Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

TheBacon posted:

lmao that number plate

Yeah, I guessed the driver was going for sys being system and the plate being I SYS(tem administrate) or something, but even if i liked private plates in general I think I would have dropped that one.

Colostomy Bag posted:

The redesign is light years better than the first gen.

Is that the redesign? I was surprised when I read the Panamera badge because I remember thinking they were hideous when I first saw them, but thought that looked pretty slick. I thought maybe it was either the difference between seeing a photo and seeing it in person, my tastes changing, or maybe just expectations. Like, maybe if you're not primed with 'this is a new Porche design' you'll see the thing diffently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

they look... flatter now ?

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer
Today I went to pick up a tool I rented from some random dude on the internet. I picked the closest one on a friendly "rent random stuff" site, in a suburb of Stockholm. In the driveway there was a Maserati Biturbo.
He said it was a 1988 so officially called just the Maserati 222 (and missing the "Biturbo" badge), but still. It was in good working order, and while not in pristine shape it looked pretty darn good for a 32 year old Italian car. There was a generic Toyota there too, so it was obviously not the main family car. I complimented him on his taste in cars and his bravery in owning one and went on my merry way, but just seeing that thing kind of made my day.

That is all.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/moistfb6/status/1305260271066394624

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Now I really miss my Outback Sport. :(

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

The best thing about that swan car is the miniature ship's telegraph for communicating with your driver.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

I fuckin hate three spoke rims.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

wesleywillis posted:

I fuckin hate three spoke rims.

That's OK, everyone is allowed to be wrong about something.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Olympic Mathlete posted:

That's OK, everyone is allowed to be wrong about something.

And thats why we allow you to like three spokes :-p

Anything less than five spokes just look terrible.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Now I really miss my Outback Sport. :(

I got the feeling that one might be more GF8 underneath than GF6 now. Looks like it has four pot brakes or bigger just to start with - I bet under the bonnet would be interesting

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Sep 14, 2020

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
What the hell? I'll admit some 3 spokes don't look good on some cars. But don't you dare try and lump 4 spokes in on this.

The Work Equip 01 was a gift from God.

Edit: Also Work Equips, best two tone black and polished wheel, or only good two tone black and polished wheel?

um excuse me fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Sep 14, 2020

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

um excuse me posted:

What the hell? I'll admit some 3 spokes don't look good on some cars. But don't you dare try and lump 4 spokes in on this.

The Work Equip 01 was a gift from God.

Edit: Also Work Equips, best two tone black and polished wheel, or only good two tone black and polished wheel?

The very correct post right here, super cool wheels.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

5 spokes minimum. Fite me. :colbert:

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Those cars would all be unquestionably cooler with more spokes.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I almost hit a cop rubbernecking one of those when they first went public. It was Alaska, exotics were so rare in the 90's that everyone knew about "the" ferrari or "the" lamborghini and where it was usually parked. So seeing the most exciting design in years in person sent blood to all the wrong places and I badly messed up a left turn.

About 50 yards behind the Viper was a cop probably doing the same thing I was (or hoping for an easy ticket) and I really really cut him off hard.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I love Saab's 3 spoke designs but I fully realize that's just me.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

3 spoke wheels are like bolo ties. You can't just throw em on anything and expect it to look good. But the with the right aesthetic, they're perfectly suited.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Finger Prince posted:

3 spoke wheels are like bolo ties. You can't just throw em on anything and expect it to look good. But the with the right aesthetic, they're perfectly suited.

Case in point, on anything Dorito powered.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
three spokes you say?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Chinatown posted:

three spokes you say?

Wrong thread

they look like a piece of metal cut out with tin snips pop-riveted to the rim

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Gotta be a shop, that rear brake rotor is fuckered or some weird coloring on the barrel is breaking my brain.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Suburban Dad posted:

Gotta be a shop, that rear brake rotor is fuckered or some weird coloring on the barrel is breaking my brain.

https://forgiato.com/wheels/forgiato/parlaro/

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Growing up, for a while my mum had a JDM ‘81 Mitsubishi Sigma Turbo. Almost identical to this one, but stripper model, no headlight wipers, manual windows and steelies with chrome trim rings and everything. I’m willing to bet is was like a WRX RA edition or whatever, you know the basic model designed to be turned into a race car or whatever. Anyway it was cool as, and once I learnt about Equips, I think they (or any of the contemporary Work wheels) would be perfect if I wasn’t gunna run widened steelies for super stealth.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Me, an idiot, in 1998: Goddamn three spoke rims!

Me, now a cool guy in 2020: GodDAMN! Three spoke rims!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

:barf:

Thorbeef
Jul 24, 2007
Advan's A3A rims have always been tasty

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Spokes are irrelevant, all wheels should be turbofan wheels

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

My first love.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

My first love.

Same. I looked for the most period correct photo too for max nostalgia.

I spent so many hours in Gran Turismo on the stock vehicle challenge with it destroying an NSX for 400k credits.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Some random rear end turbo tractor just showed up in my YouTube stories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdiLgX0Bf5Q

Turns out it's from 3-4 years ago with no additional info.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

A Chariot fit for a GOLDEN GOD!

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

loving Benny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqTubi-LDAo

My old R32 was white but I always wanted a Gunmetal one.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

BigPaddy posted:

loving Benny

Making it stock again. Niiiiiice :D

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

A Chariot fit for a GOLDEN GOD!

I am untethered, and my rage knows no bounds!

e: The bolo tie comment regarding three-spoke wheels is bang on. The Range Rover Vogue 3 spokes and the OG Saab 900i Aero wheels were the epitome of subtle class back in their day.

Bass Ackwards fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Sep 16, 2020

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Dave Inc. posted:

I thought that was going to go so differently, but that dude and that kid are super cool.

Yep - my neighbors' kids did donuts on my driveway with an electric scooter and scratched the hell out of a five day old seal coat job.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Unf

https://youtu.be/XSv5aXS7IHw

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Thumposaurus posted:

Some random rear end turbo tractor just showed up in my YouTube stories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdiLgX0Bf5Q

Turns out it's from 3-4 years ago with no additional info.

That thing might have 35, hell maybe 40 horsepower now!

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

wallaka posted:

That thing might have 35, hell maybe 40 horsepower now!

Having helped my father rebuild several antique tractors, these things are built like tanks and can probably handle a small turbo just fine. You just need to make sure the head is straight and upgrade the valve springs to handle the boost and the valve seats to compensate for them not running leaded gasoline anymore. Other than that assuming you can get a blow through carb setup working it’s definitely feasible. Hell, with the proper jetting you might even be able to run e85.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BigPaddy posted:

loving Benny

My old R32 was gunmetal ;)

I called up my Aunt when I bought it; when they were brought into Australia she was the national marketing manager for Nissan Australia. She told them there was a market for maybe 20 of them here. They ADR'd 100 of them for sale in 1992, for the insane price of $110,000, more than $200,000 today. They sold the first 15 or so the first day they were available, and then had to drastically discount the rest of them to get them to move.

I assume Benny's car there is one of them - I watched the first couple of minutes as he's introducing it, does he say whether it's grey market or ADR car?