Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Also, shut up, Sleeveless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

space uncle posted:

Whomst amongst us doesn’t wear shoes in the kitchen at all times.

I don't wear shoes in the kitchen but I also don't wear clothes in the kitchen so that is largely why.

I have a natural covering of fur to shield my stomach from oil burns.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Moon Slayer posted:

Hot dish is great. My parents both worked full time with 45-minute + commutes, so they needed big, easily reheatable meals when my sister and I were kids. We ate a LOT of cream of mushroom soup, pasta, and hamburger hot dish and I still love it.

PASTA????

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Moon Slayer posted:

Hot dish is great. My parents both worked full time with 45-minute + commutes, so they needed big, easily reheatable meals when my sister and I were kids. We ate a LOT of cream of mushroom soup, pasta, and hamburger hot dish and I still love it.

Ooooh, sounds like this guy got the premium parents that used spices and seasonings when they cooked.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Whatever those little curved noodles are.

My parents would mix their corn in with it but I always at it on the side.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uNSv4ZtMwk

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Moon Slayer posted:

Whatever those little curved noodles are.

...ramen?

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

goddamn americans wearing shoes around the house, your floors have to be dirty as gently caress

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Elbow macaroni. At least that's how I remember it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

space uncle posted:

Maybe I’m just not giving them enough credit, I don’t think they are planning this many layers of conservative propaganda when they can just lazily pop out a video of her cooking crappy lasagna or something.

Why attribute to malice what is explainable by stupidity is what I’m saying. They go on multiple hour long rants about The West and Upholding the Family and Actually I Am Over 5 Foot so it’s not like they’re pressed for time or would ever use a visual metaphor when a meandering facts and logic rant would do.

Ben Shapiro’s one of the most linked to people on Facebook with stunning regularity, if there’s one thing he knows how to do right it’s combine chud baiting and SEO.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Moon Slayer posted:

Elbow macaroni. At least that's how I remember it.

My mom always used wide egg noodles

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Lol at the dumbass mod probating someone for a “gross post” and then it’s immediately followed by multiple much grosser posts

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Who What Now posted:

My mom always used wide egg noodles

Yeah it's basically cheapass stroganoff.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

RustyKnight posted:

goddamn americans wearing shoes around the house, your floors have to be dirty as gently caress

"oh, come in, it's so good to see you!"

you step just inside the door, trying to keep your feet on the mat. "can i take your coat?" you shrug it off and reach down to begin untying your shoes. "oh no please you don't have to take your shoes off." you pause, a bit confused, and say it's no problem, but they insist. "no, really, leave them on, we all do. come on in!" awkwardly, you slide the shoe back on and gingerly take a step inside. it feels rude. something crackles underfoot. you take a few more steps and with each one you feel something grinding into the scuffed hardwood floors. the baby comes crawling around the corner, his hands black with accumulated grit. the corners of the room are vignetted with years of unidentifiable crud. you walk up to the table and your friend swings around an extra chair. it rolls with a crunching noise as if it's on a shuffleboard court. the children upstairs realize you've arrived and start running down the hall. it sounds like someone refinishing a picnic table. you wonder if your shoes might actually be cleaner than the floors. welcome to america

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Thats why the saying "floors so clean you can eat off them" really hits harder in America

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Moon Slayer posted:

My folks would do Tuna (although we called it casserole not Hot Dish lol)

I still make it for potlucks and stuff but without the tuna - Two boxes of Kraft Mac, Can of cream of mushroom condensed soup, an extra can of mushrooms maybe, breadcrumbs on top

Delicious, comforting smush

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The Maestro posted:

Lol at the dumbass mod probating someone for a “gross post” and then it’s immediately followed by multiple much grosser posts

Hey.

gently caress you.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Only time I kept my shoes on inside someones house was when I stayed at my grandparents house in Nova Scotia. They lived in a poor mining town and their neighbour's house literally had dirt floors in some rooms.

In America is it everyone keeping their shoes on or just poor?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fried Watermelon posted:

In America is it everyone keeping their shoes on or just poor?

Mostly everyone

And let me tell you what they do to their dicks!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

ive never been at a house in America where you keep your shoes on, if you’re asked to as a guest it is an extremely unsubtle way for the host to say “do whatever you’re here for and get the hell out”

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

We take our shoes off at the door but our place is basically made of sand so it gets in regardless. We isolate the shoes to minimize the sticker plants getting everywhere after they embedded themselves in our soles.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You may be surprised to learn that in Japan,

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

food court bailiff posted:

ive never been at a house in America where you keep your shoes on, if you’re asked to as a guest it is an extremely unsubtle way for the host to say “do whatever you’re here for and get the hell out”

i've gone to thanksgiving dinners where everyone kept their shoes on. it's not just a hint to get out. some families just wear shoes indoors.

it's one of those cultural things where there are two sides, each side believes their way is the obvious way (or maybe is not even aware of the other side), and no one will ever be convinced to switch. like sitting down to wipe vs. standing up to wipe.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Ha ha you almost got me but ain't no one sitting to wipe.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sagebrush posted:

"oh, come in, it's so good to see you!"

you step just inside the door, trying to keep your feet on the mat. "can i take your coat?" you shrug it off and reach down to begin untying your shoes. "oh no please you don't have to take your shoes off." you pause, a bit confused, and say it's no problem, but they insist. "no, really, leave them on, we all do. come on in!" awkwardly, you slide the shoe back on and gingerly take a step inside. it feels rude. something crackles underfoot. you take a few more steps and with each one you feel something grinding into the scuffed hardwood floors. the baby comes crawling around the corner, his hands black with accumulated grit. the corners of the room are vignetted with years of unidentifiable crud. you walk up to the table and your friend swings around an extra chair. it rolls with a crunching noise as if it's on a shuffleboard court. the children upstairs realize you've arrived and start running down the hall. it sounds like someone refinishing a picnic table. you wonder if your shoes might actually be cleaner than the floors. welcome to america

Do you not have vacuums in your communist countries?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don't wear my shoes indoors but I don't freak if someone else does or stop to take them off if I need to run back in for something. I just vacuum later

I mean I take them off if they're slip offs but not if they're lace up hightops and i just need to grab something off the counter and leave or whatever.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Who What Now posted:

Do you not have vacuums in your communist countries?

Yes and according to one man who was popular in the 80s, you suck it

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

i've gone to thanksgiving dinners where everyone kept their shoes on. it's not just a hint to get out. some families just wear shoes indoors.

it's one of those cultural things where there are two sides, each side believes their way is the obvious way (or maybe is not even aware of the other side), and no one will ever be convinced to switch. like sitting down to wipe vs. standing up to wipe.

Wipe what?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
:ohno:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Doorknobs. Don't want any contact contaminations

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Foreskin. Everyone's got that, right?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Americans can't wipe their foreskins on the doorknobs because of circumcision, pay attention

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Bloop posted:

Americans can't wipe their foreskins on the doorknobs because of circumcision, pay attention

Maybe you can't.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Moon Slayer posted:

Hey.

gently caress you.

Lol

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Moon Slayer posted:

Hey.

gently caress you.
Probate the other ones with "Blame Maestro" as the reason.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Sereri posted:

This but unironically

Can't wait for our 9.11 where we remember *checks notes* oh no *flips pages* oh nooo

I assume you are a German.

At least you had 1989!

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

IDGI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
that's how you know it's a sleeveless post