Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

690's remain cool and good. Got 3.5 days into a 5 day trip before the whole state caught on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
nice setup-- is that the reckless 80? been looking into some bag setups now that i've got my true north xabr rack in

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

TheBacon posted:

Rode up to the city yesterday

That's a mighty, mighty nice looking bike. You're just letting it all hang out.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It feels like half the country is on fire. It’s getting hazy and the sun is orange as hell now here in MKE even

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Razzled posted:

nice setup-- is that the reckless 80? been looking into some bag setups now that i've got my true north xabr rack in

Yeah, the 80 v3. Expensive but it's awesome. Easily held everything for 5 days of camping completely self sufficent and didn't move or complain at all over 400ish miles of rocks, braking bumps, whoops and jumps.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Spiffness posted:

Yeah, the 80 v3. Expensive but it's awesome. Easily held everything for 5 days of camping completely self sufficent and didn't move or complain at all over 400ish miles of rocks, braking bumps, whoops and jumps.

nice! their rackless setups are so good. I've been considering selling my boxes to see about getting an R80 as well (I love the R40 since it forces me to pack like I am backpacking), but my gf loves the top box too much for me to ditch it

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

lol ur guys bikes work no problem? suckers

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Some excellent weather up in the Poconos this weekend.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

GriszledMelkaba posted:

lol ur guys bikes work no problem? suckers

A Husky in its natural state.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Voltage posted:

:swoon:

that frame is the sexiest part ever bolted on to a motorcycle

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Voltage posted:

hot :drat:

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
is that pedo maxwrist or newly renovated maxwrist tho

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
That is a pretty sweet lookin Tuono

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

FBS posted:

:swoon:

that frame is the sexiest part ever bolted on to a motorcycle

you're almost correct

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Apparently Aprilia is making a Tuono with the RS660’s twin engine for 2021. That’d be cool.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
A Tuono without a V4? Sacrilege

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

GriszledMelkaba posted:

you're almost correct

Did those ever come in gold

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
Oh man I haven't been to this thread in forever. I stopped riding bikes for almost ten years and then got bitten by the bug again. This time something to cruise around forest roads with.

I road on a gravel road for the first time today and didnt crash. I even got into second gear. Does it even stop being terrifying? I keep thinking my front is just gonna wash out at any minute.

2020 DR650s

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

ddiddles posted:

Oh man I haven't been to this thread in forever. I stopped riding bikes for almost ten years and then got bitten by the bug again. This time something to cruise around forest roads with.

I road on a gravel road for the first time today and didnt crash. I even got into second gear. Does it even stop being terrifying? I keep thinking my front is just gonna wash out at any minute.

2020 DR650s

It stops being terrifying when you have a real knobby on the front, otherwise no IMO.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Try letting out like 2 psi from the tires if you're going to be on the dirt a lot. And yeah, the stock Trailwings aren't great either. But congrats on a bike that will need very little maintenance and has a huge aftermarket.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

Razzled posted:

is that pedo maxwrist or newly renovated maxwrist tho

The channel took a fuckin huge nosedive, I just liked the old videos of him ripping in italy or the canyons in the most wreckless manner possible, but I just mainly just liked the sticker :confused:

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Voltage posted:

The channel took a fuckin huge nosedive, I just liked the old videos of him ripping in italy or the canyons in the most wreckless manner possible, but I just mainly just liked the sticker :confused:

just messing with you, tuonos are awesome in all forms

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

Razzled posted:

just messing with you, tuonos are awesome in all forms

It's so much fun - just hit 15K miles and due for a valve check and I probably should replace the original chain and brake pads...

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I

Slavvy posted:

It stops being terrifying when you have a real knobby on the front, otherwise no IMO.

Deeters posted:

Try letting out like 2 psi from the tires if you're going to be on the dirt a lot. And yeah, the stock Trailwings aren't great either. But congrats on a bike that will need very little maintenance and has a huge aftermarket.

Thanks for the heads up, picked up a set of dunlop 606s

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Deeters posted:

Part of it is getting comfortable with the fact that the bike's going to wiggle and squirm under you a bit on rough terrain too, and gaining confidence it's not going to high-side you into a ditch.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
Muh baby

Sold the F4i a month ago :(

Laguna Seca a few years back withe OEM black plastics

Kenny Roberts was there too w his old biek

I think that's Jake Zemke in the background, he gave me some tips

aventari fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Sep 17, 2020

helstein
Mar 12, 2006

Took the new MT-01 for a spin after changing brake lines, brake pads, oil, tires and adding a lot of bling.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

huh. look at that loving thing

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

helstein posted:

Took the new MT-01 for a spin after changing brake lines, brake pads, oil, tires and adding a lot of bling.

:swoon: one of my faves, a misunderstood gem and a vicious refutation of the notion that Japanese bikes have no character.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

It looks like if Yamaha made a Buell and I love it.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
" But Yamaha Motor Corp. USA declined to import it to the United States, citing a small market for this style of motorcycle"

:argh: Yet another amazingly cool bike that I'd totally buy that hasn't come here. gently caress this hell country.

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
It's a 1.6L cruiser engine with the essentials of a motorcycle lightly wrapped around it, while also looking well designed. Harley-Davidson is going to spend the next 5 years of its existence trying to build something that looks anything like it. But Yamaha thinks there's no American market for it. One of these two large motorcycle companies is probably wrong.

Ulf fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Sep 18, 2020

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Ulf posted:

It's a 1.6L cruiser engine with the essentials of a motorcycle lightly wrapped around it, while also looking well designed. Harley-Davidson is going to spend the next 5 years of its existence trying to build something that looks anything like it. But Yamaha thinks there's no American market for it. One of these two large motorcycle companies is probably wrong.

HD just killed the streetfighter they were showing around that looked similar to the MT-01, which in turn looks a lot like the XR1200 that HD did actually produce and which no one bought because your average HD fan doesn't give a poo poo about anything that isn't a bagger or full dresser

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

From a couple weeks ago, went for an afternoon ride with girlfriend and her dad. By my figuring there's about 150 years worth of bikes in this picture:

His is a 1962 or 63 Triumph (250 I think), hers is a 1972 Honda CB750, mine is a 1978 Suzuki GS750.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

helstein posted:

cripes

dema
Aug 13, 2006

drat. It's already fall here.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

helstein posted:

Is that bevel drive on the cams?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

They're cleverly disguised pushrods.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hey, whaddaya know. Guess I'm still shocked about finding out it was a thing at all with the W800, and also didn't consider that there were still OHV bikes that weren't Harleys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Yamaha, Indian, RE, can't think of anything else still running pushrods.

It really isn't a disadvantage at all if the engine is slow-revving, with an emphasis on easy useable torque. Plus if you design from a clean sheet like Yamaha were able to, you can avoid a lot of the baked-in foibles Harleys have from their engines being a seamless evolution over 80 years. So you just end up with a nice retro-feeling and looking engine, with very low maintenance and some packaging benefits.