Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Wheres my 1000 bucks Andrew Yang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

VitalSigns posted:

Right but then why would this do it, it's all just hearsay, write it off as fake news.

Unless you already thought it was something he believes and would plausibly say!

I thought the same thing, but didn't want to pry. Any actual conversation with my 85+ year old white grandparents about politics quickly turns into "convincing people (who will immediately forget) that we don't say certain words anymore" so I figured I'd just let it play out amongst them.

But yeah, I get the inherent :psyduck:-ness of THIS finally being the straw that broke the camel's back. It's like an Evangelical suddenly realizing "hey, wait a minute, I'm starting to think that Trump is sexually impure!" this late in the game.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I watched someone try to argue that DeJoy removing post boxes, destroying sorting machines and cutting staffing was Obama's fault somehow. Conservatives can convince themselves of anything at all to maintain their ideology, although I guess some have breaking points somewhere.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I watched someone try to argue that DeJoy removing post boxes, destroying sorting machines and cutting staffing was Obama's fault somehow. Conservatives can convince themselves of anything at all to maintain their ideology, although I guess some have breaking points somewhere.

My mom was talking to me baffled that Right Wingers could support someone with naked contempt for wounded veterans, and I mentioned that right wing veterans on Twitter /Facebook have either refused to address it outright or flat out denied that it happened the way described. They don't bother to justify their ideology, it's just a cudgel used to tear down the beliefs of others.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
No kidding. I commented (on FB, I know, it was a post in a big COVID group) on the video of that lone unarmed kid getting assaulted and maced with guns drawn on him by the cargo shorts mob in Texas, and for the next 24 hours I received constant insults, sexual threats, accusations of homosexuality and worse. I had so many that some of them were getting deleted by the mod team for breaking community rules before I was able to check my notifications.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
My aunt who's a huge Trump supporter posted about the Trump thing today and it was basically "The media is lying, even Fox News is lying, Bolton was there and says Trump didn't say that so it proves they're lying."

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

My aunt who's a huge Trump supporter posted about the Trump thing today and it was basically "The media is lying, even Fox News is lying, Bolton was there and says Trump didn't say that so it proves they're lying."

Yeah I was trying to reason with an Australian lady who was full bore Fox News brain and its literally impossible. If it doesnt come from Breitbart or similar ilk it is just dismissed outright. It's like trying to reason someone out of cult membership.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The Artificial Kid posted:

What is this dickhead's problem? Does he realise how big the atmosphere is? They're talking about releasing a plume "a few kilometres long". Does he realise how big the earth's atmosphere is?

People are very bad at processing very large things

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Twelve by Pies posted:

For those of us catching up, which Trump thing today was this?

Edit: "Bolton won't rule out Trump's disparaging remarks on soldiers but says he 'didn't hear' then firsthand", Washington Examiner 9/4 ? This is the same Bolton who now says "that (accusation) was simply false"?

Edit2: The same Bolton who says Trump decisions could be worse in second term if re-elected, criticises coronavirus response?

So then... Bolton says (Trump didn't disparage soldiers)+(don't re-elect Trump). Either you're voting against Trump or you hate are trupes.

PhantomOfTheCopier fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 8, 2020

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Twelve by Pies posted:

So then all the things in "the room where it happened" happened?

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Twelve by Pies posted:

Subscribing so we can find out what your stupid loving aunt (sorry) thinks about the Woodward tapes.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

This might be the worst succ image ever.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Roll 1d100 sanity damage if you read the name at the end

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Grandkids: "who the gently caress is John McCain"

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱

CuddleCryptid posted:

Grandkids: "who the gently caress is John McCain"

The corpse of Megan McCain bursts through the wall "My father was a great man"

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The world is doomed. I just hope I live long enough to see, if not oil executives, then the creators of these stupid reasonable republicans memes face the loving guillotine.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

DiabloStarCraft posted:

The corpse of Megan McCain bursts through the wall "My father was a great man"

She'll be a tormented wraith howling the Twittersphere, gasping the name of her father as she fruitlessly attempts to wrest his tattered soul from Hell's eternal fires

Or something

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

What kind of Republican were you between 2000 and 2020? Did you like your planes crashed and in flames, your planes full of underage girls, or did you prefer your planes deliberately flown into occupied buildings?

Trick question - Republicans of the era were all three.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

tek79 posted:

What kind of Republican were you between 2000 and 2020? Did you like your planes crashed and in flames, your planes full of underage girls, or did you prefer your planes deliberately flown into occupied buildings?

Trick question - Republicans of the era were all three.

Don't forget the option of your planes left half unflyable on the tarmac in the path of a hurricane.

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
What about a millionaire's private plane landing to the tune of "Ode to the Common Man"

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Time for another family member round-up!

Points for finding an actual picture of chicago deep-dish, rather than normal pizza, I guess?

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
Yeah, that postal worker is colorful and happy looking so obviously she's a liberal who's going to steal your ballot.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

My cousin posted this. The "Okay, COVID is real, but it's not dangerous" is the big deflection these days.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Bobulus posted:

Time for another family member round-up!

I like how for the right, Antifa is both a violent, militant, terrorist organization that is the biggest threat and also a bunch of wussy liberals that are no threat at all.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

jjack229 posted:

I like how for the right, Antifa is both a violent, militant, terrorist organization that is the biggest threat and also a bunch of wussy liberals that are no threat at all.

I think they rationalize this as Antifa targeting innocent white children, old ladies, and cops bound by protocol written by Democrats but ooooooooo just you wait one of these days they'll pick a fight with a troop who has no time for this business!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

jjack229 posted:

Fascism 101: Your enemy is both weak and strong.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

I think the more likely scenario involving another civil war would be when right-wing militias finally take things way too far and the actual military gets to gleefully turn them into grease.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Fascism 101: Your enemy is both weak and strong.

Also "Those others were weak whereas I am the strong one and will crush the ANTIFA with my ubermenschian manliness."

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
If you look at the chud comments to those memes it's always a bunch of pearl clutching about "When is the silent majority going to do something about rioters?" without them actually willing to take any action themselves, it's incredibly lazy. They're perpetually hoping someone else goes all Kyle Rittenhouse on protestors.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Thumbnailing because it's about (theoretical, maybe) child sexual abuse but what the gently caress is wrong with Qanons?
:allbuttons:

:barf:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
I realize we don't do thread title changes here, but "Crazy Political Emails: He can rape a child for the Greater Good." is a hell of a title for this thread

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
I would not want that in the title.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

I'm guessing this is related to the low testing early on, which meant that the only cases discovered were the ones where people were hospitalized and then died?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Guavanaut posted:

Thumbnailing because it's about (theoretical, maybe) child sexual abuse but what the gently caress is wrong with Qanons?

What. In. The. Everloving. gently caress.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I'm guessing this is related to the low testing early on, which meant that the only cases discovered were the ones where people were hospitalized and then died?

Yes, and the correlation between the testing spike and the reduced fatalities escapes them.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Silly Burrito posted:

What. In. The. Everloving. gently caress.

They're bargaining with reality. If they're willing to give up their morals, surely they'll get something in return. That's only fair.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

What the gently caress was the context of this discussion? How did you get into this group?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The context was that everyone who goes on pedo island has to 'prove themselves' and therefore Trump must have molested kids, but Trump good therefore...

It's from a friend who has been Q spotting, it's possible that the person instigating there is trolling to get a completely hosed up narrative going, but we've just had someone who claims to be the 'leader of God's army' claim that Bill Gates donated money to Save the Children purely to spite his anti-mask private school pizzagate conspiracy meetings, so I think we're beyond the veil on this poo poo now.