuff looks solid but it's not really cheaper than the Fossil outlet. I get that they're supposed to be dirt cheap Rolexs, but that's not the market I'm in. I want a $150 watch for $20, not a $3,000 watch for $80.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Also the QUARTZ has no date, which is wayyy better and unusual on cheap watches. I’d just want to remove the second hand so I didn’t have to see the tick tick.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Hi it's been awhile since I've checked in on this thread. I have two questions:

1. Are people still placing and receiving orders despite COVID?
2. Is there a thread recommendation for wireless earbuds?

I have definitely been placing orders.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

This stuff looks solid but it's not really cheaper than the Fossil outlet. I get that they're supposed to be dirt cheap Rolexs, but that's not the market I'm in. I want a $150 watch for $20, not a $3,000 watch for $80.

I'm having to take a guess at your tastes here.

E: that Pagani Design Cocktail is a $150 watch for $30

Moo the cow fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 15, 2020

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Specifically I'm trying to find a tan or natural leather band with a white face and gold or rose gold casing, but I don't expect you to find that for me of course. Also, I can search AE for items in that price bracket with seemingly good reviews myself. I was more hoping people had personal experience with having ordered and enjoyed specific brands.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Specifically I'm trying to find a tan or natural leather band with a white face and gold or rose gold casing, but I don't expect you to find that for me of course. Also, I can search AE for items in that price bracket with seemingly good reviews myself. I was more hoping people had personal experience with having ordered and enjoyed specific brands.

I've had positive personal experience with all those brands, that's why I was making the effort to suggest them to you.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Moo the cow posted:

I've had positive personal experience with all those brands, that's why I was making the effort to suggest them to you.

Oh, I didn't realize that. Well I will look through those brands then!

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Specifically I'm trying to find a tan or natural leather band with a white face and gold or rose gold casing, but I don't expect you to find that for me of course.

Pagani Design - quality well beyond the price (I have both automatic and quartz)
Guanqin - not as solid, but I think a steal for the price (I have an automatic and I think it is amazing value)
Skmei - not such a fan - cheap knock-off of Casio and personally, I'd prefer the Casio - but as a gardening watch, they work.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Don’t buy the watch for the strap, if you find one you like that doesn’t have a good strap just get that separately.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Moo the cow posted:

Just had an item arrive 5 months after it was ordered: a new record for me.

I'd long-since given up on it.

E: and of course: it was A) the wrong size and B) broken.

Something just showed up 5 months later for me too! I'd gotten a refund for it months ago and forgot about it. I wonder if I'll get recharged? I don't really need it anymore.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

They do a similar watch that doesn't have that godawful date carbuncle on the face.

Really nice.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000822253765.html

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
I was thinking somebody asked for a link to these miniatures at one point when I forgot the link and just posted a screen shot. They came up in suggestions just now.

US $6.46 12% Off | 1:64 Race Medal Diorama Car Wash Bikini Sister Figure Lovely Fat Girl Scenario Model Toys for Model Lover for Matchbox
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKJUsXv

I think I should get this hat. It will detract from my giant rear end.

US $14.53 38% Off | Fashion Handcrafted Large Wheat Straw Hat Floppy Wide Brim hat Women Anti-UV Sun Protection Foldable Sport Beach Hat Cover#4
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqgFOHd

Bored fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 16, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bored posted:

I was thinking somebody asked for a link to these miniatures at one point when I forgot the link and just posted a screen shot. They came up in suggestions just now.

US $6.46 12% Off | 1:64 Race Medal Diorama Car Wash Bikini Sister Figure Lovely Fat Girl Scenario Model Toys for Model Lover for Matchbox
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKJUsXv

Lmao

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Well these are kinda awesome.

US $8.09 10% Off | a Pair Dinosaur Glass Stick Round Geometry Long Gold Color Drop Earrings For Women Boho Fashion Jewelry Bohemian Cute
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m02ZBwL

0 sold. Although I saw that on something I ordered that I was replacing from the same place I had already bought it recently. I can’t remember what it was. Maybe resin pigment?

Also these are neat, but I want to see a mosquito version.

US $3.59 20% Off | New style flying hummingbird painting oil earrings fashion animal jewelry cute female earrings
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMos7lD

Bored fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Bored posted:

I think I should get this hat. It will detract from my giant rear end.

US $14.53 38% Off | Fashion Handcrafted Large Wheat Straw Hat Floppy Wide Brim hat Women Anti-UV Sun Protection Foldable Sport Beach Hat Cover#4
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqgFOHd

I need this for my normal ego who hates being in the sun, and also my alter-ego who is Elizabeth Taylor.