Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Ghost Dog posted:

*watches 20 years where your team is the best in the league at developing talent* THIS loving TEAM NEVER>loving NEVER EVER. LETS THEIR DRAFT PICKS PLAY

To be fair the Bengals are way up that list too and are notorious for not playing rookies. If Burrow plays a meaningfull amount of time this season he'll be the 1st bengals 1st round pick since Kevin Zeitler to play a plurality of snaps as a rookie.

The only one besides him is John Ross, who got petty-benched by Marvin in his 1st game and then was on IR after maybe 20 or 30 snaps week 5 or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Eifert Posting posted:

To be fair the Bengals are way up that list too and are notorious for not playing rookies. If Burrow plays a meaningfull amount of time this season he'll be the 1st bengals 1st round pick since Kevin Zeitler to play a plurality of snaps as a rookie.

The only one besides him is John Ross, who got petty-benched by Marvin in his 1st game and then was on IR after maybe 20 or 30 snaps week 5 or so.

the ravens are not the bengals

also theres not a Special Bonus Modifier to all ur football dice rolls for playing rookies. lamars mvp still counts even tho it didnt come during his rookie season. this years one will too

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ghost Dog posted:

waoh

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Ghost Dog posted:

Huge if true.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The Ravens are the Browns;
The Browns are functionally the Bengals. (In Ohio / Bad)

Therefore the Ravens are the Bengals

By If A = B & B = C then A = C.

Checkmate Libs.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
Watch this forums poster DESTORY the AFCN liberal football zeitgeist with LOGIC and FACTS

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Broderick Washington (5th round) also played 28 snaps so 7/10 2020 draft picks saw time in the game.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

And Madubuike would certainly have played if he wasn't injured

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Dog posted:

The ravens are not the ravens.

Teach the contraversy.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mystic Stylez posted:

And Madubuike would certainly have played if he wasn't injured

Oh yeah, especially since they had some real trouble manufacturing pressure (here is Ken's notes on how surprisingly not-great the defensive front was considering it was a blowout -https://www.filmstudybaltimore.com/defensive-notes-week1-2020/)

He's not on the three-week IR, though, so maybe they'll get him back soon.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

AndrewP posted:

Oh yeah, especially since they had some real trouble manufacturing pressure (here is Ken's notes on how surprisingly not-great the defensive front was considering it was a blowout -https://www.filmstudybaltimore.com/defensive-notes-week1-2020/)

He's not on the three-week IR, though, so maybe they'll get him back soon.

Yeah I saw he said Queen was having trouble shedding blocks. In better news Harbs just said Skura isn't 100% yet and he expects Stanley to practice Wed.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm calling Tom Brady cooked. His season, if he even finishes it, will be worse than Peyton's 2015.

It wouldn't shock me if Brady is done this year. But worse than 2015 Peyton?

In the sense of Brady not winning the Super Bowl this season, sure, it will be worse. :haw:

But 2015 Peyton looked WAY worse physically than 2020 Brady has so far. Like it's not even close. Peyton in 2015 was operating at 2008 Brad Johnson levels of "literally enfeebled." His stats per game were also DRASTICALLY worse than what Brady just did (and what Brady did was pretty bad!)

e: Brady is in an odd race against time where on one hand he needs more time to get into sync with the rest of the offense, and on the other hand he could turn into a pile of sawdust in the time it takes me to make this edit.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

look at this awesome poo poo:

https://twitter.com/LedyardNFLDraft/status/1305348715369070592

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I'm not saying the Patriots offense was stellar yesterday, but they were one N'Keal Harry oopsie away from that game being a laffer

I don't think they'll get roasted by Seattle, but I don't see that offense yesterday being able to rally from behind. Running game looked way better with Andrews back :killdozer:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AndrewP posted:

look at this awesome poo poo:

Ah, but you see, he abandoned his run lane responsibilities to rush the passer here. C-.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Bellmaker posted:

I'm not saying the Patriots offense was stellar yesterday, but they were one N'Keal Harry oopsie away from that game being a laffer

I don't think they'll get roasted by Seattle, but I don't see that offense yesterday being able to rally from behind. Running game looked way better with Andrews back :killdozer:

Cam in that yellow suit legit got a laugh out of me

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Did not do a single thing in run defense on this play. Smh

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Aaron Donald is dominant in ways that defy logic and he should have a 0.5 billi contract as well

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/DTranquill/status/1305612143564333062?s=19

Get well soon Drue

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That injury was such a bummer. Poor dude.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The. loving. Browns.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

OxySnake posted:

The Ravens are the Browns;
The Browns are functionally the Bengals. (In Ohio / Bad)

Therefore the Ravens are the Bengals

By If A = B & B = C then A = C.

Checkmate Libs.

I felt owned.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

AndrewP posted:

Kawalimus is just going through the motions these days, it's very hard to be pessimistic about this team

I'm not pessimistic about the teams at all my brain just zones in on the parts that I can be pessimistic about.

Ghost Dog posted:

the ravens are famous for not playing draft picks ever, thats why their entire team is their own draft selections

At WR. Also I don't think Lamar Jackson wasn't really that raw he just kind of seemed that way. It was more getting used to the speed and crap.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

thats cool that you feel that way, im glad no one ever called him a running back

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Ghost Dog posted:

thats cool that you feel that way, im glad no one ever called him a running back

Yeah lots of people said that. But I was really never pessimistic about Lamar Jackson as soon as I saw him play back when he took over for Flacco. And then people who knew him from college told me he wasn't an inaccurate passer. So I knew then he wasn't just another Kyle Boller that Billick(in this case Harbaugh) thought would magically gain accuracy when he got to the NFL.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Time to lure Eli out of retirement

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

Time to lure Eli out of retirement

I don't like Eli all that much, but I can't imagine disliking him enough to want this to happen.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I'm cool with the win

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah lots of people said that. But I was really never pessimistic about Lamar Jackson as soon as I saw him play back when he took over for Flacco. And then people who knew him from college told me he wasn't an inaccurate passer. So I knew then he wasn't just another Kyle Boller that Billick(in this case Harbaugh) thought would magically gain accuracy when he got to the NFL.

you are famously optimistic about ravens draftees

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Washed out

https://twitter.com/NFLCharean/status/1305709505284640768?s=20

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Put Fangio in the hot seat imo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
That was art lmao

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

is Derrick Henry a top 10 NFL RB

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Fangio really went all in on a missed field goal.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Fangio really went all in on a missed field goal.
And didn't even ice the kicker!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh god, this will only make sense to any Mizzou fans but Tucker McCann is on the Titans practice squad should they decide to move on from Gost.

Adding him to a recently cursed kicking franchise would be amazing :allears:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Rinaldo is a goon of his word tits up binch

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Imagine being so bad your opponent misses 3 field goals and an extra point and you lose. Now imagine you find out after the game you can't take your timeouts home with you.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Barudak posted:

Imagine being so bad your opponent misses 3 field goals and an extra point and you lose. Now imagine you find out after the game you can't take your timeouts home with you.

I remember years back a friend losing his mind watching a college football game, in a late first half situation the offense was marching but had very little time and the camera cut to the coach and he had his arms crossed and eyes closed.

"WHAT THE gently caress! DOES HE THINK HE CAN CASH IN TIMEOUTS AT HALFTIME FOR VALUABLE PRIZES!?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Good news everyone. The next football game you get to see Joe Burrow's first nfl win.