Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

take the moon

by sebmojo
i was telling someone that i can best describe the experience of being on bad meds by showing them the scene in the colour out of space where nic cage is screaming in his car and maybe looping it

we should do a where is heather papps campaign in the style of the richey edwards thing

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon

by sebmojo
this morning im working on a cv & a linkedin cuz gently caress my job lol

how is morning crew today

----------------

Goons Are Gifts

Finger Prince posted:

I was just looking through an old thread and saw some posts by Heather Papps. Anyone know where he went? I haven't seen him posting recently.

After he was IK in BYOB, the king forum, during a rather stressful time in both the forums and while he was busy doing stuff around his house, his posting went down over time. There also were some rather unchill things being said elsewhere, which wasn't something one likes to deal with all the time. I assume he took a certain forum break and hope he's just chilling and his fixed house, covered with all the hammocks

take the moon

by sebmojo
geez i hope he's okay

----------------

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I want a hammock house.

Goons Are Gifts

take the moon posted:

geez i hope he's okay

I do, too, I'll see if I can reach out.

take the moon

by sebmojo
twitter is bad but id like to note i have achieved 420 followers

breakfast was chips & dip & green tea.

tell me about yr lives orbs

Goons Are Gifts

I just bought terrarium decoration and, again, it was by far more expensive than I'd ever anticipated. God drat it this happens way too often
My pets live a lot nicer than I do and they probably hardly care

Zurtilik

My cat crop dusted me.

My wife is coming home in a few hours.

I handled some dumb work thing I was putting off and it wasn't that bad.

Super hyped for Mario 3D All Stars this Friday.

take the moon

by sebmojo

Goons Are Great posted:

I just bought terrarium decoration and, again, it was by far more expensive than I'd ever anticipated. God drat it this happens way too often

ur insect adventures are hella interesting btw

Zurtilik posted:

My cat crop dusted me.

what does that first thing mean. and woo :)

----------------

more falafel please

forums poster

take the moon posted:

ur insect adventures are hella interesting btw

crop dusting is when you walk by someone and do a toot right by them/on them and then walk away, so they get the toot

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

xcheopis

Goons Are Great posted:

Ha! When I was homeless, the one way I could try to keep my cats healthy was feeding them high-quality food and making sure they had plenty of water. So the three cats were getting large bowls of filtered water and eating venison, kangaroo, boar (freeze-dried treats), etc. I was eating crackers and peanut butter.

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Zurtilik posted:

Super hyped for Mario 3D All Stars this Friday.

This is awesome news. Best wishes to y'all.

This second thing...I never got into the 3d Marios. I'm tempted to pick this up and try them, but I am not a fan of the 'only available for a limited time buy buy buy' setup. Still prolly gonna try to get it and see what all the fuss was about.

REALLY wanting that game and watch tho.

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Zurtilik

take the moon posted:

It means the little jerk farted as she walked by and just kept on going like nothing happened.

take the moon

by sebmojo
O nice

im out in the fall sun & its lovely

----------------

take the moon

by sebmojo
jareth doesnt fart i think ive never observed it

----------------

Zurtilik

Lock posted:

This is awesome news. Best wishes to y'all.

This second thing...I never got into the 3d Marios. I'm tempted to pick this up and try them, but I am not a fan of the 'only available for a limited time buy buy buy' setup. Still prolly gonna try to get it and see what all the fuss was about.

REALLY wanting that game and watch tho.

I loved Super Mario 64 and it's DS remake.

I was a little more lukewarm to Sunshine and Galaxy though. But I want to give them a genuine second chance. Sunshine seems far more charming now to my cold heart and my wife likes the "co-op" in Galaxy because she basically just gets to do something simple to help while also watching me play. Ehehe.

Lock

well if Galaxy has coop then it's a must-buy now

my fiancee (ok yes sorry feel free to copy this to the my gf thread) has become a huge fan of mario party on the switch and I want more stuff she can get into

Goons Are Gifts

xcheopis posted:

Ha! When I was homeless, the one way I could try to keep my cats healthy was feeding them high-quality food and making sure they had plenty of water. So the three cats were getting large bowls of filtered water and eating venison, kangaroo, boar (freeze-dried treats), etc. I was eating crackers and peanut butter.

I was feeling weird when back in the days I was spending money on video games and stuff like that as a hobby, but this one here is somehow way more expensive if you make it so, but it also is quite the fun to micromanage your own little world far beyond what is necessary for survival. I want it to be perfect for the animals and good looking for me.
There's even a theme. The ants have an Egyptian styled desert, the scorpion a Mexican one and the new thing will be south American.

but at least I don't touch computer or something actual nerdy, right???

Zurtilik

Lock posted:

my fiancee (ok yes sorry feel free to copy this to the my gf thread) has become a huge fan of mario party on the switch and I want more stuff she can get into

If that gets to copied to the GF thread then I'm a hall of famer there. I feel like I mention my wife once or twice a day on here at least.

more falafel please

forums poster

Lock posted:

it's kind of co-op, the second player basically gets a cursor to help pick up coins and star bits and stuff

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Lock

I remember hearing about that. Still, seems like it'd be perfect, thx friend.

Zurtilik posted:

If that gets to copied to the GF thread then I'm a hall of famer there. I feel like I mention my wife once or twice a day on here at least.

yeah same

take the moon

by sebmojo

Zurtilik posted:

i think its sad that mentioning you have a gf is a big deal. kind of shows you something about your average goons posting priorities

----------------

Escape From Noise

I miss The Papps Man. If anyone has his ear, let him know I'm thinking of him. Fondly

Zurtilik

take the moon posted:

i think its sad that mentioning you have a gf is a big deal. kind of shows you something about your average goons posting priorities

Hehe. If it's the thread I'm thinking of I think the joke is less making fun of people who have girlfriends and more dunking on people who use their wife for why they can't, or are forced to make, a decision.

Escape From Noise

take the moon posted:

If I had a girlfriend I'd make a pretty big deal about it tbh. Hell, I'd be babbling about it if you've had a date!

take the moon

by sebmojo

Zurtilik posted:

Hehe. If it's the thread I'm thinking of I think the joke is less making fun of people who have girlfriends and more dunking on people who use their wife for why they can't, or are forced to make, a decision.

i was gonna reply to this post but my gf counselled against it

----------------

Lock

my friends, no one who has a significant other is safe, save yourselves; I am already doomed

Zurtilik posted:

Yah it's all good fun, y'all too chill for me to complain. But realtalk y'all -- things you BOTH enjoy doing together? fuckin priceless

Escape From Noise

Lock posted:

my friends, no one who has a significant other is safe, save yourselves; I am already doomed

The six months I experienced of it seemed alright

Lock

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

The six months I experienced of it seemed alright

oh yah 1) I meant not safe from that thread and 2) sorry I was editing b/c trashed and i am not good at posting?

Escape From Noise

Is there a way of getting a name change without giving money to the site owner? Basically the lead singer/guitarist of the band who's song title I took my name from is kind of terrible so I'd like to disassociate from it.

Escape From Noise

Lock posted:

oh yah 1) I meant not safe from that thread and 2) sorry I was editing b/c trashed and i am not good at posting?

U wanna talk about not good at posting?
[Shows thread history]
Come. We have such sights to show you!

Lock

TEACH ME SENPAI

Escape From Noise

Lock posted:

TEACH ME SENPAI

So You Want To Post Bad Threads?

Let me take u to...THE GAS CHAMBER!

Lock

the hallowed halls of the posts of poo poo? I AM NOT WORTHY.

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

good, bad, they're all posts to me

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Jinh

Is there a way of getting a name change without giving money to the site owner? Basically the lead singer/guitarist of the band who's song title I took my name from is kind of terrible so I'd like to disassociate from it.

Can probably donate in that thread in QCS, that's how I got this av. I also might change my name eventually, just to have something more fun to type or quote.

Goons Are Gifts

Ya, there's a request thread in QCS where you can post your request in exchange for a donation of a charity to your choice. If you prefer to not post it publicly, you can also pm me your wishes and donation and I'll get it done for you!

That goes for all yobbers who want to buy something in the store, we can do all the things, not just av changes and Plat.
BTW if someone is lacking Plat and also wants not to post publicly, I have an email linked in the mod list in QCS that you can use to reach me anonymously. You can also send goatse there, because that happened before and I enjoyed it.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

that really is a drag about king buzz. wish he would just not talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Slush Garbo posted:

that really is a drag about king buzz. wish he would just not talk

Never meet your heroes, etc.

In retrospect it wasn't a huge surprise.