Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I had one crash at the mission rewards screen and lost all my progress for it and had to do again it to get credit but thankfully it was a short one. It's made me real nervous about doing any mission that takes longer than 10 minutes to complete though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
is this game in 2.0 mode? or have a time line when it will be so I can buy it? TIA

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I'm liking it, and the graphics issues (including crashes) cleared up when I went to exclusive fullscreen, disabled dynamic res, lowered to Medium which still looks pretty good. Really surprised at the bugs and such because Nixxes has had such a good track record otherwise.

I just hit endgame. Liking the RPG stuff now and appreciate the investment into multiple characters. Whether I keep playing might depend on how much better at combat (never been a brawler player) I get because there's a lot of stun locking in this game and that poo poo drives me crazy. Also it's annoying that some enemies don't stagger, even when fighting Hulk, who should stagger everyone because he's the loving Hulk.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I think probably half the missions I've run with people online have frozen up near the end.

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer
I'm not entirely sold on the gear system in this game, since it seems like its entire function is to just make you cycle through gear until you hit the magic top number and can actually start attempting to set up a build. Getting higher "level" gear never actually makes you feel more powerful as the missions level right along with whatever the highest level pieces of gear you've found are. I think it would work better if gear pieces didn't have the built in upgrade limit. If I happen to find a legendary with perks I like on it just let me keep upgrading that instead of having to wait until max level and then hoping I find something with perks I like as much. I'm just sort of tired of good gear pieces only getting to see a mission or two of use until they have to be replaced.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

El Cid posted:

I'm not entirely sold on the gear system in this game, since it seems like its entire function is to just make you cycle through gear until you hit the magic top number and can actually start attempting to set up a build. Getting higher "level" gear never actually makes you feel more powerful as the missions level right along with whatever the highest level pieces of gear you've found are. I think it would work better if gear pieces didn't have the built in upgrade limit. If I happen to find a legendary with perks I like on it just let me keep upgrading that instead of having to wait until max level and then hoping I find something with perks I like as much. I'm just sort of tired of good gear pieces only getting to see a mission or two of use until they have to be replaced.

it's the same as any other mmo/looter shooter. Anything below the cap is only meant to move you incrementally towards the cap. Then once you're there, the actual game begins.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It might not be the gear itself as opposed to filling out the skill tree but going from like a level 8 Hulk to my level 30 70ish power Kamala is like night and day. It’s pretty impressive how lovely you feel at low levels.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Invalid Validation posted:

It might not be the gear itself as opposed to filling out the skill tree but going from like a level 8 Hulk to my level 30 70ish power Kamala is like night and day. It’s pretty impressive how lovely you feel at low levels.

Getting the stuff for your heroics when you level up makes a huge difference. My Cap is only like level 25 but basically always has Brooklyn Brawler going.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I've been playing as the Widow full auto stun build since I kinda maxed out Hulk and that's a whole different kind of broken fun. Just chaining takedowns and invis all day. And I totally outleveled my gear so I haven't even really started gearing to maximize it yet.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
It cracks me up every time you dodge an attack, or run up to punch someone, and Hulk, or Thor, or even loving Mjolnir fly in from offscreen and punt your target across the map :allears: Moments like that are what make the game for me. Especially with some of the horrific npc death screams :haw:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Oh man, once you get going with Widow and you can put a dude back in stun before he even gets up from the last takedown... That's the kind of stupid I signed up for.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Good Citizen posted:

Oh man, once you get going with Widow and you can put a dude back in stun before he even gets up from the last takedown... That's the kind of stupid I signed up for.

I love the crazy poo poo like that in this game. Or how Cap can start so many heroic orbs that I’m basically always using Steamroller or in super mode. Does anyone else get broken like that?

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

I have Hulk set up now where you use support ability then ultimate, and everything that dies drops an ult orb so you can just collect them up and do it again.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Holyshoot posted:

is this game in 2.0 mode? or have a time line when it will be so I can buy it? TIA

It's been out two weeks tomorrow, buddy, give it to next year at least before starting this stuff.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I think pretty much every character is broken right now if you follow the basic 2 rule plan:
1) Get the specializations that increase stun
2) Get the specializations that make more heroic orbs drop

Just gotta find the character who has skills you like that do 1 and 2

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

So difficulty has no impact on rewards or XP? Loot at lower difficulty doesn't seem different to me and until I get the hang of this game I'm Challenge I all the way.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
On paper at least, if geared right, Hulk can be effectively unkillable.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold
I do hope they put out some good end game content, such as the raid that was hinted at, but I'm also hard pressed to imagine that they're going to continually keep a solid team on this game to keep pumping out content, rather than just finishing up contract obligations. There was that big character list but I almost imagine that to be a thing where you pay $15 and then you get that character unlocked to play as. Also I can't imagine the raid will be Destiny-like as the mic demands and complexity of tasks puts that kind of content out of reach of a lot of casual players. Hard to say what the future will be.

Arkage fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Sep 15, 2020

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Arkage posted:

There was that big character list but I almost imagine that to be a thing where you pay $15 and then you get that character unlocked to play as.
IIRC characters are free but their challenge card track is not

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

Roman posted:

IIRC characters are free but their challenge card track is not

They’ve said all new characters will be free from the start so yes.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Sure would be fun if I could play this game I bought but unfortunately I get like 15 FPS whenever anything happens. Can’t even enjoy the cutscenes because it stutters through most of it. This is on a launch PS4 but it looks like PC has even more issues.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Someone earlier said there's an iso or major artifact that allows gear to go over 130 or something? Anyone know where to find that?

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

Grem posted:

Someone earlier said there's an iso or major artifact that allows gear to go over 130 or something? Anyone know where to find that?

The highest level gear can drop at is 130, and then you can upgrade legendary equipment 10 times, so a full set of that gets you to 140. The remaining 10 power you get from having a fully upgraded major artifact equipped (doesn't matter which one) since every upgrade level of major artifact just adds a flat +1 to your power.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

El Cid posted:

The highest level gear can drop at is 130, and then you can upgrade legendary equipment 10 times, so a full set of that gets you to 140. The remaining 10 power you get from having a fully upgraded major artifact equipped (doesn't matter which one) since every upgrade level of major artifact just adds a flat +1 to your power.

To be clear, though, I'm not sure there's any actual benefit to doing this unless the major artifact has stats on it. The best artifact for most characters imo is the one that drops orbs and unless I'm missing something (totally possible!), there isn't any actual benefit to your strength past the level where you get all 3 effects.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

El Cid posted:

Got it, thanks.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Beat the campaign, pretty good. One thing at the end doesn't make sense though: When the hell was that picture of all the Avengers and Kamala at A-day taken? We see her whole time there and she never meets them all at once.

Also it's dumb the credits can't be skipped. EDIT: Oh it was just loading.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Sep 15, 2020

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

RatHat posted:

Beat the campaign, pretty good. One thing at the end doesn't make sense though: When the hell was that picture of all the Avengers and Kamala at A-day taken? We see her whole time there and she never meets them all at once.

Also it's dumb the credits can't be skipped. EDIT: Oh it was just loading.

Just assume they're cardboard cutouts

I beat the campaign too last night and it was really good; I didn't know anything about Kamala Khan before this game but she was super endearing and I agree with others saying making her the focus was the right decision. I like that they gave everyone a part in the last battle. Had one bug where some enemy was just falling off endlessly during the Hulk section but a restart checkpoint fixed it. Also LOL at it having a mid credits scene for sequel bait just like the movies.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am enjoying this game alot even though I typically don't like games much anymore.

Is there anyway to get those premium skins via in game actions? I really want that pony tail Black Widow since her hair in game looks like something from a WWE Create a Wreslter

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

I am enjoying this game alot even though I typically don't like games much anymore.

Is there anyway to get those premium skins via in game actions? I really want that pony tail Black Widow since her hair in game looks like something from a WWE Create a Wreslter

You earn the premium currency from the individual hero battle passes but you'll need i think 1000 of it to unlock the battle pass on post launch release heroes.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Namaer posted:

You earn the premium currency from the individual hero battle passes but you'll need i think 1000 of it to unlock the battle pass on post launch release heroes.

This is correct. Any fully completed character pass gets you 1200 bucks, so clearing all of the ones in the base game gets 7200. Keep 1000 for any new characters you want the pass for, and spend the rest as you want.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

Tensokuu posted:

They’ve said all new characters will be free from the start so yes.

Ah well that's good to know. If nothing else that'll be something else to check in on every month.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I'm trying to decide if I should get this, what do people in the thread that have played a bunch think about this? I've seen comparisons for the multiplayer to games like Destiny, does that mean they are going to update with new maps/enemies in addition to the dlc characters?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
It’s a fun core experience, but I’d say wait until the first content update comes around and gives us more of an idea of the legs they’re planning on giving it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Wait for a sale. It’s fun, but probably not $60 of fun.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The best part is the non-online portion, don't get this for the multiplayer yet.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Azubah posted:

The best part is the non-online portion, don't get this for the multiplayer yet.

Yeah this

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Game sucks for the first 2 hours then it starts getting better. I think it's worth the money.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Multiplayer is great if you enjoy endlessly destroying samey robots in search of loot that makes it slightly easier to destroy even more robots. It's mindless fun that I can play totally shitfaced and still make progress every time. I don't know if I would call that good but I've spent more time playing it than any other game in a while.

Game definitely needs a fast spawning endless survival mode imo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spacebump posted:

I'm trying to decide if I should get this, what do people in the thread that have played a bunch think about this? I've seen comparisons for the multiplayer to games like Destiny, does that mean they are going to update with new maps/enemies in addition to the dlc characters?

I think the idea is that every new character will also add more game content? Maybe it's just every few, there were definitely leaks that said they were adding wakanda stuff with black panther

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
There's new maps and missions aside from the new characters, but every new character comes with some story missions for them, a new villain and maps.